Johnny28

Game Developer
Feb 7, 2018
The artist did a great job and this art preview is very good.
However.... (critique incoming)
The girl does not remind me of Hermione at all, looks more like Ginny to me?
Her body does not have the same slim and sexy figure the original had, this one have big thighs, huge ass and tits.
Here face does not have the same charm to it as the old one and its hard to tell its Hermione.

I see lots of comments like this, and can only suggest to talk to your patreons before implementing the new art,
would be really sad if half of your paying costumers left because of a to quick decision. Best of luck guys!
It hasn't been a quick descission. We've been looking for and contacted artists for the past 8 months. The reallity is that most artist that are talented enough to draw something high quallity within a shorter timespan aren't willing to adapt their style too much because it would damage their own brand. If new people came to them from this game and expects it to look the same then they'd feel like they'd lost some of their own artistic integrity and might not want to work with us anymore.

I've looked extensively over this time period for artists that draws in a similar style as their natural style but Akaburs way of drawing is so unique it's pretty much impossible to find anyone that draws like him. His art is his sellingpoint for his games because it's unique, much like other artists that has found their unique style. This mod project has been going on for 5 years and I feel like if there was an artist that had interest in the project they would've sought it out by now. The reallity is that if you're looking to build your own brand as an artist it's counterintuitive to try and copy someone completely rather than draw inspiration from somebody elses work.

I've spoken to other game devs that specifically has dealt with this same situation to weigh our options. A third crisis swapped artist and they redid all of the art to match the new style. The project lead of the Rogue like Mod even came to me to ask what we did because they're struggling with the same thing. And they even have the Dev of the main game at hand to give their artist some pointers.

Right now the mod is in a state where new Sex scenes are sorely needed to progress any of the girls story without it feeling that progress takes too long as is stretched out to the point of no reward for the player. Getting an artist that would be willing to change their style and sit and practice Akaburs one enough for it to look like his is to us like finding a needle in a haystack.

I think the best we can do for now is meet half way with an artist and perhaps adapt the style slightly over time. We're not a million dollar production and has to work with what we have and move the project along because if it came to a complete standstill then nobody would be interested in supporting it. The only other alternative would be to abandon the project and work on something were we can keep the artstyle consistent but we'd like to give people that has supported it a complete experience rather than move on to something else.

I think people who support the project would have to take it for what it is rather than an unobtainable goal that they've made up in their own mind. That's the reallity of it. We'll obviously keep improving things as we go and are always open for suggestions as the community around it means a lot to us but there's always going to be some things that we can't do the same as the original.

Hopefully that answers your question.

Zellemate

Community Manager For HeavenStudios
Game Developer
Dec 13, 2016
It hasn't been a quick descission. We've been looking for and contacted artists for the past 8 months. The reallity is that most artist that are talented enough to draw something high quallity within a shorter timespan aren't willing to adapt their style too much because it would damage their own brand. If new people came to them from this game and expects it to look the same then they'd feel like they'd lost some of their own artistic integrity and might not want to work with us anymore.

I've looked extensively over this time period for artists that draws in a similar style as their natural style but Akaburs way of drawing is so unique it's pretty much impossible to find anyone that draws like him. His art is his sellingpoint for his games because it's unique, much like other artists that has found their unique style. This mod project has been going on for 5 years and I feel like if there was an artist that had interest in the project they would've sought it out by now. The reallity is that if you're looking to build your own brand as an artist it's counterintuitive to try and copy someone completely rather than draw inspiration from somebody elses work.

I've spoken to other game devs that specifically has dealt with this same situation to weigh our options. A third crisis swapped artist and they redid all of the art to match the new style. The project lead of the Rogue like Mod even came to me to ask what we did because they're struggling with the same thing. And they even have the Dev of the main game at hand to give their artist some pointers.

Right now the mod is in a state where new Sex scenes are sorely needed to progress any of the girls story without it feeling that progress takes too long as is stretched out to the point of no reward for the player. Getting an artist that would be willing to change their style and sit and practice Akaburs one enough for it to look like his is to us like finding a needle in a haystack.

