Toybirdy

Oct 11, 2017
Hermione sex scene preview - By our new Artist, Kitsunearts!

View attachment 422444

Hi everybody!
We're more than excited to finally reveal the upcoming sex scene for Hermione, and welcome Kitsunearts to the team!

She will be drawing several scenes for the game, in the same style and quality as seen in the preview, including multiple variants to it - like different poses and expressions for each of the characters.

We've decided to share this preview publicly, so everybody can see the art your patronage and support will allow us to commission.

The scene will be included in the upcoming update for Silver - update 1.38.
But for now, please enjoy this preview. :)

We’re very excited to be working with her. And thanks to your support, we'll be able to commission even more elaborate scenes in the future!

Team Silver

Please follow and support her on her social sites, to see even more of the awesome art she creates!

You can support the game on our Witch Trainer: Silver Patreon page:
ask this girl to watch aladdin and try to make the genie look like genie cause this "genie" face does noty look anything like a white human color genie... >.>

Toybirdy

Oct 11, 2017
Just because something was broken for years doesn't necessarily mean it should be left in that state. We're in the middle of Hermione character conversion into new wardrobe systems and since we're gonna have to redraw most of her clothes and body model, might as well fix her posture. Keep in mind we made a poll to let you guys decide if you like the changes, the majority decided almost unanimously, 85% of you opted in favour of the changes while 15% decided against them. The numbers don't lie. ;)

Saves made with version 1.37 and higher are compatible, please make sure you've installed the patch correctly. If you encounter any other problems loading the save try saving the game in the main room with no other characters around. Doing so will help with saves compatibility.

Permanent breast/ass expansion potions won't be added any time soon, they're too cumbersome to deal with because they require twice as much art including CG and clothes variants. It is not something we'd like to do for the next update and we believe it is more beneficial for the project if we put our focus elsewhere, for example; moving story forward, creating more chibis,implementing new gameplay mechanics or create additional art.

1.37.3 patch added additional, temporal cheat for Cho's stats at the end of the Quidditch Match which allows you to play with the wardrobe freely.

Currently Hardcore difficulty has more grind and a couple of additional dialogue lines and choices, nothing major though. You won't lose much by choosing normal or easy.
save still does not work for 1.37.3... when i try to load my 1.37.2 save file i just takes me bak to main menu. and i just transfered my save folder to the new 1.37.3 game folder. tried to patch version to didnt work taht good either.

Ganainm

Oct 19, 2018
I imagine that "temporal cheat" was meant to read "temporary cheat", which I assumed means that it won't be there in 1.38, by which time additional Cho content will hopefully have made it unnecessary.
I doubt two different people would make the same typo like that, but anything is possible. Either way, there is no new cheat in the cho section of the cheat menu. I poked around real quick in the code, found the relevant variable and altered it myself, so I'm good.

Bummenphist

Jul 21, 2018
I am loving the extra interaction with Tonks. The possibilities for further storylines and interaction with possible new characters (I hope), even if to a lesser extent than Tonks is very exciting. Also, if I understand it correctly, the levels with Hermione and Tonks makes it much more satisfying when you achieve new things with them. I know how hard it is to do this stuff, so I am content to let the devs take whatever time they need to get this right. The small updates keep the interest up, so please keep up the excellent work.

AR21

Mar 19, 2017
ask this girl to watch aladdin and try to make the genie look like genie cause this "genie" face does noty look anything like a white human color genie... >.>
Can't say I love that art,the genie looks even more weird and the Hermione looks like an anime character.

sieggi858

Nov 5, 2018
The new art isn't bad by any means, it just doesn't look like the Witch Trainer we've been playing forever. This game has been out for years. Shoehorning a new art style of the two main characters would totally break the immersion of the game for me. I stated earlier that seeing the new Astoria took me aback. I wasn't ready for that and thought the old one was fine. I'd prefer new sexy clothes and finishing the storylines with the current girls, but that's just me. I suppose it's the fear of change (Get off my lawn!).

All that complaining being said, I'll withhold judgment until I see the final product. I can't possibly know what it's like to build on a game as renown as this and it can't be easy. Especially with assholes like myself complaining to you every day.

I love the work that's been done by SSG thus far. I have a lot of respect for you guys (and even the new artist who is no doubt insanely talented). I can't imagine all the work that has been put into extending this game. The story tweaks and additions, dialogue, the clothes and costumes added, they're all amazing and have made this game 10x's better than what it once was. I look forward to the new mods. Thank you for your hard work and good luck.

I hope the devs don't get too disheartened. All we all want is a continuation of Akaburs work. Its a shame that Akabur didn't realize what a goldmine of a game he has on his hands and just did nothing with it after the initial release plus few updates. I'd be happy if Akabur revisited WT and created new characters and content so we could all have years more of this ti come

bobsen

Jul 21, 2017
The artist just needs to iterate on the piece until it looks right. Same with the new Astoria model - everyone with at least 1 eyeball can see that the line weight and colours are off.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
um u see the genie eyes in other akabur games he looks like a white genie instead of blue
he is depowered in those.

