Livvy

Mar 15, 2018
That's why i said "highlight".
Whats with the fucking hostility?
Damn fine, tonight ill restart the fucking game and screencap the dialogue i didn't like. Jeez.
For the record, I'm not hostile, I'm just genuinely interested in what people think shows that the team/writer must be American. Genuine interest, no hate, I promise!

Livvy

Mar 15, 2018
Started playing quickly from the start, likely missed some things but here's an example:
View attachment 2499702
...That's it? You think the team is American because they made an obvious dunk about JKR? If you consider that a 'modern politically dusted hot take', I don't know what to tell you. Maybe observational humour just isn't for you, I guess. That's not a sign someone is American. It's a sign they're making a parody of something based on Rowling's works. I'd put it on par with changing SPEW to being about men's rights.

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018
Wow… I mean, just……. Wow.

even my preemptive mockery wasn’t prepared for this sad, wet fart of pearl clutching. Actual snowflakes are more resilient than this.

Livvy

Mar 15, 2018
Tell me how its not, also where i personally pointed to anything American.

Ah irony, my FAVORITE.
Tell you how it's not a modern, politically dusted, hot take? Well, it's not modern for one thing. Bringing up that Cho is the only Asian character in Hogwarts, if not the entire series, has been a thing since she was introduced. It's a cold as fuck take. It's also not politically dusted, it's literally just a joke making fun of JKR. You'll notice that no one has said whether or not the school should be more diverse, just that it's surprising that a school that's for all of Britain isn't more diverse. Tell me how it is a modern, politically dusted, hot take.

Out of interest, do people also take issue with Hermione campaigning for men's rights in game? If not, why is that fine, but one joke dunking on JKR not?

Also, when I asked you to point towards things which make you think the team is American, you responded with this example. It seems you might be trying to hide behind 'Well, I personally never literally said I thought the team was American', which is pretty disingenuous. If that's how you're going to try to dodge the issue, I don't think I can take anything you say seriously.

b00marrows

Aug 15, 2017
Well, it's not modern for one thing
Modern is a synonym of current, both rather loose terms designating a "happening now" thing.
The political circus around these subjects is both happening right now and has for a while, don't deny reality.

seems you might be trying to hide behind 'Well, I personally never literally said I thought the team was American', which is pretty disingenuous.
I literally, factually, did not say what you seem to think i said.
Don't bend words to try and defend yourself and don't put words in my mouth.

Remember, you also highlighted the word "extremely". A word neither party said. Entirely your own narrative.

You both jumped at my throat for speaking my mind.

Out of interest, do people also take issue with Hermione campaigning for men's rights in game? If not, why is that fine, but one joke dunking on JKR not?
Forgot to respond to this bit.
Simply, It kinda fits the character... right?
It was also originally in the game and not, what i suspect to be text added later by different people.

Last edited:
Reactions: parakep

Livvy

Mar 15, 2018
Modern is a synonym of current, both rather loose terms designating a "happening now" thing.
The political circus around these subjects is both happening right now and has for a while, don't deny reality.
Considering what you say next, this is pretty fucking ironic. Again, it's not a political take, it's simply a joke, dunking on JKR.

You literally, factually, responded to me asking for examples of when the team came off as American. I asked a question, and you responded to it. If you didn't want to give an example of them coming off as American, then why would you respond to that? Why continue on with that premise instead of saying 'Oh btw, I don't agree with the original guy's point, and I'm not going to attempt to prove the team's American viewpoint'? I can accept that perhaps you didn't intend to continue with the argument of an American bias, but I feel like you probably would have/should have clarified that long before now.

And no, I did not jump down your throat for speaking your mind. You will note that I've only 'jumped down your throat', when you appear to be attempting to backpedal.

It was also originally in the game and not, what i suspect to be text added later by different people.
Ah so, modern, political hot takes are fine as long as they are in the original game. So the difference is just time. I mean, I think that's a stupid as fuck reason, and very slimey, but at least it's somewhat of a proper reason. Political hot takes are fine, as long as they are several years old, even if they were extremely current at the time of writing, and continue to be to this day. Kind of seems like there's some major doublethink going on but whatever floats your boat.

