Wolf RPG WIP [WIP Translation] Youmaen: The Magic Academy of Loli Succubi

Serifyn

Oct 31, 2019
I haven't given up at all, I'm just very slow. But there is progress at least, so I'll definitely get it done at some point. I can't give an ETA in case I encounter unforeseen troubles, but it will be done!
Don't worry about it Anon, I'm far more concerned about you losing your mind translating incessant baby talk shit.

Reactions: Spetzghast
May 10, 2018
I'd say give the guy atleast 2 months before we start checking to see if he is alive.

we can ask again during christmas time.

maybe a finished tl can be our christmas present if we have the luck

Reactions: Mistervd
May 10, 2018
Getting the speaker's name to display in English was surprisingly difficult to achieve. I can see why so many fallen.

View attachment 1409869

I'm still not 100% on whether I'll try this, I might wait to see if there's any confirmation the others have given up. I feel like I'd need to assemble a couple of people to help with auxiliary stuff like image editing and resolving any technical issues.
Also not completely sure if we are talking about the same guy but a guy who was working on lonesome spirit gave up on it soon after the release of R.
Saying something along the lines of it made him question the quality of his work.

that or its on a hiatus

Jul 16, 2017
You mean this guy?

He basically said he'd bitten off more than he could chew so had given up. I've offered to help and he said he'd be keen in a couple of months, so just waiting on what happens there. If he ultimately decides not to continue, I'm not sure whether I'll pick it up myself.

Serifyn

Oct 31, 2019
I'd say give the guy atleast 2 months before we start checking to see if he is alive.

we can ask again during christmas time.

maybe a finished tl can be our christmas present if we have the luck
The translator literally posted in this thread 4 hours before you did, talk about disrespect. Although i hope he can one day finish the translation i'm not putting any kind of timetable on it; he said hes still working on it.

The amount of entitlement for a free translation is ridiculous, especially translating something that is genuinely unfun like this title.

Mistervd

Nov 25, 2017
The translator literally posted in this thread 4 hours before you did, talk about disrespect. Although i hope he can one day finish the translation i'm not putting any kind of timetable on it; he said hes still working on it.

The amount of entitlement for a free translation is ridiculous, especially translating something that is genuinely unfun like this title.
I was wondering why you were so retarded until I saw your name. Read the thread next time before speaking nonsense, that was a inside joke about this translation.

Serifyn

Oct 31, 2019
I was wondering why you were so retarded until I saw your name. Read the thread next time before speaking nonsense, that was a inside joke about this translation.
Speaking of entitlement. Why don't i start calling you Misterentitlement?

I've been posting on this thread since 2020, i'm well aware of the joke, infact i'm one of the people who originally made it.

May 10, 2018
Speaking of entitlement. Why don't i start calling you Misterentitlement?

I've been posting on this thread since 2020, i'm well aware of the joke, infact i'm one of the people who originally made it.
The hell?
I was saying people should atleast wait 2 months before assuming he's been took, its kinda ridiculous for people to start assuming the tl has been given up on before that much time has passed to me was all.
Calm your tits.

J-V1

May 1, 2018
ok, let's be serious for a moment. we all know the deal with this cursed game, and i think whenever someone asks about progress, we're just having fun.
you know, like "the new translator hasn't posted anything in two days, do you think they died?"

we all know countless translators across the years have tried and failed to translate this game. we know this isn't a game you translate in 5 minutes. most of us watching this thread have been watching it for a long time now. we know.

so, i honestly don't think update requests are being done with the intention of rushing the translator, they are being done with the intention of poking fun at the curse this game has

tzer

Apr 30, 2018
You mean this guy?

He basically said he'd bitten off more than he could chew so had given up. I've offered to help and he said he'd be keen in a couple of months, so just waiting on what happens there. If he ultimately decides not to continue, I'm not sure whether I'll pick it up myself.
Damn it i wanted it translated because of the collab im an mgq nerd...
Wait he is still going to do it just have a break and collaborate with another translator YAY

Also yeah its unlikely it aint gonna be manually translated so shove it in deepl or use textractor..

