AraKnus

Sep 30, 2021
Thanks, I just did that and noticed afterwards that the tag is already gone :D
Dear Mister Steve,

we love the in-game character called Salivarius very much,
he is very charming and we are looking forward to see his magestic presence in future pairing animations for 2023/2024

the following link below , we will make as an inspired special kind of tribute and homage to our beloved Salivarius ,
in this old but classic masterpiece of 'grotesque monster with girls love story' saga:

https://f95zone.to/threads/3d-monster-stories-droid447.5328/

wildlife_gallery_6.jpg

Reactions: Syko.169

SerpentWave

Aug 1, 2017
Just a quick question: Could someone tell me if the VR runtime has changed with this latest version per chance? (I remember it having Steam dependencies previously vs. OpenXR)

Reason I ask as I havent been able to launch SBS ~ VR mode with this newest version. The Alt + 0 input, simply re-centers the camera when in a custom showroom / sandbox.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
* Am using Virtual Desktop / Meta Quest 2

chucknoobish

Jun 15, 2018
Hi there folks, long time lurker, first time poster.

Introducing my first iteration of a Wild Life character preset hosting platform.

Feel free to have a look at :
  • Upload your own presets
  • Like and share each other's presets
In the future, I'll implement filtering between different character models and ordering presets based on their likes, etc.

Let me know if this isn't relevant to the main post and I can take it down and just create a new post altogether.

Thanks and stay blessed. :cool:

Deleted member 1017199

Nov 17, 2018
Anyone?

And before anybody asks,
yes, I installed the UE prerequisites.
You can try reinstalling the prerequisites and try running the game again. The error code is already saying what the issue is, either the plugin is not installed hence could not be found or it was not installed properly.

I remember having a similar problem a while ago and I think I just reinstalled what ever it was I needed to install, I can't remember exactly though sorry.

Googling your error code gave out different solutions, some say its an installation issue or a bug from the engine itself.

he_found_you

Jun 11, 2017
Just a quick question: Could someone tell me if the VR runtime has changed with this latest version per chance? (I remember it having Steam dependencies previously vs. OpenXR)

Reason I ask as I havent been able to launch SBS ~ VR mode with this newest version. The Alt + 0 input, simply re-centers the camera when in a custom showroom / sandbox.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
* Am using Virtual Desktop / Meta Quest 2
no the runtime should still be the same. However Ue5 handles VR better and for me does not go to black screen when loading (I had to use -nohmd in UE4 version to disable VR when playin in 2d)

The new version works directly no need of Virtual Desktop. Directly Oculus software and Quest 2 initiates VR on Alt+0 (I remapped it to Enter for ehhm... easy access :) ) Remember, no menus in VR, every time you want to do something requiring a menu you exit and re-enter VR. A bit annoying. Also annoying is that I can't see my keyboard in VR but over time I learned to stay on the WSDA, I wish the Oculus controllers could be mapped for input, now that Oculus is 400 bucks, UE5 is EVERYWHERE, you'd think the integration would be flawless, but no.

Reactions: SerpentWave

SerpentWave

Aug 1, 2017
no the runtime should still be the same. However Ue5 handles VR better and for me does not go to black screen when loading (I had to use -nohmd in UE4 version to disable VR when playin in 2d)

The new version works directly no need of Virtual Desktop. Directly Oculus software and Quest 2 initiates VR on Alt+0 (I remapped it to Enter for ehhm... easy access :) ) Remember, no menus in VR, every time you want to do something requiring a menu you exit and re-enter VR. A bit annoying. Also annoying is that I can't see my keyboard in VR but over time I learned to stay on the WSDA, I wish the Oculus controllers could be mapped for input, now that Oculus is 400 bucks, UE5 is EVERYWHERE, you'd think the integration would be flawless, but no.
Thank you very much for the reply!
I think what I am asking is: “Why isnt WildLife initiating VR mode via the input command (alt+0 by default)? I have never had any issue before, however with the new UI.. I feel something is blocking it or maybe has to be enabled / check boxed, etc in edit mode for a custom showroom~sandbox? I have tried via SteamVR and OpenXR runtimes, as well.. not quite sure why it wont work

Reactions: he_found_you

Duke_Nukem

Mar 8, 2018
You can try reinstalling the prerequisites and try running the game again. The error code is already saying what the issue is, either the plugin is not installed hence could not be found or it was not installed properly.

I remember having a similar problem a while ago and I think I just reinstalled what ever it was I needed to install, I can't remember exactly though sorry.

Googling your error code gave out different solutions, some say its an installation issue or a bug from the engine itself.
Reinstalling the prerequisites didn't help at all,
and I know for a fact that UE5 works,
I downloaded the engine itself on Epic and it launched just fine.

