VengefulKron

Aug 17, 2018
Hopefully now that the DLSS SDK has been made public and available to all developers, AdeptusSteve will implement it in this game. It'd help with the horrid performance in the fisher village.

(Assuming their optimization issues don't run so deep that a lower resolution would make no difference.)

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
It's nice for Nvidia users but it would make more sense moving to TSR UE5 though moving to Nanite is still a thing you should think very carefully about, especially if the overall performance boost on UE5 without Nanite should be already significant enough perhaps though Nanite can be optimized and stripped down enough for older Systems but i doubt it.

Im pretty sure even if you balance out this UE4 efficiently you would reach overall more user Systems than with Nanite.

UE5 + Vulkan + Default Virtual Path

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Hopefully now that the DLSS SDK has been made public and available to all developers, AdeptusSteve will implement it in this game. It'd help with the horrid performance in the fisher village.

(Assuming their optimization issues don't run so deep that a lower resolution would make no difference.)
Btw in the real complex scenes you don't save a lot from Upsampling at all look for example on RDR2

Most win through it comes in the low complexity parts

i currently win in that scene with Frank on the table roughly +8 Frames with UE4 Gen4 and i wonder if it's worth it compared to the native result which runs slightly slower but still above 30, actually sometimes it's even hard to measure any effect at all when the CPU is cycled to death.

And yeah Wild-Life is already very CPU Demanding i really wonder how this gonna endup with Nanite most of the Work is distributed to the CPU Cores as the Decompression is done entirely on them and the PC has no special IP for decompressing OODLE like the PS5 which 8 cores get heavily taken pressure of with the Special Decoding IP only responsible to take that pressure of the CPU.

It looks like so far as if it saves them 4 COREs utilized efficiently.

Nanite is really pain on my old 4 Cores in the TechDemo compared to Wild-Lifes smaller problems ;)

Im feeling the full heat of that CPU pressure currently.
Heck the CPU can even do 4K H265 at reasonable bitrate on the full 4 cores but the Streaming pressure is really slowly starting to kill it, especially on DX11.
We are slowly ending up to need 2 new cores 4 old cores for the Streaming thread alone :)

Sonys decisions don't really surprise anymore, move every pressure to cheap hardware from the GPU/CPU Cost.

Slowly we really see the Balance to the CPU shifting without 6 cores it becomes more painful every day, overall it is a good sign finally to have reached this state in Multithreading and with low Level APIs becoming more and more dominant.

But Native overall in Wild-Life is not perfect at all because lot of textures are munched down and suboptimal or unreals stream decision crunches them it's a pain to balance this.
At least externally working with someones assets from the outside.

You can analyze the Latency impact so nicely running towards Fisher Village and you drop down to 30 FPS and then running opposite and FPS Jumps up to 60 in sea direction man that animation smoothness difference becomes immediately recognizable.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

okuru1

Jun 4, 2021
Hi! Сan I play next New Game story mode chapters or Fisher Village demo is all existing story game? And why I cant use save/load system? I used for playing 22.06.21 patreon build

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Hi! Сan I play next New Game story mode chapters or Fisher Village demo is all existing story game? And why I cant use save/load system? I used for playing 22.06.21 patreon build
there's only the demo that runs like shit and you can't save yet as far as I know

Reactions: MahNinja

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
there's only the demo that runs like shit and you can't save yet as far as I know
Runs like shit is really way to negative for that complexity on the given factors at the given results nope, it just needs a very decent PC good balanced on both sides GPU/CPU and also on the IO side it could be a nice NVME or at least SATA SSD for optimal Stream results in the heaviest FLY Scenes ;)

Run the UE5 Tech Demo and you know what RUNS like SHIT really means, there i would go down to up to 8 FPS and that really runs like shit above 30 FPS dream of it reaching 30 FPS stable be really happy ;)

Last edited:

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Runs like shit is really way to negative for that complexity on the given factors at the given results nope, it just needs a very decent PC good balanced on both sides GPU/CPU and also on the IO side it could be a nice NVME or at least SATA SSD for optimal Stream results in the heaviest FLY Scenes ;)

Run the UE5 Tech Demo and you know what RUNS like SHIT really means, there i would go down to up to 8 FPS and that really runs like shit above 30 FPS dream of it reaching 30 FPS stable be really happy ;)

im not trying to be agressive here, but I couldn't give less of a flying fuck about the complexity of the scenes
al the trees, terrain, NPC's and whatever add NOTHING for me since there is absolutely no significant story for all of this yet

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
And i can understand that but i see into much different layers on a much bigger scope and i see something extra ordinary forming that as such wasn't here before.

And for me the Performance is not Shit it is sometimes even Impressive.

Last edited:

nitwit555

Mar 25, 2019
Just wanted to share something neat I discovered regarding Camera Presets, I tried searching this thread for user submitted presets given that the game doesn't have any for non-minigame scenes, I also wasn't sure if we could share those presets, well it turns out we can.

The preset config file sits at:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\WildLifeC\Saved\Config\CameraAnglePresets\SexSequenceCameraAnglePresets.ini

As an example I'll be sharing my presets, I generated the complete list of animations which I got off the animation spreadsheet shared on patreon, but 99.9% of them arent aligned, I only got the game today and have only setup like 5/6 different animations, I cloned one of these over all the other,s makes it easier for me and maybe new players to use presets imo since you can just add over/move around the existing angles.

Also I imagine that merging preset files would be fairly easy, in case for example you want to keep some of your presets and hand picking a select few over somebody else's preset file uploaded here.

Like I said I wasn't sure if this was common knowledge already, at least I couldn't find it, also I think the next update is supposed to feature some sort of save system, so it might be that this is all rendered moot pretty soon.

tl;dr
im new to gaem, gief presets

edit: file attached below needs to be renamed to correct extension .ini

Last edited:

DeMaid

Jul 13, 2021
Is there a way to set another character have sex with another while you control a different one entirely?

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018

This instancing is pretty nice :)

im trying to find out when im going to reach the 8 FPS of the UE5 Nanite Tech Demo

Im pretty sure the overall Texturing Efficiency can be still improved and stabilized

Last edited:
Reactions: PePeTheCoCk

Wardatu

Mar 17, 2019
No idea why or what I have to do, but every time I move or start a scene, it looks as if I'm moving through water. Changing graphic settings and fps limits doesn't change a thing, nor do any of the other settings. Doesn't look like a well-programmed game to me. :(

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Sorry but with so few information how do you think someone should get any idea of your problems, first rule of thumb your System information.
So i guess you trying to Visualize "moving through water" as the Performance is not good and it feels to slow or even stutters ?

Though stuttering you would rather use something like "it feels like the first hours in the driving school when i used the coupling wrong and the driving instructor was like hell the coupling dammit let it go slowly" ;)

Or do you really mean it looks like under water "washed out" ?

Last edited:
Reactions: WildKayoti045
3.80 star(s) 176 Votes