GrannyJuices

Dec 27, 2019
I'm stuck on Patricia's route. I've found the 2nd scroll, waited the necessary days and now it says "Everything somehow went wrong... again, some searches". I assume the painting and symbol on the wall of the 2nd floor Bar are clues, but I can't seem to find anything else.

GUPTAJI

Dec 15, 2018
i am stuck on sylvia's route. To defeat wood monsters I need help from disar but when I go to disar no conversation available. Same thing happens in annie's route also. She wants me to thanks disar.

Please clarify it this is an error or the end of current build

GUPTAJI

Dec 15, 2018
I'm stuck on Patricia's route. I've found the 2nd scroll, waited the necessary days and now it says "Everything somehow went wrong... again, some searches". I assume the painting and symbol on the wall of the 2nd floor Bar are clues, but I can't seem to find anything else.
Did you click on the arrow near the main entrance of the cave?

xswarm

Jul 28, 2019
I'm stuck at ?James? route. It says i should talk to James but it only shows the "Nevermind." option. Is this a feature or bug or only my game bugged?

Mattock

May 27, 2018
great game! (english not so great, lol;) sorry!
just started to play; more feedback may follow, but on 1st glimpse:
started 0.4.0 and now 0.12.A but you still not gotten rid of the renpy-standard vertical divider in menu which crosses your buttons...
also (menu-)"title" is "above" your -return-button-

if I may be allowed to post a:
Code:
#lil betterments of menu
init 520 python:
    renpy.image("aImageOverlay7", renpy.display.image.Solid("#0007"))#just plain black with 70/ff alpha
init offset=525
style game_menu_outer_frame:
    bottom_padding 30
    top_padding 120
    background "aImageOverlay7"#background "gui/overlay/game_menu.png"#use the up solid instead non-fitting standard
style game_menu_label:#warning! will apply to all (screen-language-)labels of "game-menu" !
    left_margin 320#game_menu_navigation_frame:xsize 280 + game_menu_content_frame:left_margin 40##move menu-title more to the right(at same pos as file_slots)

screen preferences() tag menu:#move translation-box into text-speed-vbox to prevent need to scroll
    use game_menu(_("Preferences"), scroll="viewport"):
        vbox:
            hbox:
                box_wrap True
                if renpy.variant("pc"):
                    vbox:
                        style_prefix "radio"
                        label _("Display")
                        textbutton _("Window") action Preference("display", "window")
                        textbutton _("Fullscreen") action Preference("display", "fullscreen")
                vbox:
                    style_prefix "radio"
                    label _("Rollback Side")
                    textbutton _("Disable") action Preference("rollback side", "disable")
                    textbutton _("Left") action Preference("rollback side", "left")
                    textbutton _("Right") action Preference("rollback side", "right")
                vbox:
                    style_prefix "check"
                    label _("Skip")
                    textbutton _("Unseen Text") action Preference("skip", "toggle")
                    textbutton _("After Choices") action Preference("after choices", "toggle")
                    textbutton _("Transitions") action InvertSelected(Preference("transitions", "toggle"))
            null height (4 * gui.pref_spacing)
            hbox:
                style_prefix "slider"
                box_wrap True
                vbox:
                    label _("Text Speed")
                    bar value Preference("text speed")
                    label _("Auto-Forward Time")
                    bar value Preference("auto-forward time")
                    null height 4*gui.pref_spacing##mod insert
                    frame:##mod to here
                        style_prefix "pref"
                        has vbox
                        label _("Language")
                        textbutton "English" action Language(None)
                        textbutton "Russian" action Language("russian")##mod e
                vbox:
                    if config.has_music:
                        label _("Music Volume")
                        hbox:
                            bar value Preference("music volume")
                    if config.has_sound:
                        label _("Sound Volume")
                        hbox:
                            bar value Preference("sound volume")
                            if config.sample_sound:
                                textbutton _("Test") action Play("sound", config.sample_sound)
                    if config.has_voice:
                        label _("Voice Volume")
                        hbox:
                            bar value Preference("voice volume")
                            if config.sample_voice:
                                textbutton _("Test") action Play("voice", config.sample_voice)
                    if config.has_music or config.has_sound or config.has_voice:
                        null height gui.pref_spacing
                        textbutton _("Mute All"):
                            action Preference("all mute", "toggle")
                            style "mute_all_button"
                #frame:#mod away from here
                    #style_prefix "pref"
                    #has vbox
                    #label _("Language")
                    #textbutton "English" action Language(None)
                    #textbutton "Russian" action Language("russian")

init offset=0
(just copy above code into a file e.g. called mattocksLousyMenuBetterments.rpy in game-dir of WA 0.12.Alpha)

