he_found_you

Jun 11, 2017
But even then, should it be this bad? The characters look acceptable, but the foliage looks af View attachment 2566674
Interesting effect. When first loading a sandbox save file, the environment looks blurry. After activating the editor mode I'll move the mouse pointer to a blurry area and click - surprise, the lost detail reappears. Just have to do some more point & click work until every blurry area is gone. Takes a minute.
Both of you do not have enough video RAM.

Mods - can we put a hard requirement in the original post that 8GB vRAM are minimum and bellow that textures will be blurry.

It is stupid to read page after page of complaints about basic hardware limitation, not matching the requirements for UE5 engine (8GB vRAM being minimum, so all nGridia 4GBs wont work well).
This is not the game's problem, but where the entire gaming world is headed, I don't like it, people without the hardware may not like it, but this is life - memory requirements double every 5 years. In old games when you had less video memory you got ugly error. Now you get the game, but its blurry so you go to complain to the dev... No happy middle.

Reactions: NeonThirst and Gweg

bishinsenso

Dec 13, 2018
In your case I think it's not even worth the effort to try and solve this issue since 2GB ov VRAM is way too low for Wild Life. But if you want to try..

Everyone having issues like these should head over to my discord server and check out the Library section with the archives channel, I have put some solutions there for common problems like these that might work for you. I can't and I won't be posting it every single time here since, as you can imagine, that would be a bit too much work to do on every single occasion a technical issue post appears. Invite is at my signature banner at all times.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Except Wild Life ran for me with Unreal Engine 4 version and comfortably so if its in Sandbox.
Along some games made in Unreal Engine 5 hence it is something to do with update to newer engine.
Or changes that developers of those games have made.

mulambo

Nov 1, 2019
So far performance feels better than previous version. On my 1066 my own map in heavy crowded place had like 9 fps before, now at least 20. But there is still that weird bug with textures not loading properly, everything is blurry, but if I change them in settings they pops up immediately.

PButts

Feb 5, 2020
The people complaining of textures issues use 4GB vRAM video cards and wonder that the latest tech is not "optimised" - no your hardware cannot handle the textures size. 8GB video cards are pretty much required for UE5 titles, and this in particular. 16GB vRAM is better to have no streaming from the disk. Too bad nGridia took everyone for a flight with their latest generations all sucking at 4GB...
I would suggest people complaining reduce settings first, and accept that they lack the power to run it at higher settings, at least before I blame the game streaming assets. However, there are some streaming issues I've noticed personally on high end stuff. Some of us are content with lowering things to the bare minimum if necessary just to run it but I know most arent. Personally, I've never been one to get high end hardware mainly due to being (broke and) comfortable tweaking settings even if it's not the best experience. Im certain if I tried I could get this old 750ti to run it as-is, and that's a 2GB card. Would it be a good experience? No absolutely not but it would run and sometimes thats all I need.

If a 4GB HBM2 card was on the market this would actually be a fairly good solution given what kind of uplift we can get from DDR5 speeds and capacity. Just throwing this in here because of the option to offload some of the data to system ram is pretty nice even if there's some loss in performance along the way. Realistically no card needs to exist since you can pick up a Vega 64 or VII and get 8/16GB fairly cheap, but still there's some interesting ways you could approach this problem without defaulting to "add more VRAM". I might be looking too deep into this but I also work in game dev so it's always on the mind.

Anyway, for now I'm going to put this 7900 XTX to work. Have a screenshot of native 8k (yes, no upscaling is being done) because for the first time I'm able to run damn near anything I want. Was getting ~20fps in this basic shot, all settings maxxed. I do not recommend doing this.

AraKnus

Sep 30, 2021
If a 4GB HBM2 card was on the market this would actually be a fairly good solution given what kind of uplift we can get from DDR5 speeds and capacity. Just throwing this in here because of the option to offload some of the data to system ram is pretty nice even if there's some loss in performance along the way. Realistically no card needs to exist since you can pick up a Vega 64 or VII and get 8/16GB fairly cheap, but still there's some interesting ways you could approach this problem without defaulting to "add more VRAM". I might be looking too deep into this but I also work in game dev so it's always on the mind.

Anyway, for now I'm going to put this 7900 XTX to work. Have a screenshot of native 8k (yes, no upscaling is being done) because for the first time I'm able to run damn near anything I want. Was getting ~20fps in this basic shot, all settings maxxed. I do not recommend doing this.

