Oct 7, 2020
View attachment 1402068
What Hordragg said about a lack of true routes is accurate. This is a harem game, and it's easiest to code and write in this fashion. HOWEVER. There ARE plans for Cecilia. Hang tight. We're getting there, slowly but surely.

And thank you Hordragg. Sorry to hear about your father-in-law, and hope you continue on the road to recovery.
ah, that makes sense. I hope she's included in the harem then, rather than being tossed out or used as an 'antagonist only' type character, she seems like a cute character and hopefully we get to see more of her. I wonder how Gillie will react if (or when) cecilia gets integrated into the harem, hopefully they can make up. Great game though, loving it 200% so far.

And the same from me too ,Hordragg. I hope you continue recovering at a healthy pace, sorry about the bad news with your Father-in-law. Get well soon, peace.

Reactions: VictorSeven

GraveXMachina

Jun 9, 2020
I just hope Cecilia isn't TOO easily forgiven.

Stabbing the MC and almost killing another person is nothing that should be easily overlooked.

Also, hope things better for you.

Reactions: VictorSeven

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
And this segues nicely into the questions from you two! First of all, thank you so much for the support on Patreon! And yes, you will absolutely see more of the Harpy if you choose to. Due to the rather... aggressive nature of her scenes, I opted to make her a skippable character, as there are a lot of people who aren't into the femdom/being forced angle. She was always going to be a secret character, and in later builds, you will be able to choose to go voluntarily "Feed the Harpy" before continuing the story. She has a name, and is one of those characters I mentioned who has a couple of different models. Feed her enough, and something might happen ;)

She's not the only secret, skippable character here, either. I haven't planned the others out yet, but I have a few more I want to implement as optional side stories that you can choose via menu option at certain points to take a small break from the main story. The community has voiced their VEHEMENT dislike of sandbox, so I'm never touching grindy mechanics or even a map screen. I don't even know how to code that. But people have been begging for more choices to make, so I figured these optional side stories that put the main story on pause would be the perfect middle ground.

Thank you all for your interest and questions! I check on this every day, so get at me if you have more to say or ask!
Is there any way to avoid the harpy? Don't skip her scenes, avoid her completely.

Kionashi

Jul 11, 2021
ah, that makes sense. I hope she's included in the harem then, rather than being tossed out or used as an 'antagonist only' type character, she seems like a cute character and hopefully we get to see more of her. I wonder how Gillie will react if (or when) cecilia gets integrated into the harem, hopefully they can make up. Great game though, loving it 200% so far.

And the same from me too ,Hordragg. I hope you continue recovering at a healthy pace, sorry about the bad news with your Father-in-law. Get well soon, peace.
The yandere girl joining the Harem?....that would be a little bit forced in my opinion...

Honestly I like her too much to give her anything but main boss status.She is a very interesting character and turning her into a normal non yandere girl would be kinda lame unless is the final resolution of the game (in which case would be fine)

Reactions: Ass~God

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019

I just hope Cecilia isn't TOO easily forgiven.

Stabbing the MC and almost killing another person is nothing that should be easily overlooked.

Also, hope things better for you.
The yandere girl joining the Harem?....that would be a little bit forced in my opinion...

Honestly I like her too much to give her anything but main boss status.She is a very interesting character and turning her into a normal non yandere girl would be kinda lame unless is the final resolution of the game (in which case would be fine)
Honestly, Cecilia is a tricky case. Jealousy ingrained that deep does not easily go away, especially after all of the abuse she has suffered. I don't see her as being a conscious part of the harem itself. Then again, I'm not really playing it like My New Family, where everyone is aware it's a harem, but also not in the netorare sense where things have to be hidden.

That being said, I feel like the best way to interact with Cecilia is one-on-one, alone and away from any of the other girls. Knowing her personality, her trauma, and her emotional habits, I can't see her being part of a harem and being okay with it. And actually, this discussion gave me a great idea on how to make that happen.

Is there any way to avoid the harpy? Don't skip her scenes, avoid her completely.
As far as the harpy goes, I want the MC to meet every single character at first. Then, later, certain characters will be fully skippable. So the first scene with the harpy is unavoidable. The rest will be fully avoidable, as she is an optional side character from that point on. We'll have more menus like Monday where you choose which girls to visit, and I'll mark which ones are optional or extra so you know which ones pertain to the main story and which you can pass up.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Honestly, Cecilia is a tricky case. Jealousy ingrained that deep does not easily go away, especially after all of the abuse she has suffered. I don't see her as being a conscious part of the harem itself. Then again, I'm not really playing it like My New Family, where everyone is aware it's a harem, but also not in the netorare sense where things have to be hidden.

