dsp0

Jul 29, 2018
Gift shipments disappearing, is this a known bug? This happened a few times already, I click on the package and the items are not added to the inventory. I'm not sure if I can see a pattern as to what triggers it. Is this a known problem?

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
He obviously hasn't read the books judging by his description of Luna.
True. Though in switching the characters to a more sexual stereotype, Luna's odd, slightly ditzy style in the books does lend itself to the Blonde Bimbo stereotype, even if she is probably the wisest character in the books.

StratoSquir

Jan 19, 2018
He obviously hasn't read the books judging by his description of Luna.
i was talking about how they're protrayed in the game, but it's alright guys,
i asked J.K about it, and she told me she confirms
"Luna was actually a blonde-bimbo with BBC and cuckhold fetishes" -J.K Rowling
i asked her if she was gonna tweet about-it, but she told me she still need to tell you about Ron's actual gender

Only one problem with your stereotypes, Hermione's a brunette. Ginny is the redhead, but sadly she's not in this game yet.
jokes asides you're right
Ginny is a redhead, but Susan is also-one, so there is a redhead in the game
it just happens that it's not Ginny

Mar 21, 2018
Question; How do I leave the office? I don't see no map, and the door is simply "Summon." How do I get out?
Edit: Nevermind... I did not expect the map to be on the damned desk.

Hendrik07

Oct 30, 2018
I have been stuck with Hermone at 5 whoring 0 reputation and 5 tutoring for ages ever since griffindor got in the lead, so I've been grinding "hangout with Snipe" is this really the only way to progress at this point? Training returns "not now" or something and favors she does not need because of the lead. Is there something that I am missing?
There is the cheat option to give Slytherin more points.

Reactions: dsp0

dsp0

Jul 29, 2018
Question; How do I leave the office? I don't see no map, and the door is simply "Summon." How do I get out?
Edit: Nevermind... I did not expect the map to be on the damned desk.
You more or less do not leave the office. You'll find a map in the cupboard (or is it on the desk right away?) early on to visit some places in the school, but everything happens in your office. The game starts a bit slow and confusing, but is worth the initial confusion and slowness later on.

Last edited:

dsp0

Jul 29, 2018
There is the cheat option to give Slytherin more points.
Thanks! I ground it out in the end. Luckilly I had Cho to interact with in the meantime, not just Snape... Still the point system is too limiting in the beginning and without a guide it took me ages to figure out what the banners were. I'm enjoying the game regardless, but something to help "userfrendliness" is probably needed.

dsp0

Jul 29, 2018
Futa is also an optional side effect of the Lactanium potion that you can get from Snape at some point. You must have used it twice before the option becomes available.
Hm, I just tried it and it did not work. Snape offered to modify the potion, but all the interactions with Hermoine (text and art), seem to be the same as the second milking potion. Bug or not implemented?

dsp0

Jul 29, 2018
how does the potions works?
made them all, but whenever i try to use them in the Wardrobe menu it only say " [Text] "
except for the Transparency-potion whichlet me permanentely alter some cloth, but the other option is greyed-out
Use them during the day instead. This [Text] thing happens in the evening.

tyga

May 10, 2018
We don't maintain the parent post in this thread but we post updates here as a bunch of people on the team came from here.
Is there a different post somewhere on F95 that you comment silver development more frequently on?

Hadrik

Feb 13, 2019
I love it the mod really did give a new story and flesh out characters however i wish theres an ending where you get to keep hermione or harem instead of leaving her it just leaves a bitter taste for me

Netori Popeye

Sep 7, 2017
I love it the mod really did give a new story and flesh out characters however i wish theres an ending where you get to keep hermione or harem instead of leaving her it just leaves a bitter taste for me
I do believe the endings will be expanded eventually. The original game was kind of rushed with a lot of wasted potential.

• Love
Reactions: Hadrik

Johnny28

Game Developer
Feb 7, 2018
Is there a different post somewhere on F95 that you comment silver development more frequently on?
No, we generally stick to our Discord in terms of chatting and updating the community on what we're working on. Our Github repository is also open for anyone to download and try out the dev versions/check commits for themselves. Although we never recommend playing the dev version for fun as it will have bugs and missing content..