Currently, ourdream is to optimize the entire hardware build to be able to run this game at 8K monitor resolution,
testing it now, using Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900F CPU @ 2.80GHz , RAM memory 32,0 GB 2.81 GHz (y)

PButts

Feb 5, 2020
Currently, ourdream is to optimize the entire hardware build to be able to run this game at 8K monitor resolution,
testing it now, using Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900F CPU @ 2.80GHz , RAM memory 32,0 GB 2.81 GHz (y)
My specs are a bit higher than that currently but I can at least say there is a chance to hit that goal.

exter

May 29, 2017
In this latest update when you're in POV mode, scrolling the mousewheel no longer moves the camera forward or backwards in a straight line, but instead moves it diagonally which is very annoying. I just wanna hide the damn head/nose lol.
Yeah, it would be nice if the POV camera would hide the head since it never is aligned properly and if you move it you either get weird angles or you see the floating backside of the eyes or mouth.
Something like the Embody plugin in Virt-a-mate. I dont know how it is done there (and its also a different engine) but if you go into POV with that plugin then you dont see the head from where your camera is, but you can still see the head in reflections and such.
Would be nice if something like that could be done in Wild Life

Mar 18, 2018
Does anyone here have critiques about the first batch of quests released? Please be constructive so the developer can take into account anything regarding quest presentation, dialogue, character personalities, etc.

Apice

Nov 23, 2019
Fucking rip. Hopefully we'll get at least some with the next update which happens a week or two after the first one, I think?
Dunno but one thing is for sure. The bigger the game becomes the more they'll have to dumb down the quasi-bestiality the game's got. More focus on the "story" and human characters. It's a sad truth

Abram Valeri

Feb 6, 2023
Yeah, it would be nice if the POV camera would hide the head since it never is aligned properly and if you move it you either get weird angles or you see the floating backside of the eyes or mouth.
Something like the Embody plugin in Virt-a-mate. I dont know how it is done there (and its also a different engine) but if you go into POV with that plugin then you dont see the head from where your camera is, but you can still see the head in reflections and such.
Would be nice if something like that could be done in Wild Life
VR POV has been fucked up since the game launched, with no improvements made at all so far. It seems like a real obvious improvement too.

Reactions: exter

zigxig

Feb 28, 2019
Haven't played for some months. Did the map get way less, ya know, good recently? Just tried it and it kind of looks awful and is overall running much worse than before. What happened?

Reactions: PangurBanTheCat

Richarddick

Jul 23, 2017
Nice interactive gallery. Here is a quick review for newcomers:

:) Nice animations
:)Nice set of paraphilias covered: semi-zoo content, tentacles, dirty sex (smegma, fat men), gangbangs, horse dicks, dog dicks, cock worship, rimming.
:)Nice (not perfect) fluid physics.
:)Studio included (for making scenery, movies, etc)
:)Not anime

:confused:VERY limited models. (destroys reuse value)
:confused:VERY limited character customization. (destroys reuse value)
:confused:No actions editor, only the ones made by devs.

:(Anthropomorphic animals, not bestiality.
:(No mods.
:(Only one tentacle monster.

This is the only "game" <<interactive gallery>> worth the download on the entire site right now; unless you are one of those many that faps to hitler dancing with a gay flag or visual novel (hentai slideshows).

If this "game" had better customization features and mods, it could be the best one around.

Last things:

:sleep:It gets old in less than 3 days.
;)Its a record, since most "games" here are forgotten in 15 minutes.

Last edited:

Viixby

Dec 19, 2019
HOW TO FIX SHADOWS (Revert to old shadow system from last update).
(Do this while the game is closed).

Step 1: Go to; "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\WildLifeC\Saved\Config\Windows"

Step 2: Open "Engine" or "Engine.ini" with notepad.

Step 3: PASTE THIS:
[/Script/Engine.RendererSettings]
r.Shadow.Virtual.Enable=0

At the bottom of the text; As shown here:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Step 4:
At the top left of the window, click "File" then click "Save" or hit [CTRL+S]. Then close the window.

Step 5: You're all done launch the game.

(Side note: this will be a toggle option in the settings menu in the future, so not everyone will have to do this later on).

Freedomsss25

Apr 9, 2023
Hey guys can anyone tell me is the latest version is 2022.10.21_Shipping_Full_Build_2.zip for UE4? Or are there any new updates for UE4?

Apice

Nov 23, 2019
I don't see how this "truth" makes any sense, care to elaborate?
The game already circumvents Patreon's rules by having technically interspecies sex as bestiality wouldn't be allowed. And AFAIK Steam is even more strict with this stuff. Also the "technically interspecies" stuff isn't just relatively niche it's also off putting for most people so as the game gets bigger and famous I expect that aspect of it to be dumbed down. I shouldn't have called it a truth like I did but I think it's highly likely

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 176 Votes