Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Ai the Problem is the Streaming efficiency and stability and maintaining it smoothly, it needs some very clever optimizations improving the Streaming but it can be overall less demanding in the End than UE5 Nanite and reach a much broader range of Systems with at least very Playable results with just very decent slowdowns at the Edge. :)

Im not looking at the Ground truth Data i try to estimate for now what the Devs, Artists intention is and then analyzing what Unreals Streaming is doing and how it's decisions are working and how it effects the final PQ and overall Perceptible result :)

I think this is Ground Truth of the Highest Possible Texture resolution for this Scene, based on my experiments with Unreals 4 Streaming in Wild Life in a Edge System Spec Scenario 4 Core/8/8 (10 year old base Intel Platform) :)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
So we gonna see the Step to 4.26 finaly that gonna sync it fully with Fortnite and virtually everyone else and also make GEN5 TAAU work :)

Though TAAU overall wont help really a lot in the very complex scenes so much when the CPU becomes the major bottleneck and with the current simulation part using the CPU all the time the more NPCs are allocated it wont really help a lot.

i really hope for UE5 and Vulkan that could give a nice overall stability boost.

And some more efficient NPC AI state world location handling taking pressure from the CPU.

Also i hope the Water Materials finally get the Water Splash on impact effect like Showcased in the Combat Range, for zillion of years now ;)

And we finaly going to see it being used for the Wild Life Squirt so that D-E-V-O-L-U-T-I-O-N and his Delta Squirt aren't so alone anymore ;)

You can see some of the Textures still failing, depending how the metric and camera frustum switch bite each other and the distance relation for the lods draw distance seems to be preseted in the editor most probably :(
It's only 1 or 2 objects (texture/meshes) sometimes but it's shitty anyways, without DOF :(
Those decisions make often 0 sense and kill the uniformity (stability) of the output result.

Hard to understand if you not used to it from your own work :/

Even harder when Memory is not the issue at all

Last edited:

Dark_Templar

Aug 16, 2017
And yeah Wild-Life is already very CPU Demanding
No it's not CPU demanding WL is just heavily unoptimized, there is nothing in this game that really demands much of the CPU. The AI and physics etc are very simple, there is not a lot to calculate overall so the bad performance just basically comes down to the game being poorly optimized.

Reactions: Grimmiger

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Simple sure it's not as complex as in VAM but Simple is a bit low played and yeah that AI overhead is not optimized well and it's a big part that tanks and pressures DX11 resources and Driver overhead.

Optimizing the Streaming result im not sure the DATA is partly HUGE that needs to be streamed in those Mushroom Part you see in Fisher Village it's a lot of Data that pressures on the System though compared to Nanite (Ancestors of the Valley Techdemo) it's not much and the small stutter is acceptable compared to a total Nanite (CPU based) System Render brakedown on DX11 with not much AI overhead at all.

Same in the Wild Life Map for the Kerpali Village and the Oasis whereby the Oasis is overall much less problematic, you can also see the loading spikes and get the exact distance when it streams in looking at the compass ;)

First take as much pressure from the CPU optimizing on that would be advisable to get a bit more free for the Streaming and it's Driver overhead.

UE5 + Vulkan might bring here allready some nice improvements on the table :)

Most other projects here are far away of fighting with such problems yet, based on their still lower overall complexity ;)

Basicly only Kalyskah and Carnal Instinct are near or getting nearer to it.

The rest is still joke, from the overall streamable data complexity point of view especially when Maya goes exploring the Wild Life by AIR.

So yeah i reached the Nanite Techdemo 8 FPS :)

But yeah it is a strange thing it is exactly that Viewpoint trajectory causing the brakedown a bit on the side of it latency improves over seconds into acceptable range, even Unreals Internal Meassuring is not fast enough to pick it up at least the FPS counter implementation here is dead slow before it even reacts on it.
Not sure if stat unit would be doing it any better.

