Collection Video Wildeer Studio Collection [2023-11-16] [WildeerStudio]

4.60 star(s) 15 Votes

Zazazap

May 22, 2018
He said the fluid simulation is complete so I guess he will start rendering now, it will take about a month or longer, then he will create the audio with the voice actress and I think that can be before Christmas
What I don't get is why he isn't using "preview" footage as guide for the voice acting like in any sane media production, especially if all that is left to do is stuff like fluid simulation, some small details like lighting and final rendering... Or is it all just an excuse ?...

Echbert

Jun 21, 2018
Yep, totally agree, but that's exactly why it can't be artists that do that part. Business people on the other hand have been managing artists in the gaming industry for decades so it can be done with success.
Nah, a suit is exactly how you get unreasonable deadlines. You need an artist at the top, because they understand the minutae of what's going on, but all they really need is good leadership/administration skills(project leader, Creative director, etc.). Unfortunately most of these devs probably don't really want to put somebody in charge(that's what you have a corporate job for), as this would hinder them doing their own thing. Then again if NLT Media, and Inceton can do it, then i say why not.

jonhapimp

Nov 29, 2017
If that's so, why not open a Patreon and start pumping animations out ? Seems like easy money from what you're saying !
I do...
So many people making excuses for not releasing anything for two years when they're others who actually do.
I've been using blender since 2015, and when I found it didn't do some things I wanted, I learned other software that did.

Echbert

Jun 21, 2018
I'll tell the execs I know in the video game space they've been doing it all wrong and there is a guy on the internet that knows better than them. I'll direct them here.
???

have you not being seeing the news? Crunch is a huge problem in the gaming industry right now and an example of a disconnect between upper management expectation, and ground floor capabilities. That's why in the corporate space, hiring from within can often have benefits, because they actually know the logistics of what's going on and administrate accordingly. But hey i'm just some rando on the internet, whose obviously a naive idiot.

Reactions: xxxDreamZzz

dmoxi89

Jul 11, 2020
View attachment 2137177

Images
I do not envy his work. It must be so stressful trying to animate liquids for a year and more and not succeeding. I personally would have given up a long time ago, no matter how much money I take from work.
So a round of applause to Wildeer for his tenacity, in my opinion he deserves it.
For over a year, 5 days a week, several hours I work a day, to understand how to make the fluid realistic. Congratulations.

Jimmeh

Jun 20, 2017
And cloth, and soft body, and assets manager, and reference system, and so on...

Blender is a piece of shit software, and I'm surprised Wildeer hasn't moved to a professional tool like Maya, Houdini, 3dsmax, etc. with the money he's making.
Blender is on par and even surpasses 3dsmax/Maya in certain aspects like animation.
Houdini is a simulation solution, you'd import your scene.

Blender has been used in movie productions so it's not Blenders fault that Wildeer is unable to utilise it.

Yustu

May 22, 2018
And cloth, and soft body, and assets manager, and reference system, and so on...

Blender is a piece of shit software, and I'm surprised Wildeer hasn't moved to a professional tool like Maya, Houdini, 3dsmax, etc. with the money he's making.
I read that Ton himself (founder / initial author of Blender) is visiting regularly Wildeer and forces him to use Blender. God knows that exporting and then importing into i.e. houdini and doing sim and re-exporting using usd to Blender is forbidden.

Blender is on par and even surpasses 3dsmax/Maya in certain aspects like animation.
Houdini is a simulation solution, you'd import your scene.

Blender has been used in movie productions so it's not Blenders fault that Wildeer is unable to utilise it.
Depends on task. For example houdini allows to have interaction between fluid sim and rigid bodies (i.e. floating boat on the water), maya has sim for rigid bodies that are part of rig (via plugin) so it's possible to "switch" on the fly and do physic sim and then add keyframes on rig level allowing to make animation much faster and more physic accurate (think VAM kind of physics).

The bottom line is that, and this is My personal opinion, that issue is between keyboard and chair. Usually physic sim is not used in the production due to unpredictable nature and time / computation / required to be done to achieve decent results. There are cases where this is required but cum sim is not one of them. What Wildeer should do is to use "trickery" to achieve fluid sim and there is multiple ways of doing so (boids, metabals, curves and geometry nodes, curves and modifiers that build mesh on top of it and animate only endpoints to slide on surface etc. to just name few).

But I guess when You earn decent amount of money by doing nothing or absolute minimum than it's worth exploring dead ends I mean You are paid for this right :D

cerberus92

Mar 31, 2020
I remember the big plans for a (studio) apartment. Maybe he should put some money into a portable power generator…

Tbh if it just wasn‘t the same lame excuses we get every time. I try to stay abstinent from getting cynical or negative over his work ethic, but fail. Anyone of us played games at home when they were just mildly sick in school or at work. And he has more power outages than Pumpkinville in Nigeria.

DashRaider

Dec 25, 2019
The sad thing is that his supporters are willing to tolerate it, accept it and show their support for him. My point of view is that it's really taking too long and I don't understand why he didn't use the money to pay for the 3DS Max license, the fluid problems would be gone. Blender is very unstable with fluid simulation baking.

Yustu

May 22, 2018
He doesn't has to switch to different soft, and I hope he doesn't because taking learning curve into consideration see ya in 2122, as there are already available solution in Blender, for example flipFluids:

Bake timeResult:
1h
2h
41m
23m
18m -> 5h

src:

Solver in Max is same as in Maya and, well, it's good so probably that would solve issue but why to bother doing so when one can do same in native package ?

DashRaider Do You have some reference about Your statements (genuinely interested not trolling) ?

dmoxi89

Jul 11, 2020
He doesn't has to switch to different soft, and I hope he doesn't because taking learning curve into consideration see ya in 2122, as there are already available solution in Blender, for example flipFluids:
The learning curve... Good point.
When I approach something new I'm really slow at first, like a diesel... I'm wrong release predictions even weeks.
As is normal, once I take the hand, everything improves and I become more punctual.
I don't know what to think in the case of wildeer: let's take the last example, the halloween animation... How can you go wrong by more than 5 days a simple animation that you know you have to release on the 31st evening from time immemorial? His decision to do this animation, but you can't release it in mid-November, it doesn't make sense.
Well, I just can't understand.

Apr 18, 2022

Bake timeResult:
1h
2h
41m
23m
18m -> 5h

src:

Solver in Max is same as in Maya and, well, it's good so probably that would solve issue but why to bother doing so when one can do same in native package ?

DashRaider Do You have some reference about Your statements (genuinely interested not trolling) ?
Damn the strawberries is insane lvl :love:

Bega81Froa

Aug 17, 2021
Have you guys ever, instead of arguing about different, more or less feasible scenarios, thought of Occam's Razor?

Wildeer ain't that special, Occam's Razor most likely also applies to him!

So the next time you guys ask yourselves, why everything Wildeer does, takes 50times as long, as it does when other artists do it, or why he's always the unfortunate one, running into these random, sheer endless problems, just think of...

Occam's Razor ! ! !

You're welcome ;)

Reactions: KnowledgeAlfa
4.60 star(s) 15 Votes