Mar 24, 2023
And the content that Akabur made is still basically the only reason Silver is good. The new art and writing are not anything special. And on top of the additions not being great they have also been extremely slow to develop. Mostly because the modders keep upgrading old content constantly instead of adding new content.

I am still happy that this game is being worked on, but the Silver team is not competent. If they were they would have massively expanded the content by now with art or more events. They are doing the bare minimum and make money just because Akabur's Hermione is great.
While I understand some of the points you are making, I find a couple of your statements rather extreme & unfair.

Sure, it's not like the Silver team made a game of their own but if you follow them for long enough, you can't argue the fact they are putting their hearts out into making a solid game that is, not merely a copy of the already existing content, but a project that ressemble them. While it's a given the initial material isn't theirs, the fact they are trying to work into making the writting & gameplay more coherent, working on different features either to be improved or implomented all the while continuing to work on adding actual contents should be put to their credits.

Deeming them 'incompetent' simply because they have chosen an approach that's not what certain people would like (aka simply focusing on adding more contents, more regularly) harms your overall statement, which I clealry believe is shared amongst the player base.

Cause yeah, while the dev team is transparent (some appreciate it, some other don't really care), the actual content is slow to come. I can't argue that either, it sure as hell is frustrating but at the end of the day, they opted for a long-term approach and while it will lose them some people along the way, I do believe it's the right call when wanting to make something good.

You clearly don't seem to be the kind of guy that rewards good intentions solely and that's fine. But making the so-original claim that all they do is milking money, while there would be so many easier ways to do it than what they are doing, is putting it a bit far.

tarzan999

Aug 11, 2016
Oh, the jerk again. If you think it's all so awful, why do you even bother? Just complaining for the sake of complaining?

The SilverMod has expanded the game by at least 5 times. There are regular status updates on the Discord. Next Tonk will get a big expansion.

But here you are, moaning about people not programming and expanding a free game full time so you can have an update every month.

Psycho vampires like you rob other people of all motivation and lust for life.
What is the point of being content with shit even if it is free? I don't care why something is shit. I want it to stop being shit. People like you have terminally low standards.
Sure, it's not like the Silver team made a game of their own but if you follow them for long enough, you can't argue the fact they are putting their hearts out into making a solid game
You just lost me with that sentence. It doesn't matter if the product is free or not or if it is made with 'love' or not. The product is low quality. So my complaints are are a lot more warranted than your defense. Maybe the dev team would be more focused on making actual content instead of engine updates, old content minor touch-ups and mascots(I have a feeling that this mascot will be used just like in Innocent Witches. They will make costumes for her and pass it off as content) if there weren't people in forums fighting for them to do less. It's just counter productive behavior. I would understand if you defend them after some user called them rude names or something more extreme, but I am just pointing out the obvious. They are incompetent and ride on the coattails of Akabur and knights in shining armor like you to get paid without having to work too hard and start getting good at art and writing.

Last edited:

wilparu

Jun 30, 2017
I know some people get oddly mad about it but if anyone has a save I'd love to not have to play hours of this game for the xth time. Thanks!

Combat1

Jul 24, 2022
And the content that Akabur made is still basically the only reason Silver is good. The new art and writing are not anything special. And on top of the additions not being great they have also been extremely slow to develop. Mostly because the modders keep upgrading old content constantly instead of adding new content.

I am still happy that this game is being worked on, but the Silver team is not competent. If they were they would have massively expanded the content by now with art or more events. They are doing the bare minimum and make money just because Akabur's Hermione is great.
I just can't even understand complaining so much about something that someone is willingly providing you for free.

I seriously don't get it. There is so much QQ on this site complaining about stuff that the developers are under no obligation whatsoever to provide to you.

If you're actively supporting the Patreon or whatever then I get complaining, but all of us are leeches that don't deserve anything. I genuinely don't understand the mindset of whining on here.

parakep

Apr 29, 2020
I just can't even understand complaining so much about something that someone is willingly providing you for free.

I seriously don't get it. There is so much QQ on this site complaining about stuff that the developers are under no obligation whatsoever to provide to you.

If you're actively supporting the Patreon or whatever then I get complaining, but all of us are leeches that don't deserve anything. I genuinely don't understand the mindset of whining on here.
Something being free doesn't make it immune to criticism. And why shouldn't people be free to complain about whatever they want? Because you are too sensitive and your feelings get hurt?

Sheajin

Mar 7, 2022
What is the point of being content with shit even if it is free? I don't care why something is shit. I want it to stop being shit. People like you have terminally low standards.

You just lost me with that sentence. It doesn't matter if the product is free or not or if it is made with 'love' or not. The product is low quality. So my complaints are are a lot more warranted than your defense. Maybe the dev team would be more focused on making actual content instead of engine updates, old content minor touch-ups and mascots(I have a feeling that this mascot will be used just like in Innocent Witches. They will make costumes for her and pass it off as content) if there weren't people in forums fighting for them to do less. It's just counter productive behavior. I would understand if you defend them after some user called them rude names or something more extreme, but I am just pointing out the obvious. They are incompetent and ride on the coattails of Akabur and knights in shining armor like you to get paid without having to work too hard and start getting good at art and writing.
womp womp

VonRaschke

Aug 11, 2016
I don't mind however long the new updates take, but after 7 years it does make me think if the devs should have just moved on to make their own game by now. It's fun to check back in on this mod once a year or two to see what's been changed or added, but after a couple hours I get bored and just remember why I stopped playing Akabur's games years ago.

