Niahrleak

Jun 2, 2018
really interesting story
really creppy yandere
hope no one dies, but the yandere would have to do something really huge in the nice department to get likes points and not want her dead
love the gobbos, so cute.

Reactions: VictorSeven

Moonis

Mar 18, 2019
What a lovely game. Writing pulled me in right from the first sentences. Cute goblins, elves and other feys (when I saw goblins first time I almost scrolled back to naming screen to give me Goblin Layer name, as a big fan of Goblin Slayer manga/anime). Even yandere was sexy hot blonde (I'll have to see if good dicking gets her tamed).

MC seems to be one of the better I've seen. I liked his looks and attitude. He seemed to be good natured gentleman. Slight problem with him seemed to be that he lacks stamina. The scene where he ran stairs after a girl and was out of stamina, instead of being temporarily out of breath, was bit overboard, as was his tiring that much after cleaning up nurses office. Oh, and now I remembered another scene that could have been better... His fainting in the harpy scene... I was left wondering why? Did he looked up and saw wet and dripping harpy pussy and fainted from being overly excited by the sight ;).

My favourite moments were the longer scenes with the goblins. Just perfect. And music was great, giving nice extra atmosphere into the game. I can't wait to see more of the fey girls. And I saw that there's drow coming also. I've been big fan of drow females since Salvatore's books and AD&D manuals described them dancing nude in the moonlight at Eilistraee's ceremonies :love: (+ great cover art). I also wait to see more of that cute and shy brunette girl. (I played this yesterday so i forgot name already).

Bonus points for Audrey Hepburn pictures in the MC's shelves. If there ever has been perfect woman, she was it. Her looks and character has made her my all time favourite.

Anyway, good luck with the project. This might have jumped straight into my top list.

I am Gone

Jun 10, 2020
Short Break from Development - Family Visit
» Devlog

Hello, you amazing people!

This post comes with a bit of a story. TL;DR: I finally get a chance to see my family, and I'm not bringing my laptop, so I won't be able to work on World's Crossing for about a week.

The story:

About a year ago, my supervisor at work retired. We had another supervisor brought in, but he kept walking off the site in anger. Wages were horribly low, and we ended up running a 7-person site on 4 people. Everyone was doing overtime.

The shortage of staff had been going on since February 2020, and then the whole COVID thing hit on top of it. Wages were so bad that no one wanted to work there, so we couldn't get new people. And being a security officer, I was essential. Couldn't just go home. So I ended up doing 60 to 72 hours a week for a period of about 8 months, until just this June when they FINALLY raised the base wage of the site. And wouldn't you know it, we suddenly had people applying, and we ended up filling the site. Imagine that.

That entire time, I had some vacation time saved up, and was trying to visit my family in Southern California. I live in Washington State. The people I was trying to visit were the ones who raised me. There used to be six of us. My grandmother and my grandfather, my uncle, my great grandmother, my sister, and me. That was our two households. Since being up here in another state, my sister also moved out, and both my grandpa and my great grandma passed away. So now, it's just the two of them left. And because of the staff shortage and COVID, I wasn't allowed to see them for the entirety of last year. I haven't seen them for over 5 years, and my grandmother is in her 80s now... I'm getting that growing feeling that time is of the essence.

So, starting tomorrow, I'm taking a week off to fly to SoCal and see them. I finally got approval from my workplace after having it denied for over a year, having to push back and push back this visit. Finally, I get to see my family.

I've chosen not to bring my laptop and portable drive, which contains World's Crossing Academy, because if something happens to it, I have no backups anywhere and the game will die. So I will be unable to work on or update the game for about a week.

And if you ask why I put up with this... well, I currently need the money. That's why the Patreon support is so important. The more of you we get signed up on the Patreon—even if it's only the $5 tier—the less I have to rely on my job and the more time I can spend away from work, working on World's Crossing Academy.

As for progress, it seems I'm a little slower than I thought; I'm halfway done with the final scene of Thursday, which is about halfway done with the remaining content of the week. You guys have been telling me how much you've enjoyed the quality of the scenes and writing, so I stepped it up a bit and am focusing on quality over quickness. That means more renders, less shortcuts, more progression, and in the H-scenes, lots more video loops. Unfortunately, that also means it's a tad slower. But I feel it'll be worth it.