(of course I also use my save-game-description-mod;)
have fun!

at Panda: the "screen preferences"-changes are plain enough to implement if you want to...(tho I personally would use a radio instead of the frame...but that's up2u)
tho it may seem a bit unlogical, you can just declare the (solid)image somewhere and (initwise beforehand) "then" change the style; it'll "just work"(python-philosophy-wise).
But both "style-adds/changes" must be either changed in screens.rpy or later than original initialized
i.e. min
init offset=1

Edit: changed var-name of example

Last edited:
Reactions: t727

GUPTAJI

Dec 15, 2018
i am stuck on sylvia's route. To defeat wood monsters I need help from disar but when I go to disar no conversation available. Same thing happens in annie's route also. She wants me to thanks disar.

Please clarify it this is an error or the end of current build
please reply anyone

RJO-999

Nov 10, 2019
Im having an error with the battle slaves. It says i need to go to their room, and i already got the key, but they are never there when I go in?? can sumone pls help?

JJJ4544

Nov 26, 2017
In quest of fox girl i get 2 codes but the code of mainroom i not get can someone show me where i search? Please.

Mattock

May 27, 2018
hello again ;)

trying to summarize:
-I love the art
-I love the setting and general story of the game
-I love that the "main-stories" are in itself quite linear, I(, personally,) wouldn't really want too much incompatible paths; but you can explore different "main-stories" mostly independant from each other! that's great!!!

so much for the pro(don't get me wrong, that is really GREAT!)
but I just can't leave without pointing out some con's too...
-the english is...kinda horrible...
(while constantly changing she/he/her/him/hers'/his is some thing with old JAP-translations...here it's totally overdone...imho
and in general...mostly I at least can guess what is meant, but sometimes it is just some random words which make no sense at all...)
e.g.at:convent: you even said once ladder...but later you have to find the "stairs" argh...not sure if horrible english is just some hobby of yours???
-that "ship-interlude" is just tooo lengthy! and there are toooo much "quests" like: go there; go there; go there; go there; go there; go there; well done! == boring!

now to the feedback-part:
-I still think my 3 menu-betterments from my previous post should be done.
(if you want to implement it, please use your own variable-name(for the image), or the more general one, I edited in.(please don't use "mtk", "mttk" or "mttkmod" in any upper-/lower-case variation, THANK YOU!))

-another irritation is the use of a unicode-char(utf8 $E28099) with a font that can't print it...
It's the single quote that's e.g. used in: can't / It's / that's

It's e.g. found once in main_quest.rpy:
amelia "Thanks Pit, I should go. you're funny merlin, come to the forge and we can talk there."
(I changed it in up example to a normal single quote)

I found it in 19 .rpy (excluding "tl"-folder)

I've overridden the say-screen to replace it with an escaped single quote:
Code:
##exchange non-printable unicode-' with \' in say
init offset=11
screen say(who, what):
    style_prefix "say"
    $ aStringNewWhat = what.replace("’", "\'")#unicode!(utf8) $E28099
    window:
        id "window"
        if who is not None:
            window:
                id "namebox"
                style "namebox"
                text who id "who"
        text aStringNewWhat id "what"#text what id "what"
    if not renpy.variant("small"):
        add SideImage() xalign 0.0 yalign 1.0

init offset=0
(I changed the showing-screen instead use a callback-function coz this way the entries in "history" and "seen" stay the same)
(be warned that the unicode-char may not:
1. be uploaded correctly by me
2. displayed correctly here
3. handled correctly by your text editor
!!! so it may do exactly nothing...!!!)

imho best would be if AdmiralPanda would fire up his (utf8)text-editor and exchange the unicode-char with the normal (best escaped) single quote...
As there are so many already, this would be done automatically, which holds some dangers by default(false positives).
Also I deem the translation(tl/russian) should be handled too, tho I only found 1 file there...can't help with that as I don't speak Russian.

some more "minor" errors in a spoiler
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

hope this might be helpful, greets Mattock

edit: I'm now quite sure it is not needed to "escape" the single quote while you use it in a "say" or "choice" that is encased in double quotes

Last edited:

scientist1021

Sep 20, 2019
I've been playing the game for quire a while and it's become one of my favorites. I've completed every route in the game except for death's route. How would I go about finding her route?

2.80 star(s) 49 Votes