Vodka10K

Jun 26, 2021
Yeah, Wild Life is super heavy on VRAM. On my 3070 it sits just below the 8Gb limit. I would suggest turning the texture quality down, as that's what uses up most of the VRAM. I remember when I had a 4Gb card, turning the texture quality down could nearly double my FPS.
My settings right now are all set to one step higher from the lowest possible values, including textures. If even RTX 2060 (which costs about $800 now, bought for $600 in June 2021) can reach only 30-40 FPS in this game at 1920x1080, which GPU is required to maintain stable 60 FPS at 2560x1440 (my native display resolution) on all-maxed settings? RTX 3090 with 24 Gb VRAM? o_O

mav99

Jun 8, 2020
I have yet to try this but I did download last build so is this an improved version like higher donor tier or something? Also thanks to the uploader and if dev is on here I would rec. incorporating DLSS into the game as it is now an UE4 plugin and not terribly difficult to implement and can be a gamechanger for those with RTX 2/3 cards. I can upload an FSR mod that could help its not nearly as good as DLSS and another tip is if you have a 2060 try turning on GPU scaling in the NVCP and sharpening and it will be very similar to AMD's FSR. Set 1080p at 900p GPU scaled with sharpening for example but have to check the GPU scaling option under sharpener to use the hardware scaler built into the newer 2/3 series RTX cards.

Sharks are Evil

Jul 17, 2021
I dont get it. why not add a skeleton of a female that looks like a man so people can use the same animations for both? like add a character like max that uses the female skeleton animations, change him a bit or just make him flat with a male head and a penis and walla. shared skeleton for both sexes isnt anything new

Doianu Games

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
I played this years ago. I wonder how big the team behind this project actually is. Does anybody have infos on this?

hakarlman

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2017
Does the game let you make your own quests, or have quests that cater to sexual fetishes, or is it just shallow animation after shallow animation?

• Angry
Reactions: D0v4hk1n

Klöbe

Sep 30, 2017
I can't even believe it. I can't even get stable 30 FPS on medium settings at 1920x1080, and my specs are Xeon E5-2687W v2 (3.4 GHz, 8C16T), 32 Gb DDR3-1866 and RTX 2060 6 Gb. o_O Somebody suggested that 6 Gb VRAM is a bottleneck here, but I just can't afford spending one more thousand of USD to get a GPU with 8 Gb VRAM.
hardly thousands of $ since the 2060 super exists. Also your ram is on the rather slow side by todays standards. It might be a far shot, but i cant help to think, that whoever compiled ur system wasnt very good at what he (or she) was doing, slow ram, a cpu that is really hard to overclock and the none-super edition of the 2060, that was alrdy a failed design (and ultimately a ripp off by Nvidia) when it came out (hence the creation of the 2060 super).
And- as usual more or less - i cant understand all these complaints. Looks great, is very ambitous, more or less unrivaled in what it is aiming for and will be absolutely glorious when finished (i admit there is a little if tied to the finish, but who cares)
So let them do their thing and you go and do yours.

edith says: IF complaining about stuff IS your thing-fair enough. knock urself out

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2019
9 in 10 attempts to run this game end up:
Fatal error!
Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000000

Once it is running finally, it doesn't crash.

It's only with this August updates. I don't experience any problems with older versions.

MrZack

Feb 24, 2020
Speaking as a developer myself... going from unreal 4 to 5 isn't the grave change you're expressing. Sure, in days gone by with things like duke nukem forever? I'd agree... but 4->5 isn't as big a deal because unreal learned from the 3->4 debacle.
Ye I guess you are right, but I still think some things they already made will break and they'll have to waste time fixing it.

D0v4hk1n

Oct 4, 2017
Yeah, Wild Life is super heavy on VRAM. On my 3070 it sits just below the 8Gb limit. I would suggest turning the texture quality down, as that's what uses up most of the VRAM. I remember when I had a 4Gb card, turning the texture quality down could nearly double my FPS.

I have a GTX 1080 (16gb ram, SSD and a good AMD CPU) and the game runs fine on 1440p for me. I get 40 FPS with everything on EPIC. Nvidia really outdid themselves with Pascal GPUs, doubt they'd do this again since it kept me from upgrading. I view Ray Tracing as a gimmick since not a lot of games have RT yet and now it can even be software enabled instead of requiring RT cores.

