LoafyLemon

Witch Trainer Silver
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2017
There's a bug preventing you from getting it. Luckily it doesn't matter as far as anything else in the game is concerned.
Actually, it is possible to get the ending 01, nobody just figured out how to get it yet lol.

Wtf776

Nov 2, 2018
It absolutely blows my mind 1.40.2 is considered an "update". Yes the new artwork is great and Hermione and Luna's rewritten scenes are way better but they deleted half the game to add them. At the very least have Luna's content go back to normal after the reworked parts are done. How the hell could they remove the threesome scenes with dom Luna and think that was an improvement?!?! The next favor with them could have been some dope as fuck ass-to-mouth anal threesome or something in this update and instead they deleted all content of her having a dominating personality and even on her submissive playthrough they deleted her bj and sex scenes! That's an utter disappointment. My recommendation is that you play v1.38.4 because everything after that has less content somehow:

1) Some items are missing from the clothing store and Potions for Hermione are disabled which makes it impossible to get cat ears or blonde hair for her which was my favorite look.
2) The assjob option that used to be on the same tier as boobjob is still removed.
3) At high enough whoring Hermione used to be able to be made to cum from the slap tits/finger ass/finger pussy options of the grope favor and now even at the highest tier whoring she will still push you away.
4) Snape said he was max friendship at around 70%-75% for some reason.
5) Hermione's short skirt worn high up has been removed and that really sucks because it allowed her to wear a skirt and still show her pussy when she was going pantyless and that's my kink. Pretty sure that was also the skirt you needed the special reward voucher to get in previous versions of the game.
6) There is no longer a wardrobe option to have Hermione wear a buttplug.
7) The slave collar appears to have been removed from the game which had a great quest that went with it.
8) Dom Luna and her threesome scenes have been deleted as well as the bj and sex scenes for sub Luna.

Reactions: Chakas

DarkAbsorber34

Jan 13, 2021
32 or 64 bit windows? check that antivirus or or antimalware software (incl. windows defender) isn't blocking it.
64 bits windows, also let me be a bit more specific. I double click the .exe it shows the blue loading thing but the game doesn't open. Also checked on the Windows defender but still doesn't work

Wtf776

Nov 2, 2018
Let them do what they think it's best. I am very happy with 1.40.2. Up until this version I never got far into this mod because it felt a bit janky. Pretty soon they will add potion scenes and they are guaranteed to be much better than the ones in the old versions.
Potions are a tiny part of the game. Luna's dom route and half her sub path was like half the content of the game as a whole and her dom path was by far the best section of the game and now it doesn't exist. If they think removing content with every update is a good idea someone needs to tell them they are wrong. There were better ways to do this, like updating the content in sections so they did the Hermione stuff all at once and then with the next update did the Luna stuff all at once, or not releasing it until the Luna content was finished, or reverting to the old Luna sub bj and sex scenes when the updated scenes ran out. But deleting half your game and maybe bringing it back in your next update which is probably 6 months away is the poorest plan possible. IF they bring it back, many times they will jump to an entirely different area of the game and god forbid they continue what they are doing and update the art for like two of Astoria's scenes and delete the rest and we still don't have the dom Luna content back. That would be incredibly bad and you think we should just roll with it?

Reactions: Chakas

Wtf776

Nov 2, 2018
What is stopping you from replaying 1.38? AFAIK the only things they changed was the default windowed screen resolution and cleaned up the ui. Just ctrl past the stuff you don't want to see. As a programmer I have always thought that working with a clean slate is the best way to improve over past mistakes.
Because I still want to play the new content. I want there to be more Dom Luna content now that we have gotten to the 3way favors, I want there to be sex scenes with Cho (maybe even 3way scenes as she used to be very into Hermione but for some reason is doing a lot of stuff with Tonks in this newest revision instead), I want to get to sex scenes with Tonks, and I want to see what happens next with Astoria and Susan now that we've finally gotten to the good favors. And I've been waiting multiple years to see most of this but for some reason every update they release just deletes more of the game.

