tarzan999

Aug 11, 2016
I've been working on WTS for a while now, and I have to admit that I've been feeling a bit frustrated with the criticism I've been receiving. As a coder, I'm used to getting feedback, but it seems like a lot of the feedback posted here (Let's be honest, most of the feedback on this site is negative) I've been getting is more about what's wrong with the art, rather than what's right.

I'll be the first to admit that my art skills are a work in progress. I'm not a professional artist, I am a coder by heart, and I'm still learning the craft. But I'm trying my best, and I'm pouring my heart and soul into this project. And you know why? Because I care.

I've noticed that a lot of the criticism I've been getting is based on the fact that my art style isn't exactly like Akabur's. But I don't want to be Akabur. I want to be me. I want to have my own style, my own vision, and my own way of expressing myself through art.

I'm not asking for perfection. I'm just asking for a little bit of understanding and support. If you're willing to help out and offer constructive feedback, that's great. But if all you're going to do is criticise, then maybe it's not worth it.

I'm not trying to be confrontational, but I do want to make it clear that I'm not just doing this for fun. I'm doing it because I care about the project and the community. And I'm willing to put in the effort to make it happen.

I have to say that I'm a bit disappointed by the lack of people willing to help out and contribute to the project. It seems like everyone is just waiting for someone else to do the work, and then they'll just criticise. It's a bit frustrating, to be honest.

But, if you're willing to help out and offer constructive feedback, that's great. Let's work together to make WTS the best it can be. But if you're just going to criticise, then maybe it's time for you to take a step back and think about why you're really here.
If we are going to work together then you are gonna have to pay us. If you don't want to pay us that's fine, but be prepared to receive criticisms and not much else. Welcome to the real world.

Laritas

Jul 10, 2023
If we are going to work together then you are gonna have to pay us. If you don't want to pay us that's fine, but be prepared to receive criticisms and not much else. Welcome to the real world.
Welcome to the reality in which people have less and less desire to put their heart and soul into creating something for the community for free because of jerks like you.

All it needs is respect and recognition for all the work that goes into such projects.

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
I've been working on WTS for a while now, and I have to admit that I've been feeling a bit frustrated with the criticism I've been receiving. As a coder, I'm used to getting feedback, but it seems like a lot of the feedback posted here (Let's be honest, most of the feedback on this site is negative) I've been getting is more about what's wrong with the art, rather than what's right.

---snip---
I have to say that I'm a bit disappointed by the lack of people willing to help out and contribute to the project. It seems like everyone is just waiting for someone else to do the work, and then they'll just criticise. It's a bit frustrating, to be honest.

---snip---
It's like they say, people will complain when things are wrong but will say nothing when its right because they got what they wanted. Looking at this forum you can see there are a lot of people that comment, and many more who don't, what you are getting for feedback are the "vocal minority" while many of us who play the game and like it, just ignore it.

Though as a developer, I get your point about knowing, are you doing a good enough job when you get minimal feedback. I'll say yes, the art and game are enjoyable, the art works for me, and I have enjoyed many hours of playing the game and looking forward to more coming.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017

I'll be the first to admit that my art skills are a work in progress. I'm not a professional artist, I am a coder by heart, and I'm still learning the craft. But I'm trying my best, and I'm pouring my heart and soul into this project. And you know why? Because I care.

I've noticed that a lot of the criticism I've been getting is based on the fact that my art style isn't exactly like Akabur's. But I don't want to be Akabur. I want to be me. I want to have my own style, my own vision, and my own way of expressing myself through art.

I'm not asking for perfection. I'm just asking for a little bit of understanding and support. If you're willing to help out and offer constructive feedback, that's great. But if all you're going to do is criticise, then maybe it's not worth it.

I'm not trying to be confrontational, but I do want to make it clear that I'm not just doing this for fun. I'm doing it because I care about the project and the community. And I'm willing to put in the effort to make it happen.

But, if you're willing to help out and offer constructive feedback, that's great. Let's work together to make WTS the best it can be. But if you're just going to criticise, then maybe it's time for you to take a step back and think about why you're really here.
nothing wrong on art besides occasional body parts being apart on sexscenes.

verdissimojack

Sep 24, 2018

You're doing great for a person that isn't an artist. Your models aren't the same as Akabur... so what? I noticed the first time and then forgot about it because they look good and fit the aesthetic.

Thank you for your great work!

And now a question for other fellow players. Can you recommend games with girls like Luna? Like dumb and/or innocent girls that don't know what's going on and you take advantage of them. I don't know how to search for it, most I find is too agressive for my taste or lolis, but Luna here is perfect.

SuperMaxo

Nov 3, 2017
And now a question for other fellow players. Can you recommend games with girls like Luna? Like dumb and/or innocent girls that don't know what's going on and you take advantage of them. I don't know how to search for it, most I find is too agressive for my taste or lolis, but Luna here is perfect.
if you don’t mind RPGM games with turn-based combat, you might find the heroine of Princess Project to your liking

• Red Heart
Reactions: verdissimojack

Bummenphist

Jul 21, 2018
You can't really justify your own personal position as "the real world". It's totally your decision whether or not you respond in a positive or negative manner.