I'll be back in town on September 2nd, and I aim to release the next four days of Chapter 5 to the Patreon supporters by end of September at the latest, and to the public by mid-October at the latest. It'll most likely be before then, but I like to underpromise and overdeliver if I at all possible. I have some great ideas for the coming days, and I think y'all will really enjoy them.

If you'd like to join the Patrons on Patreon and get new builds weeks early, create your own dream girl in the game, and get special access to Discord-only previews and pinups of the girls,

See you lovely folks next week, and thank you for your patience!​

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Short Break from Development - Family Visit
» Devlog

Hello, you amazing people!

This post comes with a bit of a story. TL;DR: I finally get a chance to see my family, and I'm not bringing my laptop, so I won't be able to work on World's Crossing for about a week.

The story:

About a year ago, my supervisor at work retired. We had another supervisor brought in, but he kept walking off the site in anger. Wages were horribly low, and we ended up running a 7-person site on 4 people. Everyone was doing overtime.

The shortage of staff had been going on since February 2020, and then the whole COVID thing hit on top of it. Wages were so bad that no one wanted to work there, so we couldn't get new people. And being a security officer, I was essential. Couldn't just go home. So I ended up doing 60 to 72 hours a week for a period of about 8 months, until just this June when they FINALLY raised the base wage of the site. And wouldn't you know it, we suddenly had people applying, and we ended up filling the site. Imagine that.

That entire time, I had some vacation time saved up, and was trying to visit my family in Southern California. I live in Washington State. The people I was trying to visit were the ones who raised me. There used to be six of us. My grandmother and my grandfather, my uncle, my great grandmother, my sister, and me. That was our two households. Since being up here in another state, my sister also moved out, and both my grandpa and my great grandma passed away. So now, it's just the two of them left. And because of the staff shortage and COVID, I wasn't allowed to see them for the entirety of last year. I haven't seen them for over 5 years, and my grandmother is in her 80s now... I'm getting that growing feeling that time is of the essence.

So, starting tomorrow, I'm taking a week off to fly to SoCal and see them. I finally got approval from my workplace after having it denied for over a year, having to push back and push back this visit. Finally, I get to see my family.

I've chosen not to bring my laptop and portable drive, which contains World's Crossing Academy, because if something happens to it, I have no backups anywhere and the game will die. So I will be unable to work on or update the game for about a week.

And if you ask why I put up with this... well, I currently need the money. That's why the Patreon support is so important. The more of you we get signed up on the Patreon—even if it's only the $5 tier—the less I have to rely on my job and the more time I can spend away from work, working on World's Crossing Academy.

As for progress, it seems I'm a little slower than I thought; I'm halfway done with the final scene of Thursday, which is about halfway done with the remaining content of the week. You guys have been telling me how much you've enjoyed the quality of the scenes and writing, so I stepped it up a bit and am focusing on quality over quickness. That means more renders, less shortcuts, more progression, and in the H-scenes, lots more video loops. Unfortunately, that also means it's a tad slower. But I feel it'll be worth it.

I'll be back in town on September 2nd, and I aim to release the next four days of Chapter 5 to the Patreon supporters by end of September at the latest, and to the public by mid-October at the latest. It'll most likely be before then, but I like to underpromise and overdeliver if I at all possible. I have some great ideas for the coming days, and I think y'all will really enjoy them.

If you'd like to join the Patrons on Patreon and get new builds weeks early, create your own dream girl in the game, and get special access to Discord-only previews and pinups of the girls,

See you lovely folks next week, and thank you for your patience!​

Family comes first in all things!!

Nov 24, 2019
What, no backups? How can you even live without backups?? D:

(Well, my "backups" is just some VCS (gitlab), though...)

GraveXMachina

Jun 9, 2020
So...will that jumpscare girl also become a romance in the future?

Asking for a friend...<_<…>_>…

Also, that new dryad girl is rivaling Nook in terms of cuteness.

I am Gone

Jun 10, 2020
Family Emergency
» Devlog
4 hours ago by

Hi, all. I have some bad news.

So you all know I flew down from Washington to southern California to visit with my grandma and my uncle. Unfortunately, on the second night, I got a call with some pretty bad news.

My dad has stage 4 lung cancer. It's spread to his spine and hip. And to top it all off, he had a fall that very night and broke his left femur.

My dad used to be one tough cookie. But due to some life events, he ended up with a very low pain tolerance. I fully expect him to refuse cancer treatment solely based on how painful it is. Which means we may lose him soon.