I'd be happy if Akabur revisited WT and created new characters and content so we could all have years more of this ti come
yes but with his workspeed in starchannel we'd have to wait few years to see completed game.

Johnny28

Game Developer
Feb 7, 2018
While I understand that artists would have their own styles, aren't they also hired for a specific job? Wouldn't the ability to be able to match existing artwork be just as marketable as their own unique style? Also, don't they have files to work with? Photoshop or whatever package they use with the basic characters models? Please don't take this as criticism, the work they do is incredible and I have nothing but admiration for them.
We've been very open with our artist search for the past 8 months to have someone do commissionwork on many different platforms related to NSFW art and adult game development. I've asked artists that draws in a similar style that is fans of the original work and they usually politely decline. Finding someone that is both able to work within our budget and spend a lot of time to adapt their style isn't easy because most freelance artists build a brand for themselves and deviating too much from that means that once their time with the game is done people would expect that sort of style.

We see a lot of people complaining about art, I see complaints about literally every character that has been added that aren't the original ones. It's really hard for us to distinguish constructive critisism sometimes when most of what we get is "It doesn't look the same". This mod has been going for 5 years and it's not like we're unaproachable by artists that are want to work on it. Akaburs style is hard to master because it's a bit of a mix between Disney and Anime and it leans in different direction depending on the character and follows different rules than most artists are used to.

Finding an artist that can do the style and is available and willing to work on the game is difficult. There's many things that needs to align for all those things to happen. The fact that there's so much critique being thrown at them when they're still working on adapting their style is enough for a freelance artist to decide against working on a project like this. This project is hard to work on because it's a mod. There's rarely original files to work with and we're in the process of re-tracing/improving existing models to make it easier for artists to work on.

The thing is, we also want the best for the project as well as you guys. The majority of the team joined it because they're fans of it. Art being an issue with it has been obvious since the mod started. I've spoken to other game devs that has had to swap artists before and what we're basically hoping on is the "Third alternative". I spoke to the main dev of "A third Crisis" cause they swapped artist and they redid all of the characters. That's not really viable for us because people wouldn't like that. The other one that I spoke to is the main dev for the "Rogue like" mod, he actually contacted us to see how we dealt with this issue and I was unable to give him a good answer other than good luck. In their case their artist is even talking to the dev of the game to adapt their style. It's a struggle that maybe at some point once we've either worked with an artist to adapt their style, the fans are okay with meeting half way in terms of style so that the project can proceed properly. Or if an artist approaches us showing that they know how to draw in the style to a high enough quallity that people expect.

We're currently working with an artist that is working on adapting their style so we'll see where that leads as well but it's a longer process that has been going since end of June so we'll see if that leads anywhere. We can just ask for peoples patience and take the project for what it is right now, we appreaciate all the feedback and work to adjust things as we go.

Last edited:

IG88a

Oct 9, 2019
My Two cents as a lurker, if this was an independent new game with that level of art it'd be an instant hard pass on that alone.

Mo's bodies weren't perfect, yes he cut and recycled assets (which is what you should just come to terms with continuing to do), but it was in the style. I know that he isn't able to do it going into the future, but if you can't find someone else to keep to the style constraints a lot of us are more than fine with the massive UI updates, new characters, and new storylines even if they stay text based. It's Witch Trainer, it's what we're used to.
luna_24.jpg

Last edited:

splamo

Jun 26, 2018
Found a bug during the start of Level 3 Level (Tier?) 5 Hermoine when you ask her to give you a blowjob where her mouth is "blank" while she's sucking

Last edited:

Sangera

May 21, 2017
Can anybody can me give a short explanation what exactly what is different on NG+ Hardcore, are the scenes worth it to play through it again if you have the normal game with "probably" all events?

Johnny28

Game Developer
Feb 7, 2018
Can anybody can me give a short explanation what exactly what is different on NG+ Hardcore, are the scenes worth it to play through it again if you have the normal game with "probably" all events?
Ng+ lets you keep your money from your last playthrough. hardcore doesn't really have any more content. Some things are just harder like the fact you need to read the imagination books.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
no cheating on hardcore so slower advancing and need to buy more gifts.

swmas

Sep 4, 2017
We've been very open with our artist search for the past 8 months to have someone do commissionwork on many different platforms related to NSFW art and adult game development. I've asked artists that draws in a similar style that is fans of the original work and they usually politely decline. Finding someone that is both able to work within our budget and spend a lot of time to adapt their style isn't easy because most freelance artists build a brand for themselves and deviating too much from that means that once their time with the game is done people would expect that sort of style.

We see a lot of people complaining about art, I see complaints about literally every character that has been added that aren't the original ones. It's really hard for us to distinguish constructive critisism sometimes when most of what we get is "It doesn't look the same". This mod has been going for 5 years and it's not like we're unaproachable by artists that are want to work on it. Akaburs style is hard to master because it's a bit of a mix between Disney and Anime and it leans in different direction depending on the character and follows different rules than most artists are used to.

Finding an artist that can do the style and is available and willing to work on the game is difficult. There's many things that needs to align for all those things to happen. The fact that there's so much critique being thrown at them when they're still working on adapting their style is enough for a freelance artist to decide against working on a project like this. This project is hard to work on because it's a mod. There's rarely original files to work with and we're in the process of re-tracing/improving existing models to make it easier for artists to work on.

