♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
Playing on Windows... I can't enter a player name. It seems to only be registering my keyboard presses as hotkey commands.
View attachment 3453980
How to start, can't enter your name
This issue has been posted several times. The search bar (page's top right) is there for that. I even posted the old version (0.25.9) with which you can, 1: Enter your name, 2: Play the prologue. Then you switch to the latest version (0.25.12)

Jun 29, 2017
This issue has been posted several times. The search bar (page's top right) is there for that. I even posted the old version (0.25.9) with which you can, 1: Enter your name, 2: Play the prologue. Then you switch to the latest version (0.25.12)
who don't know need download lastest version, you don't need repeat me, this is game problem, not me, i need the video or some shit how can enter name, not mocking

• Sad
Reactions: ♂Brout&Minou♀

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
who don't know need download lastest version, you don't need repeat me, this is game problem, not me, i need the video or some shit how can enter name, not mocking
I'm not making fun of you. The game is under construction and needs a lot of repairs. First of all, You asked for help and I just gave you 2 solutions so that you can enter the name you want or simply download the previous version and play the prologue without any problem, like entering the name of your choice without problem, and not get stuck in a room like some of players have experienced. These are the best solutions while waiting for the next fix which will come with the next update. Now, if you are not able to pull your fingers out of your ass to go to the search bar, or simply go back a few pages above to see the answers, that is your problem, not mine, nor that of the other members of this forum. Feel free to look for a solution elsewhere if it doesn't suit you.

Aug 30, 2021
the game doenst let me type the cheat code. why?
It was the same input field related bug, in short one of the asset overlaping the input field canvas, which created this issue without us knowing after upgrading unity to higher version due to licensing (not by our choice). We have fixed it and we will release to public the 0.25.14 version with a fix and also a new content update with Bella's pregnancy. Fingers crossed it will appear here within few hours as well as other many sites and aggregators

I'm not making fun of you. The game is under construction and needs a lot of repairs. First of all, You asked for help and I just gave you 2 solutions so that you can enter the name you want or simply download the previous version and play the prologue without any problem, like entering the name of your choice without problem, and not get stuck in a room like some of players have experienced. These are the best solutions while waiting for the next fix which will come with the next update. Now, if you are not able to pull your fingers out of your ass to go to the search bar, or simply go back a few pages above to see the answers, that is your problem, not mine, nor that of the other members of this forum. Feel free to look for a solution elsewhere if it doesn't suit you.
Thank you for providing a workaround, much appreciated.

Azain

Mar 25, 2017
Is the "very easy" Skateboard a troll? Because that's not very easy. It uses the same mechanics and more of the medium and hard night challenges, which i cleared before the very easy challenge.

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
Is the "very easy" Skateboard a troll? Because that's not very easy. It uses the same mechanics and more of the medium and hard night challenges, which i cleared before the very easy challenge.
Very easy during the day = more time and fewer obstacles of all kinds, so really terribly easy, unless you play with your feet. Better to play with a QWERTY keyboard especially for the fox run (Natalie's sport) with your hands. Champion level in the evening? Yeah, this one is hardcore. I messed up my keyboard trying :oops:

Last edited:

Sober-man

Apr 3, 2023
so it's another stepcest game?
Seriously, I'm sick of developers who want an audience of incest fans, but they do it in a shitty way. Just adding a relationship in brackets is not enough.

Mc calls his mother by her name. At least you could make it possible to choose what to call her. Totally kills the whole vibe. Just started playing and the mood is already ruined
The whole "incest version" thing is just a lure for fans of the genre. This step crap only pisses off.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2021
so it's another stepcest game?
Seriously, I'm sick of developers who want an audience of incest fans, but they do it in a shitty way. Just adding a relationship in brackets is not enough.

Mc calls his mother by her name. At least you could make it possible to choose what to call her. Totally kills the whole vibe. Just started playing and the mood is already ruined
The whole "incest version" thing is just a lure for fans of the genre. This step crap only pisses off.
Soon in next version it will be possible to rename all game characters however you like.

