• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Tool Wolf RPG Wolf RPG Decryptor

steveju76

Dec 3, 2019
They have changed encryption in DXArchive format version 7 (latest is version 8 now), which the recent Wolf RPG Editor uses, so old method won't work for those archives and there are no new decryptors for now.
For clarity, the latest Wolf RPG Editor is using version (v1.0)8.

Versions 1-7 have no cleartext header information, archives made with version 8 have "DX" in the header. The image posted earlier by X Death has "DX" in the header, meaning the archive is made with dxarchive version v1.08.

v1-6 max key length = 12
v7 max key length = 32
v8 max key length = 56

Last edited:
Reactions: Surgy

abadguy87

Apr 19, 2020
I've been trying to extract for quite a while now using every tool in this thread, but I always get the failed to unpack error no matter what. If anyone wants to give it a shot and tell me what tool he used it would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

steveju76

Dec 3, 2019
I've been trying to extract for quite a while now using every tool in this thread
Data.wolf has "DX" in the header, meaning that it's DXArchive v8. There's no way to decrypt the archive, because nobody knows the key.

alieksiej95

Aug 2, 2021
Hi all, if you need some help with DXA or WOLF archives, please let me know. I think I may have proper knowledge on the topic to assist you (even for the v7 and v8 archives).

By the way, there is also an article on the web which may be very useful. Just go to xentax wiki and search for "DX Archive" to see some good specification on the format.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: steveju76

steveju76

Dec 3, 2019
Hi all, if you need some help with DXA or WOLF archives, please let me know. I think I may have proper knowledge on the topic to assist you (even for the v7 and v8 archives).

By the way, there is also an article on the web which may be very useful. Just go to xentax wiki and search for "DX Archive" to see some good specification on the format.
A rather cryptic response, but thanks. So basically someone found out the decoding key.

Using latest DXArchive tools (included in zip) DxaDecode example:
DxaDecode.exe -K:WLFRPrO!p(;s5((8P@((UFWlu$#5(= BalloonLight.wolf

edit: Wiki mentioned is here:

Last edited:

imaxos

Jun 21, 2021
A rather cryptic response, but thanks. So basically someone found out the decoding key.

IT WORKS!!
thank you so much for sharing.

Reactions: ChetZ

X Death

Jan 22, 2020

good one, Im not always playing around with wolf but its good to know how to solve this problem if i ever meet one

phantomz

Feb 17, 2020
I found the best decrypter for wolf rpg engine(i got this from T++ 3rd party software), it can decrypt any .wolf files one or many
Usage : WolfDec.exe <.wolf-files> or you can extract this in the gamefolder and run the auto extract.bat

Note : only for .wolf files.
Credit :
dude you are my savior .
i was trying so many decrypter for five days and none of them working , until i found your post and this program .
thanks a lot

Mandalore777

Oct 7, 2019
Is there any way to unpack v1.08 .WOLF files yet? The version that Steveju posted halfway works, it unpacks the folder but it's empty, but also the program stops responding in the unpacking process.

Do you know what is causing the "stopped working" and empty folders? I looked through the wiki and it talked about keys, but not sure even how to enter any keys.

Untitledqweqew.jpg

alieksiej95

Aug 2, 2021
You have 2 possible ways to solve empty folders issue:
1. Change your system's language to Japanesse (I haven't tested this method with unpacking, but in theory it should work).
2. Remove all the japaneese characters from the source code (except comments) and then recompile the tool (it can be hard to do if you're not a programmer)

And you can type the valid key with the "-K:" command. You have literally quoted working example of extracting newest version of the wolf archive.

You can PM me on this forum if you have any more issues.

Reactions: Mandalore777

Mandalore777

Oct 7, 2019
You have 2 possible ways to solve empty folders issue:
1. Change your system's language to Japanesse (I haven't tested this method with unpacking, but in theory it should work).
2. Remove all the japaneese characters from the source code (except comments) and then recompile the tool (it can be hard to do if you're not a programmer)

And you can type the valid key with the "-K:" command. You have literally quoted working example of extracting newest version of the wolf archive.

You can PM me on this forum if you have any more issues.
Thanks. But I found out you had to use cmd the other day. The previous version of the game I was extracting from must have been using much older encryption because I could just drag and drop the .wolf files to the dxa exe and it would unpack. But it got an update a few days ago, and I didn't realize you had to use cmd with newer versions. Thanks anyways though.

sevenup

Oct 4, 2017
I am trying to extract this game , but it only gives me empty folders.
Any advice/help please?
imagen_2021-09-17_182510.png

hentailordex

Jul 22, 2018
I also been trying to extract . I did everything in this thread and nothing happened, so I gave up.

• Sad
Reactions: sevenup

asnaz

Feb 6, 2018
I found the best decrypter for wolf rpg engine(i got this from T++ 3rd party software), it can decrypt any .wolf files one or many
Usage : WolfDec.exe <.wolf-files> or you can extract this in the gamefolder and run the auto extract.bat

Note : only for .wolf files.
Credit :
Bro thx a lot.

steveju76

Dec 3, 2019
I also been trying to extract . I did everything in this thread and nothing happened, so I gave up.
1) You need to use DxaDecode.exe v1.08, older DxaDecode versions or WolfDec will not work
2) You need to change your system language for non-unicode programs to Japanese (do not enable UTF-8 support)
3) You need to copy DxaDecode.exe to the Data-folder of the game and use the command:
DxaDecode.exe -K:WLFRPrO!p(;s5((8P@((UFWlu$#5(= ARCHIVE.wolf

Where you replace ARCHIVE with the actual archive name, eg.
DxaDecode.exe -K:WLFRPrO!p(;s5((8P@((UFWlu$#5(= anime.wolf

You can add the classic "open command window here" right-click option to Windows 10 (to make it easier to run the command) with this:

Reactions: perq

Enigmanic

Nov 4, 2019
I'm interested in modding the game but it's a bit confusing especially since some of the info is in japanese. Is there a english tutorial available?

steveju76

Dec 3, 2019
I'm interested in modding the game but it's a bit confusing especially since some of the info is in japanese. Is there a english tutorial available?
Depends entirely on the game. You should probably comment to a thread about the specific wolfrpg title that you mean since they're all different. Again, as with the decoder, you most likely need to change your non-unicode language to Japanese to edit the game data.