Others Winter Warmth [v0.1.9.8] [PowerPlower]

3.40 star(s) 18 Votes

WuzzyFuzzy

Jan 23, 2020
Meaning in a traditional AVN there would be a "bad path" or in this case "dark path" vs light for all, it'd be great if you could be simultaneously on a humiliation path with say Melissa then a love path with say Amelia - would lend itself to a lot of replayability if it ever gets that way.
This is the way I see it, also. Hook up with Amelia or maybe Nora and then lose everyone else. How will others respond? As you said, the potential for replaying this game is huge, but it's going to take a couple of years (at least) unless they hire Popeye or some other super hero.
So what is the quickest way to get on the dark path? What does the variable "Mina's destiny" control?
Basically...just let everyone push you around. There are gifts that you can give to influence certain variables, too. But fail Mina's quest and be a noodle (Freudian term....) and have your destiny score go into the minus column.

Reactions: mickster101

mickster101

Aug 14, 2017
This is the way I see it, also. Hook up with Amelia or maybe Nora and then lose everyone else. How will others respond? As you said, the potential for replaying this game is huge, but it's going to take a couple of years (at least) unless they hire Popeye or some other super hero.

Basically...just let everyone push you around. There are gifts that you can give to influence certain variables, too. But fail Mina's quest and be a noodle (Freudian term....) and have your destiny score go into the minus column.
Thanks! So, what exactly defines the dark path thus far, and into the future? What are the stakes?

WuzzyFuzzy

Jan 23, 2020
Anyone else have the issue where Mina not only wrecks your life but your phone ui scaling?

View attachment 3363680

Presumably this means I can't click any comment links on flitter in the future?

Getting there now....I'm just hoping, praying, the buildup stays consistent with the prior story; there's one thing that could ruin it for me but I won't jinx it before I get there....
Yeah the phone app, specifically the Flitter app is borked.

WuzzyFuzzy

Jan 23, 2020
Thanks! So, what exactly defines the dark path thus far, and into the future? What are the stakes?
Some clues are in the story Melissa is writing. Does the MC conquer some or all the women? Does he become a cuck who enjoys the humiliation? Does he run away with one girl? I don't know the mind of the dev team, but there are a lot of possibilities. Earlier in this thread EON answered some of how the scoring system works. See this post: https://f95zone.to/threads/winter-warmth-v0-1-9-6-powerplower.132204/post-12422455

Reactions: mickster101

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022

Unfortunately though - some of the current forced decisions suggest otherwise; though perhaps that's subject to change.

I'm referring to stuff like if your overall power score is a specific value/path, it'll restrict choices when you visit bake shop with Amelie or help her cook, etc.

Which is very unfortunate, there's little point to having character-specific variables if a global MC variable overrides them. But again, this could just be current and not future.

Phanan3

Dec 25, 2019
Is mina quest bugged in this version? I refuse to help her in the park but she never sends a message to continue the quest t_t

WuzzyFuzzy

Jan 23, 2020
Unfortunately though - some of the current forced decisions suggest otherwise; though perhaps that's subject to change.

I'm referring to stuff like if your overall power score is a specific value/path, it'll restrict choices when you visit bake shop with Amelie or help her cook, etc.

Which is very unfortunate, there's little point to having character-specific variables if a global MC variable overrides them. But again, this could just be current and not future.
hmmm...he's previously stated there will be a tutorial included in 0.2.0, so hopefully that will clear things up a bit. But in regard to the destiny score...that's individual for each person and is a relation back to the MC. So, if Melissa has a destiny score of -20, then she will look down on the MC. If her love score is high enough, though, EON stated the love score can provide a "bridge" for at least some of the negative destiny. But at the same time another character could have a positive destiny score (via interactions, gifts, etc), so theoretically that person will not look down on the MC. If they also have high enough love score then I take that as likely to have a non-humiliating, positive relationship.

Low destiny = character looks down on the MC
High destiny = character looks up to the MC
Powerscore (MC) = how good or bad the MC is. (Morals? Don't know how good or bad is defined.)
Corruption = Not how far out of the character's comfort zone one behaves; rather, the comfort zone itself has changed resulting in a new normative behavior.
Love (quoting EON):
"Love is closer to what you described in the corruption part. If someone is normally very loyal, kind. But she has been corrupted enough and sees you as a beta that absolutely needs and wants to get humiliated. Love will bridge that. Same the other way around. The stats sometimes have other effects. If as example someone would win the lottery, it would depend on love how much they split with you."