I borrowed my uncle's car and drove all night to Central California. I'm currently sitting outside the hospital, writing this on my phone, waiting for visiting hours to start.

I won't be back home until Saturday night. And even then, I may need some time before I can work on the game again. I'm NOT abandoning the game. It WILL continue. People love it too much for me to let it go. But I may need some time to process this. I hope you all understand. I appreciate everyone's support until then. I will do my best to get the next update out as soon as possible.

Harkonnan

Give me chiisana oppai!
Game Developer
Oct 24, 2020
Sorry to hear about what's happening. Take all the time you need. Family first. I will be here when you get back as I'm sure many others will as well.

_tewi

Aug 4, 2020
is it me or do the character models seem strangely low definition? like they were made at half the resolution of the backgrounds, or have a blur filter over them. aside from that, really excellent game. there's a lot of great storytelling here, can't wait to see what happens with cecilia, her hot but also tragic history brought a lot of life to weird stalker stabby stab girl

Last edited:

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
So...will that jumpscare girl also become a romance in the future?

Asking for a friend...<_<…>_>…

Also, that new dryad girl is rivaling Nook in terms of cuteness.
Her name is Kageshini. Death's Shadow. :)

And I'm glad you like my rendition of Dryads. The depictions you see here, with the pupilless eyes, actually come from my main series, The Riftkey Chronicles. Saarya, the one you saw here, is a character you meet briefly in Book 2, Spirit Magic.

In the books, she was supposed to look something like this:

SaaryaIcon.png

(Art by AzureFawn/WynterWing) But I decided to redesign her for WCA. I honestly kinda like the WCA design better.

is it me or do the character models seem strangely low definition? like they were made at half the resolution of the backgrounds, or have a blur filter over them. aside from that, really excellent game. there's a lot of great storytelling here, can't wait to see what happens with cecilia, her hot but also tragic history brought a lot of life to weird stalker stabby stab girl
Odd, 'cause I'm using the 4k skin textures from the program I use. The lighting is really bad in the first couple of chapters, but it gets a lot better as you go. I've found that it's usually a lighting issue, so please be patient, and it will get better.

I am Gone

Jun 10, 2020
Crisis Averted - Resuming Work Soon
» Devlog

4 hours ago by

Hoo boy. This has been a week.

Not gonna go into a ton of detail here, but the TL;DR: is, my vacation was a disaster, I almost lost my dad, and I came back with a flu.

Thankfully, I'm back home now, and the hardest part is over. My dad got his hip replaced and is now optimistic about looking into cancer treatment. I'll be resuming work on World's Crossing Academy pretty soon.

I appreciate everyone's patience. Thank you for understanding.​

Kionashi

Jul 11, 2021
Crisis Averted - Resuming Work Soon
» Devlog

4 hours ago by

Hoo boy. This has been a week.

Not gonna go into a ton of detail here, but the TL;DR: is, my vacation was a disaster, I almost lost my dad, and I came back with a flu.

Thankfully, I'm back home now, and the hardest part is over. My dad got his hip replaced and is now optimistic about looking into cancer treatment. I'll be resuming work on World's Crossing Academy pretty soon.

I appreciate everyone's patience. Thank you for understanding.​
Im really glad to read that, let's hope he gets a speedy recovery.

:giggle:

I am Gone

Jun 10, 2020
When it Rains, it Pours [Progress Report]
» Devlog

38 minutes ago by

2cvhTm.png

Hey, all.

I kept this close to the chest, 'cause I don't wanna be known as the "downer dev" who constantly posts shit to make people feel sorry for me. That ain't me and I prefer to be full steam ahead and creating stuff that makes y'all smile. But this past month has been unbelievably rough, and y'all deserve to know what I've done on the game and why things have slowed down so much.

So, due to previous posts, you folks know about my uncle's cancer and my dad's cancer and hip replacement. My uncle was declared untreatable and is now kind of scrambling for options. My dad is doing much better after his replacement and is looking at his own options.

Here's what's happened since then.

Remember my original objective was to go visit my uncle and my grandmother down south (different uncle). Well, I found out after I drove up north to my dad that my uncle had gotten sick, and gotten my grandmother sick. And I, of course, had been in close proximity with them, and also my sister and her boyfriend, who had driven down to support my dad.

