puller123

Aug 14, 2017
That's a complicated one that I've talked about with the team. We're a bit unsure what the general response would be if it were to move to the games section. There's always going to be some people having an issue with it but on the other hand if the purpose of the games section is to notify people that there's a new update then perhaps it should be on there. In the end it's the ones that runs this website that would have to make that descission. WT:Silver is a bit of a weird one compared to most mods in terms of amount of content. Silver has now reached the point that just in terms of writing it's more than double the size of the original game. The mod has also been around for a long time and has continued to be updated.

In the end whatever section f95zone puts the mod it's not really our descission. We don't maintain the parent post in this thread but we post updates here as a bunch of people on the team came from here.

Tbh when they redid latest updates I was hoping they would add mods as a category. There are a few that are massive. Like the adam and gaia mods, this one, some mods for incubus city (I know I'm leaving folks out here). Maybe something like a trending or popular mods section for ones with a large amount of content. I'd call this an expansion or a dlc, but at this point it has so much content it's more like a remake. Which go in the games section all the time. I don't think many people would be miffed at this popping up in there.

Reactions: Stripes001
Mar 21, 2018
How do I check the calendar? Can't find out how to open it so I can check when the damn Prom thing is.
And also... Will there be any sex scenes for Astoria Greengrass? I'm really liking her.

Bummenphist

Jul 21, 2018
I love it the mod really did give a new story and flesh out characters however i wish theres an ending where you get to keep hermione or harem instead of leaving her it just leaves a bitter taste for me
I like the harem idea. Maybe an option where you have to go back, but you can hand her over to Snape as his own personal slave? Or give/sell her to Slytherin. Towards the end she seems to get off on humiliation, so maybe win/win?

TropeCode

Witch Trainer: Silver
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2019
Yes, the tooltips were on, and I believe I noticed them where they are early on, thought having them in place (floating), should help visibility. The problem with the banner tooltip currently is that it does not explain what the banners mean. To add to it the money does not have a commonly recognizable symbol (how about a '$'?). I was initially wondering if banners were some kind or resources (including money). It took me a while to figure out that they were "house" points and what gameplay importance they had. It took me even longer to know which were griffendor and slitherin (the only two that actually matter, correct?). A tooltip saying "griffendor points", "slitherin points," "gold", "current date", would help eleviate some of the confusion. Alternatively a small help page in the game menu describing interface elements and gameplay elements, such as character stats and goals would help. It can also include some basic hints, like needing to be freinds with Snape.

Many games start with a tutorial. I know it would be contrary to the plot line of being thrown into an unknown location by a spell, still you want the new players to get enough information to continue playing instead of leaving in bewilderment and frustration. As is, the gameplay development is slow at the begining even without the confusion. Do not rely on new players knowing that the game world is based on the Harry books and knowing every detail in the books. I actually read some of them a while back (despise not being the target age group), and I do not remember ginis or sexual harassment, so similarities are not 100% to be absolutely honest here.

Nah, I could not be bothered with the original, just like the majority of the "trainers" that I tried. This is the first one I actually enjoyed playing despite occasional warts. Might have even downloaded it (the original) in the past and dropped it.

I do not know how I got the slitherin so behind, but I had to forget about Hermoine for some 20 to 40 turns. I had to max out Snape and Cho in the meantime (to where she wants Hermoine to strip first), before Hermoine returned into the gameplay. I am sure that I did not take the most optimal strategy in the process, which should be expected for the first time play-though. This may be at least in part the result of not understanding the banners, so I am not sure if there is a huge problem here, but maybe small re-balancing of the points is needed too.

I currently have everyone (except Luna whom I do not have yet) at the maximum story progression with the exception of Hermoine. And she is the first one you get. One more thing that probably adds to unnecessary grinding is not knowing what activity would move the stats forward and the package delivery bug. A number of times I'd try something with Hermoine, loose out in slitherin vs griffendor points and get her angry (without progressing the stats), spend my available money on gifts to mollify her and after several days get the package, open it and nothing would be added to the inventory, so I have to wait again. The money is not too difficult to get in the game, but with the package bug it becomes a little limiting, not to mention the time lost on the delivery. Needless to say that the bug needs to be fixed, but regardless the delayed goods delivery is absolutely unnecessary for the story of the game and is counterproductive to enjoyable gameplay. Gini goes to a physical store, why can he not pick the stuff up on the spot? I guess the custom clothing could take time to make, but even so it is a game in a magic world, so why should it?

