acarobasito

Sep 10, 2020
Do you use SteamVR ? Since the UE5 builds, SteamVR doesn't start anymore when I launch the game. If I launch it beforehand and use the VR shortcut, it switch to the headset (valvle index for me) but it's broken. Only one eye is kinda working.

The previous builds still works.

Any ideas ?
SteamVr is not in use anymore with the UE5 build.

Reactions: he_found_you

GerP1

Nov 4, 2022
I messed around with AI art and made few AI generated pictures of old characters I made in the WL
HighresScreenshot_2022.08.04-12.52.11.jpg

after tweaking in game model's skin color a bit it became pretty nice dialogue box for an example map:
example.jpg

Pretty nice way to make maps a bit more immersive I reckon. Added example map if someone wants to check out badly made (but simple to understand) dialogue system. One can also do multi branching dialogue with this one quite easily but idk how performance hogging it would be to have like 100 buttons on the map in comparison to some more complicated event system. Still this seemed much easier to create than event system which makes my head to spin.

MajiNz

Jun 5, 2021
EKL How do I get characters to follow me? I don't know if there's something in the way, but when I take them out of pose mode and tell them to follow, they don't come and get stuck on something.

great map bro!

Busty May

Nov 11, 2018
Any way to make the game works? now its on a black screen forever.It was working on previous built.(A solution that means not speding money on a new PC of course)

Last edited:

InDarkLove

Dec 10, 2022
So
is it possible to import 3D Blender models like say lara croft, Elizabeth etc or other characters to this game?
you can import models in sandbox mode, however they will be static, they cannot move or make animations on them,
so it is used mostly for importing new objects into the game, like for example a structure, some small item, a ramp, a cottage, a house, a tool, a stationed vehicle, weapons, walls, stairs, gates, statues, show stage, beach bar, discotheque, party gathering, ruins, castles, new 3D landed dropships, a random frozen imported character like in the image below, etc...

1d.png

Select the 'import user mesh' , open folder, select .obj & .fbl file you want to import into the game.
Don't forget to asset all texture to the object you are bringing before finishing.

1669569703935.png

EKL

Apr 17, 2021
EKL How do I get characters to follow me? I don't know if there's something in the way, but when I take them out of pose mode and tell them to follow, they don't come and get stuck on something.

great map bro!
Thanks! Well, I created that map in a different build before when the npcs were just static objects... I only tried once the UE5 version in which you can select them and control them as I noticed, so.. Yes sorry I can't help in that really :/

3.80 star(s) 176 Votes