nobitand9

May 21, 2019
you need to have Celes meet Rune which requires about 20 STUDY at Adept (3rd mode) or higher
higher modes requires less study. idk if clearing the 3 towers if needed.
What study do you mean? Wizardry? Or 20 times study at something? I had celes meet Rune in my 1st play and she gave me a picture. And now im at 6th play and still got blocked at 91th floor. Im in 4th mode btw

wyldstrykr

Nov 30, 2017
yes. you need to study at something 20 times.. idk if different fields counts. you need to meet rune different times to trigger it at least on adept

nobitand9

May 21, 2019
How do i get shosiette cgs? I cant find anything related to her after 8th playthrough. Im in Final mode btw.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
What is the synergy% shown on skills? How does it work? Does the current skill boost the dmg of the skills listed on synergy, or does the current skill get boosted by the skills on the synergies? Does it make sense to lvl up skills listed as synergy to improve your main attack?

For example, I'm doing a knife throwing build on my first run.... lol. The skill shows twist knife, flame dart and aqua shot as synergies. Not sure what to make of this.

Last edited:

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Synergy is the chance of a skill being used with reduced delay if I'm not mistaken
What about the synergy skill?

So knife throw is supposed to combo into flame dart and aqua shot..? Seems stupid. Synergy skill also affects the synergy on weapons?

And what about steadfast and weapon block? These only trigger if you are using the respective weapon? Or is it active with throwing weaps?

And how are we supposed to set up support spells. She never uses these. I want to cast regeneration on bosses, but how...?

And what exactly does the wizardry skill do?

Last edited:

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
What about the synergy skill?
I think it boosts the percentage in general to activate.
Delay is a global cooldown after the skill is fired so synergy is a percent to skip both the cooldown and casting time. Basically a machinegun, two for the price of one.
Cutting the casting time also means you have higher accuracy of the target not running away so it can have some uses for those skills with high casting time.
And what about steadfast and weapon block? These only trigger if you are using the respective weapon? Or is it active with throwing weaps?
Skills linked to a weapon are only applied with that weapon.
And how are we supposed to set up support spells.
She uses them when she needs it. It's more likely to waste them than not use them if it's set to active and beneficial. Although she might prefer instant heals.
And what exactly does the wizardry skill do?
Outside of the spells you unlock I believe its just magic damage.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
She seems to use support spells regardless of if you turn off defensive skills. I'm not even sure what defensive skills are lol. Summons go under defensive skills, but self buffs are not under any of those toggles and just used whenever she wants. I'm getting the hang of it now. Man old games really have bad tooltips and tutorials. There is a wiki for the game that has some more detailed info on some of the skills.

I got to archmage 10 on my first run. Not sure if that's good.

So my first NG+ has option for novice or adept. Is there a reason to go for novice run if I can go for adept?

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Is there anything special about the war? Do you get something if you participate alot? I fought like 5 times but nothing really happened when the war ended.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
If we are on virtuoso, do we still need to train magic 30 times for rune to show up and offer tower of aria?

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
Is there anything special about the war? Do you get something if you participate alot? I fought like 5 times but nothing really happened when the war ended.
There are a few non-CG scenes unlocked through participation. The war also ends earlier if you win a certain number of times. I forget how much shorter it is, but you generally participate so the time you are locked out of activities is shorter. You don't get the option to participate or receive a detailed report on the war's progress unless you do enough training beforehand (6, iirc?)
If we are on virtuoso, do we still need to train magic 30 times for rune to show up and offer tower of aria?
I think Rune appears with 20 magic study sessions on Virtuoso. I know that on Archmage mode, Rune appears automatically sometime in the first few months.

Reactions: desmosome

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I think I'll pass on the final run. I already got Archwizard 1 and steamrolled all dungeons with dark AOE and mana absord thing. That's pretty much peak power I guess. 50+ mp regen would let me switch to light AOE, but it's more of the same. Maybe there is some exclusive events and story stuff though, but I had my fill. This game was awesome.

Asa1984

Jun 8, 2021
Hi people. I already posted a question - previous page, but no1 replied. So, I hope to get an answer by posting again. " Can someone help me - I think I noticed 2 bugs in game and I want to know do they affect game in some way - except visually. I noticed 2 things in this game version (downloaded game from this site) - 1st: my attack speed on Status screen is always locked on 0 - except when I equip Cheetah Necklace - than it increases. Is that just a bug - game not showing data correctly? 2nd: In room, Celes never has animation of sleeping. She walks around, sings, studies... there is also a sword practice animation - but she never goes to bed to sleep. I noticed (so far) those 2 things missing/being different from JAP version of game (after watching video of speed run from this forum). "

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Hi people. I already posted a question - previous page, but no1 replied. So, I hope to get an answer by posting again. " Can someone help me - I think I noticed 2 bugs in game and I want to know do they affect game in some way - except visually. I noticed 2 things in this game version (downloaded game from this site) - 1st: my attack speed on Status screen is always locked on 0 - except when I equip Cheetah Necklace - than it increases. Is that just a bug - game not showing data correctly? 2nd: In room, Celes never has animation of sleeping. She walks around, sings, studies... there is also a sword practice animation - but she never goes to bed to sleep. I noticed (so far) those 2 things missing/being different from JAP version of game (after watching video of speed run from this forum). "
The attack speed thing is known, there's very little that raises it. Maybe it was planned to have a bigger role but nerfed, or maybe it was created exclusively for that accessory.

I dunno about the sleep animations though. Could be a certain build increases the chance of them playing (Maybe you have to rest a lot).

Asa1984

Jun 8, 2021
Did some testing - transfered the save from this game version to the JAPvs. Attack speed is shown correctly in char status. She has sleep animation. Can't say I noticed Ceres attacking any faster - so it might be that just something during translation got messed up. But, to confirm it, it would need some proper testing - comparing fight in translated game and in JAP version (number of attacks in same fight). I'm a bit lazy to do that... so I'll just try to enjoy the game, even though those 2 things irritate me

Zakkuri

Jan 16, 2018
I quite liked the game even though it's a bunch of bla bla about nothing. Honestly, half the established lore isn't explored at all.

K_san

Sep 2, 2021
hey guys, how to enter Tournament of True Heroes and Bancaster Martial Arts Tournament ?

GreenPee

Jun 23, 2018
hey guys, how to enter Tournament of True Heroes and Bancaster Martial Arts Tournament ?
Completing the "defeat the monster" questline (starts with a mission where you patrol the town in search of a spooky ghost) unocks at least one of them

3.70 star(s) 6 Votes