VN Ren'Py Witch Hunter Trainer [2023-08-07] [Team Borsch]

2.70 star(s) 60 Votes

Dinker

May 15, 2017
Also delete the .rpyc version of that file and relaunch the game. That's the compiled version and relaunching will recreate the file with your updated code included.
Whups, this guy knows what he's talking about, yeah, forgot that. :)

Reactions: Drax008

dcmatr

Aug 23, 2016
Hey, tried modifying and deleting the .rpyc version of the file and relaunching the game gave me this error :

"
Code:
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

File "game/town_night.rpy", line 120: Line is indented, but the preceding one-line python statement statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
    jump finishde
    ^

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 6.99.12.2.20292"

Any help? Cheers!

skai

Nov 17, 2016
Hey, tried modifying and deleting the .rpyc version of the file and relaunching the game gave me this error :

"
Code:
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

File "game/town_night.rpy", line 120: Line is indented, but the preceding one-line python statement statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
    jump finishde
    ^

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 6.99.12.2.20292"

Any help? Cheers!
Just remove both lines completely and remove .rpyc file. You probably didn't comment out "jump finishde" part.
Code:
                if day ==21:
                   jump finishde

Reactions: Krull and dcmatr

Hoshi

Sep 25, 2017
Just remove both lines completely and remove .rpyc file. You probably didn't comment out "jump finishde" part.
Code:
                if day ==21:
                   jump finishde
Thx for the help from all of you guys, but everytime i delete town_night.rpyc and open the game, the file just appears again. I delete it and as soon as i open the game its back. I already did the whole Jump finishde part. How do i permanently delete town_night.rpyc?

skai

Nov 17, 2016
Thx for the help from all of you guys, but everytime i delete town_night.rpyc and open the game, the file just appears again. I delete it and as soon as i open the game its back. I already did the whole Jump finishde part. How do i permanently delete town_night.rpyc?
You don't have to delete it every time. Only when you make some changes to corresponding .rpy file. You see RenPy engine compiles "town_night.rpy" into "town_night.rpyc" and loads compiled file into game for performance reasons. So when old .rpyc file is present, engine will use it and pay no attention to .rpy file modified by you.
TL;DR remove .rpyc only after you made changes to .rpy.

Reactions: Dinker

gue5t

Sep 11, 2016
Actually there is a routine that's supposed to check if the .rpy file has changed and recompile the .rpyc file if necessary but it's not very reliable so better safe than sorry.

Hoshi

Sep 25, 2017
You don't have to delete it every time. Only when you make some changes to corresponding .rpy file. You see RenPy engine compiles "town_night.rpy" into "town_night.rpyc" and loads compiled file into game for performance reasons. So when old .rpyc file is present, engine will use it and pay no attention to .rpy file modified by you.
TL;DR remove .rpyc only after you made changes to .rpy.
Ive made all the changes for rpy, the problem is that when i open the game the town_night.rpyc simply comes back. i made all the changes in town_night.rpy already. Maybe the code is wrong? I basically just added these 2 commands in the end of the notepad: # if day ==21: # jump finishde Is that correct, or did i do something wrong?

Dinker

May 15, 2017
can we also get a change log for this?
The team isn't really releasing detailed changelogs. The last update had a couple of new quests several new characters and about 10-15 (I think?) new pieces of art? No substantial increase in content, I haven't checked the 04/07 release yet, time for bed.

sictbttwagr

Mar 9, 2017
Just that, when does the game end in v0.25? Does the circus start?
In 0.25, I believe the game ends at the festival thing in town. The circus doesn't really start. If you have v0.25+1 (i.e. part 1 of the hopefully soon update), there's an additional scene in the woods with some circus performers.

evoR

Mar 22, 2018
I wonder what they said here

2.70 star(s) 60 Votes