Reactions: Netori Popeye

Johnny28

Game Developer
Feb 7, 2018
Thanks! I ground it out in the end. Luckilly I had Cho to interact with in the meantime, not just Snape... Still the point system is too limiting in the beginning and without a guide it took me ages to figure out what the banners were. I'm enjoying the game regardless, but something to help "userfrendliness" is probably needed.
There's a tooltip option in the preferences menu that should show up on the bottom. The Tooltips should be on by default though:
1568056199121.png

In the next version of the game tooltips will show up like this as well which should make it more obvious as well:
1568056251934.png

I do believe in terms of points Tonks will also award points in the next version as well. You should try out the original and see how grindy it used to be though! If you have suggestions in terms of userfriendlyness make sure to let us know. We have a suggestion channel on Discord, that's a good place for discussing specifics.

Reactions: Netori Popeye

dsp0

Jul 29, 2018
I do not have a discord account, so I'll just comment here.

There's a tooltip option in the preferences menu that should show up on the bottom. The Tooltips should be on by default though:
Yes, the tooltips were on, and I believe I noticed them where they are early on, thought having them in place (floating), should help visibility. The problem with the banner tooltip currently is that it does not explain what the banners mean. To add to it the money does not have a commonly recognizable symbol (how about a '$'?). I was initially wondering if banners were some kind or resources (including money). It took me a while to figure out that they were "house" points and what gameplay importance they had. It took me even longer to know which were griffendor and slitherin (the only two that actually matter, correct?). A tooltip saying "griffendor points", "slitherin points," "gold", "current date", would help eleviate some of the confusion. Alternatively a small help page in the game menu describing interface elements and gameplay elements, such as character stats and goals would help. It can also include some basic hints, like needing to be freinds with Snape.

Many games start with a tutorial. I know it would be contrary to the plot line of being thrown into an unknown location by a spell, still you want the new players to get enough information to continue playing instead of leaving in bewilderment and frustration. As is, the gameplay development is slow at the begining even without the confusion. Do not rely on new players knowing that the game world is based on the Harry books and knowing every detail in the books. I actually read some of them a while back (despise not being the target age group), and I do not remember ginis or sexual harassment, so similarities are not 100% to be absolutely honest here.

I do believe in terms of points Tonks will also award points in the next version as well. You should try out the original and see how grindy it used to be though! If you have suggestions in terms of userfriendlyness make sure to let us know. We have a suggestion channel on Discord, that's a good place for discussing specifics.
Nah, I could not be bothered with the original, just like the majority of the "trainers" that I tried. This is the first one I actually enjoyed playing despite occasional warts. Might have even downloaded it (the original) in the past and dropped it.

I do not know how I got the slitherin so behind, but I had to forget about Hermoine for some 20 to 40 turns. I had to max out Snape and Cho in the meantime (to where she wants Hermoine to strip first), before Hermoine returned into the gameplay. I am sure that I did not take the most optimal strategy in the process, which should be expected for the first time play-though. This may be at least in part the result of not understanding the banners, so I am not sure if there is a huge problem here, but maybe small re-balancing of the points is needed too.

I currently have everyone (except Luna whom I do not have yet) at the maximum story progression with the exception of Hermoine. And she is the first one you get. One more thing that probably adds to unnecessary grinding is not knowing what activity would move the stats forward and the package delivery bug. A number of times I'd try something with Hermoine, loose out in slitherin vs griffendor points and get her angry (without progressing the stats), spend my available money on gifts to mollify her and after several days get the package, open it and nothing would be added to the inventory, so I have to wait again. The money is not too difficult to get in the game, but with the package bug it becomes a little limiting, not to mention the time lost on the delivery. Needless to say that the bug needs to be fixed, but regardless the delayed goods delivery is absolutely unnecessary for the story of the game and is counterproductive to enjoyable gameplay. Gini goes to a physical store, why can he not pick the stuff up on the spot? I guess the custom clothing could take time to make, but even so it is a game in a magic world, so why should it?

Speaking of the package bug when I open it first time it would say in a pop-up what was supposed to be in it. Sometimes, I'd get diferent things added to the inventory sometimes nothing at all. I tried saving before opening the package several times and trying again from save, but then the package simply disappears with no pop-up (and still nothing added).

4.10 star(s) 75 Votes