That being said, I feel like the best way to interact with Cecilia is one-on-one, alone and away from any of the other girls. Knowing her personality, her trauma, and her emotional habits, I can't see her being part of a harem and being okay with it. And actually, this discussion gave me a great idea on how to make that happen.
I'd rather stab Cecillia with an ice pick. "Vicious murdering yandere" doesn't appeal to me - I guess because I suffered through one (police involvement, vehicle and property damage, everything). Give us the option of a sniper rifle and high ground. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: jadih96207

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
As far as the harpy goes, I want the MC to meet every single character at first. Then, later, certain characters will be fully skippable. So the first scene with the harpy is unavoidable. The rest will be fully avoidable, as she is an optional side character from that point on. We'll have more menus like Monday where you choose which girls to visit, and I'll mark which ones are optional or extra so you know which ones pertain to the main story and which you can pass up.
Ok, thanks.

I'm not excited about that encounter, and I guess if it's not important I'll skip it using CTRL and avoiding seeing the scene.

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Ok, thanks.

I'm not excited about that encounter, and I guess if it's not important I'll skip it using CTRL and avoiding seeing the scene.
In the current version, the screen goes black before the H-scene starts and allows you to hit a button to skip it.

I'd rather stab Cecillia with an ice pick. "Vicious murdering yandere" doesn't appeal to me - I guess because I suffered through one (police involvement, vehicle and property damage, everything). Give us the option of a sniper rifle and high ground. :ROFLMAO:
Oh I've been through the same thing. That's why Cecilia is so believable; I'm writing from some of my own experiences. I think Cecilia might end up being best as an optional girl, but I think you'll be satisfied with the only way players will be able to interact with her. Actions have consequences, and hers should be no different. But I think the Yandere Stalker is such a polarizing option that players should have a choice on whether or not to pursue her.

I'd love to hear what people think about Cecilia being an optional route this way.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
In the current version, the screen goes black before the H-scene starts and allows you to hit a button to skip it.
I have figured it out, but I have used CTRL on the remaining part you see. In any case, the very existence of the scene and just being able to skip it makes me enjoy the game much less, it may be very strange, but each one is as it is. Today I skipped the scene, maybe in a few days I feel like continuing the game.

Oct 7, 2020

Oh I've been through the same thing. That's why Cecilia is so believable; I'm writing from some of my own experiences. I think Cecilia might end up being best as an optional girl, but I think you'll be satisfied with the only way players will be able to interact with her. Actions have consequences, and hers should be no different. But I think the Yandere Stalker is such a polarizing option that players should have a choice on whether or not to pursue her.

I'd love to hear what people think about Cecilia being an optional route this way.
I'd like Cecilia being an optional route, you would be able to appease both camps this way, she could be taken down from her role as a primary antagonist later on down the road (even Hannibal Lecter helps out the FBI) but still not be romanced if the player chooses not to do so.

though I myself would make Cecilia the highest-priority capture target, no doubt.

Nov 24, 2019
I have figured it out, but I have used CTRL on the remaining part you see. In any case, the very existence of the scene and just being able to skip it makes me enjoy the game much less, it may be very strange, but each one is as it is. Today I skipped the scene, maybe in a few days I feel like continuing the game.
Think of it like a supermarket - you cannot reach some sections without passing by other sections first, which may not hold your interest.

In my case, whenever I want pizza, I have to pass across both horticulture and pets section first. Just ignore them, you're here for the pizza, after all.

In other hand, maybe you'll pass through the wines section while heading for pizza and decide it would be a nice addition for your dinner. Still, you usually need to see everything the supermarket has to offer before picking only a fraction of the stuff in there.

(The real problem starts when the game forces you to go back and forth and back and forth the sections you do not care with... Not the case AFAIK.)