Last edited:

Blackh20

Feb 20, 2018
I haven't given up at all, I'm just very slow. But there is progress at least, so I'll definitely get it done at some point. I can't give an ETA in case I encounter unforeseen troubles, but it will be done!
is there a place we can follow the progress on or donate to get early access to the translation? I'm not sure how far in you are but being able to play some rather than non of the game translated would be awesome. thanks

Blade415

Sep 2, 2018
is there a place we can follow the progress on or donate to get early access to the translation? I'm not sure how far in you are but being able to play some rather than non of the game translated would be awesome. thanks
What that guy said.

vaan21

Feb 19, 2019
Almost 2 months since your last post would like to check if your still alive or became their snack already....

Spetzghast

Dec 17, 2017
How do you patch the game with the partial translation files? It has two folders named "BasicData" and "Translation" and I don't know where to put them.
I've been having the same issue. I used this translation on the game before but I can't remember how I did it the first time, years ago.

I own the game and when I go into the main files of it, /sys/data/ has BasicData.wolf. Now I remember you could use TouhouSE to extract a folder from .wolf files. It's how Together has handled some of their translations recently. But for some reason when I attempt to open it, nothing happens; the folder isn't made like it usually is. I feel like I'm close to figuring this out, I'm just screwing up somehow.

Feb 24, 2020
Expect something for Christmas. Not the entire game, but the first partial.

Also, this game isn't particularly hard to translate. The minigames were easy to translate. The true problem of this game, however, is that there is a chance some files wille be erased or corrupted whenever you inject the translation. I use Translator++ and the WolfRPG Editor and it happened with both. It wasn't a problem at first when only some pictures were missing or impossible to open. A simple transfer from a fresh backup was all it took to solve the issue. I stopped taking it with a smile when the folder I used as the base had important files missing from it as well. And by that, I mean files I had translated.

I think the true issue with this game that made so many translators quit isn't the baby talk or the sheer amount of dialogues; it's the fact that this game likes to screw your progress over. I was getting ready to release the first partial patch by May when it happened for the first time. I lost my progress twice in total.

Now, I have so many backups it's not even funny anymore. I kinda lost my motivation during summer because I had to retranslate stuff I had already translated before, which is why I stopped giving news. But that issue is under control now, and I seriously hope I'll never face something like that again. I apologize for not telling you about this before. I thought I had caused those problems at first somehow and wanted to take responsibility for it by working twice as hard like a beast of labor to make up for it, but it's only when it happened again for no good reason that I understood I wasn't the cause and snapped.

Now, I just hope I haven't disappointed you too much. And don't worry, it won't take as long to release the other partial patches. This I can guarantee.

This fucking game, I swear.

Serifyn

Oct 31, 2019
In other words this is like the Mount Everest of translations, complete with the treacherous footing and scattered bodies of unfinished translations left dead along the way.

Lets hope you are the first to plant your flag at it's top and finally put this fucker behind you.

Gummiel

Jul 16, 2019
Expect something for Christmas. Not the entire game, but the first partial.

Also, this game isn't particularly hard to translate. The minigames were easy to translate. The true problem of this game, however, is that there is a chance some files wille be erased or corrupted whenever you inject the translation. I use Translator++ and the WolfRPG Editor and it happened with both. It wasn't a problem at first when only some pictures were missing or impossible to open. A simple transfer from a fresh backup was all it took to solve the issue. I stopped taking it with a smile when the folder I used as the base had important files missing from it as well. And by that, I mean files I had translated.

I think the true issue with this game that made so many translators quit isn't the baby talk or the sheer amount of dialogues; it's the fact that this game likes to screw your progress over. I was getting ready to release the first partial patch by May when it happened for the first time. I lost my progress twice in total.

Now, I have so many backups it's not even funny anymore. I kinda lost my motivation during summer because I had to retranslate stuff I had already translated before, which is why I stopped giving news. But that issue is under control now, and I seriously hope I'll never face something like that again. I apologize for not telling you about this before. I thought I had caused those problems at first somehow and wanted to take responsibility for it by working twice as hard like a beast of labor to make up for it, but it's only when it happened again for no good reason that I understood I wasn't the cause and snapped.

Now, I just hope I haven't disappointed you too much. And don't worry, it won't take as long to release the other partial patches. This I can guarantee.

This fucking game, I swear.
This really makes me wonder WTF the original devs did to make that kind for stuff happen, files shouldn't really just go missing for no reason. Almost makes it sound like the game truly is cursed in some way xD

gears2260

Aug 25, 2018
Guys, I have to confess. There is no curse. I am just that unlucky to ever get translation of the game. All the manga I love either gets axed, their authors pass away and translation groups disappear.