• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

donSilver

Enjoyer
Game Developer
Nov 30, 2018
So the first AI art games has released. Let's see how people will receive it.

May 8, 2017
So the first AI art games has released. Let's see how people will receive it.
Biggest issue is the god awful game that is with it... You can't back up, you can't move the camera, and everything feels floaty. Not to mention the frustrating minigames that you can skip but lose "rewards" (stats) that I have no idea what they're even for.

Edit: Hopefully future updates fix these things.

The_Hybrid

Nov 3, 2020
Does anyone else have problem with the PC file download??? I can't open it at all. It said it either damaged or doesn't exist

KingRocket

Jan 18, 2020
Ah yes, my favorite book. Harry Potter and the A.I. Generated Portrait. :sneaky:
It's a great sci-fi.

donSilver

Enjoyer
Game Developer
Nov 30, 2018
I mean, it's not the first, it's just the first (I've seen) that's done well (the art, not the actual game). Probably also why we're not seeing the usual "AI aRt Is baD" urchins scurrying around like usual. Guess they just go for the low hanging fruit.
I still think that a popular game with AI art will draw in a lot of hate. The only question is whether the hate will kill it or not.

Reactions: Kingdomless

Incubus

Jan 27, 2018
The only big downside to AI art so far I find, is the arcane methods you have to use to actually get it to do exactly what you want. I spent 15 minutes minimum trying to get Stable Diffusion to correctly depict a single amulet and get the right shape, material, and composition, with a sketch for how I wanted it to look like provided.
If a language model ever gets integrated with it to function as an efficient translator, then we're cooking!
The alternative to that though is 10-15 years of 2-3 hours per day of art practice though

So 15 minutes isn't nearly as big a deal as you'd think imo. Artists can do this fast, but the hours they've spent honing their craft isn't inconsequential.

2.90 star(s) 31 Votes