I think the best we can do for now is meet half way with an artist and perhaps adapt the style slightly over time. We're not a million dollar production and has to work with what we have and move the project along because if it came to a complete standstill then nobody would be interested in supporting it. The only other alternative would be to abandon the project and work on something were we can keep the artstyle consistent but we'd like to give people that has supported it a complete experience rather than move on to something else.

I think people who support the project would have to take it for what it is rather than an unobtainable goal that they've made up in their own mind. That's the reallity of it. We'll obviously keep improving things as we go and are always open for suggestions as the community around it means a lot to us but there's always going to be some things that we can't do the same as the original.

Yeah makes sense everything you say. And I do think this artist is skilled at what she does for sure.
My concern is that the art is so much different from all the rest of the art in the game, that either:
1. a lot of patreons will leave because they don't like the art compared to the other.
2. the art does not match the rest of the art, so everything need to be redrawn in this new style. Which is also a possibility but it would maybe be better to make a whole new game and adopt the new art for that game only?
I am a fan of the team and the work they are putting in which is why I'm also a patreon, will stick around and see how this will develop and we will see down the line. Wishing for the best! everyone would love an awesome trainer game with improved art!

Rubbishcoder

Feb 7, 2018
Maybe it's time to scrap it and do your own harry potter game, with your own takes on the characters and your own scenes rather than trying to shoehorn in out of place art scenes to an existing game. It's going to look weird as fuck to see Akabur's Hermione chatting for 10 lines only for it to change to the new art style for 1 line and then back to Akabur again because he never drew her pointing or whatever it is your story demands.

Other than that you'll need to focus more and more on the other girls each and every update which won't draw in as much money or people as Hermione because no one cares as much about them. Which ironically is what happened with Akabur when he started ignoring Jasmine in princess trainer for Iris.

There's several other potter games out there all doing pretty much the same thing so it's not like you can't get away with doing a homage to WT which to be fair is rather basic and vanilla anyway.

Johnny28

Game Developer
Feb 7, 2018
Maybe it's time to scrap it and do your own harry potter game, with your own takes on the characters and your own scenes rather than trying to shoehorn in out of place art scenes to an existing game. It's going to look weird as fuck to see Akabur's Hermione chatting for 10 lines only for it to change to the new art style for 1 line and then back to Akabur again because he never drew her pointing or whatever it is your story demands.

Other than that you'll need to focus more and more on the other girls each and every update which won't draw in as much money or people as Hermione because no one cares as much about them. Which ironically is what happened with Akabur when he started ignoring Jasmine in princess trainer for Iris.

There's several other potter games out there all doing pretty much the same thing so it's not like you can't get away with doing a homage to WT which to be fair is rather basic and vanilla anyway.
Right now the resources and availability of artists aren't there to build a game from scratch. Silver is relatively far in development compared to Russian edition and a bunch of people working on the project does it on their spare time, out of the love for the mod and with little compensation. Most western developed 2D games I see on here has the artist as the main dev or it's a mix of a Tiled everonment with a lot of reused assets such as RPG maker where commissions go for only sprites and sex scenes.

Crowdfunding is a weird space to be in and it has both upsides and downsides. Our hopes is that we'll reach a point where art can consistently be made for Silver so that we can give a complete experience and that we have enough on the side to start funding commissions for our own game. The optimal thing would be to have an artist working on a game full time because it's the most time consuming element but asking an artist to get invested and basically be underpaid for the possibility that something might take off isn't really a good sell. And we could never make a promise that it would happen so even asking someone in the first place is difficult.

Nov 22, 2017
Dude, it would be great to have a "spank hermione" feature for when she refuses, and it's likelihood of working increases with sluttiness, but always runs the risk of making her angrier.

Moonhed

Aug 3, 2018
Hermione sex scene preview - By our new Artist, Kitsunearts!

View attachment 422444

Hi everybody!
We're more than excited to finally reveal the upcoming sex scene for Hermione, and welcome Kitsunearts to the team!

She will be drawing several scenes for the game, in the same style and quality as seen in the preview, including multiple variants to it - like different poses and expressions for each of the characters.

We've decided to share this preview publicly, so everybody can see the art your patronage and support will allow us to commission.

The scene will be included in the upcoming update for Silver - update 1.38.
But for now, please enjoy this preview. :)

We’re very excited to be working with her. And thanks to your support, we'll be able to commission even more elaborate scenes in the future!

