FeltTheNeed

Nov 22, 2021
Exactly what I was thinking. Some of the sandbox creators don't think about optimization at all, which is ironically what we complain about with many game developers. At least a warning notice would be nice.
Many factors at play such as your own specs, one idea bukva633 said here was "fusing" objects quote below.

I wonder if there can be an option to fuse objects when saving a group, that would create a new object/prop entirely, and the engine would not need to count all individual objects anymore. This would likely break any event related stuff, but for static objects, I wonder if it could help.
Surely would help especially for mega maps such as Galleon by koshmar163 and the upcoming Colosseum by Markus55.
However VengefulKron responded to that by saying quote below.

I don't think combining things into one huge mesh would really solve much. The main issue is that sandbox objects have no occlusion culling. That's the reason why maps with a ton of poses/sex scenes are super laggy no matter where you're looking. Normally, those scenes should be 'culled' if the camera can't see them, that way they're not using precious GPU/CPU processing time, but they're not being culled.
This would be solved for props once the game is upgraded to UE5, since Nanite automatically culls out objects that can't be seen. (But it wouldn't solve the issue with poses/sex scenes, since Nanite doesn't work on characters.)
Making characters invisible does help but is not enough as GEr01 even with his 3080 described his thoughts below (who did make good effort in using Trigger Zones to toggle visibility on/off for objects/actors featured in his cool Sex Party House map).
Which I posted screenshots here showing my own FPS performance difference with/without the trigger zones he set up.

I wonder if next patch has ''fix'' on invisible characters just sucking insane levels system performance. In editor even if you hide all your characters the game somehow still reserves so much data for them.

For example 50 + 50 (poses + sex scenes) in an empty map easily makes Wild Life consume almost 13 GB of ram (total system ram consumption goes well past 16gb) and crashing FPS from stable 144 (capped) into 70. Even if all these models are hidden. Of course when showcasing them it actually destroys FPS making it drop into 6-8 fps range (on 3080), I'm fine with that, it's stupid amount of characters in the first place. That I get but when all those animations are invisible I would hope we would get a bit better ram/GPU management in the future when game gets developed further. It would really allow us to push for huge user scenarios and creative multi person big mod projects.

I'm creating continuation on my map I showcased a bit earlier this summer and making 7-8 areas is fine enough (basically no FPS drops), especially if I hide a lot of objects, but if adding tens of NPCs FPS sadly just drops to like 40 FPS range. While I finish the map I'll just keep eye how the game gets developed and probably remove about 30% of more decorative NPCs to make this stuff perform better. It's still a bit sad since game runs so well without character bloat. Even thousands of objects on the screen and absolutely no drops on FPS and very light amount of RAM consumption. But animation objects consume so much.
Make of this info what you will, Wild Life is moving to Unreal Engine 5 at the end of this year we'll see what happens.
As for warnings I've tried to help by adding text warnings in the list for maps after some people reported their games crashing.
Are there other maps in the list that you think require a text warning if so which in your opinion?

Last edited:

GEr01

Jan 29, 2022
Exactly what I was thinking. Some of the sandbox creators don't think about optimization at all, which is ironically what we complain about with many game developers. At least a warning notice would be nice.
What I have found is the normal building blocks doesn't consume your PC much at all. Issue is when you use a ton of characters or/and lights. I've map where I have over 4k objects. If I delete all the characters in the map I get stable 144 fps with occasional drop to 120 fps if I turn fast. I doubt his project runs badly at all especially with limited amounts of characters.

HueofColor

Apr 16, 2020
"Long requested sandbox features." I seriously can't think of anything more requested than KralxMaya scenes. This time not a single one. (Instead more lijah. Yay...)

FeltTheNeed

Nov 22, 2021
What I have found is the normal building blocks doesn't consume your PC much at all. Issue is when you use a ton of characters or/and lights. I've map where I have over 4k objects. If I delete all the characters in the map I get stable 144 fps with occasional drop to 120 fps if I turn fast. I doubt his project runs badly at all especially with limited amounts of characters.
Performed a non-scientific 75000+ object stress test against an empty showroom with 100 Maya x Max actor animation objects.

ihatefleas

Dec 18, 2018
"Long requested sandbox features." I seriously can't think of anything more requested than KralxMaya scenes. This time not a single one. (Instead more lijah. Yay...)
Yeah, even though they have new Rawn models (The hyena dude I presume) there's only a single animation new for him with Maya. Shit sucks, it's been months without any new content in the Kral x Maya regard. The priorities seem a bit whack, why not expand on animations for models that are lacking them? Minotaur has a lot of group scenes, Kral only has 1(!) with Maya and Rawn has zilch. I don't get it.

LjQujd

Jul 18, 2020
The priorities seem a bit whack. Minotaur has a lot of group scenes, Kral only has 1(!) with Maya and Rawn has zilch. I don't get it.
It's quite simple actually, new content is heavily influenced by patrons who donate. More money you donate, more influence you have towards future updates. It's a fair system imo. Interesting to see that people actually paid a lot to see more futa and iljah, wonder where that comes from.

ihatefleas

Dec 18, 2018
It's quite simple actually, new content is heavily influenced by patrons who donate. More money you donate, more influence you have towards future updates. It's a fair system imo. Interesting to see that people actually paid a lot to see more futa and iljah, wonder where that comes from.
I think Ilijah is one of Adeptus Steve's pet projects, he admitted that much. Also, yeah, Patreons should obviously influence to some extent what gets added next but the devs should also not neglect the other parts. I'm biased here, of course, but still. You can't deny the fact that Kral especially has had a massive content drought that's lasted for several updates now. I think it's been almost a year at this point.

exter

May 29, 2017
I've never seen a poll post on their patreon about what kind of stuff they should do/animate next though? I think they just do what ever they are in the mood for and what reasons they have, for focusing or neglecting on something, is something they decide.
However, i dont know if it is different in their discord and if they do polls there, or if some people spend a lot of money on it and then ask for stuff in private messages.

3.80 star(s) 176 Votes