• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

CoupDeGrace

May 8, 2017
Don't want to devolve discussion into the AI art debate, but how come there are people against that concept?

After sufficient research, the only valid and objective issue I could find is the copyright infringement aspects. It's just so alien to me, to see random consumers whining about something they don't understand. As for the artists - sure it sucks, but if they think it to be "the end of the world" for their craft, I'm sorry to say but they weren't good enough artists to begin with.

ABthePerve

Jan 31, 2018
Don't want to devolve discussion into the AI art debate, but how come there are people against that concept?

After sufficient research, the only valid and objective issue I could find is the copyright infringement aspects. It's just so alien to me, to see random consumers whining about something they don't understand. As for the artists - sure it sucks, but if they think it to be "the end of the world" for their craft, I'm sorry to say but they weren't good enough artists to begin with.
In this case, it's from a model that is specifically trained to emulate someone's style, SamDoesArts specifically. Any artist would be furious that someone would try to rip off your style and, at best, piggyback off the years of effort that went into developing your style. And thats regarding other artists imitating you, it is so much worse when anyone at all can just rip a bunch of the art you have posted and generate tons of images, bastardising your style, and use for purposes like this where it's not only commercial but also NSFW and tied to a shit tier game.

The "they took our jobs" angle is going to be the one that normal people will sympathise and get upset about the most, and I imagine it is why there's as much outrage amongst the masses. With that said, this abysmal game shows us some other very real reasons why it's not a simple 'good or bad' conclusion when it comes to 'AI' image generation.

JMythHart

Dec 18, 2017
Okay, yall ranting about the ethics of AI art while im stuck here playing the strength class mini game for an hour because depth of view is dog shit, the ball has ridiculous acceleration. the tower is simultaneously flat and round. 19 millions corners to get caught on. please let me skip. have a nice day

CoupDeGrace

May 8, 2017
In this case, it's from a model that is specifically trained to emulate someone's style, SamDoesArts specifically. Any artist would be furious that someone would try to rip off your style and, at best, piggyback off the years of effort that went into developing your style. And thats regarding other artists imitating you, it is so much worse when anyone at all can just rip a bunch of the art you have posted and generate tons of images, bastardising your style, and use for purposes like this where it's not only commercial but also NSFW and tied to a shit tier game.

The "they took our jobs" angle is going to be the one that normal people will sympathise and get upset about the most, and I imagine it is why there's as much outrage amongst the masses. With that said, this abysmal game shows us some other very real reasons why it's not a simple 'good or bad' conclusion when it comes to 'AI' image generation.
So copyright infringement. But then again, it is a slippery slope either way because it's not like actual artists haven't been doing the same things for years. You can even occasionally see angry comments on f95 about some indie developer stealing other creator's scene "angles", style etc. So Imho AI art seems to be just a scapegoat. Either way, progress cannot be stopped and I genuinely hope that we will see some high quality games with AI art in them, after all we are all here to beat some meat and not debate morals.

lomechip

Nov 11, 2021
  • S-key moves you forward without playing the walk animation
  • Camera is God awful
  • No option to quit so I have to use the Task Manager or close from the taskbar
  • Game could really use a map
  • NPCs and items with labels that appear to be of some importance but can't be interacted with

May 8, 2017
Okay, yall ranting about the ethics of AI art while im stuck here playing the strength class mini game for an hour because depth of view is dog shit, the ball has ridiculous acceleration. the tower is simultaneously flat and round. 19 millions corners to get caught on. please let me skip. have a nice day
Totally agree
This is my first comment in years, please for the love of god fix the controls, controlling the fucking ball actually gave me cancer
Yea that is what made me stop. That was straight awful. But you can at least skip it by pressing 'P' I believe, you just don't get any of the rewards/stats, although I'm not sure what they do.

elmicho

Feb 13, 2020
please don't be like the other potter game that was abandoned

the art style looks pretty dope tho

joryh

Nov 8, 2021
I mean, it's not the first, it's just the first (I've seen) that's done well (the art, not the actual game). Probably also why we're not seeing the usual "AI aRt Is baD" urchins scurrying around like usual. Guess they just go for the low hanging fruit.
It's not even remotely the first. My ignore list is full of them.

Reactions: Popppoollplp

joryh

Nov 8, 2021

Yeah. Cause the devs who write these programs, and scrape the artists work to 'train' the AI are all amazing. That's why they were scraping actual artists and not paying for their work. The ones who aren't good enough aRtIsTs are the ppl who rely on this shit.

Deformed hands, mishapen faces, pussies LITERALLY in the side of a fucking LEG. All are what I've seen as just a pittance of examples of this shit. But this is better then the actual artists who actually can draw. You're idiotic.

2.90 star(s) 31 Votes