Slick Silk

Jun 24, 2018
Does anybody know why my game is crashing almost instantly on start up? I start it up, get to the first menu and before I can press OK it just crashes without any error. The weird thing is that it worked absolutely fine a few days ago.
Just ran DDU and updated to the newest graphics drivers. Ran Windows Update as well. I'm on Windows 10, OS build 19043.1110.
I thought my game files may be corrupted so I re-downloaded the game and unpacked it again, but it still crashes. I use Windows Defender and have added the game directory to exceptions as well.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Edit: After restarting my PC I now started getting an error message saying: "The UE4- WildlifeC Game has crashed and will close".
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

MangaMaster

Apr 5, 2020
Tried to mimic scenery a bit like in the post you made earlier here, and it runs quite nice as long as there's not too many trees and other objects, so this map works a bit better than the fisher village.

Resolution is at 3200x1600 with Epic on all settings with volumetrics enabled, but Blur and DoF is disabled.

SteamVR keeps starting every time I open it up for some reason so it's impossible to open it in Fullscreen without it messing with scaling (running 200% in Windows).

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Hey guys.is there any mission or fights???except the demo???
nope, absolutely nothing. All you can do is fuck.
Or I guess you could fight feral whatevers in the sandbox if that's your thing, you can find them in the forest next to the kerpali village. That forest that has water running thru it.

vncd

Dec 31, 2019
Mine crashes all the time in Oasis, but no on the kerpali village nor the fisher village, anyone having this issue? is there a workaround?

Also where are the config files for the game? I'm talking the saved data like character mods and custom camera angles

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Personal System Progress Report

Last edited:

SubtleHustle

May 11, 2017
Personal System Progress Report

Skin texture appears to have improved in the year or more since I tried the game. What's your hardware specs? Anyone know how well it will run on a 5700xt?

Reactions: T.G.R

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Should run -2x of what you see in my PQ results

in those low complexity you should reach stable 30 FPS in the higher complexity it starts to become more CPU dependent and you might drop way bellow 30 i would guess 15 at this setup (- AMD, Nvidia optimization loss) though you surely are on a much better CPU as my i5-2400 it will compensate quiet a bit especially in the higher complexity Scenes (6 Cores @ higher frequency will stabilize a lot) with a lot of NPCs, so my very high guess you would reach 20 FPS stable in the higher complexity.

It would be really interesting to see your results :)

halving the resolution you should be about 60 FPS in the lower complexity and a bit more than 40 in the high complexity, this is all based on fisher village which is the extremest overall complexity based on viewdistance object occlusion, foliage density and crowd rendering complexity.

though you should be quiet a bit more stable in the higher complexity scenes when the CPU gets tasks more your minimums should stay more stable

Last edited:

qqqqq1234

Nov 24, 2020
Does anyone know how to access the character creation in here? Ive been having alot of trouble. please and thanks!
Press I. You can edit the possessed character + any characters following / currently fucking you via the dropdown. Press T to add/remove characters.

09S23

Jun 2, 2018
How to get the quality this high? I feel like no matter what quality settings I set, the quality look really low, especially texture for some characters...
My rig: i3 10105F , 1660 Super 6GB driver version 471.41 , 16G RAM, Windows 10 Pro
And yet still no one answer my question :(

qqqqq1234

Nov 24, 2020
And yet still no one answer my question :(
Unreal will progressively load in textures at higher resolutions when it can as part of its memory management. Sometimes it just fucks up though, and doesn't, even with settings on high. There's a great multitude of factors governing its behaviour and I wouldn't know where to start. See if characters still look blurry in the empty showcase scene.

Reactions: 09S23

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Yep it's a pain mostly they're 2 factors your CPU threads are deadlocking or your Memory is not enough or both in the worst case but im really unsure what's going on with that Mushroom and it's closeup quality, it happens on every of those and in the distance they seem relative detailed but in the close they lack massive resolution and blur out way to extreme.

Almost the same problems as with Delta Zone it's Megascan Rocks resolution limited though the blur factor is looking more heavy above for the Mushrooms and Karras tree she is "nailing".

I even realize a blur flickering effect that one is really weird as if mips would constantly change even if the scene has no camera movement from sharp to blurry, happens especially on the tree trunks it's weird.

I really have todo my own Unreal Tech Demo to see what is going on here behind the Editor Scenes and what wrong Material Setups might cause all this.
Though still possible that this Nvidia driver goes a bit high wire and stability might have further improved on the latest one.

But this one was a pretty Milestone Driver for the Cyberpunk 2077 Release.

Though at least 2 Unreal (4) Based Game Optimized Driver where released after it Medium/Nioh 2

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 176 Votes