hkennereth

Mar 3, 2019
This game is just weird to me. At the first few chapters I thought it had an interesting approach to its plot, even if it's not super original. More than that, it looked like a well crafted game with a decent attention to quality. But it seems like every chapter the quality just gets lower and lower. There were a few things here and there throughout each chapter, but it wasn't until Chapter 5 that something really bothered me.

First it was the two stupid mini-games about making an omelette. The "can you remember the ingredients" pointless game, and then the "click to flip" one... which seems to always detect the click about half a second too late so you always get it wrong at first. This was just a straight-up dialog choice game until that point, so that mini-game was completely out of place. That in itself wouldn't have bothered me as much, if it wasn't for the fact that after so much bullshit to make an omelette, the characters don't end up serving two fried eggs on each plate. *facepalms* Even worse, they sit down to eat at a table with glass top... when just a few in-game days before they were having dinner on a wooden table. And the final shot was Mia talking to the MC a few minutes later in a blank corridor with walls that didn't attach to the floor, with no connection whatsoever with the apartment they had been appearing until that point in the game. Did the dev really need to change assets in the middle of the game like that? Does continuity has no meaning here?

But annoying as those details were, I was still willing to just ignore, maybe it was just some oddities on the development of that chapter. The character was dealing with some system failures, a flooded apartment... maybe the dev was also dealing with similar stuff. Let it go, let's see if the game gets better after that. So that wasn't a dealbreaker for me.

What was the dealbreaker was this:
screenshot0001.jpg

WTF IS THIS?!?!?

This scene literally starts with the "young girl" in close up, and you can see it's just a standard adult woman character model they scaled down, which makes the other woman look like a fucking giant here.

I literally closed the game and deleted it after this one shot. This is just awful.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
You think that was bad, 30 seconds longer and you would have seen the kid walking across the street a car coming right at her and her mother just stands there covering her eyes so the MC can push them out of the way so the MC can be the hero and get hit by the car and then not go to the hospital, or even doctors.

MrPerson28475

Game Developer
Nov 25, 2020
This game is just weird to me. At the first few chapters I thought it had an interesting approach to its plot, even if it's not super original. More than that, it looked like a well crafted game with a decent attention to quality. But it seems like every chapter the quality just gets lower and lower. There were a few things here and there throughout each chapter, but it wasn't until Chapter 5 that something really bothered me.

First it was the two stupid mini-games about making an omelette. The "can you remember the ingredients" pointless game, and then the "click to flip" one... which seems to always detect the click about half a second too late so you always get it wrong at first. This was just a straight-up dialog choice game until that point, so that mini-game was completely out of place. That in itself wouldn't have bothered me as much, if it wasn't for the fact that after so much bullshit to make an omelette, the characters don't end up serving two fried eggs on each plate. *facepalms* Even worse, they sit down to eat at a table with glass top... when just a few in-game days before they were having dinner on a wooden table. And the final shot was Mia talking to the MC a few minutes later in a blank corridor with walls that didn't attach to the floor, with no connection whatsoever with the apartment they had been appearing until that point in the game. Did the dev really need to change assets in the middle of the game like that? Does continuity has no meaning here?

But annoying as those details were, I was still willing to just ignore, maybe it was just some oddities on the development of that chapter. The character was dealing with some system failures, a flooded apartment... maybe the dev was also dealing with similar stuff. Let it go, let's see if the game gets better after that. So that wasn't a dealbreaker for me.

What was the dealbreaker was this:
View attachment 1589161

WTF IS THIS?!?!?

This scene literally starts with the "young girl" in close up, and you can see it's just a standard adult woman character model they scaled down, which makes the other woman look like a fucking giant here.

I literally closed the game and deleted it after this one shot. This is just awful.
After seeing this here I do not know if I want to keep playing now. It looked so good to me upto seeing this.
Played this again and looked in the image folder and could not find the image you have posted. is it from the next update you happen to have early?

Last edited:

hkennereth

Mar 3, 2019
After seeing this here I do not know if I want to keep playing now. It looked so good to me upto seeing this.
Played this again and looked in the image folder and could not find the image you have posted. is it from the next update you happen to have early?
I just got whatever last version is posted at the top of this thread. I don't have any special access to this game.

DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 11, 2020
This game makes me understand bipolar people a lot better, from going from good scenes with Mia, to annoying shit with bitchy old bags, to the sheer retardedness of a mother just stopping and holding her hand over her daughter's eyes while a car is about to hit them, just so you can push them out of the way, get hit by said car, and not go to a hospital, just go to a cafe and get sucked off by a chick who 5 minutes ago hated your guts.

The whole car thing was an apt metaphor for this update, started out nice and wholesome and ended up fucked.

That was the dumbest thing I have seen since that 12-year-old dev with the stupid frog and his hatred of ntr stupid game.
The whole car incident, I think had more to do with saving this woman & daughters life & now they will be in mc’s life, also noticed how her daughter looks like adult in a child’s body.
may first I thought person driving the car was Ash, but then she said she witnessed the accident and helped you to the cafe, so what enemy does mc have that would run him down?

Reactions: SinAppeal

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
The whole car incident, I think had more to do with saving this woman & daughters life & now they will be in mc’s life, also noticed how her daughter looks like adult in a child’s body.
may first I thought person driving the car was Ash, but then she said she witnessed the accident and helped you to the cafe, so what enemy does mc have that would run him down?
If someone were to be runned down it was the mother and the girl. The MC only intervened to save them. Well at least that how I understood the entire scene.

Reactions: Wildquill

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Yeah, I figured that much out myself, was still stupid.

Fission Mailed

Modder
Nov 27, 2017
Just started playing, got to CH3 where I've found this game breaking bug that no RenPy Script Kiddie can fix.
1.jpg

It's not just that angle either, in every shot of the car the wheels are missing (even aparently in CH4 that I haven't played to yet). It's worse than Jessie with no brake calipers as it didn't take years and random internet memes to point out.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Just started playing, got to CH3 where I've found this game breaking bug that no RenPy Script Kiddie can fix.
View attachment 1596726

It's not just that angle either, in every shot of the car the wheels are missing (even aparently in CH4 that I haven't played to yet). It's worse than Jessie with no brake calipers as it didn't take years and random internet memes to point out.
Oh boy, you are in for a treat, wait till you come to the latest update, and the adult child and the road rage incident.

MrPerson28475

Game Developer
Nov 25, 2020
View attachment 1596726

It's a futuristic car with magic wheels. ;)

3.20 star(s) 45 Votes