Purple_Heart

Oct 15, 2021
This is a pirating site, why would they care about bad reviews here?
Which site it is posted on doesn't matter. What matters is, who wrote it and under which conditions it is written.

Unlike the paid reviewers of ign, pcgamer or any other big media outlets, pirates are actual players. They are not being paid or bribed in any way to write their reviews, this is why they write their honest reviews.

"Sponsored" content creators on youtube are also not transparent most of the time. This is because of two reasons. First reason is, if they talk bad about a game too much, they fear publishers/developers would stop sending them free games. Second reason is, they prioritize creating more interesting videos over honest reviews. Because this is what they do, this is why they are called "content creators". They earn money from doing this.

SortaLewd

Feb 26, 2019
Which site it is posted on doesn't matter. What matters is, who wrote it and under which conditions it is written.

Unlike the paid reviewers of ign, pcgamer or any other big media outlets, pirates are actual players. They are not being paid or bribed in any way to write their reviews, this is why they write their honest reviews.

"Sponsored" content creators on youtube are also not transparent most of the time. This is because of two reasons. First reason is, if they talk bad about a game too much, they fear publishers/developers would stop sending them free games. Second reason is, they prioritize creating more interesting videos over honest reviews. Because this is what they do, this is why they are called "content creators". They earn money from doing this.
The site a review comes from definitely matters when a developer silencing critique is in question. EA doesn't need to silence reviews from people roasting pirated versions of their games, most of their playbase will be looking at legitimate platforms. A more relevant example is Fallen Doll - you can see efforts of their moderators silencing threads containing critique on their Steam discussion board, people being booted from their Discord for voicing opinions, etc, while the F95 page has people freely voicing opinions with no sign of FD moderators/devs attempting to hush people. There's no incentive to silencing people on pirating platforms because someone that's visiting a pirating site in the first place will likely pirate regardless just because they can.

Reactions: NeonThirst

Xviv

May 24, 2018
The site a review comes from definitely matters when a developer silencing critique is in question. EA doesn't need to silence reviews from people roasting pirated versions of their games, most of their playbase will be looking at legitimate platforms.
Oh, pirate reviews definitely have a major impact. There was a game (Titan Quest?) that included DRM that would intentionally break the game in weird ways when a pirated version was detected. These issues didn't occur in a purchased copy, but the game got slammed with reviews for being horribly buggy mess and this reputation stuck with it because of this. The developers even admitted to this mistake. Considering that piracy rates can be as high as 90%, pirates are likely going to be the majority of reviews found in the wild and can, and have, affected sales.

A more relevant example is Fallen Doll - you can see efforts of their moderators silencing threads containing critique on their Steam discussion board, people being booted from their Discord for voicing opinions, etc, while the F95 page has people freely voicing opinions with no sign of FD moderators/devs attempting to hush people.
Because they can't. Unlike official platforms, they can't control what is being said here because they don't control the platform. There is no way for them to remove negative comments on a platform they have no control over.

AdeptusSteve

Game Developer
Jun 9, 2017
There is no way for them to remove negative comments on a platform they have no control over.
Pretty much, thats why we prefer to handle this in a positive way with constructive interaction and improvement. Little by little. Of course we cant make the game be 100% finished and loved at the push of a button, everyone has different thresholds where they think the game is now "good" or "playable" or whatever. Ive noticed a pleasant increase in people that give nice constructive feedback and offer good counter arguments against the default negative commenters.
I think for us the most viable thing to do is to just keep working on the game, adding more content and improvements and hope that the critics eventually check it out again be positively surprised - pirates or not.

Cabin

Dec 11, 2022
how stable is the ue5 version ?
is it better to download the ue4 or the ue5 version of the game ??

SukebeDude

Jul 27, 2017
how stable is the ue5 version ?
is it better to download the ue4 or the ue5 version of the game ??
Stability probably depends on your hardware, i haven't had any issues save for performance but i also upgraded all my components a year ago except for my GPU that i've had for about 2 years, it would be considered a mid range rid today, the game settings doesn't scale as well as it should but i'm getting 45-60 fps on the highest settings in most places and i haven't had any crashes, i had similar performance in UE4 in the vertical slice demo but it had heavy stutter, make of that what you will.

Reactions: Cabin

kurchokurchev

May 6, 2020
dudes with texture problems, check the previous changelog and edit the engine.ini .
add this at the bottom ---> r.Shadow.Virtual.Enable=0
also i've been using this to turn off all shadows and increase performance ---> r.ShadowQuality=0
you can use both :)
p.s: pressing ''delete'' even when you think you dont have to helps to load the textures, atleast for me

ISven

May 19, 2017
I just downloaded the latest version of Wild Life, I wanted to know something: is it normal that there is no longer the "fishing village" map ? There is just the alpha of the new map, the old map and the showroom. Or I am bad checking but I can't find it.

SortaLewd

Feb 26, 2019
Oh, pirate reviews definitely have a major impact. There was a game (Titan Quest?) that included DRM that would intentionally break the game in weird ways when a pirated version was detected. These issues didn't occur in a purchased copy, but the game got slammed with reviews for being horribly buggy mess and this reputation stuck with it because of this. The developers even admitted to this mistake. Considering that piracy rates can be as high as 90%, pirates are likely going to be the majority of reviews found in the wild and can, and have, affected sales.

Because they can't. Unlike official platforms, they can't control what is being said here because they don't control the platform. There is no way for them to remove negative comments on a platform they have no control over.
Pretty sure that's an outlier though. When people go looking for reviews on games do you think most people go looking at reviews from reviewers that likely own legitimate copies on platforms like YouTube, Steam, etc, or do you think most people look at reviews on pirating sites? A lot of games these days are cross platform and PC playerbase is not the majority consumer, so for most developers there's no incentive on manipulating reviews on pirating sites when sales are mostly coming from consoles. And even for PC exclusive games, I'd imagine people pirating is the minority.

I used Fallen Doll as an example because despite so much negative commentary that game has gotten recently over on its F95 page, they're still racking in patreon supporters. The point I'm getting at is that most people interested in a game look at legitimate/official platforms for reviews, not pirating platforms. I could see piracy and reviews from users on pirated copies having a heavier impact on smaller indie developers, but I don't think that applies to Wild Life at this point.

brorifun

Dec 2, 2019
A question:
For the minigames:
Is it possible, that the model keeps the clothes on? For example, when i picked up succubus horns, that during minigame it is still equipped.

Thx

Reactions: lucien87

MR Maicom D

Jul 26, 2021
Que placa gráfica ou placas você está usando? Você pode ter que entrar nas configurações da sua placa gráfica e configurá-la para usar a GPU em vez da interna que você pode estar usando para este jogo.
[/CITAR]
RTX 2060
video offboard my processor does not have video only with the video card

sleepy505

Jun 8, 2021
Sorry guys if this question is stupid, I'm not very knowledgeable about PCs... I'm considering buying a used laptop to try the game… I see on steam the recommended GPU is a GTX 1060… if I used a computer with an older GTX 670mx, would the game not run?

sorry if this is a stupid question… really want to try this game out!

3.80 star(s) 176 Votes