2.90 star(s) 31 Votes

proutprout

May 17, 2017
Tbh pretty clever thinking to go searching for May and Tom elsewhere but yeah it's actually not where you're supposed to go, or at least you're not supposed to take the shortcut behind the painting to it. In the common room, towards the exit, you'll run into Hermione and that'll end the night!

And the Ghoul Quest was unfortunately interwoven with the main storyline at some point. It hadn't really occurred to me how many problems that'd of course lead to, but yeah, both Merula's Task and the further Halloween plot are dependent on it. For Quiz Bowl, it's a window on 2rd floor in Eastern Building! And thanks a lot man, it's appreciated!
Thanks for the help !

I'm not sure if my save's corrupted or something, if so I can just pick one that has like 1 to 2h of gameplay missing but is that actually where I need to go? Cause that way (and the corridor on the left side of there) are both blocked by invisible walls so I can't get to that part of the common room.. Only the right side (which is the exit) is somewhere I can walk to

bluewitchgames

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2023
Thanks for the help !

I'm not sure if my save's corrupted or something, if so I can just pick one that has like 1 to 2h of gameplay missing but is that actually where I need to go? Cause that way (and the corridor on the left side of there) are both blocked by invisible walls so I can't get to that part of the common room.. Only the right side (which is the exit) is somewhere I can walk to
It should be at this corner, yup. It probably has something to do with the fact that you haven't done the Ghoul quest, but for now you can do ActiveRemote,colliderHermione,true and you should be set
w.jpg

Reactions: proutprout

Nikeee

Sep 16, 2016
Can't buy Hermione's swimsuit. I have 55 galleons but it says i don't have enough.
I also bought the weights for Hana but the choice to give them to her doesn't appear.

There are way too many bugs preventing progress.

bluewitchgames

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2023
Can't buy Hermione's swimsuit. I have 55 galleons but it says i don't have enough.
I also bought the weights for Hana but the choice to give them to her doesn't appear.

There are way too many bugs preventing progress.
Well, yes. Check the OP. :cry: A lot of things (more than I realised) got screwed over by the new item system

Question.. Just how many girls are there currently in the game?... 1-5 or much more?
I don't know your exact criteria of course, but almost every female NPC in the game has art! Probably like 6-8 regular girls, and a couple of others in side scenes

proutprout

May 17, 2017
It should be at this corner, yup. It probably has something to do with the fact that you haven't done the Ghoul quest, but for now you can do ActiveRemote,colliderHermione,true and you should be set
View attachment 3683453
Got me through one dialogue but then I couldn't proceed any further still

Foreign Visit is still not working (as if the day didn't end yet and I have no access to the chair nor the bed)

Only hint I got is that there are "Friends" (with Ron, Fabian and Hermione in her Halloween costume) downstairs at the Serpent Staircase with that dialogue:

Joined the discord and saw that I'm not the only one having that issue lol
Is there a command that can fix through that or?

proutprout

May 17, 2017

Foreign Visit is still not working (as if the day didn't end yet and I have no access to the chair nor the bed)

Only hint I got is that there are "Friends" (with Ron, Fabian and Hermione in her Halloween costume) downstairs at the Serpent Staircase with that dialogue:

Nevermind ! Noticed too late that I had a new quest with Dumbledore and that I actually could go to bed thanks to that new event (probably triggered by talking to the "end night" in the last post)

Dec 20, 2018
Sorry to be THAT GUY, but do you happen to have a ballpark on when the less-buggy update will be coming? Love the game, love the art (AI or not, this art is FIRE, THIS is the proper use of AI. Talented programmer/game creator making his dream without having to delve into finding and relying on a professional artist), but I've never managed to get past the beach day without a gamebreaking glitch. And I've played this game A LOT. Not knocking you, I can't even imagine creating a game of this scale with MY skills, but... gods do I want to get to endgame and find the spicier content. Patiently waiting for the next update, but just curious on whether I should be waiting 12 hours or almost a week. Best wishes, hope your life is going well bud.

• Red Heart
Reactions: bluewitchgames

bluewitchgames

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2023

The quest there is that way because it's been taken out of commission so to to speak while I'm doing some reworks to it!
But yeah, at this point, your save is sort of botched and you'll have to force through so much stuff with commands. Depending on the stage, you may have already done all its parts. Could you tell me which exactly?

Sorry to be THAT GUY, but do you happen to have a ballpark on when the less-buggy update will be coming? Love the game, love the art (AI or not, this art is FIRE, THIS is the proper use of AI. Talented programmer/game creator making his dream without having to delve into finding and relying on a professional artist), but I've never managed to get past the beach day without a gamebreaking glitch. And I've played this game A LOT. Not knocking you, I can't even imagine creating a game of this scale with MY skills, but... gods do I want to get to endgame and find the spicier content. Patiently waiting for the next update, but just curious on whether I should be waiting 12 hours or almost a week. Best wishes, hope your life is going well bud.
Seriously appreciate the post man, thank you. I'm going to try not to give date estimates, but there's a good deal of stuff to get through (and more coming in, still, lol). I'm guessing it's especially the jump bug that has screwed your saves? Will be getting to it soon at least. Just posting things as they get done on the discord. And you too man!

