Unity Abandoned William- Sins and Nightmares [v0.02.5] [DarkSnailGames]

DGS-

Naga
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2017
Is this only 64Bit????
I went ahead and compiled the build for 32 Bit. Please note this is the first version put out to it so any trouble or feedback you have please let me know. 32 BIT Version

Reactions: Gabaw

4Finger

Engaged Member
Nov 24, 2016
I went ahead and compiled the build for 32 Bit. Please note this is the first version put out to it so any trouble or feedback you have please let me know. 32 BIT Version
On screen 1280x1024:
01 Start.jpg
To go from start to the door was like walking in deep mud....
Something that was annoying is that you start talking to the people as soon as you approach them ... Even though I managed to turn on me, so I had my back against the person, the dialogue started again .... For my part I would like to use enter to start the dialogue .... Otherwise it was a very interesting game with spirits & ghosts ...
(Have use Google Translate)

Reactions: Gabaw

Cyril Kain

Jun 21, 2019
On screen 1280x1024:
View attachment 516092
Something that was annoying is that you start talking to the people as soon as you approach them ... Even though I managed to turn on me, so I had my back against the person, the dialogue started again .... For my part I would like to use enter to start the dialogue .... Otherwise it was a very interesting game with spirits & ghosts ...
I believe the slow walk up to the house is for atmosphere. After all, every creepy house in horror movies has the people slowly approach it, so it should be the same in horror games.

As for the auto conversation, I agree with that. Always a bit annoying since the 'talk box' around them is a bit large. I can understand it happening for certain things, such as forced events like talking to the ghost girl in the 'hall of hands,' but not for everything. Maybe for that b!tch mother and her brat daughter as well.

Reactions: Gabaw and DGS-

DGS-

Naga
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2017
On screen 1280x1024:
View attachment 516092
That's great to hear. I'm happy it was able to run with the 32 bit version. Something I'm looking at is the standard walk up to NPC and press [F] for your dialouge but one thing at a time. When I make that change it will be for all of them.

Reactions: Gabaw and 4Finger

4Finger

Engaged Member
Nov 24, 2016
That's great to hear. I'm happy it was able to run with the 32 bit version. Something I'm looking at is the standard walk up to NPC and press [F] for your dialouge but one thing at a time. When I make that change it will be for all of them.
It sound's much better to press F (or T=Talk) when you should talk to somebody... Now i wait for the next version of 32Bit... Keep going....

Reactions: Gabaw and DGS-

Gabaw

Jun 23, 2017
Looks good! I just hope she doesn't ghost me on snap... Otherwise, that's one sexy spectre.

Reactions: DGS-

sasuke25

Jul 23, 2017
I have a problem and that is because I can't get into the attic no matter how often I walk to the bookshelf or stand there is not

fzdc

Jul 25, 2017
Demo works great now. No issues so far.
tho the auto-talk can get annoying since it triggers twice sometimes.

Reactions: wrarar

fzdc

Jul 25, 2017
I have a problem and that is because I can't get into the attic no matter how often I walk to the bookshelf or stand there is not
talk to the girl in the kitchen.
interact with glowing scroll in the library.
go upstairs and into the hallway near the piano.

4Finger

Engaged Member
Nov 24, 2016
For the 32Bit Version:
I have played both & the one in the OP don't show this two, which means you don't go to talk to Braham & second don't open up the attic for you.... The first you put up here is working the hole way to the end, so put up that in OP....
08 Talk to Braham Spirit World.jpg 09 Message from Attic.jpg
Page 6 #101 is the first version... If you dowload this one, go here "C:\Users\Username\AppData\LocalLow\DesireGameStudios" & delete this map so you start a clean game.....
Layouten:
Layouten.jpg

Last edited:

wrarar

Dec 19, 2017
dev if you are reading, this considere the following:

-use something like "press F to interact" the automatic interac is anoying.

-add more dialogues and questions from the MC, because the first question i really want to ask was DO YOU SEE THAT SCARY GIRL ON THE THIRD FLOOR? besides, this people need to cach up a lot their firs chat should be a little more extense i think.

thats all, good luck fixing all the bugs and stuff, because i could only play like 5 minutes but already know this game is gonna be something scary.

