popabear

Jul 11, 2019
There was one other point I forgot to make. Fun fact, every girl is a squirter if you're good enough with your hands. And this line right here that you delivered, about her being tired making zero sense... you're kind of calling out your own inexperience here. You've never give a girl a chain of 2-3 body rocking orgasms before, or you would know that most girls have a hard limit. I've lost count of the amount of times I've left a girl face down and shaking on my bed, unable to continue, without my own pleasure being attended to. And it's fine, because I love knowing that I was so good that I straight up put her on disability for the rest of the night, and I didn't even need to give her the D to do it. The ego boost is so phenomenal that I don't care about my physical needs. I have to get them a glass of water 'cause they're parched from all the heavy breathing and can't get it themselves because their legs don't work anymore. It's AWESOME.

I get comments all the time about how no guy has ever done this for her, or how they're so used to guys just doing what feels good to them, and then ending things when they're done, leaving the girl unsatisfied. Word to the wise, my friend, don't be the guy that girls complain about to guys like me. Becoming partner-focused was the best decision I made in my life, and the amount of surprise, gratitude, and straight up addiction I get from them is astounding. THEY chase ME, not the other way around. They end up wanting to "get me back" for what I did to them, promising to disable me just as completely. And boy, do they try. It's a game that has winners on both sides, completely different from the style of interaction you seem to expect, namely the "It Only Good If Me Get Off Somehow" school of thought. Just because it isn't the typical meathead thing to do doesn't make it wrong. So, respectfully, get outta here with that "you need to research how real life horny people work," and your talk of the MC having "virgin energy." I take these things as insults, and I have far more experience than you realize.
It's funny how our life experience shape us differently. I know exactly where you're coming from because I was you! I've been a "giver" most of my life, same as you are now. And I still derive a lot of gratification from making a girl cum. But our experience of how that works out in the long run in the real world couldn't be any more different. You're trying to explain water to a fish here. And you're turning anecdotes into facts. Here's some highly anecdotal "facts" from the other side:
1. People who give freely gets taken advantage of. It will be expected that you'll keep giving and if you suddenly stop then you'll get shit for it.
2. What's given freely isn't valued. Earned rewards on the other hand...
3. When you make the main focus a girl's pleasure over yours, you subconciously signal that she is worth more than you. Very few women are ok with this dynamic in the long run. I've gone through this process a couple of times and it has ended miserably every single time. They generally want a partner they can look up to, whose time is more valuable than theirs. They expect the dynamic to be the other way around, where it is them who feel obliged to give because otherwise you might go to someone else with your needs. When you break from these expectations you get problems you didn't even know could exist.

The real world does not reward givers, it shits on them mercilessly. "Fact".

Maybe you just exude alpha traits from every pore of your body and you're jacked as shit and all that, which makes you able to keep exhibiting these behaviours without having them come back to bite you hard in the face. Or maybe you've just found the right girl, to which I say congratulations, because then you've found a unicorn. Either way, it must be good to be you.

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
I think you've also failed a little with showing us exactly how "unique" Gilly is, and you've definitely failed to show what warrants MCs continued interest in her. Yes, she's nice looking, but besides this what really makes her worth pursuing? She's been nice to MC? You talk like you're the Alpha'est of Alphas, but don't you see how horribly beta it is to pursue a girl just because "She's hot, and was nice to me."?
This is a very fair point here, and precisely the reason I'm considering moving/removing this scene. Another huge issue that was pointed out to me was that apparently this abandoned cathedral I used was from Dark Souls, and though I'm not a DS player, I cringe at copyright infringement possibilities. So we may end up doing away with this scene completely. And you are absolutely right, I haven't shown Gillie's uniqueness or motivations enough, and that is entirely on me.

Honestly just axe the scene, especially if you aren't that proud of it to begin with. Because all my hangups about this game stem from this scene and this scene alone.
In all honesty, this might be the best thing for the game. I'd be interested in hearing how more people feel about getting rid of this scene.

It's a fine line to walk, MC being cold and calculating vs horny, and I feel you've painted yourself into a corner a bit with this.
This is also a fair point, as what I'm trying to do is hit a middle ground between the two. A little standoffish and untrusting at first (due to his history with Cecilia), but still human and given to lust like anyone else. But he also has a degree of self-control and emotional intelligence not usually seen in H-game MCs.