Reactions: BlasKyau

Kionashi

Jul 11, 2021
We have very few games with actual yandere style characters that aren't a low effort garbage, that is a refreshing part of the game, specially considering how well written everything is. Now I would love a resolution at some point were you can help her overcome the trauma her sister caused and help her become a better person, now Im not against having her as a love interest, but I would like to have the option to just befriend her even if I decide It wont be healthy to start a romantic relationship with her I would still like to be in good terms with her and maybe even hang out with her since she is so skilled with martial arts she could be a "killer" sparring partner ;).

Kionashi

Jul 11, 2021
Part of me thinks I should have monochromed the stabber so that even the player didn't know who did it. I may have to do that for future attacks and let people speculate on who might have been responsible. I may try this in a future altercation.
Honestly I was thinking the same...Is weird seeing the MC speculate with the police officer about who might be the stabber when we all saw Cecilia doing it.

Also If the stabbings remains a mistery It would open the possibility to have multiple stabbers and subvert player's expectations with a nice twist

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Think of it like a supermarket - you cannot reach some sections without passing by other sections first, which may not hold your interest.

In my case, whenever I want pizza, I have to pass across both horticulture and pets section first. Just ignore them, you're here for the pizza, after all.

In other hand, maybe you'll pass through the wines section while heading for pizza and decide it would be a nice addition for your dinner. Still, you usually need to see everything the supermarket has to offer before picking only a fraction of the stuff in there.

(The real problem starts when the game forces you to go back and forth and back and forth the sections you do not care with... Not the case AFAIK.)
I suppose I will continue the game tonight. Thanks for your comment.

When there is a scene that I particularly dislike, I usually wait a couple of days before continuing the game (whether I see the scene or not; in fact, if I watch it, it will probably take longer).

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
I suppose I will continue the game tonight. Thanks for your comment.

When there is a scene that I particularly dislike, I usually wait a couple of days before continuing the game (whether I see the scene or not; in fact, if I watch it, it will probably take longer).
I completely understand what you mean. I felt the same way about a game called College Bound which, I would argue, is a stellar game with fantastic visuals and design. However, the one thing I hated was that in College Bound, you as the main character have a girlfriend that you're straight up cheating on the whole time. And I. Hate. That. I still managed to make it through Episode 1 and partway into Episode 2, but that dynamic significantly reduced my enjoyment of the game.

So I understand where you're coming from on this. Some things just... BOTHER you. What I should have done with the harpy was introduce her in a non-H scene so that the player is aware of her, and then made the rest of her story optional rather than force the encounter. I apologize for that. Perhaps in a future update I'll be able to fix that by giving the player a choice whether or not to go deeper into the woods during that walk in the Witherwood. While I initially thought it was a cool and dynamic way to introduce a new character, I'm realizing that not everyone enjoys that kind of thing being suddenly thrust upon them, and that I'm really the only one who knows how cool the harpy character is going to be. Heck, I haven't even told you her name, have I?

But either way, discovering more about her and who (and what) she used to be are big parts of her story, and that story has nothing to do with the main story, so it should absolutely be optional. I have several ideas on how to fix this so it's not forced upon the player anymore. I'll likely give it some attention after I finish the second in-game week, same as I'm looking into Cecilia since some people have issues with yanderes.

Appreciate your feedback. Don't be afraid to speak up about something that bothers you. This is a community-driven game above all else.

I am Gone

Jun 10, 2020
300 Followers/Return to Work
» Devlog

12 minutes ago by

wwHJuO.png

Hello again, you gorgeous, amazing people.

It's been one hell of a month. I'm sure you've seen why on the past few posts. But this time I bring good news.

First, we've crested 300 followers on Itch, which is a huge milestone. Thank each and every one of you for caring about this game, this world, these characters enough to want to pursue it.

Second, I've beaten Covid and I'm back to work. This means my schedule will be normalizing, and rather than spending every night on my Twitch channel, I'll be back to devoting 3-4 nights a week to working on World's Crossing.

mSXd_I.png

Some time away from the game gave me some fresh new ideas, and this upcoming build is going to be a bit spicier than I had originally intended. I'm still going for quality over quantity as far as the H-scenes are concerned, but I had me some new ideas and a bit of practice with the scene I just finished, and I think I can both make all the upcoming main H-scenes far higher quality than originally intended AND manage to sprinkle in some minor H-scenes that won't disturb the story too much. MOST of that will be in future builds, but I'm going to experiment with it for this next build and ask y'all how you felt about it, since the #1 request is more H-scenes.

xYQT3_.png

So thank you all for your support, thank you all for your patience, and most of all, thank you all for your love of this game. Y'all are what make me want to keep going on this.​

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
I completely understand what you mean. I felt the same way about a game called College Bound which, I would argue, is a stellar game with fantastic visuals and design. However, the one thing I hated was that in College Bound, you as the main character have a girlfriend that you're straight up cheating on the whole time. And I. Hate. That. I still managed to make it through Episode 1 and partway into Episode 2, but that dynamic significantly reduced my enjoyment of the game.