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
hmmm...he's previously stated there will be a tutorial included in 0.2.0, so hopefully that will clear things up a bit. But in regard to the destiny score...that's individual for each person and is a relation back to the MC. So, if Melissa has a destiny score of -20, then she will look down on the MC. If her love score is high enough, though, EON stated the love score can provide a "bridge" for at least some of the negative destiny. But at the same time another character could have a positive destiny score (via interactions, gifts, etc), so theoretically that person will not look down on the MC. If they also have high enough love score then I take that as likely to have a non-humiliating, positive relationship.

Low destiny = character looks down on the MC
High destiny = character looks up to the MC
Powerscore (MC) = how good or bad the MC is. (Morals? Don't know how good or bad is defined.)
Corruption = Not how far out of the character's comfort zone one behaves; rather, the comfort zone itself has changed resulting in a new normative behavior.
Love (quoting EON):
"Love is closer to what you described in the corruption part. If someone is normally very loyal, kind. But she has been corrupted enough and sees you as a beta that absolutely needs and wants to get humiliated. Love will bridge that. Same the other way around. The stats sometimes have other effects. If as example someone would win the lottery, it would depend on love how much they split with you."
Understand that's what he's stated - I'm referring to how some choices in game are forced for the player as a function of the MC's attributes, not a specific character's attributes.

Unless I'm mistaken, it doesn't matter what say Amelie's destiny score is when you're baking with her regarding choices. It DOES matter what the MC's powerscore is. The problem is when this pidgeonholes the MC into certain dialogue routes, which presumably set certain variables with that character.

Of course I dont pretend to be an expert, and if someone more familiar with the paths/variables wants to correct me, by all means. But by outward appearance, mc's powerscore is the sole determining factor in several character interactions I've seen so far (and those characters destinies, corruption, love, etc dont even enter the equation).
Is mina quest bugged in this version? I refuse to help her in the park but she never sends a message to continue the quest t_t
I'm starting to worry about this myself as it's been awhile now, and I'm about to wrap up the level 3 strength stuff o_O

WuzzyFuzzy

Jan 23, 2020
ess I'm mistaken, it doesn't matter what say Amelie's destiny score is when you're baking with her regarding choices. It DOES matter what the MC's powerscore is. The problem is when this pidgeonholes the MC into certain dialogue routes, which presumably set certain variables with that character.
I need to pay closer attention to what he's saying, etc. I think I will manipulate the powerscore via save editing and not ctrl (skip) through the dialog. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Pr0GamerJohnny

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
Ok yeah it appears to be bugged when starting fresh, Mina never texts back, days just repeat themselves after nora arrives and Melissa gives mc bj in bathroom...nora's questlog is perpetually stuck on "You will have to wait a couple of days before hearing about Nora again."

AER201812

Jan 13, 2018
to unlock scenes in the new gallery you need to begin from scratch again, if you use a old save the new scenes dont unlock, it needs a unlock all button
Explain to me...... What new scenes did you find playing from scratch beside those i wrote about?????????

I started from the end of the chapter. Melissa BJ after Ex wife meeting in the bathroom.
Then i did only Melissa... Yoga then she was suppose to meet me in the lounge... Livingroom??? Never met her anywhere. She send me a text to do a scene on Sunday, thats why i waited with Mina quest. But it was only same HJ by the computer.
I did then Mina quest. I said Yes, then Hot scene with Melissa blowing Ted and thats it....
I scrolled 3 weeks, every Sunday same scene, Melissa corruption now 76 and
I diddnt find anything else...
When i said No to Mina on Sunday, then Ted appers at home but Melissa throw him out, thats it.

AER201812

Jan 13, 2018
When you did the Mina question, from what point where you starting? Did you already have her messaging you from prior save? Or was it from very start before you choose to help or not?
Read my playthrough.... I dont understand what you are asking about???????

3.40 star(s) 18 Votes