Regarding the MCs motivations: If MC isn't in it for the puss, then what exactly is he after?
This is another fantastic point, and something I'm working on. His motivation was purely to make enough money to get the hell out of Dodge, so to speak. He hates this place and wants to leave. But little by little, he's finding reasons to stay, reasons to stick around longer. His motivations are being CHALLENGED. He's starting to make a difference, to make connections, to form anchors to this place. I probably need to show some more home scenes where his internal monologue is at conflict with his original plans. This was a failure on my part, and I can fix it. It's a sort of inverted character arc that's not easy to execute, but wonderful when done right. The point of the story bits is to make him care enough to abandon his original plans.

you actually have the option to go both ways in this
This is specifically due to my inexperience with Ren'Py and variables. It's a solid idea, and I would execute on it if I knew how to. One of the things I'm currently studying.

And I have to say, this has been a fantastic discussion, and I have an idea here. A gift for you, since you're obviously very passionate about H-games and giving feedback to help me improve mine. Your time is valuable, and I want to give back. Check your inbox. A token of gratitude for spending so much time discussing how to improve this game.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
There was one other point I forgot to make. Fun fact, every girl is a squirter if you're good enough with your hands. And this line right here that you delivered, about her being tired making zero sense... you're kind of calling out your own inexperience here. You've never give a girl a chain of 2-3 body rocking orgasms before, or you would know that most girls have a hard limit. I've lost count of the amount of times I've left a girl face down and shaking on my bed, unable to continue, without my own pleasure being attended to. And it's fine, because I love knowing that I was so good that I straight up put her on disability for the rest of the night, and I didn't even need to give her the D to do it. The ego boost is so phenomenal that I don't care about my physical needs. I have to get them a glass of water 'cause they're parched from all the heavy breathing and can't get it themselves because their legs don't work anymore. It's AWESOME.

I get comments all the time about how no guy has ever done this for her, or how they're so used to guys just doing what feels good to them, and then ending things when they're done, leaving the girl unsatisfied. Word to the wise, my friend, don't be the guy that girls complain about to guys like me. Becoming partner-focused was the best decision I made in my life, and the amount of surprise, gratitude, and straight up addiction I get from them is astounding. THEY chase ME, not the other way around. They end up wanting to "get me back" for what I did to them, promising to disable me just as completely. And boy, do they try. It's a game that has winners on both sides, completely different from the style of interaction you seem to expect, namely the "It Only Good If Me Get Off Somehow" school of thought. Just because it isn't the typical meathead thing to do doesn't make it wrong. So, respectfully, get outta here with that "you need to research how real life horny people work," and your talk of the MC having "virgin energy." I take these things as insults, and I have far more experience than you realize.

That's how I'm writing Aurum. For several of the LIs, he'll be working the slow burn angle. But every girl is different, and his interactions with each girl will take on a different speed.
I have to say from experience that you are absolutely right in what you just said. I almost always get them to have several orgasms and on many occasions I have none. But it feels exceptionally good to know that you have managed to lead your partner to an experience that they rarely feel.

Aoibheann, for example, moves much faster than, say, Kanako would. After your encounter with her in the new update, Aoibheann is ready for the D NOW.

View attachment 1495146

Jade? She wants to test you. See your reactions. Test your courage and your self-control. She doesn't want a pussy. She wants someone who will stand up to her and overpower her. She wants a MAN. And once you do, she'll be addicted to you.

View attachment 1495147

Ember is a different story entirely. She wants to KNOW you. Figure you out. See what makes you tick, and know everything in your past. She wants to dig into your mind and UNDERSTAND you. Ember is the kind of girl who will tease, but not put out for a long time, not until she feels that connection.

View attachment 1495148

I write my characters with care, and Aurum is made to respond to these vastly different styles. Where a typical MC with Jack's philosophy would do the exact same thing with every girl (try to push as far as he can and get as much of his own pleasure as she'll allow), Aurum is more prone to reading the room and understanding that he needs to take a different approach with each LI. It's dynamic, it's unpredictable, and I hope most people find it enjoyable. I just need to shore up a few things (a few things that you made EXCELLENT points about, by the way), and I feel it will polish the experience nicely.

I want to reiterate that I enjoy these discussions and am grateful for the feedback. Just be aware that if you swing on me, I will not hesitate to swing back. I hope I've done a good job in explaining my intentions for the way I wrote things, and given you hope for the future that things will resolve in a manner you find satisfactory with some of the girls. There will be more WCA to come, and all feedback helps me make a great game for everyone.
I find everything you have exposed interesting.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
It's funny how our life experience shape us differently. I know exactly where you're coming from because I was you! I've been a "giver" most of my life, same as you are now. And I still derive a lot of gratification from making a girl cum. But our experience of how that works out in the long run in the real world couldn't be any more different. You're trying to explain water to a fish here. And you're turning anecdotes into facts. Here's some highly anecdotal "facts" from the other side:
1. People who give freely gets taken advantage of. It will be expected that you'll keep giving and if you suddenly stop then you'll get shit for it.
3. When you make the main focus a girl's pleasure over yours, you subconciously signal that she is worth more than you. Very few women are ok with this dynamic in the long run. I've gone through this process a couple of times and it has ended miserably every single time. They generally want a partner they can look up to, whose time is more valuable than theirs. They expect the dynamic to be the other way around, where it is them who feel obliged to give because otherwise you might go to someone else with your needs. When you break from these expectations you get problems you didn't even know could exist.

