XyrexDread

Apr 10, 2022
Is there a way or trick to make things look like they're underwater? Since the waterplane is literally just a plane. I tried using lights and gas but then there's to refraction under the water plane, and turning it upside down doesn't works either.
sadly no. u cant even simulate it with gas clouds and trust me u dont want to even attempt that. my computer is fairly high end, but when u keep watch of ur GPU frequencies and stuff during gaming u will see every single gas cloud makes a difference. place a bunch on an average computer and u have the easiest way to simulate a stress test at some point, same as with fluids and characters espcially when there's already some stuff built, reflections and water too, despite reflections being fairly easy on the hardware. if u go crazy enough even a high end gaming rig will be at 100%. ive seen mine sit there when i wasnt watching the frequencies once. i noticed the moment my GPU made lotsa noise. being at max boost frequency ~2500 mhz aint fun when it could easily be below 1k with optimisation. especially since that also means unneccessarily high temperatures for the hardware.

lets not mention the fur now...because that makes everything 100% worse especially close up.

so unless we get some specific prop or effect that simulates under water i guess we have to suck it up.

same with waterfalls or other seemingly basic effects/things, but personally i would already be super happy if they improve the current rough shapes models.

the hollow cylinders for example arent really hollow. u cant go in there so if u make it big for example for a tunnel, u cant pass through...its just visually hollow. its such a hassle to manually make a tunnel this way out of cubes so that its actually "functional"...

Lateralus1337

Oct 3, 2019
the hollow cylinders for example arent really hollow. u cant go in there so if u make it big for example for a tunnel, u cant pass through...its just visually hollow. its such a hassle to manually make a tunnel this way out of cubes so that its actually "functional"...
Tunnel.jpg Just disable collision on the cylinder. Of course this will mean that you will clip through the walls.
One trick to avoid the clipping is to place quarted cylinders to the 4 'corners' of the tunnel and leave colision active on them. This is the result. You can also use different objects to block the clipping but cylinders seems to work best. You can also change the alpha on them to make them invisible

locoraptus_69

Jan 26, 2021
Can you give more details what you mean? Maybe a real life picture of the outcome you want.
I did a small test with the options available for the water plane, seems pretty solid to me.
I meant when you look from below the water plane, it becomes transparent and there's no "underwater effect". But other ppl already pointed out to me it isn't possible to do what I want yet, thanks!

XyrexDread

Apr 10, 2022
View attachment 1866258 Just disable collision on the cylinder. Of course this will mean that you will clip through the walls.
One trick to avoid the clipping is to place quarted cylinders to the 4 'corners' of the tunnel and leave colision active on them. This is the result. You can also use different objects to block the clipping but cylinders seems to work best. You can also change the alpha on them to make them invisible
right. forgot that option. guess its obvious i havent really had a desperate need for a tunnel yet.
its still inefficient but i guess thats a solution for now.

Lateralus1337

Oct 3, 2019
I meant when you look from below the water plane, it becomes transparent and there's no "underwater effect". But other ppl already pointed out to me it isn't possible to do what I want yet, thanks!
Or you could place your sandbox under water, on the old WL map. Not ideal, but it's the closest thing we have. Or maybe use reshade if you just want it for the blurry effect. Although I've not tried reshade with WL, so I'm not sure if it's supported.

XyrexDread

Apr 10, 2022
Or you could place your sandbox under water, on the old WL map. Not ideal, but it's the closest thing we have. Or maybe use reshade if you just want it for the blurry effect. Although I've not tried reshade with WL, so I'm not sure if it's supported.
not too experienced with reshades, but do u think its a good idea considering WLs lack of optimisation ?

Lateralus1337

Oct 3, 2019
not too experienced with reshades, but do u think its a good idea considering WLs lack of optimisation ?
True. but I asume you want to use it for a screenshot/scene, so unless you want to make an underwater city or use too many actors, you should be fine. I personally notice a drop in FPS mainly with too many actors present. Objects don't really seem to make too much of performance drop.

Is there a thread or website to post/download character skins? :BootyTime:
You are in it. There is also a discord server link somewhere in this thread, so you could try that as well. But I'm not aware of a dedicated thread for preset sharing.

Reactions: M-shan

XyrexDread

Apr 10, 2022
True. but I asume you want to use it for a screenshot/scene, so unless you want to make an underwater city or use too many actors, you should be fine. I personally notice a drop in FPS mainly with too many actors present. Objects don't really seem to make too much of performance drop.
effects/fur/liquids in a high quantity too. ur right, regular objects are fairly lightweight, even with reflection.

no i dont build for screenshots so thats irrelevant to me.

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
the issue with builds that have many characters is...the more u place and the more fluids are generated the more ur smoking ur computer due to the non-existant optimisation. even high end computer will end up with a diashow instead of a game.

i fear what u have in mind includes many characters since u've already placed a bunch.
for stuff like that to work out we really need more optimisation so that the game doesnt eat FPS for no real reason like it currently does.
They are always reasons a character isn't some easy to instance static object and the best instance system isn't to find yet inside of the Base Unreal Branch for this and it will take some time before you can count on fluid working Unreal Render Context Integration, no one will throw their Dynamic Crowd IP at you at this complexity level.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2021
Is there a way to prevent OpenVR or SteamVR from booting when starting the game?

EDIT: Yeah, its a command line argument:
starting the app WildLifeC.exe with "-nohmd " will do it.

peenor1337

May 1, 2018
  1. Don't ask about links.
  2. Check the OP of this thread. The changelog was specifically asked for right after a mod updated it.
Oh if all the posters on this website heeded this advice... Would certainly cut back on the nonsense or "has already been answered 100x before" posts...

ne0n5555

Sep 3, 2017
Hi! I made a small "comic" while messing around with poses in the sandbox, download for full comic and textless versions available below or the links if you just want to check it out:

(Anonfiles)
(Imagefap)
(Imagefap)

Sample:
View attachment 1857379 View attachment 1857383 View attachment 1857449 View attachment 1857450
how to make Borco so big?

Reactions: VENTONORTE
3.80 star(s) 172 Votes