Kionashi

Jul 11, 2021
So I understand where you're coming from on this. Some things just... BOTHER you. What I should have done with the harpy was introduce her in a non-H scene so that the player is aware of her, and then made the rest of her story optional rather than force the encounter. I apologize for that. Perhaps in a future update I'll be able to fix that by giving the player a choice whether or not to go deeper into the woods during that walk in the Witherwood. While I initially thought it was a cool and dynamic way to introduce a new character, I'm realizing that not everyone enjoys that kind of thing being suddenly thrust upon them, and that I'm really the only one who knows how cool the harpy character is going to be. Heck, I haven't even told you her name, have I?
Wait...the harpy has a name and is a character!? :eek: I though she was just a random monster girl....that's interesting...

I'm looking into Cecilia since some people have issues with yanderes.
Oh god no...what will happen to my psyco stalker? :cry:

Second, I've beaten Covid and I'm back to work. This means my schedule will be normalizing, and rather than spending every night on my Twitch channel, I'll be back to devoting 3-4 nights a week to working on World's Crossing.
Yaii glad to know you are recovered :D

but I'm going to experiment with it for this next build and ask y'all how you felt about it, since the #1 request is more H-scenes.

really?, that's what people want? :cautious: damn plebs, as long as I keep getting an interesting story bits I don't really mind how many H-scenes are. That said your h scenes are already amazing, Im curious how you are going to improve on that.

Ah, College Bound, a prime example for the matter at hand. Apart from setting you up with an established relationship, it has you witnessing a lesbian scene and more than once made you have sex with one of the older women to boot.
That's odd, I remember I managed to get a full on faithful run when playing college bound the MC even acknowledge if you didn't cheat on Summer at the end of the first episode... of course you kinda miss a lot of content if you do that :ROFLMAO:

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Wait...the harpy has a name and is a character!? :eek: I though she was just a random monster girl....that's interesting...
See, that's why she was presented that way. I WANTED you to think she was a random monster girl. But she does indeed have a name, a story, and a really interesting progression throughout the game. Currently, she's the only transforming character in the game. I'll leave it at that.

Oh god no...what will happen to my psyco stalker? :cry:
Oh don't worry. I think the adjustments I want to make will end up making Cecilia's story BETTER.

Im curious how you are going to improve on that.
Well, I can tell you one way. The next full H-scene has something like 32 video loops. One of my gripes about H-scenes in most games is that they're so short and low-effort. My H-scenes are so few and far between that I want to make them extensive and spicy, and also make so that they're good stopping points for... obvious reasons lol.

of course you kinda miss a lot of content if you do that :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, see, I like content lol.

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
Honestly, Cecilia is a tricky case. Jealousy ingrained that deep does not easily go away, especially after all of the abuse she has suffered. I don't see her as being a conscious part of the harem itself. Then again, I'm not really playing it like My New Family, where everyone is aware it's a harem, but also not in the netorare sense where things have to be hidden.

That being said, I feel like the best way to interact with Cecilia is one-on-one, alone and away from any of the other girls. Knowing her personality, her trauma, and her emotional habits, I can't see her being part of a harem and being okay with it. And actually, this discussion gave me a great idea on how to make that happen.
Oh don't worry. I think the adjustments I want to make will end up making Cecilia's story BETTER.
For now the way of interacting with Cecilia that I prefer is similar to the one I want with the harpy: nonexistent. My interest in her is very low (no yandere LI interests me). I don't really want to include her in her harem, nor do I want the MC to establish a romantic relationship with her. For now I don't find anything in her that compensates for her attacks (and for me it will be very difficult to find something that compensates them).

See, that's why she was presented that way. I WANTED you to think she was a random monster girl. But she does indeed have a name, a story, and a really interesting progression throughout the game. Currently, she's the only transforming character in the game. I'll leave it at that.
For me, between the kidnapping, the female domination and the non-consensual sex, I have no interest in knowing anything else about her.

In fact, I'm not excited for the MC to remember how good the harpy was in her scene. I haven't seen the scene, I don't pretend to see it, and to be reminded of something that I dislike isn't exactly pleasant. For example, that after the scene with Aoibheann the MC compares her with the harpy annoys me.

By the way, since you already ask if the player wants to see or skip the sex scenes where the MC participates (it seems to me that at the moment I have seen the question in all of them), it would be nice to be able to do the same with the lesbian scenes. They bore me, and I prefer to use a option to skip them than to use CTRL. In fact, I haven't seen the scene between Princess Tilai and Nook. For me, if all the lesbian scenes could be avoided or skipped, the better.

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
foto 1.png

Well, I prefer to avoid girls who have fetishes that I don't like. If I can not start a relationship with a girl with BDSM or domination, for example, all the better. Also, I'd rather be able to avoid fetish sex scenes that I dislike much more than skip them. To take an example from this game: the harpy has fetishes that I dislike, and just being able to skip (and not avoid) her sex scene is frustrating for me. She's actually an LI that I prefer to avoid completely.

Even if it's a harem game, if I don't like one of the LIs (because of her behavior, her fetishes or whatever), honestly, avoiding her is a better option than watching something that I'm not going to enjoy.

Otherwise the game is interesting (and, for my taste, it would be much better if scenes with especially problematic fetishes, such as domination, non-consensual sex, etc., could be avoided entirely)

But this is just my opinion.

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Nope, I getcha completely. We all have different tastes, and I kind of failed to account for that. So I do intend to work on things and make a lot of these things completely missable for people who don't want to interact with them.

Reactions: BlasKyau

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
Thanks for the reply.