Team Silver

Please follow and support her on her social sites, to see even more of the awesome art she creates!

You can support the game on our Witch Trainer: Silver Patreon page:
Uh, hate to say it but it looks nothing like the art in the rest of the game. Can’t see this adding anything, although that’s just my personal opinion of course.

Ganainm

Oct 19, 2018
1.37.3 patch added additional, temporal cheat for Cho's stats at the end of the Quidditch Match which allows you to play with the wardrobe freely.
There are a few problems with this answer. What is a "temporal cheat"? If its a cheat that happens automatically at a certain event, that forces me to play through all her content again, why not make it a normal cheat?
The patch notes list this cheat as maxing out her "recklessness", if thats the in-game name for her whoring level, the pop up when you try to get her to wear something slutty should probably reflect that.

bobsen

Jul 21, 2017

That art is terrible, and looks nothing like the original - i.e, it pulls people out of the game. Also, just an FYI - the reason we never see Genie's eyes is because it'd be super creepy. He's more of a stand in for the player, than a character in his own right.
I'd reconsider artists, if I were you.

RetFit

Sep 18, 2018
I've looked extensively over this time period for artists that draws in a similar style as their natural style but Akaburs way of drawing is so unique it's pretty much impossible to find anyone that draws like him.
Should have ask artists from that Innocent Witches "game", they make updates once in a year anyway.

splamo

Jun 26, 2018
The new art isn't bad by any means, it just doesn't look like the Witch Trainer we've been playing forever. This game has been out for years. Shoehorning a new art style of the two main characters would totally break the immersion of the game for me. I stated earlier that seeing the new Astoria took me aback. I wasn't ready for that and thought the old one was fine. I'd prefer new sexy clothes and finishing the storylines with the current girls, but that's just me. I suppose it's the fear of change (Get off my lawn!).

All that complaining being said, I'll withhold judgment until I see the final product. I can't possibly know what it's like to build on a game as renown as this and it can't be easy. Especially with assholes like myself complaining to you every day.

I love the work that's been done by SSG thus far. I have a lot of respect for you guys (and even the new artist who is no doubt insanely talented). I can't imagine all the work that has been put into extending this game. The story tweaks and additions, dialogue, the clothes and costumes added, they're all amazing and have made this game 10x's better than what it once was. I look forward to the new mods. Thank you for your hard work and good luck.

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
There are a few problems with this answer. What is a "temporal cheat"? If its a cheat that happens automatically at a certain event, that forces me to play through all her content again, why not make it a normal cheat?
The patch notes list this cheat as maxing out her "recklessness", if thats the in-game name for her whoring level, the pop up when you try to get her to wear something slutty should probably reflect that.
I imagine that "temporal cheat" was meant to read "temporary cheat", which I assumed means that it won't be there in 1.38, by which time additional Cho content will hopefully have made it unnecessary.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Should have ask artists from that Innocent Witches "game", they make updates once in a year anyway.
sad but true and game doesn't advance anywhere.

Maybe it's time to scrap it and do your own harry potter game, with your own takes on the characters and your own scenes rather than trying to shoehorn in out of place art scenes to an existing game.
well starting completely new game isn't that easy, innocent witches isn't exactly prime example since seems that game is going downwards at speed of sound but gives indication of what making totally new hp game would req.

Bummenphist

Jul 21, 2018

While I understand that artists would have their own styles, aren't they also hired for a specific job? Wouldn't the ability to be able to match existing artwork be just as marketable as their own unique style? Also, don't they have files to work with? Photoshop or whatever package they use with the basic characters models? Please don't take this as criticism, the work they do is incredible and I have nothing but admiration for them.

Last edited:

Toybirdy

Oct 11, 2017
Is their anyway to level your wizard card's? i only leveled them up once but now no matter how mnay times i beat the 3 people in card battle my cards never level.

Toybirdy

Oct 11, 2017
That art is terrible, and looks nothing like the original - i.e, it pulls people out of the game. Also, just an FYI - the reason we never see Genie's eyes is because it'd be super creepy. He's more of a stand in for the player, than a character in his own right.
I'd reconsider artists, if I were you.
um u see the genie eyes in other akabur games he looks like a white genie instead of blue

4.10 star(s) 75 Votes