Apr 7, 2019
It's totally your decision whether or not you respond in a positive or negative manner.
That's true for all of us and is a great reminder to me personally and to all of us that our words and attitudes are ours to determine and can have an impact on others. Even a post that takes 10 seconds to write can change the trajectory of someones day. Thank you for expressing it so well.

MasterG18

May 13, 2021

I never found the art to be terrible, my only critic would be to make the girls have some more ass and to add more scenes between the other girls that Hermione can already do

Reactions: commonkira

Chakas

Dec 19, 2017
I've noticed that a lot of the criticism I've been getting is based on the fact that my art style isn't exactly like Akabur's. But I don't want to be Akabur. I want to be me
I totally respect that. But the problem is that people dig Akabur art style a lot, it is a huge reason why his games are so famous and by extension this one. The reason this one is more famous is because you guys expanded an already good game with more content, but changing the art is like changing the soul of the game.

No one would care *about the art* in a different game, people criticism is valid. They will come around eventually because the content will outweight the need for Akabur art.

Sorry about the english, am foreign writing in the dark lol

Sexdrake

Aug 31, 2020

It may not seem like that for you, as you are doing so much work on this project, but to anyone who plays WTS, it will always be a mod of WT, which is a game made by Akabur. Especially since most of the infrastructure of the game is unchanged (poses, gameplay, etc.)

You will always be compared to Akabur and his games if this is the project you want to identify yourself with. You cannot escape this, especially since you are making a game that appeals to a part of the human brain that has the least intellectual activity.

On top of that, you are mostly trying to appeal to a young male demographic. I understand the frustration, but unless you create your own work, you will always be compared to Akabur, and this comparison will always be rather harsh or without a specific vision.

I wouldn't dub that criticism, just a comparison. I'm not sure the kind of criticism you are searching for is the on you will be able to find here. I don't believe your art can be critiqued by just a single image, that is not fair. What I can say, however, is that your art has very few shade variants and almost no tint variants. So only 2 types of shadow and almost no white shadows. The tints and shades are what give brilliance, depth and life to characters most of the time. In the image posted, Cho's head seems especially unproportioned compared to the other 3. Beyond that, it lacks character, rather it is the drawing character of Akabur. All of these can be rectifiable if you keep drawing, but the latter point requires you to study how you draw as well. But again, the issue will always be the game itself, then the setting, then the art.

I am writing this because if you look at 'Hero Party Must Fall', you will be able to see a similar story to yours. The art of that game started very rough, but the setting, story and characters were unique, and they were extremely well written. The art improved at a very rapid pace with time, and right now it has much more character and looks much better. But what really draws the player is the story.

I enjoy WTS, it is so much better than most of the games we see here, but if you are finding yourself stuck in a rut, trying to express yourself via another setting might be best. Good luck!

Edit: I forgot to add that the point I enjoyed the most on WTS was the card game. It's a great concept! You have art, a gameplay mechanic, and for each game won you earn prizes. It is also separated from WTS and Akabur.

Randomisator

Sep 22, 2018

why are you bothering yourself like that?

You know very well that those who complain are in reality a very small minority

anger ( why on this game idk) but is a feeling that makes you react directly and forces you to yell (even with a keyboard) so inevitably this very small minority seems bigger than what it is

the majority like it but very rarely take the time to write something positive

It's a shame that the happy majority are silent but that's how it is, it's like a good meal, we very rarely talk when the food is absolutely crazy

exactly like the difference between a weak burger and a strong one

Between a weak burger
And a burger that has strength?
A burger that has strength
A weak burger, you can chew and still talk
A burger with strength, you chew
And the meat just absorbs all the space
And all the air possible all in your throat
To the point that if you wanted to start talkin
Nothin' but mm-mm, mm-mm, mm-mm, mm-mm, mm-mm
Is comin out, word

Dayum.jpg Dayum2.jpg

Bobthrowomgplz

Dec 1, 2023

There is no shortage of people who criticize without creating anything of their own. There are so many who go on and on how they could manage a company better than Elon musk or how they could be as great as Usain Bolt if they only had the genetics. But those people create nothing to be proud of. What will all those criticizers have to show in 5 years? Nothing. Thank you so much for your contribution.

Sincerely a big fan.

Zaiaku

Jul 1, 2017
There is no shortage of people who criticize without creating anything of their own. There are so many who go on and on how they could manage a company better than Elon musk or how they could be as great as Usain Bolt if they only had the genetics. But those people create nothing to be proud of. What will all those criticizers have to show in 5 years? Nothing. Thank you so much for your contribution.

Sincerely a big fan.
Classic case of put up or, well not shut up, but definitely watch on how you say something.

4.10 star(s) 77 Votes