Maybe you just exude alpha traits from every pore of your body and you're jacked as shit and all that, which makes you able to keep exhibiting these behaviours without having them come back to bite you hard in the face. Or maybe you've just found the right girl, to which I say congratulations, because then you've found a unicorn. Either way, it must be good to be you.
The question is knowing when to give and when not to. That makes you be in control and not the other way around. You give her pleasure, yes, but when YOU want to give it, not when she wants to receive it, they are your rules and she accepts them or she won't have it. And I can assure you that it works quite well.

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019

I didn't realize this ended up on a new page. Perhaps I've misjudged you, and Aurum as an MC could use a little more assertiveness in his dealings with some of the girls. I'm gonna stew on this a bit, maybe do an experimental scene or two to see if it still comes out true to his character.

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Tier 4 Access! Closer to Public Release!

Starting today, Tier 4 Patrons have access to Chapter 5! This also means that the price of the game on Itch has dropped from $75 to $25 for early access! The price will continue to drop until it is eventually free for everyone. Here is the schedule:

11/19/21 - Tier 3 Access, $10

11/23/21 - Tier 2 Access, $5

11/26/21 - Public Release

1636724179860.png

I've also been on a bit of a character creation binge. We will be revealing yet another T5 Creator Character soon, someone that you short stack lovers are going to go apeshit over. I'll also be announcing a bit of a partnership with a certain Twitch channel, who will be putting his OC into the game as a romanceable encounter for those who have broader tastes. This will be fully skippable content, though, so don't worry. You WILL have a choice.

1636724228677.png

I FINALLY heard back from my feature coder. He was apparently in a bike accident and was in the hospital for a whole month. But he's okay now, and wants to get back to work. He has finished a few new features, one of which is a surprise, and one is a completely revamped Gallery, which is one of the weak parts of the game. He will also be helping me put together a quest system for the optional girls, so you can take a break from the main story and further your relationship with the girls of your choice, while avoiding the ones you don't want to be romantic/physical with.

1636724250252.png
That's all for now! I don't want to spoil the coolest new feature yet, but I promise it will get you a LOT more interactions with the girls, with less work on my part, so more story, more content, and more depth to your relationships will be packed into each update. Look for it to be debuted once we enter the Security Arc of the story.

That's all for now! I'll hit you again next week at the latest!

-Vic

Kionashi

Jul 11, 2021
is that...a siren?... I like the spooky eyes!, and that nose is interesting :D

Im glad to see you take some risks with the designs, is always sad to see when a fantasy story adds a bunch of mythical creatures and humanizes them to the point they are just humans with different skin color...like making an orc but is just a bigger green waifu, and the dark elf is a dark skin waifu with pointy ears... or make a kobold, and is just a waifu with cat ears...of course, I can't hardly blame you for doing some of that, after all Im aware my particular desire to see less human looking characters is not exactly mainstream and you need to aim for mass appeal in order to get more support...but is always nice to see little non conventional things from time to time even if is just a little bit.

Moonis

Mar 18, 2019
"avoiding the ones you don't want to be romantic/physical with".
What is this blasphemy? Bring them all on, total manslut here, everyone with suitable hole goes (assuming body size does not go too big).

I looked at the eyes and skin of the girl in first picture and thought, A dolphin girl! But yeah, it might be siren too. Clothing is quite similar to sirens in the Elder Scrolls Online.Such a big breasts might be hindrance on swimming though. Cute small mouth, just big enough for my... unmentionables. I surely hope she's not a shark girl.. their teethrow gives me nightmares!

Btw, there's a theory that humans developed also along the coastal areas. Living half of their lives in the shallow waters. There's a webbed skin between our fingers and toes, unlike monkeys. Some children still get born with webbed feet, so that extra skin has to be cut out. Even very small children are natural swimmers and can hold their breath while diving. Our body fat is different from monkeys (good for keeping swimmers warm). And our brain/size ratio is closer to the one with the dolphins than to monkeys. Apparently seafood is good for growing brains. So, we might have longer history for fucking sea creatures than is usually thought :p