Speaking of the package bug when I open it first time it would say in a pop-up what was supposed to be in it. Sometimes, I'd get diferent things added to the inventory sometimes nothing at all. I tried saving before opening the package several times and trying again from save, but then the package simply disappears with no pop-up (and still nothing added).
I agree that this game could benefit from a short how-to-play guide or help page for new players. The original Witch Trainer had that. On the other hand, much of how the game works can be gathered from the in-game dialog, which additionally provides clues on who to talk to next and how to progress. A bit of trial and error is also part of the 'fun' to some extent (and this game does not prevent you from trying again).

As for the resources display in the interface, what could be more clear than a literal sack of gold coins to represent money (wizards don't use dollars anyway). Individual tooltips for the house points would be nice though.

The delivery time for items adds a little bit of a planning element to the game. Maybe it doesn't make too much sense for items that would probably be in stock, but it works as a mechanic. The bug is annoying, though.

How do I check the calendar? Can't find out how to open it so I can check when the damn Prom thing is.
And also... Will there be any sex scenes for Astoria Greengrass? I'm really liking her.
There is no calendar. The Autumn Ball will be held after you get the ball dress for Hermione, so you can even postpone it indefinitely.

Astoria will be changed (both appearance and storyline) in future updates, but sex scenes with her are to be expected eventually (not in the next update, though).

Last edited:
Reactions: Netori Popeye

horatz

Aug 20, 2017
If you put aside small bugs now and then, the project seems to be managed well overall and it's amazing how small mod become larger and better by every metric then the original. I am just genuinely hooked on updates now. Let's see how far this can go.

TheRemover

Nov 30, 2017
New update should be just around the corner (the estimate was 1-2 weeks on 2nd of Sept, but we all know how these estimates don't always translate to reality too well), so hold fast guys. Really looking forward to seeing what they've done with Tonks, I always liked her as a character. Fortunately, I've been too preoccupied with other stuff to actually take a good look at 1.36, so I'll tide myself over with that until 1.37 comes out.

yamadakun

Jul 4, 2018
Are there plans to add the new wardrobe to Hermione and Luna as well?
Also, will Luna receive more clothing options? Choices for her are very limited right now.

TropeCode

Witch Trainer: Silver
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2019
Are there plans to add the new wardrobe to Hermione and Luna as well?
Also, will Luna receive more clothing options? Choices for her are very limited right now.
Hermione and Luna will be converted to the new wardrobe system eventually. Just not yet in the next update.

I don't know about more clothing options for Luna, but the priority for now seems to be giving all characters a basic amount of visual content first.

Reactions: yamadakun

StratoSquir

Jan 19, 2018
it's sad you're gonna change Astoria, because she seemed to be a really good female-partner (as "in crime") to the Genie
She got that cute "must protecc" aesthetic, but she's deviant enough to bring him girls to corrupt
She'd work wonders as a "studient-daughteru" who just bring him other studients to learn magic at their expenses
She could bring Luna to the Genie for exemple
It would make more sense than Hermione just bringing her to the genie because Luna is "insane"

so yeah, imo
there's just something wholesome about her being the only-one with Snape being friendly to the genie without anything sexual about-it
I think it would be perfectly fine to take away any nudity/sex-scenes for Astoria, but keep her as a loli/daughteru
not every-females need to be lewded/romanced, especially if she's gonna bring you other girls to lewd instead

aside of that, how do we get the Basilic-Scale, isn't it in the game yet?

Akuma-Heika

Feb 14, 2018
I used a sliding block puzzle solver. It's a hassle to rearrange it so that you understand how it works, but if you really want to solve the puzzle and you can't normally, then use this website:
Can you add a image of beginning and end states for that solver? I am unsure of the final image (pretty sure of 8 blocks, but the remainder is a little iffy). WIth those two states, I can watch the solver complete it.

Azraelith

May 1, 2019
Jeez, this game. THIS GAME! I came in expecting a wank, not to fucking bust my gut over some of the frankly hilarious commentary here. So far I'm loving what I've played and have only got Hermione up to 11. But maaaaaan, the commentary with snape, greengrass, and nymphadora is so good. I've had to pause playing because I've gotten whammed and started laughing. Good game so far, will keep an eye on this and keep playing.

4.10 star(s) 75 Votes