Wild Life should consider a FIDELITY FX option, this way you can play the game on EPIC with outdated hardware. Also can't wait for them to port it to UE5, hoping for Lumen implementation.

Vodka10K

Jun 26, 2021
Also your ram is on the rather slow side by todays standards. It might be a far shot, but i cant help to think, that whoever compiled ur system wasnt very good at what he (or she) was doing, slow ram, a cpu that is really hard to overclock
That workstation I use was built in 2012 for CAD and initially had an i7-3930K and 4x4 Gb RAM (quad channel). I've upgraded the CPU and RAM three years ago (it cost me about $250 back then, it was much cheaper than building the new PC from scratch), but had little to no interest in gaming, so the GPU remained an entry-level Quadro card with 1 GB VRAM. I did not feel any necessity to upgrade it further.

and the none-super edition of the 2060, that was alrdy a failed design (and ultimately a ripp off by Nvidia) when it came out (hence the creation of the 2060 super).
I have bought it in June 2021 for $600 when I've regained an interest in video games (f***ing qurantine :ROFLMAO:) and I'm considering it a bagrain, because in the place I live only GTX 1660 were available for such price, the higher-grade cards were only rarely-sold RTX 3060, 3070 and 3080 for $1200, $1800 and $2800 respectively - no RTX 2060 Super, no RTX 2070 and so on (I don't count used cards from mining rigs which were no cheap at all - e.g. RTX 2060 Super for $1000 with no warranty at all). So I'm happy I could get this card - new and unpacked. I did not have much choice, after all.

And- as usual more or less - i cant understand all these complaints. Looks great, is very ambitous, more or less unrivaled in what it is aiming for and will be absolutely glorious when finished (i admit there is a little if tied to the finish, but who cares)
So let them do their thing and you go and do yours.

edith says: IF complaining about stuff IS your thing-fair enough. knock urself out
Dude, nobody complains about performance actually - everybody understands that it's only a prototype build which will be probably optimized when the game will be mostly done. It's more of a surprised feeling because this kind of GPU works with most current games at stable 30 or even 60 FPS with middle settings.

Last edited:

nitwit555

Mar 25, 2019
any1 else has sound issues during minigames on sandbox? some scenes one of the characters can only be heard on left/right speaker. particularly annoying on headphones.

I tried moving around in free camera around the characters with no change to sound, like positioning the camera to the right of a character I can still only hear him through right channel.

I've had this bug in these last two august builds.

I thought it might be an incompatibility issue in config from previous july build? I did notice that the game reuses the existing config files and updates them to the new version, and I suppose that's when an issue might've occurred.

also I noticed that older versions of the game are broken after running a new version due to config files getting updated upon running the new build and the old version no longer takes them, keybinds are also affected meaning you can't even hit ESC to bring up menu, you have to reset all keybinds yourself, it's a mess.

tl;dr

you should backup your settings on %LOCALAPPDATA%/WildLifeC before running new versions in case something breaks and you want to go back to the previous build.

VengefulKron

Aug 17, 2018
I have a GTX 1080 (16gb ram, SSD and a good AMD CPU) and the game runs fine on 1440p for me. I get 40 FPS with everything on EPIC. Nvidia really outdid themselves with Pascal GPUs, doubt they'd do this again since it kept me from upgrading. I view Ray Tracing as a gimmick since not a lot of games have RT yet and now it can even be software enabled instead of requiring RT cores.

Wild Life should consider a FIDELITY FX option, this way you can play the game on EPIC with outdated hardware. Also can't wait for them to port it to UE5, hoping for Lumen implementation.
Indeed, the GTX 1080 has 8Gb VRAM, so it'll be fine. I wasn't saying that the RTX 3070 is needed to run this game, just the 8Gb VRAM (Wild Life doesn't have any ray tracing or DLSS anyways.)

I was hoping to get the RTX 3080 instead of the 3070, since the 3080 was the first real leap in rasterization performance in 2 generations, but I had to settle for what I could get with the whole GPU shortage.

• Red Heart
Reactions: D0v4hk1n

LewdOxtopuz

Jul 5, 2018
Anyone knows which animation is this one? I have tried all the Rawn + Maya ones but couldn't find the exact one.

3.80 star(s) 176 Votes