Tool Wolf RPG Wolf RPG Decryptor

X Death

Jan 22, 2020
I was hoping you could try to decrypt it. Here's my Mega so you don't have to buy it.
Sorry i tried, i used all of my tools and i have no luck, this is my first time i cant extract wolf files.
i'll tell you what, you dont need to extract the data, because inside the data is probably just a bunch a picture together for one scene and not animated. so, you will need the game to run it animated.

Last edited:
Reactions: new girl

Isaac9430

Mar 29, 2019
I'm going to leave here a WolfRPG extractor that I've found sometimes works when other ones don't. I think it has something to do with the version of WolfRPG that made the .wolf file, but I don't know any of the details at all.

I attached the entire archive as I found it, but the only file you should need is touhouSE.exe. Run that, set the file type to "all files" and then select the .wolf file you want to try to extract. I don't know what the other .exes do, and I don't know what game this was originally intended to unpack.

No guarantees of fitness or appropriateness for any purpose, and I can't really help out with it since it's just some tool I found on the internet.
Thank you my man, been looking for hours to find one that work

new girl

Dec 9, 2018
Sorry i tried, i used all of my tools and i have no luck, this is my first time i cant extract wolf files.
i'll tell you what, you dont need to extract the data, because inside the data is probably just a bunch a picture together for one scene and not animated. so, you will need the game to run it animated.
Thanks for trying

Reactions: X Death
Dec 2, 2018
Running into the same issue as New Girl. Literally none of the typical tools can decrypt the wolf files for this game-- but it works on an older alpha (the one posted on that thread) build. WRPGE has some 2021 updates-- maybe something with its encryption has changed?

X Death

Jan 22, 2020
Running into the same issue as New Girl. Literally none of the typical tools can decrypt the wolf files for this game-- but it works on an older alpha (the one posted on that thread) build. WRPGE has some 2021 updates-- maybe something with its encryption has changed?
there's no other explanation except they've changed the structure or the encryption of the files.
edit :
no, i can extract it, i have no prob

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2018
there's no other explanation except they've changed the structure or the encryption of the files.
edit :
no, i can extract it, i have no prob
I said that the version posted to that thread can be extracted successfully (with the exception of like three of the files). The later versions cannot. 's the .WOLF files from the latest version. But yeah, I'm pretty sure your guess is right. If you can decrypt these, you're a legend; but don't stress if you can't.

X Death

Jan 22, 2020
I said that the version posted to that thread can be extracted successfully (with the exception of like three of the files). The later versions cannot. 's the .WOLF files from the latest version. But yeah, I'm pretty sure your guess is right. If you can decrypt these, you're a legend; but don't stress if you can't.
i stress out already, because my study. i'll try it out tho.
edit : as far i understand is, the files indeed encrypted and probably have different keys. The problem is you need to know what is the key, you can figure it out by read the header, since im not an expert in reading header i cant figure it out. so... i failed. and... the key to each game is different so, if i interested in the game... i might want to try some more but, im sorry i cant. dont worry it's not because the wolf maker update.

(pic) on the left is your game that cant be extracted, on the right is wolf game that can be extracted and probably not encrypted.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anamnesis_VIXI

Rastafoo

Jun 6, 2018
I found the best decrypter for wolf rpg engine(i got this from T++ 3rd party software), it can decrypt any .wolf files one or many
Usage : WolfDec.exe <.wolf-files> or you can extract this in the gamefolder and run the auto extract.bat

Note : only for .wolf files.
Credit :
DUDE YOU ARE A SAINT THANK YOU SO MUCH :eek: <3

Shyboy

Aug 5, 2017
Another game where WolfDec and DXA fails me.
[クモノイト] 妹とひとつ屋根の下
Opening the file on HEXedit and NPP seems to show different header than normally packed wolfs.

X Death

Jan 22, 2020
i cant run wolfdec does anyone know why that would be the case?
it doesnt have interface, you must use cmd or you can just drag and drop method. or if you cant extract, probably the game is encrypted and the wolfdec wont able to extract it

Flyersfan97

Sep 5, 2017
damn i guess we have to wait until someone figures it out or see if someone posts the already extracted assets

Flyersfan97

Sep 5, 2017
any update on Artemis Pearl omake or do we think it has a new encryption and thus it may be impossible to get the assests or cg from the game?

X Death

Jan 22, 2020
any update on Artemis Pearl omake or do we think it has a new encryption and thus it may be impossible to get the assests or cg from the game?
nah, you just need to find the encryption key and use this wolf decryptor to extract it.

Flyersfan97

Sep 5, 2017
so we have any updates on that artemis pearl omake or we at a roadblock i got one that was close but i cant open the "extracted files"...

secretlyness

Jul 6, 2020
Just looked at the patch notes for the japanese version of wolf rpg editor. Apparently, some version around 2.255 (maybe slightly earlier since these patch notes are confusing) changed the encryption method. That update was released late febuary this year, so that's probably why some of these more recently updated games aren't extracting. Sadly, I have no clue if there's any extractor that would work on newer wolf games yet, so we'll probably just have to wait for now.

Reactions: new girl

Surgy

Modder
Apr 23, 2018
They have changed encryption in DXArchive format version 7 (latest is version 8 now), which the recent Wolf RPG Editor uses, so old method won't work for those archives and there are no new decryptors for now.
DXArchive changelog said:
Ver 1.00 (0x0001) Public version
Ver 1.01 (0x0002) Compression function
Ver 1.02 (0x0003) Encryption function
Ver 1.03 (0x0004) Changed the format to record the code page in the file header
Ver 1.05 (0x0005) Partial change in encryption process
Ver 1.06 (0x0006) Updated to 64bit
Ver 1.07 (0x0007) Changed the encryption process (Improved the difficulty of deciphering a password)
Ver 1.08 (0x0008) Changed the length of the encryption key to 56bit