4Finger

Engaged Member
Nov 24, 2016
dev if you are reading, this considere the following:

-use something like "press F to interact" the automatic interac is anoying.

-add more dialogues and questions from the MC, because the first question i really want to ask was DO YOU SEE THAT SCARY GIRL ON THE THIRD FLOOR? besides, this people need to cach up a lot their firs chat should be a little more extense i think.

thats all, good luck fixing all the bugs and stuff, because i could only play like 5 minutes but already know this game is gonna be something scary.
Go up #104....

Reactions: wrarar

Izum

Nov 14, 2019
I fell into the void under the map after talking with a ghost and went back to the stairs from the attic
\\
if you click Escape, then the mouse is blocked in the menu, you can’t choose anything, only alt + f4
\\
about art:
all models look the same, one height, the same proportions, no hair in the right places =), the same face shape
\\
about maps of the area:
In such huge rooms and very long corridors, there is no sense,you spend a lot of time running through vast areas, it’s possible to remove a lot of unnecessary textures, reduce the size of rooms and corridors, and you can start the game in front of the door to the house
\\
about the text:
you need to add an input block for 1.5 seconds after scrolling the text. Now, with one click, you can flip through 2-3 lines of text without having to read it.
\\
About the test version
You can make a flat floor under the entire map in case people fall under the map. On the floor there may be a bright teleporter to the center of the hallway. Otherwise, you have to constantly start a new game and go through the whole story
This will help to find all map bugs faster.

Last edited:
Reactions: DGS-

DGS-

Naga
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2017
I fell into the void under the map after talking with a ghost and went back to the stairs from the attic
\\
if you click Escape, then the mouse is blocked in the menu, you can’t choose anything, only alt + f4
\\
about art:
all models look the same, one height, the same proportions, no hair in the right places =), the same face shape
\\
about maps of the area:
In such huge rooms and very long corridors, there is no sense,you spend a lot of time running through vast areas, it’s possible to remove a lot of unnecessary textures, reduce the size of rooms and corridors, and you can start the game in front of the door to the house
\\
about the text:
you need to add an input block for 1.5 seconds after scrolling the text. Now, with one click, you can flip through 2-3 lines of text without having to read it.
\\
About the test version
You can make a flat floor under the entire map in case people fall under the map. On the floor there may be a bright teleporter to the center of the hallway. Otherwise, you have to constantly start a new game and go through the whole story
This will help to find all map bugs faster.
I appreciate the feedback man. An update on everything for everyone here.
1. The escape key bug I've spotted and im fixing atm. It does looks like the toggle for the mouse icon by hitting C does work for it atm though so it will reappear if its used.

2. Ty for the bug in the attic. You're the first one to mention it up there I believe so I'll be writing a script for the issue that way if you fall below a certain point in the world (aka below the map) you'll be teleported back to the correct position.

3. The lovely map lol. The bedrooms will be cut down a little, however the overall maps size will stay the same. Hidden rooms, secret corridors and other secrets are planned for it so the size itself will stay but some space will be optimized to give a more home/comfy vibe to it. Same for the outside. A crypt is planned outside later on and tomstones on the sides (Implemented some already/Patreon reward).

4. Art/Models- Exciting news actually but as for some people who thought/think there honey models (The older models) they are not. is used for all the character models/creations which give it that chibi/anime style look. I had Limitations on what could be changed/done in the program until recently. I am happy to say thanks to some amazing devs and a bit of programming on my end, the blender files are fully implemented on every model now. Meaning that previous limitations such as breast size ( Yes lol. Too big it destroyed the models) , Nips (Painted on textures no more. Will actually be pointy now) and clothing can all be made or given depth to them now.

5. Last really Important I mention it but all the public demos are planned to be released 1 month to a month and a half after the patreon release of it. This gives me not only time to stay a few versions ahead but also to make sure there is always content coming out for everyone. This will also reduce the amount of bugs coming out and hitting everyone else, along with rewarding the patrons who pledge to it. I'll be laying low a little bit working on everything but I'll answer any questions in here when I get the chance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xol