Despite my complaints about, mainly, the harpy, I think the story is good, the scenes are great, and the characters are interesting. I'm waiting to see how the game continues.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
For now the way of interacting with Cecilia that I prefer is similar to the one I want with the harpy: nonexistent. My interest in her is very low (no yandere LI interests me). I don't really want to include her in her harem, nor do I want the MC to establish a romantic relationship with her. For now I don't find anything in her that compensates for her attacks (and for me it will be very difficult to find something that compensates them).
Agree. I am a big non-fan of yandere and the only way I want to (or ever will) interact with Cecillia is long range through a sniper scope. Normal yandere are bad enough but anyone who harms people I care about will not be forgiven, no matter the back story, no excuse is good enough.

Reactions: BlasKyau

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
Agree. I am a big non-fan of yandere and the only way I want to (or ever will) interact with Cecillia is long range through a sniper scope. Normal yandere are bad enough but anyone who harms people I care about will not be forgiven, no matter the back story, no excuse is good enough.
I don't find the yandere characters romanceable (this one especially less). I don't know what the developer intends to do with her, but I hope I can avoid any sexual or romantic relationship with her.

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
I've learned my lesson with the Harpy. Any romance/sexual contact with Cecilia will be completely optional. For those who like the yandere types, what I include in that optional branch will be pretty extensive. And she's still a part of the story as an antagonist. But you will not be forced into any romance or sexual contact with her.

Deleted member 2553135

Jul 3, 2020
How do you unlock the Nook and Tilai scenes in the gallery? I know I saw scenes with them but they are still locked in the gallery. Thanks in advance.

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
How do you unlock the Nook and Tilai scenes in the gallery? I know I saw scenes with them but they are still locked in the gallery. Thanks in advance.
There's only one Nook/Tilai scene, and it's more of a mini-scene that involves both of them together right after the Harpy scene. I'll check and see if it's tagged properly, and if not, I'll let my contracted coder know (I didn't build the Gallery, so I have no idea how to fix it lol).

Kionashi

Jul 11, 2021
I've learned my lesson with the Harpy. Any romance/sexual contact with Cecilia will be completely optional. For those who like the yandere types, what I include in that optional branch will be pretty extensive. And she's still a part of the story as an antagonist. But you will not be forced into any romance or sexual contact with her.
I wouldn't mind seeing her have sex with other people though...maybe as a part of a bigger plan to corner the protagonist or maybe just having some more sexual fantasies with the dildo attached MC dummy.

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
I wouldn't mind seeing her have sex with other people though...maybe as a part of a bigger plan to corner the protagonist or maybe just having some more sexual fantasies with the dildo attached MC dummy.
Hmm some people might feel that sexual scenes with other dudes may stray into the Netorare side of things, and I explicitly promised there would be none of that. As for the dummy, I could easily do another scene or two that way. Definitely gives me some thoughts/ideas. I'm currently working on Friday of the next in-game week, and I may put up a poll to see which character gets an extra scene in the evening.

Deleted member 2553135

Jul 3, 2020
There's only one Nook/Tilai scene, and it's more of a mini-scene that involves both of them together right after the Harpy scene. I'll check and see if it's tagged properly, and if not, I'll let my contracted coder know (I didn't build the Gallery, so I have no idea how to fix it lol).
Thanks for the information. What I meant with the missing scenes is that I am missing one scene with Tilai and one scene with Nook (might be the same scene). Sorry if that was not clear before. Also, I definitely saw the scene with them after the Harpy scene and it did not unlock in the gallery.

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog. :love:

The gallery entries for both are linked to a non-existing label. As it's meant to replay the 'rescue' scene, either change both occurrences of tilai_nook_cunnilingush in 'neogallery.rpy' to rescue or add the missing label to '03 Chapter 3.rpy' somewhere before the 'ptloop' scenes.

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog. :love:

The gallery entries for both are linked to a non-existing label. As it's meant to replay the 'rescue' scene, either change both occurrences of tilai_nook_cunnilingush in 'neogallery.rpy' to rescue or add the missing label to '03 Chapter 3.rpy' somewhere before the 'ptloop' scenes.
Oh shit! Okay, I was able to fix that easily. Thanks for the tip! I'll have the fix in the next update. I have to figure out how to add a couple characters to the gallery as well.

I am Gone

Jun 10, 2020
Changes and Patron Poll: Extra Scene
» Devlog

8 hours ago by
Share this post:

Hello, you gorgeous people! As many of you know, I've had the Suggested Payment thingy on for a while, and currently, the only way to download was through MEGA (unless you go to the F95zone forum).

I realized I've not only been shooting myself in the foot there, I've been shooting all of you in the foot, too. By contributing on Itch for the game, you're missing out on the Patreon benefits, such as voting in this brand new poll I just posted.

Long story short, I have some extra space on the next in-game Friday for an extra scene in the evening. Patrons are voting here for what type of scene it should be (1. H-scene, 2. New character intro, 3. Story development for existing character). Later, Patrons will be choosing WHO the scene will feature. I realized that everyone who has been contributing on Itch was getting none of the Patreon benefits, so I disabled that feature. Now, if you decide to support the project, there's only one way to do it, and you're guaranteed the benefits. See and vote in the poll here:

Second, the MEGA issue. Well, good news there, too. I talked with Itch, and they were able to increase my file size limit for direct uploads to 4GB, which is their absolute highest limit. So when I upload the next build, you'll be downloading directly from Itch, and I'll be removing the MEGA links since they're such a hassle for those who don't have MEGA accounts.

Thank you all for reading and supporting this project!

Qwu2Xl.png

4.50 star(s) 32 Votes