Others Winter Warmth [v0.1.9.8] [PowerPlower]

3.40 star(s) 18 Votes

SweatPicle

May 6, 2017
Yes, if you've already reached the sandbox, you're done now it's time to wait for the next updates.
The next update would not be a update but an overhaule. And in a fucked up engine, there will be a hell of a grind in this new version so be prepared. In the beginning i was supporting this game but when i saw the engine change coming and the grind that comes with it, i stopt my support.

Jan 6, 2023
The next update would not be a update but an overhaule. And in a fucked up engine, there will be a hell of a grind in this new version so be prepared. In the beginning i was supporting this game but when i saw the engine change coming and the grind that comes with it, i stopt my support.
Which engine is that?

WuzzyFuzzy

Jan 23, 2020
New engine? Why? What purpose? It can't be simpler and as streamlined as Ren'Py/Python. If it's something 'similar to Unity' it may be using the same engine as Long Story Short, which is ok, I guess, as one isn't locked down on saves. But there won't be any rollbacks.

I get the feeling that some devs take offense to mods and save manipulation that are easily done with Ren'Py. But the end result, the goal, should be engagement. What users want and what keeps them coming back. There are times I like to tinker with code and saves just to see what happens. It's much harder to do that with Unity. I guess I need to dig into Asset Studio a bit deeper.

As far as the CG goes--I have no clue why they'd be worse unless it's a conscious decision to trade quality for speed. If the updates are really large (as in several hundred renders) and that's the goal, then maybe a compromise. But if the updates are limited to less than ~400 renders, I don't see the point. As for me, I prefer fewer updates that are quality focused than spitting out mediocrity on a monthly basis.

Oh well...whatever happens will happen.

Reactions: Andeddo

Entropylol

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018
Wait, what? There is no better engine than RenPy for adult games(rollback, easy save, easy cheat, easy to run in weaker pc's), why change it? E_O_N

Reactions: stiltoboglovian412

SweatPicle

May 6, 2017
Wait, what? There is no better engine than RenPy for adult games(rollback, easy save, easy cheat, easy to run in weaker pc's), why change it?
there is someone with who he is working with that don't know anything about Ren'Py, about coding and such.

syrupu

Feb 23, 2018
crap, I was looking forward to this game, but new engine usually means no Linux/Mac support... oh well

undervbd

Nov 1, 2022
the creator commented that he was not going to upload a new update in F95 Zone, he was only going to be on his patreon and maybe on a platform like steam obviously paying

• Sad
Reactions: DTchan and Mandom13

moonshadow

May 6, 2017
Gosh, I remember when this was uploaded here. And I gotta be honest, I more or less fell in love with the game back then.
It became one of my most anticipated games, no joke.
After learning more, reading more about changes, and the direction of this game. Any hype I still had is gone.
It's almost as if the dev is intentionally trying to sabotage his own game and success.
I do wish the best of luck to the dev. He's definitely gonna need it.
Personally I would like to try the next proper update, to see for myself. But I think it's better to just forget about this game for the next couple of years. Then come back, and if against all odds this game isnt abandoned by then, well then perhaps there's been 2-3 updates worth of playing. And after that form a better and more honest opinion.

I really had high hopes for this one. Was really excited to see where it will go. But now, now I just feel like this is a waste of time. And that makes me a sad panda.

DarknessDai

Mar 23, 2019
Gosh, I remember when this was uploaded here. And I gotta be honest, I more or less fell in love with the game back then.
After learning more, reading more about changes, and the direction of this game. Any hype I still had is gone.
It's almost as if the dev is intentionally trying to sabotage his own game and success.
Personally I would like to try the next proper update, to see for myself. But I think it's better to just forget about this game for the next couple of years. Then come back, and if against all odds this game isnt abandoned by then, well then perhaps there's been 2-3 updates worth of playing. And after that form a better and more honest opinion.

I really had high hopes for this one. Was really excited to see where it will go. But now, now I just feel like this is a waste of time. And that makes me a sad panda.
[/QUOTE

can you tell me what the dev said and what are the stuff he changed can you give me update please

undervbd

Nov 1, 2022

The game is not abandoned, it is almost finished. The problem is that to play if or if you have to pay on the patreon.

Ass Fan

Conversation Conqueror
TwitFollower
Jun 27, 2020
It may be as long as it takes this is a game worth waiting for. The coolest thing is how we will awaken Melissa's desires throughout the story and make her addicted to sex...

3.40 star(s) 18 Votes