Last edited:

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018

Wrong, here is what you quoted in the reply:

1680019593845.png

This is what YOU Specifically gave as a response to the question "what people think shows that the team/writer must be American."

We're not taking anything out of context, we're not misquoting or putting words in your mouth. A question was asked that you specifically and directly responded to. And you can't hide behind the bullshit that you don't understand how quoting works on f95 as you had no problem chopping up a response and lying about everything up above.

Now, to address the point you originally brought up, here is your inane quote from before:

This obviously makes your previous statement a flat out lie. You do want "modern politically dusted hot takes" as long as they conform to your political bent.

Yeah wasn't sure on it but some even early dialogue has been changed and not for the better.
Last thing i want to read is modern politically dusted hot takes of either leaning, joke or not.
Notice this has no disclaimer about the original game which or that it fits the character. You like the original game just fine, modern politically dusted takes and all, they just conform to your worldview. What you don't like is anything political that doesn't because you are the saddest little snowflake that melts and cries about anything you don't 100% agree with.

Livvy

Mar 15, 2018
We're not taking anything out of context, we're not misquoting or putting words in your mouth. A question was asked that you specifically and directly responded to. And you can't hide behind the bullshit that you don't understand how quoting works on f95 as you had no problem chopping up a response and lying about everything up above.
I can accept that perhaps there was a genuine miscommunication, but I would think that if someone didn't want to address a point the other party has asked about, they'd very quickly say that they're not arguing that point, and then attempt to clarify the stance they are taking. If I were to say 'I don't think Snape has ever been mean to Tonks. I'd like examples of Snape being mean to Tonks', and you respond to that with an example of Genie making fun of Tonks, I would naturally think you're trying to give an example of the thing I specifically asked about. I think that's what anyone would do, but maybe I'm mistaken.

All of this to say, no, I do not think the team has any American bias, or has put any American viewpoints into the game. I guess you could say there's some political hot takes, which I'd think were more like observational humour, based on knowledge of the books/films/Rowling, but then again, that's always been the case with Akabur as well, so the team is just attempting to stay close to the original.

Reactions: Rastafoo

b00marrows

Aug 15, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Notice this has no disclaimer about the original game
early dialogue has been changed
In what context can i not be referring to the original text here?
This gets worse if you take into context my posts beforehand being a nostalgia trip of re-finding this game.

Running through it and finding text i don't remember from people i wouldn't expect to say that is just weird.
....Now i think on it the race jokes followed by the diversity claim is weird on its own, add the context of who said it and its gets weirder....

I can accept that perhaps there was a genuine miscommunication
Potentially, but the directed aggression from perniciousducks and the narrative applied by your posts muddied things quite heavily.

Livvy

Mar 15, 2018
As i said:

A quote is a quote, not a biblical statement or textual agreement word for word of the quoted text.
What you say and what i say are different things, quoting you doesn't mean i agree with what you say.
If I ask a question, and then you directly reply to that question, with no 'Btw, I'm not actually answering that question, but another one entirely', then yeah, you're the one in the wrong here. Quote replies do not 'just happen', nor is it automatic. You have to choose to quote the post in question yourself. You'll notice that I haven't quoted Loafy in this post, for instance. Hell, you didn't even quote the last person who posted while you were providing your example. By quoting me, you are seen to be continuing the conversation in the quoted post. That's just common sense.

So, you chose to reply directly to my asking for examples of this American bias. Hell, you even say 'Here is an example', while quote replying to my request for examples. At no point did you attempt to clarify that you weren't in fact providing an example of what I asked for. If you were just attempting to provide an example of a change you didn't like, you would have/should have said that it had your example had no relation to what I asked for. In fact, it'd have been better to quote your own post, since you're the only one who was talking about that topic. Any confusion there is on you.

Potentially, but the directed aggression from perniciousducks and the narrative applied by your posts muddied things quite heavily.
I shouldn't have to clarify something I never said or something you introduced to my narrative yourself. You chose to see aggression in my posts when there was none.

Last edited:

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
I don't know whether the devs are American or not, but I know they aren't British, as they have Hermione refer to her "vest" at one point when talking about what she would call a "jersey" or a "woollie". In British English a vest is a singlet worn as underwear.

4.10 star(s) 75 Votes