jahall

Feb 20, 2019
I don't know whether the devs are American or not, but I know they aren't British, as they have Hermione refer to her "vest" at one point when talking about what she would call a "jersey" or a "woollie". In British English a vest is a singlet worn as underwear.

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

In what context can i not be referring to the original text here?
This gets worse if you take into context my posts beforehand being a nostalgia trip of re-finding this game.

Running through it and finding text i don't remember from people i wouldn't expect to say that is just weird.
....Now i think on it the race jokes followed by the diversity claim is weird on its own, add the context of who said it and its gets weirder....

Potentially, but the directed aggression from perniciousducks and the narrative applied by your posts muddied things quite heavily.
I made a mistake, I attributed malice to something I should have just gone with good ol' incompetence.

When you reply to a question, it is entirely reasonable for anyone to assume that you are responding to the question asked.

For example:

Person A: Eating food that is squishy is gross

---

Person B: Some food is gross and I have to go to the restroom

---

Person B: Some food is gross and I have to go to the restroom
Person C: Nonsense, what extremely squishy food is gross?

---

Person C: Nonsense, what squishy food is gross?
Person B: I never said extremely! don't put words in my mouth!

---

Person B: I never said squishy! don't put words in my mouth!
Person C: Fine. what squishy food is gross?

---

Person C: Fine. what squishy food is gross?
Person B: Shit.

---

Person B: Shit.
Everyone assumes you mean you eat shit

---

Person B: You're taking me out of context, I clearly said I had to go to the restroom and I was just telling you I went shit!

Livvy

Mar 15, 2018
I don't know whether the devs are American or not, but I know they aren't British, as they have Hermione refer to her "vest" at one point when talking about what she would call a "jersey" or a "woollie". In British English a vest is a singlet worn as underwear.
I'd also suggest 'jumper' or 'pull over'. I think her referring to it as a vest is just a holdover from Akabur, actually, or because they're trying to make it as easy to read for the most amount of people. Can you imagine the confusion when some American read 'Professor, are you going to wear a johnny on your tadger then? No? I can't adam and eve it, yer gonna git me up the duff!'

Last edited:

LoafyLemon

Witch Trainer Silver
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2017

The reason we use American English when naming wardrobe or interface elements in the game, but keep British English for dialogues is to keep the game more accessible for international audiences. We understand that players come from all over the world, and by using a combination of both dialects, we hope to make the game more inclusive and easier to understand for everyone.

While it may seem unusual to mix dialects, it's actually a common practice in the gaming industry. By using both American and British English, we hope to create a more neutral experience for players who might be more accustomed to one dialect over the other. We want our players to be able to enjoy the game without being distracted or confused by unfamiliar terminology.

Reactions: p22 and Zekethor

b00marrows

Aug 15, 2017
That's just common sense.
As i said, when you click reply to a post and somebody else has posted between your posts it automatically creates a quote.
I clicked reply to your last post to not confuse the person between with a disconnected post.
I admit i should have quoted directly you saying:
I'd be interested to see examples of what you're referring to.
That i will accept is on me.

You chose to see aggression in my posts when there was none.
No, you did.
Both this post:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Which was a response to perniciousducks and not you.
Also now:
Potentially, but the directed aggression from perniciousducks and the narrative applied by your posts muddied things quite heavily.

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018
I can answer the hostility thing. Some people do and don't enjoy things, like the notion that politics they don't agree with may tangentially be referenced as a joke. I, personally, enjoy watching people confidently claim things that are provably false and then continuing to rub their noses in it while the desperately try and pretend they didn't just shit the bed.

Apr 11, 2018
so anyway. The dialogue is sometimes funny in the spirit of the original but its way way too lengthy for this type of a game. Which is a common theme among patreon projects..
also cant help but point out how much there is of lesbian content, i would estimate about 50% and the other half mostly comes from the base game.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
so anyway. The dialogue is sometimes funny in the spirit of the original but its way way too lengthy for this type of a game. Which is a common theme among patreon projects..
also cant help but point out how much there is of lesbian content, i would estimate about 50% and the other half mostly comes from the base game.
lesbian content where?

Reactions: Bummenphist

SuperMaxo

Nov 3, 2017
There is lesbian content, but not shown

Tonks gives "detention" to some hot girl in her public favors and comes back to gush about it to Genie

SuperMaxo

Nov 3, 2017
Not all content as to be shown in my book, it can be erotic and sexy with only the written word.

But yea, is you only want graphics, then there's none.

Reactions: Bummenphist

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Not all content as to be shown in my book, it can be erotic and sexy with only the written word.

But yea, is you only want graphics, then there's none.
well hermione can say that she kissed a girl but if not shown then we don't know if she did or didn't.

b00marrows

Aug 15, 2017
also cant help but point out how much there is of lesbian content
Yeah i started hitting that bit. A little boring.
Its mostly Tonks tho right? she keeps going on about the girls being cute etc. Probably heavy due to it being all text based, all in a row and nothings seen. tho i think she also talks about boys sometimes. eh...

Something thats i have notices is the lack of the silly face option. But its hinted at in text multiple times as if you have performed it before and only kinda present in the dance scene?
I use to think it was quite funny.

Wonder if i have an old copy of the game lying around to make comparisons to... Most likely on my mega account.

4.10 star(s) 75 Votes