JakeTapper

May 17, 2020
He is right though. This game is a scam.
6 years of development with the promises of an open world adult rpg(screenshot taken from patreon page):
View attachment 2584897

Where is the open world rpg? Where are the other promised features, such as crafting and survival? How is a game that
has been in development for 6 fucking years that still lacks basic game features not a scam?

View attachment 2584891
I don't think it's a scam per se, but the dev is being an autistic idiot focusing on just sandbox animations and not adding actual content and things to do. Right now it's just an outfit and animation selector with almost nothing else going on. Because it's on the Unreal Engine everything looks great but you can't even really give him credit for that.

Maybe he's bad at programming and doesn't know how to make systems work outside of animations/clothing and building a basic world to run around (which I'm sure there's a million tutorials on how to do)? IDK something just doesn't seem right. You'd think by now there would be some basic systems in place to give you at least _some_ things to do even if it was just basic questing 'go here pick up this item, bring it back to some npc, get sex from them, repeat'.

SortaLewd

Feb 26, 2019
He is right though. This game is a scam.
6 years of development with the promises of an open world adult rpg(screenshot taken from patreon page):
View attachment 2584897

Where is the open world rpg? Where are the other promised features, such as crafting and survival? How is a game that
has been in development for 6 fucking years that still lacks basic game features not a scam?

View attachment 2584891
I get the sentiment of being disappointed with the state of the game, but some of you really throw words around carelessly, even when you have the definitions available. If you scroll down the Patreon page you'd also see this:

1682899768683.png

And if you've played the game you'd know some of those features are in place, so it's not like they're lying about features being implemented, it's that development isn't going at the pace some of you wish it did. I don't see how you could have a changelog available where you can scroll through the update history and see what has been implemented then turn around and claim this game is a scam. I'm not try to defend WL devs in particular, there are some things I find disappointing too, but far too many people like to claim games as scams these days when they clearly aren't. I've seen people use your same argument when claiming Baldur's Gate 3 is a scam, because it has been in early access for a while and only the first act is available. It's kinda stupid ngl.

Personally what I find disappointing about Wild Life atm is the performance and quality of some of the models. I get performance is something that's usually looked at later on in development so I try not to complain too much about it, but when visuals are something that's boasted you'd expect to at least be able to run good settings to actually enjoy the visuals while getting decent frames on a rig that doesn't cost multiple organs. And while they are working on improving some of the models now, I question why they were even so bad in the first place when again, visuals are something being boasted. I'm no dev though so maybe there's good explanations for that, but those are my frustrations with the state of things, but even with those frustrations I still can't see WL as a scam.

Last edited:

erminua

Dec 14, 2022
personally i hope this game stays as a pure sex animation simulator. the only things id really like to see added is to be able to create custom poses, resize characters etc. i dont want to see some annoying plot getting in the way.

Reactions: Darkingxd1

OurManBim

Oct 16, 2022
personally i hope this game stays as a pure sex animation simulator. the only things id really like to see added is to be able to create custom poses, resize characters etc. i dont want to see some annoying plot getting in the way.
If you want to make custom animations, why insist on turning what was supposed to be a satisfying Action RPG game with decent sex scenes into a sandbox scene maker? VAM is better for that, in fact when VAM 2.0 comes out it will blow this out of the water in terms of custom content, the only thing beating VAM/VAM 2.0 is just doing it properly in Blender or some other 3D graphics software.

djr7

Mar 20, 2018
Working on a custom playable demo proof of concept
So far I have the following working
- trigger zones that hide the player, initiate control of camera, load up custom dialogue box with active button listener to advance dialogue, once done stops camera, re-enables and shows player
- custom animated idle pose of female character
- a melon can be found and can be picked up and is added to an "inventory"
- presing Q will bring up a menu showing if you have a melon or not

Next step is to create more dialogue for giving the character a melon, custom animations, custom sex animation, and an unlockable "money shot pose" with some post-dialogue

Essentially I want to make my own "Wild Life" playable content
Aiming to have lots of character dialogues, and even have some RPG stats
Small activities for the player in the forms of
- fetch quests/item gathering
- dialogue choices
- potential QTE style events (testing needs to be done)
- personal house customization
- puzzles
Overal the point of the game experience is to have a handful of characters for the player to "satisfy their demands" and be rewarded. If I can get this demo done I might reach out if anyone wants to help out or contribute in some way verticle slice.png

Wargen

Memento mori
Donor
Nov 12, 2017
Did they ever re-add the old UE4 way of starting sex scenes? If it's still that choose a scene in a list shit I'll just pass.

Reactions: Lucifer84

djr7

Mar 20, 2018
Did they ever re-add the old UE4 way of starting sex scenes? If it's still that choose a scene in a list shit I'll just pass.
they have that, and the also have "quick sex" option which immediately puts you in a sex scene that has every single animation to pick from, so no more going through the list and grabbing what you want, you just have access to all of them

Reactions: StreamSteam

theldras

Apr 22, 2018
6 years into development and still not even remotely close to a working alpha of the actual promised game, in it's current state its barely even a game but rather a sandbox custom sex animation screenshot and video maker, and that would be fine if that was the program promised and marketed, but its not, it was and still is marketed as a survival rpg with sex and nudity, in its current state this is a bait and switch, promise one thing, cash in, deliver something else with barely even a single hint of what they promised, and what is there is still to this day extremely barebone.

Last edited:

Wargen

Memento mori
Donor
Nov 12, 2017
they have that, and the also have "quick sex" option which immediately puts you in a sex scene that has every single animation to pick from, so no more going through the list and grabbing what you want, you just have access to all of them
nice, gonna download it then ty

JRGrass1414

Nov 27, 2020
resize characters
Not sure that it's possible for sex scenes though. At least for 2 reasons:
1. Character bodies don't seem to have dynamic responses to collision. Meaning that each pose/animation has to be tailored to specifically sized props, otherwise they just go through each other.
2. Being able to make character partner look smaller in sex scenes is umm... well, inapropriate. And borderline illegal.
That's how I see it, but maybe I'm wrong on this one.

AdeptusSteve

Game Developer
Jun 9, 2017
why the fuck does a custom mesh only made up of a few hundred polygons cause the game to use all my fucking VRAM and cause blurry textures
Hey, could you share this custom mesh with us so we can have a look? Is it just the model or do you also import custom textures?
Btw. we are very aware of the issues with memory and performance and those are definitely one of our main focus points of development.
So if you could describe any situation you experience mem leak in and detail steps to reproduce it will help solve these issues faster.

Cheers

• Red Heart
Reactions: HardcoreCuddler

GerP1

Nov 4, 2022
Hey, could you share this custom mesh with us so we can have a look? Is it just the model or do you also import custom textures?
Btw. we are very aware of the issues with memory and performance and those are definitely one of our main focus points of development.
So if you could describe any situation you experience mem leak in and detail steps to reproduce it will help solve these issues faster.

Cheers
I've noticed when you have enough AI characters game tends to change to lower level of LODs and textures and refuse to change to higher ones. That's for me around 130 poses/scenes/characters (and quite amount of objects) with 32gb ram and 3080. But the recent patch (one or two ago?) really improved performance with high amount of poses like that. Game was basically unplayable with that many and now I get pretty stable 60 fps, however at times I get that lod/texture issue even though FPS is totally same.

3.80 star(s) 172 Votes