Mindblow

Jul 23, 2018
Yo, is there a way or a command to pump up the brightness. Im at a part with the Mabinogion Castle, but it is nighttime and i can't see anything, it's mostly all black. Alredy tried the isNightTimeOff command, but that didnt work. At a loss here.

proutprout

May 17, 2017
The quest there is that way because it's been taken out of commission so to to speak while I'm doing some reworks to it!
But yeah, at this point, your save is sort of botched and you'll have to force through so much stuff with commands. Depending on the stage, you may have already done all its parts. Could you tell me which exactly?

Seriously appreciate the post man, thank you. I'm going to try not to give date estimates, but there's a good deal of stuff to get through (and more coming in, still, lol). I'm guessing it's especially the jump bug that has screwed your saves? Will be getting to it soon at least. Just posting things as they get done on the discord. And you too man!
What I actually did is I downloaded the previous public version (0.65) and did the Halloween night event from that game version
After that, it's all marked as beta content (I guess the "0.7" version uploaded here doesn't include Dark Arts 2 which starts after that night and so on)

Travelling the castle searching for what else could've changed from that I found the half-veela on the 2nd floor of the Eastern Building and she asked me to find her sisters (I saw someone mention that the following part was also bugged, they mentionned going to the Quiddich Field but no one was there, I only went by "Ginny" (not "Ginny Weasley") who was bugged in the floor in the P-E backyard lol)

Not exactly sure what to do from there, I guess I need to wait for the next release to continue the content

bluewitchgames

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2023
Yo, is there a way or a command to pump up the brightness. Im at a part with the Mabinogion Castle, but it is nighttime and i can't see anything, it's mostly all black. Alredy tried the isNightTimeOff command, but that didnt work. At a loss here.
In the command prompt, enter setTime, and then a number around 60-180!
But yeah, that area needs to be lit up a LOT. Didn't occur to me it'd be that badly fucked up over the reduced global lighting lol

What I actually did is I downloaded the previous public version (0.65) and did the Halloween night event from that game version
After that, it's all marked as beta content (I guess the "0.7" version uploaded here doesn't include Dark Arts 2 which starts after that night and so on)

Travelling the castle searching for what else could've changed from that I found the half-veela on the 2nd floor of the Eastern Building and she asked me to find her sisters (I saw someone mention that the following part was also bugged, they mentionned going to the Quiddich Field but no one was there, I only went by "Ginny" (not "Ginny Weasley") who was bugged in the floor in the P-E backyard lol)

Not exactly sure what to do from there, I guess I need to wait for the next release to continue the content
Yup, that's the end of the non-beta release! As for the half-veela quest, it sounds like you're at the end. Just noticed that I seem to have deleted the entry description for that stage, but it should say [Coming Soon]. Fixed now!

Nikeee

Sep 16, 2016
Any chance to get a save with all or most of the gallery ? I feel like i missed tons of pictures and scenes.

Dec 20, 2018

Mostly, the jump bug is certainly the most common one I stumble across. I'm stubborn, if I get glitched out of a quest or something, I'll use the bug reset and try to make my way back to the quest triggers, or reset/reload, but the most common glitches I get are the jump one and the 'whoops your character is now a brunette' one. lol Although I think the most recent issue I experienced... I think like two updates ago? I tried to change my character's name at the bookcase and got a full screen freeze.

Regardless, my enjoyment of the game isn't much taken away by the glitches. Just looking forward to dig in deeper and experience the later game content. I'd be a Patreon supporter if I could afford it, but I barely manage to keep my gas tank half full nowadays. Maybe I'll get the opportunity to offer some real support in the next few months. Keep on being awesome!

• Red Heart
Reactions: bluewitchgames

Nikeee

Sep 16, 2016
Are the beta only quests really playable ? I entered the code and i can't start Defense against dark arts 2.

Last edited:

bluewitchgames

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2023
Mostly, the jump bug is certainly the most common one I stumble across. I'm stubborn, if I get glitched out of a quest or something, I'll use the bug reset and try to make my way back to the quest triggers, or reset/reload, but the most common glitches I get are the jump one and the 'whoops your character is now a brunette' one. lol Although I think the most recent issue I experienced... I think like two updates ago? I tried to change my character's name at the bookcase and got a full screen freeze.

Regardless, my enjoyment of the game isn't much taken away by the glitches. Just looking forward to dig in deeper and experience the later game content. I'd be a Patreon supporter if I could afford it, but I barely manage to keep my gas tank half full nowadays. Maybe I'll get the opportunity to offer some real support in the next few months. Keep on being awesome!
Ah yes lmao. The name change should be fixed now at least! Getting to the jump bug in a sec too. And seriously man that's completely alright. I appreciate your support here and the words - it's just as much what keeps the project going as the patreon is. So thanks man, and you too

2.90 star(s) 31 Votes