The thing is, we also want the best for the project as well as you guys. The majority of the team joined it because they're fans of it. Art being an issue with it has been obvious since the mod started. I've spoken to other game devs that has had to swap artists before and what we're basically hoping on is the "Third alternative". I spoke to the main dev of "A third Crisis" cause they swapped artist and they redid all of the characters. That's not really viable for us because people wouldn't like that. The other one that I spoke to is the main dev for the "Rogue like" mod, he actually contacted us to see how we dealt with this issue and I was unable to give him a good answer other than good luck. In their case their artist is even talking to the dev of the game to adapt their style. It's a struggle that maybe at some point once we've either worked with an artist to adapt their style, the fans are okay with meeting half way in terms of style so that the project can proceed properly. Or if an artist approaches us showing that they know how to draw in the style to a high enough quallity that people expect.

We're currently working with an artist that is working on adapting their style so we'll see where that leads as well but it's a longer process that has been going since end of June so we'll see if that leads anywhere. We can just ask for peoples patience and take the project for what it is right now, we appreaciate all the feedback and work to adjust things as we go.
What constructive criticism you consider useful, I said a while back Astoria looks like a body builder and I was ignored. You expect people to draw for you to show you how it should look?

Can an artist try to emulate Akabur style and contribute anonymously? Or are they only doing commissions to make a name for themselves? I wonder how is anyone planning to get real work if they insist on only drawing what they want.

You don't have a good artist but plan on revamping fucking Akabur's art? Real smart.

Reactions: Sole

TropeCode

Witch Trainer: Silver
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2019
Constructive criticism would be more along the lines of suggesting alternatives that are attainable. It has been explained several times why emulating Akabur's art style is currently not an option. Given the fact that many supporters of the mod have made known their preference for more CG and more content in general, means the team has to work with what's available.

Finding a dedicated artists who can magically draw in the correct style is just not how it works. However, that does not mean the team is giving up on the idea of staying close to the original style, but if that means delaying new CG indefinitely while most people are expecting to see some progress in that direction, it can not remain of the utmost priority. Just want to emphasise at this point that there have been many positive reactions to the new art that was recently added as well as the CG preview. It's not universally disliked and many people appreciate the effort of moving the mod forward with the prospect of adding more CG.

Insinuating that the artists currently working on this mod are "not good" or that the team is "real smart /s" for the decisions that they carefully try to make, really put your comments into the "non-constructive" category.

Edit: It's fine to say "I don't like it". That kind of feedback is important too. But if you are going to add a comment to that opinion, it's much better if it has some practical value.

Last edited:

swmas

Sep 4, 2017
Constructive criticism would be more along the lines of suggesting alternatives that are attainable. It has been explained several times why emulating Akabur's art style is currently not an option. Given the fact that many supporters of the mod have made known their preference for more CG and more content in general, means the team has to work with what's available.

Finding a dedicated artists who can magically draw in the correct style is just not how it works. However, that does not mean the team is giving up on the idea of staying close to the original style, but if that means delaying new CG indefinitely while most people are expecting to see some progress in that direction, it can not remain of the utmost priority. Just want to emphasise at this point that there have been many positive reactions to the new art that was recently added as well as the CG preview. It's not universally disliked and many people appreciate the effort of moving the mod forward with the prospect of adding more CG.

Insinuating that the artists currently working on this mod are "not good" or that the team is "real smart /s" for the decisions that they carefully try to make, really put your comments into the "non-constructive" category.

Edit: It's fine to say "I don't like it". That kind of feedback is important too. But if you are going to add a comment to that opinion, it's much better if it has some practical value.
Real smart. A wall of text to say absolutely nothing.

IG88a

Oct 9, 2019
However, that does not mean the team is giving up on the idea of staying close to the original style, but if that means delaying new CG indefinitely while most people are expecting to see some progress in that direction, it can not remain of the utmost priority.
The priority should be that it is good. It is a mod to a beloved game, not a product.

This looks like every other low budget $25 a month alpha projects slightly busted artstyle. It is amateurish. You can find dozens of starving artfags with commission sheets who can draw something with the witchtrainer characters in it at or above this level for well under $200 a CG with background and multiple characters. That doesn't mean the hole can be plugged by them.

Just want to emphasise at this point that there have been many positive reactions to the new art that was recently added as well as the CG preview. It's not universally disliked and many people appreciate the effort of moving the mod forward with the prospect of adding more CG.
Generally and universally aren't the same thing. Neither are grumblings, which most people probably feel but aren't vocal about. Astoria is in the style. This is not. It's a massive deviation completely incongruous with Akabur's CGs, Mo's CGs, and all the sprite and chibi artwork in the game. At best your claim means there is schism, but from everything I've seen it's pretty one sided across the internet. You can personally like it, but that doesn't mean it fits in witch trainer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sole

TropeCode

Witch Trainer: Silver
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2019
You're welcome to recommend artists that are taking commissions or are otherwise willing to work on the game.

4.10 star(s) 75 Votes