limesseur

Oct 7, 2019
Whats up with the graphics? I got everything on ultra get it looks like its on medium settings. Its this a graphics bug introduced to the latest version?
Placeholder graphics while the game is being worked on, meant to "block out" where stuff is going to be in the release version. If you're dealing with blurry textures, then that's caused by running out of vram in your GPU, which is avoided by lowering graphics settings.

Also, it's unnecessary to set all the graphics to ultra, there is no real noticeable difference between high and ultra other than the amount of vram used. Also helps that if you don't have a raytracing capable GPU that for the Global Illumination setting you set it to Screen Space instead of Lumen

Fuchsschweif

Sep 24, 2019
because the systems don't work that way, this is about controlling the actual bones themselves, this isn't a simple scale.
You are able to scale the boobs and ass of a character in the character customizer because it doesn't actually affect the bone controllers for the created sex scenes. changing the penis size would misallign everything
Too big boobs from the normal editor also misalign with everything so that's not really an argument imo. Penis size should be just available easily as well.

404NoNamegr

Dec 5, 2019
Placeholder graphics while the game is being worked on, meant to "block out" where stuff is going to be in the release version. If you're dealing with blurry textures, then that's caused by running out of vram in your GPU, which is avoided by lowering graphics settings.

Also, it's unnecessary to set all the graphics to ultra, there is no real noticeable difference between high and ultra other than the amount of vram used. Also helps that if you don't have a raytracing capable GPU that for the Global Illumination setting you set it to Screen Space instead of Lumen
After testing my main issue is a OS and software issue it seems since i tried the game both on windows and linux, same settings and resolution and as it seems the linux version is more blurry than the windows one.
Im running it on bottles with all compatibilities like dxvk and vkd3d proton latest version but the result is the same. I have tried all options and nothing so far has improved the quality on linux, if anyone knows the solution make sure to share. testlinux.png linux

TESTwindows1.png windows

Viixby

Dec 19, 2019
Please sir where is the mod?
Go to the "Wild Life Official" Discord server. (If you're not in it, it's on the first page of this thread, along with the download links for the game).
The channel called "preset-sharing" type "canine" in the search bar of that thread, you should see it.

Joheaster

Mar 19, 2019
Oh wow. I suppose there must be no issues with clipping or misalignment whatsoever.
Clipping and misalignment has always been a issue, even with upping the normal character editor scale of breast, butt, thighs and balls. To even get the Penis larger you need to go to the scene editor, enable bone control, find Penis A, then manually adjust the xzy offset scale to the size you want. In what world would you think that'll magical fix all clipping and misalignment issues that been persistent since day 1?

Reactions: Humalien

HeavenlySword

Jan 30, 2018
After testing my main issue is a OS and software issue it seems since i tried the game both on windows and linux, same settings and resolution and as it seems the linux version is more blurry than the windows one.
Im running it on bottles with all compatibilities like dxvk and vkd3d proton latest version but the result is the same. I have tried all options and nothing so far has improved the quality on linux, if anyone knows the solution make sure to share.
I don't know what causes the difference in quality level between these 2 OS' but based on your screenshots i can see that you're running both over hardware limit. Wild Life is very VRAM hungry and as soon as you exceed it, textures will start to get blurry. So, as limesseur stated above your post, i would also recommend to lower your graphics settings, to free up VRAM and get back some sharpness and texture quality or switch API to dx11, which has a lower performance impact.

Reactions: limesseur

404NoNamegr

Dec 5, 2019
I don't know what causes the difference in quality level between these 2 OS' but based on your screenshots i can see that you're running both over hardware limit. Wild Life is very VRAM hungry and as soon as you exceed it, textures will start to get blurry. So, as limesseur stated above your post, i would also recommend to lower your graphics settings, to free up VRAM and get back some sharpness and texture quality or switch API to dx11, which has a lower performance impact.
Changing dx12 to 11 changed nothing and vulkan makes the floor go black but beside that again nothing. I'm not sure its a vram issue since I got plenty (12gb) and on windows like i showed it has better long distance resolution compared to the Linux one. Maybe I'm missing out on a few things like dependencies to download. Any one else using Linux to confirm it might be only me?

limesseur

Oct 7, 2019
Changing dx12 to 11 changed nothing and vulkan makes the floor go black but beside that again nothing. I'm not sure its a vram issue since I got plenty (12gb) and on windows like i showed it has better long distance resolution compared to the Linux one. Maybe I'm missing out on a few things like dependencies to download. Any one else using Linux to confirm it might be only me?
I have 16gb of vram and still get the blurred textures, but I also have my graphics settings on high and the Lumen lighting on. Have you lowered the settings yet? I ask since you didn't mention graphics settings, just that you tried dx11 and vulkan. Speaking of, it doesn't look like anything changes from dx12 to 11, but it's stuff in the background that boosts general performance not just the graphics, but if it really doesn't seem to change anything then set it to whatever you want. And vulkan is another way of doing what dx11 and 12 do, but is still catching up in some places.

I don't really know Linux, so I wouldn't know if Unreal Engine has dependencies on there. However, I've never heard of needing any for UE games that aren't already packaged with the game or gives a popup saying exactly what you need.

Reactions: he_found_you

404NoNamegr

Dec 5, 2019
I have 16gb of vram and still get the blurred textures, but I also have my graphics settings on high and the Lumen lighting on. Have you lowered the settings yet? I ask since you didn't mention graphics settings, just that you tried dx11 and vulkan. Speaking of, it doesn't look like anything changes from dx12 to 11, but it's stuff in the background that boosts general performance not just the graphics, but if it really doesn't seem to change anything then set it to whatever you want. And vulkan is another way of doing what dx11 and 12 do, but is still catching up in some places.

I don't really know Linux, so I wouldn't know if Unreal Engine has dependencies on there. However, I've never heard of needing any for UE games that aren't already packaged with the game or gives a popup saying exactly what you need.
Lowering the settings just make it look worse. I'll investigate further with other unreal games and see if it makes a difference.

HeavenlySword

Jan 30, 2018

If nothing else helps, you could try to launch the game with -notexturestreaming and/or -nohmd parameter. The first parameter disables texture streaming and the second prevents pixel blurring when the game tries to fall back to performance improvement measures when fps are dropping and make the game match your individual graphics settings during realtime rendering but the game performance will suffer in turn.
xPS4vrXnQv.png

404NoNamegr

Dec 5, 2019
If nothing else helps, you could try to launch the game with -notexturestreaming and/or -nohmd parameter. The first parameter disables texture streaming and the second prevents pixel blurring when the game tries to fall back to performance improvement measures when fps are dropping and make the game match your individual graphics settings during realtime rendering but the game performance will suffer in turn.
View attachment 3916808
Yea I think this is the issue because i tried other unreal games and they look the same as with the windows version so ill have to find a way to force this but on linux.

rev_10

Sep 16, 2022
A very good game, but it really needs more in-depth character face customization and maybe manual sex animations interaction, as for everything else, it's pretty hot, the animations are possibly the best out of any nsfw game out there and the characters and maps look good, i hope more games like these show up in the future.

3.80 star(s) 177 Votes