Mar 24, 2023
You just lost me with that sentence. It doesn't matter if the product is free or not or if it is made with 'love' or not. The product is low quality. [
Yes it does. There is a difference between the dev(s) blatantly milking patreons (you don't need to look very far to find some exemples) and those who are actually giving a shit, regardless if it pleases or not. Pretending it doesn't matter shows how awfully absolute your whole argument is.

Maybe the dev team would be more focused on making actual content instead of engine updates, old content minor touch-ups and mascots (I have a feeling that this mascot will be used just like in Innocent Witches. They will make costumes for her and pass it off as content) if there weren't people in forums fighting for them to do less. It's just counter productive behavior. They are incompetent and ride on the coattails of Akabur and knights in shining armor like you to get paid without having to work too hard and start getting good at art and writing.
Surely acting like a complete ass, calling either the people incompetent or the work they do shit just because it doesn't satisfy your vision of how things should be done end-up being far more productive, right? Such an unique & rational approach must be working wonders both IRL & online, so much that it gets me to wonder why we don't all this way, about everything.

Last edited:
Reactions: thisisi and Laritas

tarzan999

Aug 11, 2016
Yes it does. There is a difference between the dev(s) blatantly milking patreons (you don't need to look very far to find some exemples) and those who are actually giving a shit, regardless if it pleases or not. Pretending it doesn't matter shows how awfully absolute your whole argument is.

Surely acting like a complete ass, calling either the people incompetent or the work they do shit just because it doesn't satisfy your vision of how things should be done end-up being far more productive, right? Such an unique & rational approach must be working wonders both IRL & online, so much that it gets me to wonder why we don't all this way, about everything.
If you don't speak up and criticize shit you will never get anything but shit. You have a glitch in your brain and it causes you to have low standards.

Mar 24, 2023
You are going full circles and I don't believe delving further into the ad-hominem will get us anywhere.

Criticizing is fine and can actually help people to improve but unlike what you may believe, it matters how you do it. I will leave it at that.

tarzan999

Aug 11, 2016
You are going full circles and I don't believe delving further into the ad-hominem will get us anywhere.

Criticizing is fine and can actually help people to improve but unlike what you may believe, it matters how you do it. I will leave it at that.
What should matter even more is that people should not praise or defend bad products even if they are free.

Reactions: KarenJimmy

SuperMaxo

Nov 3, 2017
True. The question, then, is how to decide if a product (free or not) is good or bad.

For some types of products, it’s relatively easy. If a car or a fridge or a hairdryer breaks and ceases functioning after a couple of uses, then one can safely say they are bad products.

In general, though, determining whether a product is good or bad is more a matter of consensus, of majority of opinions. This is especially true in the case of cultural products, like books, films, songs or paintings. Whether computer games can be considered « culture » is debatable, but I’ve read magazines that publish critical evaluations of games alongside music and film reviews.

In the case of this particular game, you seem to be of the opinion that it is bad, which is your right; I, on the other hand, think that it is good. Now my opinion is no more, and no less valid, than yours, and arguing over who is right would be pointless. It’s a matter of taste, is all.

Zero54

Jun 16, 2017
Can I use my save file from the original game or should I just start from scratch?

Nvm, I tried and it was incompatible.

Last edited:

MattSS

Apr 30, 2018
I played the original back in the day. Crazy this mod is still being made. What are the main differences between it and the original?

VonRaschke

Aug 11, 2016
I played the original back in the day. Crazy this mod is still being made. What are the main differences between it and the original?
There are new girls, a lot of new content and gameplay systems, and some new Hermione stuff, but sadly a lot of the new stuff isn't finished, so while there's a lot of stuff to do you'll frequently run into dead ends before you're funneled back to the original Akabur endgame with Hermione.

LoafyLemon

Witch Trainer Silver
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2017
Hey everyone, just wanted to take a sec to thank you all for the support and kind words after my last post. I was expecting a lot of hate (lol, I mean, I'm on F95Zone after all), but instead I got a ton of encouragement and thoughtful feedback. It really means a lot to me, and it's helped me to see that there's still some good people out there who care about the stuff we create.

I know I can be a bit of a downer sometimes, venting about the haters and whatnot, but it's nice to know that there are people who actually care and want to help. So thanks again, everyone, for being awesome. You guys are the reason I keep coming back to this site, even when I'm getting roasted for my art.

I drew a little something to say thanks, hope you guys like it:

1723579214682.png

tarzan999

Aug 11, 2016
Hey everyone, just wanted to take a sec to thank you all for the support and kind words after my last post. I was expecting a lot of hate (lol, I mean, I'm on F95Zone after all), but instead I got a ton of encouragement and thoughtful feedback. It really means a lot to me, and it's helped me to see that there's still some good people out there who care about the stuff we create.

I know I can be a bit of a downer sometimes, venting about the haters and whatnot, but it's nice to know that there are people who actually care and want to help. So thanks again, everyone, for being awesome. You guys are the reason I keep coming back to this site, even when I'm getting roasted for my art.

I drew a little something to say thanks, hope you guys like it:

View attachment 3928992
This is rubbing salt in the wound of people rightfully complaining about how little art has been implemented into the game.

Reactions: Thedarkdragon007
4.10 star(s) 77 Votes