LoafyLemon

Witch Trainer Silver
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2017
64 bits windows, also let me be a bit more specific. I double click the .exe it shows the blue loading thing but the game doesn't open. Also checked on the Windows defender but still doesn't work
If you have used a Ren'py Launcher at some point, you could've gotten the data corruption bug caused by one of unstable builds, it results in an access violation error. (You can confirm it by opening Event Viewer, in Windows Logs -> Applications Logs, there you should find an exception 0xc0000005).

To fix that, head to %appdata%/RenPy/ and delete all of its contents. You may wish to make backups of saves you want to keep though.

Last edited:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
post (ATTACH not their contents on post) a log.txt and traceback.txt also intel integrated or ati/nvidia graphics?

ArtHappens

May 8, 2021
Random question: There’s a scene I’m trying to find where Tonks is explaining shape shifting abilities to Genie and scares the crap out of him when she turns herself into a clown. Was that a Room of Requirement scene?
The scene that you are describing happens after the second Quidditch match (Ravenclaw Vs Slytherin) ends.

Reactions: Loosecannon308

ItsRealyMe

Sep 12, 2021
I'd like to try 1.39.4 but it doesn't work (W10 fully updated).
By googling the issue the only solution pointed is to "update directx". Well, my directx is updated and the provided directx installer doesn't install anything, stating that my directx is already updated.
I believe I'm not the only one with this problem, so how did you guys solved it?
Thanks

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I'd like to try 1.39.4 but it doesn't work (W10 fully updated).
By googling the issue the only solution pointed is to "update directx". Well, my directx is updated and the provided directx installer doesn't install anything, stating that my directx is already updated.
I believe I'm not the only one with this problem, so how did you guys solved it?
Thanks
are you sure that antivirus etc (incl. windows defender) isn't blocking it?

Chakas

Dec 19, 2017
Let them do what they think it's best. I am very happy with 1.40.2. Up until this version I never got far into this mod because it felt a bit janky. Pretty soon they will add potion scenes and they are guaranteed to be much better than the ones in the old versions.
Comments like this make me wish for a "dislike" button

LoafyLemon

Witch Trainer Silver
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2017
It absolutely blows my mind 1.40.2 is considered an "update". Yes the new artwork is great and Hermione and Luna's rewritten scenes are way better but they deleted half the game to add them. At the very least have Luna's content go back to normal after the reworked parts are done. How the hell could they remove the threesome scenes with dom Luna and think that was an improvement?!?! The next favor with them could have been some dope as fuck ass-to-mouth anal threesome or something in this update and instead they deleted all content of her having a dominating personality and even on her submissive playthrough they deleted her bj and sex scenes! That's an utter disappointment. My recommendation is that you play v1.38.4 because everything after that has less content somehow:

1) Some items are missing from the clothing store and Potions for Hermione are disabled which makes it impossible to get cat ears or blonde hair for her which was my favorite look.
2) The assjob option that used to be on the same tier as boobjob is still removed.
3) At high enough whoring Hermione used to be able to be made to cum from the slap tits/finger ass/finger pussy options of the grope favor and now even at the highest tier whoring she will still push you away.
4) Snape said he was max friendship at around 70%-75% for some reason.
5) Hermione's short skirt worn high up has been removed and that really sucks because it allowed her to wear a skirt and still show her pussy when she was going pantyless and that's my kink. Pretty sure that was also the skirt you needed the special reward voucher to get in previous versions of the game.
6) There is no longer a wardrobe option to have Hermione wear a buttplug.
7) The slave collar appears to have been removed from the game which had a great quest that went with it.
8) Dom Luna and her threesome scenes have been deleted as well as the bj and sex scenes for sub Luna.
1. Potions were temporarily disabled because when we have improved Hermione's model and clothes, we did not have enough manpower to improve every art asset in a single update. The old assets were in a very low resolution, on top of that they were using single images for outfits, which made it impossible to add to the new wardrobe system.

As for the blonde hair, have you tried opening the wardrobe and changing the hair colour?

