Deleted member 423149

Feb 5, 2018
It was fine with me but the game is very heavy on ram and processor. I think developers can and should invest some time to make it compatible with weaker machines. You need like i7 and 16 gb or ram plus 2 gb video card to run this game smoothly.
That being said I enjoyed this version. The art is still scarce though not enough scenes, development is still very slow. Not sure why it takes so long it should not take long to draw images and develop the code. Not years any way.

sfoMMA85

May 23, 2019
It has its own thread - this is it. When there's an update, you'll find out about it here.
but it is not shown in the "Latest Updates" category. Which is because this is listed as a mod. Thats why tarzan999 stated that it should have its own (game) thread, so that people may know when the OP gets updated. ;) Furthermore the "Latest Updates" button is the main place people on f95 go to and games that dont appear there stay unknown or only known by their respective community. In other words: It would be good advertisement for the game to appear there from time to time to get new people to play the game/mod/whatever...

Sadly mod updates come too short on f95...

Reactions: tarzan999

swextal

May 7, 2018
about Luna, in the story and movie she had always seen more than what appeared to be seen, so to speak.. so she should be able to see the Genie as what it is, clearly, and not be surprised by it. somewhat off the track, maybe, but dumb? not at all. Genie should in turn be surprised by her knowing what he is and still treating him like a person. he's nothing unusual for her, as she can see .. things .. all the time, right? ..right?
I completely agree. Instead of relying on the movies, also read the books. The movies are quite good, but quite incomplete compared to the books. Remember that SHE can see the horselike creatures pulling the wagons, nobody else but Harry eventually can see...

Reactions: blarg0192

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
I completely agree. Instead of relying on the movies, also read the books. The movies are quite good, but quite incomplete compared to the books. Remember that SHE can see the horselike creatures pulling the wagons, nobody else but Harry eventually can see...
Thestrals. And there was one other student, Theodore Nott, in the class who could see them. It just takes having seen someone die. Luna saw her mom and Harry saw Cedric.

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
but it is not shown in the "Latest Updates" category. Which is because this is listed as a mod. Thats why tarzan999 stated that it should have its own (game) thread, so that people may know when the OP gets updated. ;) Furthermore the "Latest Updates" button is the main place people on f95 go to and games that dont appear there stay unknown or only known by their respective community. In other words: It would be good advertisement for the game to appear there from time to time to get new people to play the game/mod/whatever...

Sadly mod updates come too short on f95...
Ah, I see. Thanks. My detailed knowledge of F95 is obviously somewhat lacking, as I wasn't even aware that there was a Latest Updates category or button.

Reactions: sfoMMA85

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
Ah, I see. Thanks. My detailed knowledge of F95 is obviously somewhat lacking, as I wasn't even aware that there was a Latest Updates category or button.
Top center of the page in red text. It's a good place to browse.

F1forhalp

SOTD: The Cure - The Hanging Garden
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
i'll pass with them books. the idea was stolen from a 1986 horror movie to begin with: . can read it up, it's the basic story, some boy fighting some evil, witches, otherside, all that stuff.. hell, even the name Harry Potter in there! :cautious:

Jan 30, 2021
i'll pass with them books. the idea was stolen from a 1986 horror movie to begin with: . can read it up, it's the basic story, some boy fighting some evil, witches, otherside, all that stuff.. hell, even the name Harry Potter in there! :cautious:
WHOA! I gotta see that. I always thought JK stole it from the Worst Witch book series. Maybe she pulled from a variety? It's all asinine really. But Hermione and Luna are hot so...

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
The plot description on IMDb is " A wicked troll king in search of a mystical ring that will transform him to human form invades a San Francisco apartment complex where a powerful witch lives", which at first sight doesn't seem very similar to the plot of the Harry Potter books. If JK Rowling had seen the film, it could have been where she got the name "Harry Potter" from, through, consciously or subconsciously. I've sometimes wondered if she got the idea of a school for witches and wizards from Ursula Le Guin's Earthsea books or even from the Unseen University in Terry Pratchett's Discworld.

F1forhalp

SOTD: The Cure - The Hanging Garden
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
The plot description on IMDb is " A wicked troll king in search of a mystical ring that will transform him to human form invades a San Francisco apartment complex where a powerful witch lives", which at first sight doesn't seem very similar to the plot of the Harry Potter books. If JK Rowling had seen the film, it could have been where she got the name "Harry Potter" from, through, consciously or subconsciously. I've sometimes wondered if she got the idea of a school for witches and wizards from Ursula Le Guin's Earthsea books or even from the Unseen University in Terry Pratchett's Discworld.
oooh a man of knowledge!
looks like she's had a collection of sources she never mentioned, some passages in that film relate to some of the early JK books.. harvesting some girl, rings a bell? and yes, quite a number of Roke issues resembled in Hogwarts for sure.

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
oooh a man of knowledge!
looks like she's had a collection of sources she never mentioned, some passages in that film relate to some of the early JK books.. harvesting some girl, rings a bell? and yes, quite a number of Roke issues resembled in Hogwarts for sure.
I think that almost all works of fiction have been influences, whether knowingly or not, by earlier books. Something that's absolutely 100% original is very rare.

Reactions: Bummenphist

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
I think that almost all works of fiction have been influences, whether knowingly or not, by earlier books. Something that's absolutely 100% original is very rare.
At this point in time, something 100% original is impossible. There is nothing new under the sun.

Reactions: Bummenphist

swextal

May 7, 2018
Are all android devices opengl? I have a galaxy s21 and was hoping to play again after so long
Un*x and derivates like Linux supports OpenGL and therefore Android (Which is Linux) supports OpenGL. But hardware accellerated OpenGL is a different thing. There's MESA for systems not even having a GUI, only a TTY. MESA also supports ASCII rendering. So you can even play (even though painfully weird and slow) doom on a TTY printer....

You don't have to use the latest phone to play Witch Trainer Silver though. It doesn't use any fancy 3D engine like Unity or Unreal Engine....

4.10 star(s) 75 Votes