So I understand where you're coming from on this. Some things just... BOTHER you. What I should have done with the harpy was introduce her in a non-H scene so that the player is aware of her, and then made the rest of her story optional rather than force the encounter. I apologize for that. Perhaps in a future update I'll be able to fix that by giving the player a choice whether or not to go deeper into the woods during that walk in the Witherwood. While I initially thought it was a cool and dynamic way to introduce a new character, I'm realizing that not everyone enjoys that kind of thing being suddenly thrust upon them, and that I'm really the only one who knows how cool the harpy character is going to be. Heck, I haven't even told you her name, have I?

But either way, discovering more about her and who (and what) she used to be are big parts of her story, and that story has nothing to do with the main story, so it should absolutely be optional. I have several ideas on how to fix this so it's not forced upon the player anymore. I'll likely give it some attention after I finish the second in-game week, same as I'm looking into Cecilia since some people have issues with yanderes.

Appreciate your feedback. Don't be afraid to speak up about something that bothers you. This is a community-driven game above all else.
Thanks for the reply.

Being able to avoid at least the harpy sex scene (I don't know if her name has ever been said) would be nice. I don't know how the character is going to be, but as long as she has scenes of either femdom, or/and non-consensual/forced sex, the chances that she interests me are nil. If to avoid her scenes I have to avoid the character, that is what I intend to do.

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019

Ah, College Bound, a prime example for the matter at hand. Apart from setting you up with an established relationship, it has you witnessing a lesbian scene and more than once made you have sex with one of the older women to boot. Thread exploded every time. Then again, that very same thread is filled with arguing about whether or not the sex-positive best friend is simply great or the greatest slut to grace that earth and being more concerned about the MC's well-being than the deteriorating mental health of his girlfriend. So I for one have a very hard time taking it seriously. :rolleyes:
If only the game weren't so beautiful to behold… And I'm not talking sleek parallax effects on menus and an awesome font design here, but its realistic looking women. I like that very much.

So. I'd like to throw my hat in for making that scene avoidable – though not the character, mind. I realize that coming up with an alternate entry into her story line might be quite the task or outright problematic, but it's the prudent way, to my mind.

Glad to see you're back to full health. All the best!

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Ah, College Bound, a prime example for the matter at hand. Apart from setting you up with an established relationship, it has you witnessing a lesbian scene and more than once made you have sex with one of the older women to boot. Thread exploded every time. Then again, that very same thread is filled with arguing about whether or not the sex-positive best friend is simply great or the greatest slut to grace that earth and being more concerned about the MC's well-being than the deteriorating mental health of his girlfriend. So I for one have a very hard time taking it seriously. :rolleyes:
If only the game weren't so beautiful to behold… And I'm not talking sleek parallax effects on menus and an awesome font design here, but its realistic looking women. I like that very much.

So. I'd like to throw my hat in for making that scene avoidable – though not the character, mind. I realize that coming up with an alternate entry into her story line might be quite the task or outright problematic, but it's the prudent way, to my mind.

Glad to see you're back to full health. All the best!
This was ABSOLUTELY my problem with the game. It's gorgeous and so are all the women. But it comes across as being written by someone with a complete lack of empathy. Someone who's lived their life this way with no regard to how they're making people feel. I really had a sour taste in my mouth after Episode 1, and I started thinking about World's Crossing after I put the game down. Was Aurum in danger of being a character like Kurt?

Then I remembered an upcoming scene with Chiara that you haven't seen yet, and I smiled. No. Aurum is far more wholesome than Kurt will ever be. Kurt thinks with his dick and, while Aurum is definitely attracted to multiple people, I wrote him to think with his heart first and want to do the right thing over all else.

I feel a bit better about WCA now. I have to remember the depth and emotional quality I started the game with as I continue. I really want it to stand out among the other H-games as something that really makes you think, that changes your life in a good way.

4.50 star(s) 32 Votes