Sober-man

Apr 3, 2023
Soon in next version it will be possible to rename all game characters however you like.
I apologize for the strong reaction. It's just very often like this: I look for a good incest game, try it, and there adopted, or step or some other nonsense, and it can't be changed.

Well, then that's good.
Then at least one line needs to be changed when mc first talks to Judy
He calls her by her name, and she says " you can call me mom". It's just moments like this changing everything, completely kill the whole vibe and ruin everything else.

Last edited:

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
I quite agree with "Sober-man", it's disappointing when you expect to see blood related relationships. However, allowing players to change the name is good but not enough to restore the concept of complete incest without disconnection. The example Sober-man gives with Judy is not the only inconsistency of this kind. There are some in the discussions between all the members of the said family and the Mc, when they talk about the past. Katy says "my mother" when talking about Judy and Stiky... Yeah, that's my Mc's name (sorry I couldn't resist)... So he says my father when talking about Mathew. It's the same with Nathalie and other schoolmates. The storyline is written in depth with the Mc's blended family, so it would take more than an icst patch. Almost two separate stories, and if certain platforms are still lenient of certain taboos, Patreon will not let that pass.

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
Well, if some "fan" will make a patch and post it here in the comments, then it will be fine. As it has already been done for many other games.
A very big patch then. The paradox is that, at least if I'm not mistaken, according to my first playthrough, it is mentioned that Rivermont city is located in the state of Alabama...

Maethir

Jul 28, 2018
So just to clarify is the latest version 25.15 non incest only? i downloaded the incest version and it is 25.12 so am just a bit confused here

Aug 30, 2021
I apologize for the strong reaction. It's just very often like this: I look for a good incest game, try it, and there adopted, or step or some other nonsense, and it can't be changed.

Well, then that's good.
Then at least one line needs to be changed when mc first talks to Judy
He calls her by her name, and she says " you can call me mom". It's just moments like this changing everything, completely kill the whole vibe and ruin everything else.
I have removed this reference and reworked it a bit.
It is always about either create a game that could have addition of new content or going bankrupt, that's why so many fan mudded versions exist. And don't get me wrong we are not mad they exist but we are mad there are issues within them that moders don't fix and then people point fingers at us that translations are wrong, stuck issues, errors through the game due to adding tags within conversations that are triggering invalid events and, the fact in some cases it doesn't work then we get all the blame.

On the other hand we want to keep community based corrections so yea we had to share the texts with many correctors and the cruel truth noone knows is that just for one language variant over 5-10+ people usually work on it, each have different style and some doesn't finish it and thus many variations are created - then we have to judge but how... you know I can't speak XY language to be able to decide whether that translation is correct or not. We are having regular meetings with correctors and maybe it doesn't look like it but the translations are improving every month at least partially.

Even I am not native in English and I got dysgraphia syndrome, which makes me rewrite texts 5x times over but noone sees that, I am just trying my best, the expectations are set very high. And writing a story + develop the code + design an VN engine to our needs + animate + release stuff + communicate with everyone + maintain 15+ sites to even let people know the game exists, this all consume a lot of time and people often throw a mountain of hate at me. Yea I admit I am not perfect, I am just trying to make it all together in a game, fix bugs, add new content, keep the game free for everyone. It's a lot of work behind the scenes. We are not giving up, just please be patient we will try to help, and fix the reported issues, step by step, piece by piece.

Aug 30, 2021
Hi there dear Dev(s)
First of all, I want to thank you for this game. It's an interesting concept and quite a fun game to play. There are some issues here and there, but I'll settle for these for now.