I'm guessing I found most of the same solutions you did,
that most of the answers where directed at the creators of apps and games,
not users, which might indicate that the creator forgot something when crossing over from UE4 to UE5,
it's a new engine, so things are bound to happen in the beginning that you can't possibly predict.

I'm downloading the UE4 version to test if that works.

Edit: UE4 version works just fine.

Edit 2: Finally got it working,
seems files left over from the UE4 version messed with the UE5 version.

Let this be a lesson, DO NOT overwrite the previous version with the new one,
be sure to delete the old one / extract it in a new folder,
maybe this should be added to the original post as a warning?

Last edited:

Zeromorals

Mar 3, 2023
hello can any expert sandbox creator (like someone good w the automation props) tell me if there is a way to viably destroy/remove the original character you possessed when you possess a new one. So an example would be like... if u press this button u can possess Grok (button sends dispatcher and Grok gets command thru receiver), but now that u possess grok, ur original char (maya) is still there. So my question is can u make it so that upon possession, Maya gets removed/visibly hidden or destroyed? Thx

Deleted member 1017199

Nov 17, 2018
Reinstalling the prerequisites didn't help at all,
and I know for a fact that UE5 works,
I downloaded the engine itself on Epic and it launched just fine.

I'm guessing I found most of the same solutions you did,
that most of the answers where directed at the creators of apps and games,
not users, which might indicate that the creator forgot something when crossing over from UE4 to UE5,
it's a new engine, so things are bound to happen in the beginning that you can't possibly predict.

I'm downloading the UE4 version to test if that works.

Edit: UE4 version works just fine.

Edit 2: Finally got it working,
seems files left over from the UE4 version messed with the UE5 version.

Let this be a lesson, DO NOT overwrite the previous version with the new one,
be sure to delete the old one / extract it in a new folder,
maybe this should be added to the original post as a warning?
Did you mean leftover files from this game's UE4 version? I've always deleted old versions when I get new ones from here. I've yet to see a adult game dev implement patch style updates.

Duke_Nukem

Mar 8, 2018
Did you mean leftover files from this game's UE4 version? I've always deleted old versions when I get new ones from here. I've yet to see a adult game dev implement patch style updates.
Yeah.

I usually just copy over old files as some devs do indeed have "patch style" updates where old saves are compatible with newer versions,
just didn't expect UE5 to try to read UE4 files. :p

Ifrit158

Nov 1, 2018
sorry all is the pose variation tickbox not working? iv tried a few dif things but it seems i cant select any boxs in the ui even from main menu, any help or directions to help would be grand :)
Don’t worry, work around isn’t just change resolution of screen and it’s works again

Deleted member 1017199

Nov 17, 2018
Yeah.

I usually just copy over old files as some devs do indeed have "patch style" updates where old saves are compatible with newer versions,
just didn't expect UE5 to try to read UE4 files. :p
No I meant patch style like you can download only the updated files without having to download the whole game again. I mean I already downloaded the newer version with everything else so might as well get rid of the old redundant files.

Duke_Nukem

Mar 8, 2018
No I meant patch style like you can download only the updated files without having to download the whole game again. I mean I already downloaded the newer version with everything else so might as well get rid of the old redundant files.
Ah, I see what you mean now.

I have encountered that style of update before,
the game even had a built in update system that downloaded the updates,
but that game is long gone since you had to connect to a server to play,
even though it was a single player game.

balabol1818

Jul 11, 2022
Hi there folks, long time lurker, first time poster.

Introducing my first iteration of a Wild Life character preset hosting platform.

Feel free to have a look at :
  • Upload your own presets
  • Like and share each other's presets
In the future, I'll implement filtering between different character models and ordering presets based on their likes, etc.

Let me know if this isn't relevant to the main post and I can take it down and just create a new post altogether.

Thanks and stay blessed. :cool:
This would be much more relevant if it was designed for custom scenes.

LjQujd

Jul 18, 2020
Hello, your stuffs look really interesting but do you have a tuto to explain how to install your sandbox maps onto the game?
Thanks.
You simply need to put the zip files in this folder..

C:\Users\<???>\AppData\Local\WildLifeC\Saved\SandboxSaveGames\AutoImport

This part <???> will be different for you, should be the name of your PC.

how did you make the mirrors work? Ive tried max out reflection setting and yet it only reflects like 3 feet.
You need to change the parameters of Metalic to max and Roughness to zero.

First off, great work! Secondly, I might be missing it in your MEGA folders but can I download the map used in Inferno.mp4 anywhere? I'd love to use it myself if possible?
I mentioned that in the post actually, let me just paste it here again - Unfortunately, I've lost the files for the Inferno map and I'm not sure if I want to start from scratch on that one.

3.80 star(s) 176 Votes