It is definitely a drawcall overhead

Last edited:
Reactions: PePeTheCoCk

Mandroid69

Jan 25, 2020
How can I get multiple characters to fuck? Or is that thing not available yet? For example can I do a threesome between maya a catgirl and that rhino dude? Or maya and 2 of these goat creatures.

krakox

Oct 4, 2019
How can I get multiple characters to fuck? Or is that thing not available yet? For example can I do a threesome between maya a catgirl and that rhino dude? Or maya and 2 of these goat creatures.

make follow you all the character you have in a group sex and choose group sex option in dialog

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Argh i hate Epics Texture Resolution Metric now the Wings Texture doesn't fully stream in only when very very close to it :(

Last edited:

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
No it's not CPU demanding WL is just heavily unoptimized, there is nothing in this game that really demands much of the CPU. The AI and physics etc are very simple, there is not a lot to calculate overall so the bad performance just basically comes down to the game being poorly optimized.
Yea i think you're right actually. Is it accurate to say that when a game is unoptimised, it is actually NOT using resources that it has at it's disposal because of poor code?

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Yea i think you're right actually. Is it accurate to say that when a game is unoptimised, it is actually NOT using resources that it has at it's disposal because of poor code?
Most here will have in the End to weak systems and when it moves to Nanite it will be over for even much, much more

Most here really seem not to understand the full complexity at all, you mostly compare with results which have other targets or aren't as complex yet in their overall resource allocation needs.

Even if you like to compare it with for example Cyberpunk 2077 it is partly more complex even than that at it's full PQ output results.

Most that can be optimized is the AI overhead and some pressure on the CPU and some strange problems that cause some other problems, but asset optimization has to be done carefully you can't do it like for example in Corvo Biancos direction he did for Drifter Prince such aggressive optimization would be killing it.

It even tasks a System partly so hard that measuring it becomes a overall not so easy task.

Can I change main character appearance somehow?
Only minor changes to heavy would brake everything you can do it from the interaction interface (character poser =O, intercourse settings =l or triggering a sex animation you find all options available in the custom tab.

But be careful never let the SKIN tab open, it will impact the overall Animation Latency.

As well, all of these options are currently locked to Sandbox Mode only.

Guuii
Sex in the AIR with a Dead Chick
Another type of Dogfight
Fuck the Bird down

Who wouldn't want to "shoot" a Bird down from the Sky ;)
Black Widows Fight in Full Naughty Adult Mode ;)

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Ssato243

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
Not using all resources is just one example of unoptimization, but games also need to be smart about how they handle the available resources aswell, even if they can use them completely. In other words, even if a game could use 100% of every resource, it could still be unoptimized. To illustrate, let me give you an example:

In mass effect, there were some stupid walls in large open areas with no apparent purpose, but it was useful because since it would be blocking line of sight, and since that part of the map didn't need to be rendered it improved performance.

This is just an example, and the possibilities to optimize the game are 'infinite'

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Infinite to a certain visual point you can't overcome physics you should realize that the lighting is mostly realtime not pre rendered and as such it is bound to the Time of Day and Shadowing and AO cost is also playing into this, this is open World Mass Effect is no Open World you can trick a lot but your pre production effort for it is gonna rise a lot to.

Unreal is more and more changing to a Realtime Light Model like CryEngine.

Light calculation is becoming more complex as well.

Do the test in the Showroom turn of the light then turn it on and look at the Performance difference from Dark to Bright.

PS: You can see this especially well with Alissa she is a real Abstracted Human at least she is recognizable to her Real Human counterpart in her Abstraction of course in this Art Style and render way she run through the fountain of youth a bit.
Yet she is still recognizable as more Mature :)

You could really well say she is a Pixarfication of the Real Alissa running in a pretty decent Realtime Light Model :)

Last edited:
Reactions: nm79

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018

It becomes very clear up to 90% VRAM Utilization the Wings can still go into full resolution, above 90% VRAM the chance is getting lower and lower and the mips level is lowered sequentially at the Edge of 90%.

That's the Pattern explaining it in other words VRAM runs out for the Wings and neither Main Memory can compensate it currently :D

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 176 Votes