I'm currently on an AZERTY keyboard, but using both (azerty and qwerty) I've tried both with the same result.
In the "options" > "Keyboard" tab, the game's Hotkeys are listed as follows: (pic below)

Regarding the part: "general control"
Escape/Enter OK
F5 OK
F OK
CTRL/ALT OK for ALT only, not CTRL
Q/T Doesn't work
W/B Doesn't work
S/I/O/P Doesn't work (in any combination)
A Doesn't work
~ Is replaced by ², but it is also below ESC, the problem is that the log is unreadable (see pic below)

Regarding the part: "conversations"
Keyboard and mouse work OK

Regarding the part: "Skip and Rewind"
Left CTRL OK
TAB Doesn't work
SHIFT Doesn't work
CAPS LOCK Doesn't work
H Doesn't work
Ps: The P hides the UI and text box for 1 second when pressed, but all the UI and text box comes back immediately.
Regarding the mini-games:
The direction arrows work and no problems encountered so far.

Options
View attachment 3439277
Log
View attachment 3439276
We can add following features triggered by these keybinds, and I would like to discuss with you whether the explanation matches your expectations from other games or experience in general.

Q - quick save
T - Quick load
W - wait (pause game?)
B - previous dialogue
S - skip (ON/OFF)
I - backpack (ON/OFF)
O - opens small main menu (ON/OFF)
P - game pause (ON/OFF - off when clicked anywhere)
A - next dialogue
Make error log bigger - "~" & contain more information
TAB - faster skip (end) (ON/OFF)
SHIFT - auto mode (ON/OFF)
Do you agree with these explanations?

But regarding these two I couldn't find a stable meaning as in different games these does very different things.

CAPS LOCK - ???
H - ???
What would you want these keys to do?

Feel free to share any other keybinds if you like we can include them too.
Thank you very much for your time and explanation.

Reactions: Xeron_Xr

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
We can add following features triggered by these keybinds, and I would like to discuss with you whether the explanation matches your expectations from other games or experience in general.

Q - quick save
T - Quick load
W - wait (pause game?)
B - previous dialogue
S - skip (ON/OFF)
I - backpack (ON/OFF)
O - opens small main menu (ON/OFF)
P - game pause (ON/OFF - off when clicked anywhere)
A - next dialogue
TAB - faster skip (end) (ON/OFF)
SHIFT - auto mode (ON/OFF)
Do you agree with these explanations?

But regarding these two I couldn't find a stable meaning as in different games these does very different things.

CAPS LOCK - ???
H - ???
What would you want these keys to do?

Feel free to share any other keybinds if you like we can include them too.
Thank you very much for your time and explanation.
Changed
Added
Not useful
Doesn't work

F5 - quick save*

F6 - Quick load*
*Usually used in most games

W - wait (pause game?) :unsure:
P - game pause (ON/OFF - off when clicked anywhere) :unsure:
Aren't the ESC key and right mouse button already set for that purpose?

Page Down - previous dialogue*

Page up - next dialogue*
* Usually used in most games

CTRL - skip (ON/OFF)
PC user are already used to type this key for capital letters

CAPS LOCK - faster skip (end) (ON/OFF)
PC user are already used to type this key to lock on capital letters

A - Auto mode (ON/OFF)

B - Backpack (ON/OFF)

O - opens small main menu (ON/OFF) :unsure:
Aren't the ESC key and right mouse button already set for that purpose?

S - Screenshot
Actually work only the first try but don't take any shoot (See below)

H - Hide/show GUI and text dialogue

T - Open/close the Task list

M - Open/close the Mape

P - Open/close the Phone

Why not simply L for the log?

The changes and additions I list above are on the one hand an example of what is found in many games, including Ren'py RPGM and Unity, and on the other hand, it is a set of logical links where the player does not need to think. The links between the typed letters and the desired effects/objects is instinctive (no overheating of the neurons). And then we talk about hands, even if he had a third, many players only play with one hand, the other being occupied elsewhere, if you catch my drift.:sneaky:

Here
When I type "S" the first time (and only on the first try), after opening the game (after every game start), this is what I see. But looking in the game folders there is no image
image_752.png

Last edited:
3.30 star(s) 20 Votes