Fake117x

Jan 6, 2020
Can someone tell me which version that still got the brainwashed, golddigger Luna?

https://f95zone.to/threads/witch-trainer-silver-mod-v1-45-3-silver-studio-games.1697/post-12689789
the comment i linked here has it.

I guess all that makes sense i just dont understand the reasoning. I mean why remove content until you are ready to replace it. Ie why take all that luna stuff out of the game just because its location didn't make sense until you could release an updated version with the content coming in earlier in the story.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I guess all that makes sense i just dont understand the reasoning. I mean why remove content until you are ready to replace it. Ie why take all that luna stuff out of the game just because its location didn't make sense until you could release an updated version with the content coming in earlier in the story.
so that devs didn't have to do another restart from scratch when that time comes.

Reactions: Congressman Weiner

Zaiaku

Jul 1, 2017
I guess that makes sense, cuz if I'm reading that post right the whole Slytherin being ahead thing is going to be phased out or something?

Phenix0800

May 15, 2018
I guess that makes sense, cuz if I'm reading that post right the whole Slytherin being ahead thing is going to be phased out or something?
No, you're not reading it right. The Slytherin part refers to the sorting hat messing with Luna's head turning her into a more dominant character that fits in better with Slytherin. That's the reason why it was removed, because at that point it just isn't Luna any more and might as well be just any Slytherin girl.

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018
https://f95zone.to/threads/witch-trainer-silver-mod-v1-45-3-silver-studio-games.1697/post-12689789
the comment i linked here has it.

Luna content being taken out has understandably been frustrating for players. This coincided with reworking all of the character models to a higher resolution and reworking the codebase to make it expandable going forward. Unfortunately the notion of ‘just leave it until it’s ready to be replaced’ wasn’t really an option. That content would have had to be rebuilt into the rework of the codebase. So instead of spending limited time on creating content that will be removed the decision was made to just remove it and press on. The frustration is understandable but it felt like the right decision to make.

Zaiaku

Jul 1, 2017
No, you're not reading it right. The Slytherin part refers to the sorting hat messing with Luna's head turning her into a more dominant character that fits in better with Slytherin. That's the reason why it was removed, because at that point it just isn't Luna any more and might as well be just any Slytherin girl.
Thanks for clarification.

F1forhalp

SOTD: 3 Doors Down - Running Out Of Days
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
i think they didn't completely drop the 'a Dom girl' idea, but i doubt there's any exact plan on which character it might fit, or (if there is), when that should happen. priorities are likely low on that bit.
of the existing girls, only one i could imagine a Dom path would be Astoria.. OR maybe Susan, provided one day she finally snaps because of too much curse+brainwash. her profile shows a confidence training of sorts, wouldn't rule out a Dom branch might fit; but that's already really far fetched. mind wanders.

Laritas

Jul 10, 2023
Personally, I wish we could see the girls more often. Not just when you call them.

This mod has such an awesome clothes editor.

This makes fantastic combinations possible. I like to spend a lot of time making clothing combinations. But you rarely see them. And by the time you have unlocked all the dresses for each girl, the game is already close to the end, or the quest series in which you get to see the girls...

Tonks in particular is a hot tooth. I wish we could see the girls more often. Homemade posters, for example, that change the picture every day (perhaps with a photo session where Djinni takes photos) or surprise visits (perhaps to play cards). Or Images on the cards of the deck.

This dress editor is really awesome and it would be nice if you could do more with it.

Laritas

Jul 10, 2023
well it has limitations but also it isn't main thing.
Sure, the game is basically a playable novel. The whole story is very important.

It's just that it's a powerful tool that didn't exist in the original. Something very Silver Mod's own. And when I see it on the Discord, the players spend a lot of time in the editor and put a lot of love and passion into their creations.

Wouldn't it keep players more engaged and involved in the game if they saw their creations more often?

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
It's just that it's a powerful tool that didn't exist in the original. Something very Silver Mod's own. And when I see it on the Discord, the players spend a lot of time in the editor and put a lot of love and passion into their creations.

Wouldn't it keep players more engaged and involved in the game if they saw their creations more often?
maybe that's up to players and can set rotating clothes but again only when girls appear at office. also doubt there will be contacts outside office (it'd be whole new game like innocent witches). i know there were contacts with hermione and luna at out of office.

Livvy

Mar 15, 2018
Sure, the game is basically a playable novel. The whole story is very important.

Finally, after years of waiting, the one person that speaks up to say 'Hey actually, can we get more clothing and wardrobe stuff?' finds his way to us.

All joking aside, it's one of those things I think would be neat, and maybe someday, but when there's only three people really working on this project in their spare time, it's simply a bit beyond the current scope. The rest of the team already has enough core aspects of the project to work on that something like this, while a great idea, is not really feasible at present. Take the card game for instance. It's been stuck with the promise of 'Maybe these cards will get more lewd as you progress' for years now, because when it was originally thought up and implemented, Johnny wasn't nearly as involved as he is now. I know he's spoken about wanting to go back and work on it, but other things take precedence. The team wants progression as much as the fans, and we do have conversations about 'Oh wouldn't it be cool if we could do this?' but it doesn't seem fair to make people wait for 'real' progress.

I can say though, I believe one modder has been working on putting together a mod that would add moveable tattoos and posters, but it's slow going last I checked.

Reactions: Congressman Weiner

Laritas

Jul 10, 2023
Well, I'll take what I can get. The SilverMod is simply great. In my opinion, it expanded the original game sensibly and brought its own accents into the game without damaging Akabur's original.

I'll just have fun creating more character and clothing variations for wallpapers.

It would just be nice if the saved PNG files had an alpha channel instead of a green screen. Somehow I'm too clumsy to remove the background cleanly.

F1forhalp

SOTD: 3 Doors Down - Running Out Of Days
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
O HELL NO. /caps

seriously, as long as that damn Snape snake doesn't come through with the Slytherines delivery, he gets nothing. zip. zilt. not a thing.
also, i don't share any girl i've worked that hard on.

yea yea i said hard on, now stop gigglin' willya.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 75 Votes