Mar 18, 2018
NEW Q&A ANSWERS ABOUT STORY MODE FROM SVENNI ON THE DISCORD SERVER. ALL INFORMATION IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE.

- Personality/Behaviour: Not gonna give an essay here on every character in the cast or we'll be here all day - so only the two main ones. Well the general vibe of Max and Maya will of course be a "curious rookie" vs "experienced warrior" contrast.

Max grew up in the slums of a metropolitan world and has left his home city for the first time with this expedition, a welcome opportunity for him to leave that hellhole and go on the trip of a lifetime. So everything on Kerpal is new and exciting for him. He'll be a scout for Wildfire PMC, the lowest rank, and hopes to prove himself and work his way up, maybe even join the Galactic Rangers one day. Making a discovery on Kerpal that could prove his worth to them would be his dream.

Maya was adopted by the Warrior Clan after being banished by the scholarly Sky Village for her Kerpali transformation. This gives her a unique combination of smarts and strength, but also leaves her a bit of an outsider always. She wants nothing more but to find out why she is so different from both Kerpali and humans. And if she can prove to the Sky villagers that they were wrong when they fearfully banished her, even better. Not that she'd go back now, even if they accepted her, I would imagine she is probably too proud for that. She is initially suspicious of the new arrivals, but perhaps they can help her after all?

personally, I see them kinda like an excited puppy and a suspicious cat becoming friends - but please, that's just me haha

- Main Cast: As far as Main Quest is concerned this would probably be Max, Maya, the Science Officer of Alpha Camp, the leaders of the villages and Yterra and the Main Villain of course, which I will keep vague now for spoiler reasons.

But of course this doesn't mean that other popular characters like Shey, Locu, Rawn etc. will not be featured prominently, just not necessarily in the Main Quest, but instead in those Side Quests and romances that fit them best. (Think Skyrim, the Main Quest is just one of many quest lines)

- Main Villain: Yes.

- Saving the World: I'm gonna go with "No" here, because it's not the Main Villain's goal to destroy or conquer the world of Kerpal. But he is still a baddie and our heroes are heroes. There will also be no epic space battles, time travel, interdimensional portals or stuff like that either, you could say it is more "grounded" than that.

Last but not least, keep in mind that the story, while fleshed out quite far by now, is still a wip and not considered to be set in stone until release. So don't crucify me if some detail changes later, from what I told you here

Fuchsschweif

Sep 24, 2019
Man, the details on the bodies / muscles are fucking amazing, they did such a great job.. the only other game I've seen with such details is Cyberpunk 2077. Look at this:
HighresScreenshot_2022.12.15-19.58.22.png

HighresScreenshot_2022.12.15-19.59.00.png HighresScreenshot_2022.12.15-19.59.09.png HighresScreenshot_2022.12.15-19.59.25.png

That's pure beauty! Of course it needs the right lighting to make them come out like this, but boy..

I just realized we need nipple sliders for the boobs, desperately! I'd love to give some characters bigger nipples.
Maybe you can take this into consideration AdeptusSteve :)

Exactly why I don't mind you sharing it lmao
Here's the dropship with the lights:

Last edited:

Viixby

Dec 19, 2019
Perhaps but the point he made and that I backed is that they shouldn't have ever bothered doing the whole sandbox thing, we know they are doing story, but they may have gone further if they always focused on just that and didn't bother adding sandbox (which must have taken some work to implement even if it's pretty bare bones).
Sure, if that's what you like, but the argument to be made is that most of the player base of this game according to discord and also this thread. Is that they prefer the sandbox, you're in the minority here. Thus, them making sandbox was not a bad choice.

Fuchsschweif

Sep 24, 2019
Steve has said should there be no major complications the update will release on December 16th and it really looks like that there will be an update tomorrow.
You're saying we can get the brand new UE5 Wild Life build today? Holy shit, that would be a gift.
I hope the patreon build will be avaiable here then right away too :p

And the new Shey based character is very, very hot. Hotter than Maya in my opinion.
Shey is the hottest girl in the whole game already for me, can't wait to see the new one.

Apr 10, 2022
Do anyone knows, if one can get the 3D models from this game?
Like to use them in Blender, or something, I would like to assemble a scene outside the game with this game's characters just for shits and giggles.

I can't get Max to interact in a nice sexy way with Djablo. There aren't animations available. :(

Reactions: Xol

RubyZeronyka

Jul 26, 2020
I mean even if they had to delay it another week I wouldnt bother much. Hell, this is gonna be the legit first game Ill try with UE5 so having to wait a little bit more wont be a problem. Hope my gamy laptop doesnt blow attempting it tho lol

It can "handle" WL so far, like many other triple A games, but since UE5 is a super recent engine, I wonder how good it would perform on my device....

Reactions: Xol

Fuchsschweif

Sep 24, 2019
mean even if they had to delay it another week I wouldnt bother much.
The game is not even in Alpha yet, it's just Patreon builds to enjoy it while in development.. so just give it to us today, we can still get the updated better version next week :D

So we can at least look at all the new animations, graphics and stuff.. it doesn't need to work all properly yet.

baho6

May 6, 2021
The game is not even in Alpha yet, it's just Patreon builds to enjoy it while in development.. so just give it to us today, we can still get the updated better version next week :D

So we can at least look at all the new animations, graphics and stuff.. it doesn't need to work all properly yet.
Yes, and it will be easier to fix any shortcomings, having a large number of "testers" :D

Reactions: Fuchsschweif
Feb 22, 2020
I really don't understand the people on this thread. This game receives an update every two months and the updates always release on a friday. Steve has said should there be no major complications the update will release on December 16th and it really looks like that there will be an update tomorrow.

An important thing to note about this update is that due to the transition to UE5 Steve has said that this update will be a bit unstable and that he advised people should keep their October builds just in case and they want people to report bugs to them.

Another thing is due to the fur physics plugin not being updated to UE5 (the plugin isn't made by them but by someone else) there will be no fur physics in this update. From what I have seen however, body physics and lighting look much much better. I expect the February 2023 build will be much more stable.

Expect 80-90 animations this update. And the new Shey based character is very, very hot. Hotter than Maya in my opinion. A lot of Iljah x Maya animations have been ported to Shey. A lot of hairstyles have been redone and look pretty good. You can interact with editor placed characters in the sandbox, UI has been reworked. Overall quite a big update but again due to the nature of the UE5 transition performance will be a bit worse and there will be bugs and again do report them if you find any, keep your October build just in case and if you want a version that is much more polished wait for the version that'll be released not tomorrow but next friday. And if you want a really polished version wait for the February build.

And even though I know the thread will be spammed by pointless "update when" posts, the update after the December update will most likely be out on either February 24th or March 3rd 2023 unless a delay occurs which happened only once this year.
fingers crossed for the update today, but 80-90 animations sounds too good to be true tbh. still interested in seeing the UE5 transition progress.

Also since you are a fellow man of culture and appreciator of Shey, let me recommend the comic "I roved out in search of truth and love". Check it out. To me the protagonist looks a LOT like Shey. Tbh Shey is probably my favorite because of the comic, it's top tier.

3.80 star(s) 176 Votes