kite359

May 19, 2017
Since you don't seem to know even basic game rendering, let's talk a little bit.
It's kind of surprising that there are people in the world these days who worry about performance because of shadows.
A shadow map shadow is enough to be cast over a very short distance.
For other parts, the method of recent games is to supplement with contact shadow or virtual shadow.
This method is a method that only changes frustum tracing to ray tracing in the method used in Nvidia's HFTS. Even if it is ray tracing, it is ray marching, so there is no problem with performance even if it is not RTX.

In Unreal default settings, the contact shadow distance is short, but you just need to increase it.

tathanhdat08

Jan 15, 2018
i read the comments about the performance issue the new update have should i stick with the old version or download it anyway ? and are there any chance that you can update the game with patch instead of redownloading the game again thanks

Nidhoger

Jun 24, 2018
Kinda starting to think this "game" (which really is just place figures to do sex positions showcase/proof of concept) is not gonna go anywhere beyond that at this point. For being more then 6 years in development it has nothing that even resembles a game. Hell, there are already better-looking PLAYABLE GAMES with way more actual content that you can try, Carnal Instinct being a perfect example.

ymrorrr

Jan 10, 2020
Kinda starting to think this "game" (which really is just place figures to do sex positions showcase/proof of concept) is not gonna go anywhere beyond that at this point. For being more then 6 years in development it has nothing that even resembles a game. Hell, there are already better-looking PLAYABLE GAMES with way more actual content that you can try, Carnal Instinct being a perfect example.
A truly unprecedented insight

Reactions: he_found_you

TChenzhuo

Apr 22, 2023
does anyone know if the 'story mode' works so far? some mentioned you can't even complete the side bet quest so far, is this still true? thanks in advance!

Acornus

Dec 5, 2017
Interesting, are you speaking in general terms now or are these points something explicitely related to the current Wild Life release? Would be really cool if you could share an .ini file that adjusts the things you mentioned here to how you think would be more optimal :)
In general, not at Wild Life explicitly, since a developer making their game is generally the person/people who know what they did behind the scenes and have access to the UE Documentation on the version of the engine they are using.
They are also the person who understand what their vision of the game for the future, and what community hardware they want.

The .ini files are under the Users\AppData\Local locations most of the time, and they can even take on extra lines of settings (anything from AO type or PP types, etc). Only issue you need to restart the game for any changes to take effect to test them.

I haven't tried Wild Life since the first UE5 test I think, but I remember recently the shock I got when trying out a couple of small indie games make in UE5, including this: https://f95zone.to/threads/dark-siren-final-etirue.156023/

A game about walking down a corridor with nothing to see. All of them, even on Low settings had the same exact performance, they barely ran at sub 30 FPS, almost the same performance of earlier Wild Life (Siren's problem was it's scaling was set wrong and you couldn't fix it).

If developers ran something like UE Tools (I think Profile Inspector?), they would notice a lot of issue that need fixing. One is if 90% of the screen is culled by a giant rock, and nothing changes.
Even the worst PC out there would "struggle back" a couple of frames (like 30 to 32), but it's not happening for many UE5 games due to certain things (lack of simple fall back materials or shading options for NPC's that are far away or culled out of view, even proper culling on dynamically masked objects, etc).
I mean no one needs SSS to be enabled on an NPC that is 2 meters away from the player since no one will notice it, let alone on grass (if that was enabled as well).

I don't know how much of this could be what problem, but again, to make this clear, I played Lego looking games on UE5 that had the same performance as earlier Wild Life, and maybe 1 or 2 good looking ones that worked perfectly (just had to reduce shadows) if this is a constant it's clear something else is wrong the game in the background.

I haven't tried current Wild Life, because there is not point in my trying.

JRGrass1414

Nov 27, 2020
Not sure if I missed this in Changelog, but Sex Scenes, initialaized from free roam, are now not unpossessible and don't have destroy and dismount options. You can only initialize and Stop. Now Editor is slightly different: Sex Scenes spawned there are possessible, but you can't destroy them or dismount.
I kind of like this approach. At least we don't have character clones spawning anymore.
The best thing about it though is that you can keep your char "dirty" which is what I was missing in the last few updates.

Last edited:

d8games

Jan 3, 2020
heavy maps consuming horrors of hardware the developer insists on using dx12 and does not optimize the project or he does not know how to optimize the engine unreal engine 5 can use dx11 I managed to optimize the engine to be lighter and use dx11 maybe I will make a video tutorial showing how optimize runreal engine5 and send it to the developer or the developer use dx12 and a heavy and poorly optimized unreal engine 5 on purpose kk he must have the nasa pc kk

• Angry
Reactions: he_found_you

Nakharar

Jul 1, 2018
Can somebody tell me, please, why is the ue5 version look so much wors on my laptop? all graphics look like they're strait from minecraft, low poly, no visible grass, low fps..i'm using a gforce gtx 1650 gpu, i have 16 g ram. I set my ingame settings to low, except for textures, effects and foliage, still, the foliage looks shitty...am i not optimizing sthing, or is my gpu too old for ue5??

Viixby

Dec 19, 2019
Can somebody tell me, please, why is the ue5 version look so much wors on my laptop? all graphics look like they're strait from minecraft, low poly, no visible grass, low fps..i'm using a gforce gtx 1650 gpu, i have 16 g ram. I set my ingame settings to low, except for textures, effects and foliage, still, the foliage looks shitty...am i not optimizing sthing, or is my gpu too old for ue5??
Your GPU is like bare minimum for running UE5 I'm pretty sure, so no doubt it will probably have some issues with many UE5 games.

Sodyaler

Sep 23, 2017
Your GPU is like bare minimum for running UE5 I'm pretty sure, so no doubt it will probably have some issues with many UE5 games.
Even with my 3080ti that has 12gb of VRAM, the game looks like absolute garbage. Each update they've posted since converting to UE5 has gotten worse tbh. I'm sure it'll get better over time since switching to basically a new engine is a daunting task. I just think they're putting their priorities in the wrong place at the moment.

They should be focused on bringing the game up to at least the standard they had before the engine switch. Unless they're a big dev studio with teams of people that can work on different sections of the process (modelling, coding, map making, animations, blah blah).

It just seems like they're spreading themselves too thin trying to add content instead of fixing the current state of the game after engine switch. Personally I would much rather have the current content look half decent than new content being added that looks like it's from 2009.

Reactions: 12345stat

Fullart

Nov 21, 2021
Not sure if I missed this in Changelog, but Sex Scenes, initialaized from free roam, are now not unpossessible and don't have destroy and dismount options. You can only initialize and Stop. Now Editor is slightly different: Sex Scenes spawned there are possessible, but you can't destroy them or dismount.
I kind of like this approach. At least we don't have character clones spawning anymore.
The best thing about it though is that you can keep your char "dirty" which is what I was missing in the last few updates.
I miss a bit the dismount option, it was pretty fun to have the option to pick every girl of a map create by the community and fuck who you want

Reactions: Doktorrus
3.80 star(s) 176 Votes