I ended up flying back just fine, as the symptoms were hitting. I thought it was just flu. Turns out, it was covid. Now my grandmother is hospitalized and intubated, and we don't know if she's going to make it. She's the woman who raised me, so it's been rough. And on top of all of this, I let the stress get to me, and completely fucked up my relationship. So my mental has been absolutely trashed lately.

Now, my roommate and I are both fighting covid, and we both work at the same place, so we've both been ordered to quarantine for 14 days with no compensation from our workplace. Landlords are gonna cut us some slack for next month, though, so it's not a huge, huge deal.

rPmOHU.png

But I needed something to focus on, so I picked back up on the game. And here's the Progress Report section.

I'm nearly done with Thursday. Just finishing up the gym scene with Jade and the new H-scene for that day. I think you guys will like this one. I kept the martial arts action shorter, and the H-scene has 32 video loops in it. I have to finish scripting, score it, and then bugtest it.

Thursday had some very complicated scenes in it, and I'm honestly still not sure if I've pulled them off the way I intended. I sincerely hope the story reads well despite all I've been going through while trying to write it. Thursday alone is comprised of nearly 1000 lines of code. Thankfully, Friday will be very straightforward to compose, and I have lewd scenes planned for both Saturday and Sunday, so we get to end with a bang. Literally. And because I know how popular they are, I chose to include a couple of the favorite nonhuman characters in these H-scenes. And Sunday is the last day of the build, and will mark the end of the softcore-only content string. In a Patron-only poll I'll post shortly after the build's public release, the community will choose which girl gets The D first.

And there you have it. At this point, I'm not going to make any promises regarding a release timeline for the next build, but I AM plugging away at it and will have plenty of time in these next two weeks to power through more scenes and days. I'll make an announcement when I've released it to the Patrons, and we'll have a definite schedule for release then.

Thank you all so much for your patience. Your support, both here and on the Patreon, means the world to me. I'll pull out of this, I promise. And the game gives me something to focus on. Until then, I'd love to hear more about your experience with World's Crossing, all the things you've loved about it and your ideas and things you want to see in the future. Hearing that stuff really motivates me to keep going.

Until next time, and thank you all again.​

Zontany

Mar 13, 2018
You heard this a lot already, but take care of yourself first. The game and the people that support you can wait until your situations are better, it doesn't matter how long it will take.

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
You heard this a lot already, but take care of yourself first. The game and the people that support you can wait until your situations are better, it doesn't matter how long it will take.
I do appreciate it, my friend. Thing is, I'm a creator at heart. If I'm not streaming on Twitch, I'm working on something else for people to enjoy, be it the game, my book series, or any number of other projects. I'm at my best when I'm making progress, when I have something to show for, something to be proud of that I made. So it won't be damaging me at all to continue working on World's Crossing. On the contrary, it's kind of therapeutic.

I'm kind of like a shark. If I stop moving forward, that's when the trouble starts. So I'mma keep going the best way I know how, and y'all are just happening to benefit from that lol

Oct 7, 2020
I hope we can pacify our cute stalker yandere, I dont want to be barred from trying to get with her. It'd be cool to have a route available where you turn down other girls and only go for her too, it might be interesting to see how she deals with getting what she wants and having you be exclusive with her.

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
I hope we can pacify our cute stalker yandere, I dont want to be barred from trying to get with her. It'd be cool to have a route available where you turn down other girls and only go for her too, it might be interesting to see how she deals with getting what she wants and having you be exclusive with her.
I have to confess that reading the latest updates, I paid much more attention to their personal situation – lost my father in law to cancer a few years back and got infected with covid early this year, am still not being fully back to normal – than the state of the game, so they mayhaps altered their original plan slightly but as far as routes go: there won't be any.
Ah. I suppose this is mostly a Kinetic Novel, then, since I originally designed it for the user to not miss any content. It has choices, but the choices mostly allow you to skip scenes and they don't change the outcomes.
Get well, VictorSeven, and all the best!

Reactions: cuckoo4cocoapuffs

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
embertalk (83).png
What Hordragg said about a lack of true routes is accurate. This is a harem game, and it's easiest to code and write in this fashion. HOWEVER. There ARE plans for Cecilia. Hang tight. We're getting there, slowly but surely.

And thank you Hordragg. Sorry to hear about your father-in-law, and hope you continue on the road to recovery.

4.50 star(s) 32 Votes