2. No idea.
3. Still in the game.
4. Maximum friendship is at level 100, always has been.
5. Just as mentioned in the first paragraph, not all assets have been redone yet, but for now you can use one of the awesome mods people are making and posting on the discord. I'm pretty sure I saw some skirt variants in there too. :)
6. Still in the game. Instead of just a visual item, we have turned buttplugs into actual events.
7. Slave collar is disabled until it is fixed and improved as it currently has no art, and the code is not working either.
8. I don't know why it comes off as a surprise, we have communicated our plans months in advance, along with the reasoning for it.

Sometimes things do not work as they should, vision changes based on our resources and personal skills of an individual, or perhaps the person that designed the initial parts of the content is no longer there, and in order to move forward sometimes you have to make a difficult decision, but that is to be expected on a fan-made project.

What you are seeing is how a normal, typical game creation process takes place behind the closed doors, except our doors are open, and everyone can take a peek and see what we are currently doing or why. Content gets cut, changed, shifted, expanded, and adjusted all the time, that is because game creation is an iterative process, it's not a task that you could do just once and call it done, ask other creators if you don't believe me.

We are always happy to give answers or talk about various developments for the project, we give monthly progress reports, and we openly talk about what we struggle with, or what we think could be done better.

We are by no means professionals, we are merely fans of the original Witch Trainer that just did not want the game to end so soon, so we gathered ourselves and created a small team with almost zero experience or technical skills that are normally required for this kind of work, but despite that I think we managed to do something great.

Years passed, we learnt and grew, some people come and gone, content that once we thought was great was no longer maintainable because there was no vision behind it, no grand scheme or a plan for the future, it was just slapped on without much thought because 'it seemed fun', and that was fine, until we hit a brick wall and realised that there's no way around it, what content is already there does not suit our plans and visions that our experience and expanded skillset gave us.

I feel like (some) people tend to forget that we are working on a mod, not an actual game, we work on it in our free time, with limited resources and humongous expectations, but despite all of that we constantly improve the experience for everyone, for free.

Each update is bigger than the last, for every line of dialogue removed we add a dozen or more, we take player made suggestions and implement them, we post previews and listen to feedback then we change what we have presented accordingly (like artwork for example), on top of that we have added mods API for the mod, because we come from the very same background, and we know that sometimes ideas may not align with the ideas creators may have, so anyone can add content they wish was there, even if their programming skills are limited. It is also very inspiring to see other creative people at work, which further motivates us to continue working.

With our current experience and knowledge, we could've easily jumped ship and started a new project, with no past mistakes, stigma, set in stone art style, or the (sometimes ridiculous) expectations put on us, but we won't, for a simple reason, that's because we like working on Witch Trainer, and there will be no grander reward than finishing it like we dreamed of years ago. That's all I have to say.

Last edited:

MezzaPez

Nov 6, 2019
Some questions. (I tried searching for detailed responses but none really gave me good answers. Searching about the patch issue just had to many responses.)

First question - On tier 1 am I suppose to advance after I get ALL stars filled in? Some of the stuff are not filled in like I can't get her to do groping and beyond basically. Am I suppose to level up or is there something I am suppose to do before she allows that.? (I guess my question is that is there a tier 1 grope that I can achieve or do I just go next tier.)

Second question - The download came with 2 folders that are zipped called "Patch" and "HotFix" but in the installation instructions in the main page it just says extract and play(basically). Inside the "Patch" zipped file it also has a file that just says "DO NOT EXTRACT" I took that as "these zipped files are just in here you don't need them". So am I correct to just leave the HotFix folder and Patch folder alone or am I actually suppose to do something with these zipped files.

Last edited:

apostatefarm

Jul 31, 2018
First question - On tier 1 am I suppose to advance after I get ALL stars filled in? Some of the stuff are not filled in like I can't get her to do groping and beyond basically. Am I suppose to level up or is there something I am suppose to do before she allows that.? (I guess my question is that is there a tier 1 grope that I can achieve or do I just go next tier.)
Nah, you can advance whenever. The reason there's stars you can't fill in is just for those inclined you can see her shut you down for stuff she'll happily agree to later. You can either level up as soon as you get the choice to or try every option before you do, it doesn't make a difference either way beyond how much writing/corruption content you see.

Reactions: MezzaPez
4.10 star(s) 75 Votes