Reactions: I am Gone

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019

Im glad to see you take some risks with the designs, is always sad to see when a fantasy story adds a bunch of mythical creatures and humanizes them to the point they are just humans with different skin color...like making an orc but is just a bigger green waifu, and the dark elf is a dark skin waifu with pointy ears... or make a kobold, and is just a waifu with cat ears...of course, I can't hardly blame you for doing some of that, after all Im aware my particular desire to see less human looking characters is not exactly mainstream and you need to aim for mass appeal in order to get more support...but is always nice to see little non conventional things from time to time even if is just a little bit.
Oh yes, I'm trying to push the limits of the engine I'm using, getting more and more nonhuman with the designs. I actually have a clan of dragon girls I'm working on behind the scenes, but I really need to make some decisions on their designs before I end up incorporating them. I love monster girls, myself. Unconventional? Yes. Fun? Also yes. My goal is to get more extravagant with the designs, while also keeping to what makes sense story-wise.j

What is this blasphemy? Bring them all on, total manslut here, everyone with suitable hole goes (assuming body size does not go too big).
See, I subscribe to the same philosophy that you do, my friend. But with community feedback, there are some who don't like certain girls, or prefer to not take part in some sex scenes. So I ended up putting options in. Without spoiling, there is one particular scene that ruffled a lot of feathers (ha) that I got enough feedback on to make me decide to put choices in. Eventually, I'll go back and smooth it all over.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018

Oh yes, I'm trying to push the limits of the engine I'm using, getting more and more nonhuman with the designs. I actually have a clan of dragon girls I'm working on behind the scenes, but I really need to make some decisions on their designs before I end up incorporating them. I love monster girls, myself. Unconventional? Yes. Fun? Also yes. My goal is to get more extravagant with the designs, while also keeping to what makes sense story-wise.j
The mermaid isn't particularly attractive to me. She doesn't look ugly in general, but the nose reminds me of a skull and makes me dislike the face as a whole. It isn't very likely that she interests me as LI.

I'm pretty sure I won't be interested in the type of LIs you're talking about. The less human they are in their design, the less chance there is that I will like them.

See, I subscribe to the same philosophy that you do, my friend. But with community feedback, there are some who don't like certain girls, or prefer to not take part in some sex scenes. So I ended up putting options in. Without spoiling, there is one particular scene that ruffled a lot of feathers (ha) that I got enough feedback on to make me decide to put choices in. Eventually, I'll go back and smooth it all over.
"avoiding the ones you don't want to be romantic/physical with".
Each person has different fetishes and dislikes different things. It may be that having scenes of a particular fetish is acceptable even if the person in question doesn't like them, but there will be others that will be a big no.

For example, I personally don't like rape scenes at all (and less when the victim "enjoys" being raped, it isn't credible and I dislike it a lot), if a game has these kind of scenes as mandatory, it's very possible that not interests me (it depends on whether it's possible to avoid seeing them, who is the victim, and who is the rapist) If I cannot avoid seeing them, I will not play, if the MC were the rapist, I will not play, and if the victim is a LI, it's very unlikely for me to play.

On the other hand, I don't like footjob scenes, but unlike the above, I'm not going to quit a game because I have some scenes like that, even if I can't skip or avoid them.

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Alright, folks. For the next build, I'd like to do a few things:

• Take out the sex scene warnings, as I think these really ruin the game.
  • Make every sex scene optional, meaning you can say no to the girl instead of just skipping it.
  • Start working on Optional scenes, which is where I intend for the majority of future H-content to be.
For that last part, I started a Quest file for one of the characters using the code I learned from my feature coder, who is doing a revamped gallery and another really cool feature that I won't reveal yet.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Will this code do what I need it to do? Essentially, I'll have a menu that will call the top label and have the variable control which scene gets shown. If this is viable, I'm going to make a quest file like this for every optional girl (which will be almost all of them). Also, speaking of that gallery...

Coded and designed by Xaos. What do you think?

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018

• Make every sex scene optional, meaning you can say no to the girl instead of just skipping it.
  • Start working on Optional scenes, which is where I intend for the majority of future H-content to be.
I don't know if the game will have to be restarted, but I sure do it to avoid the harpy scene.

Also, speaking of that gallery...

Looks good.

Reactions: VictorSeven
Nov 24, 2019
Eh, I don't particularly like that code very much (and it won't work, by the way, there is a few typos).

Also, the use of persistent memory. It is good for settings, but for quest tracking, it means you cannot really "start over". (Pressing "new game" won't erase persistent memory).

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Eh, I don't particularly like that code very much (and it won't work, by the way, there is a few typos).

Also, the use of persistent memory. It is good for settings, but for quest tracking, it means you cannot really "start over". (Pressing "new game" won't erase persistent memory).
Yeah my feature coder corrected me and advised I use standard variables:

Reactions: cuckoo4cocoapuffs

Kionashi

Jul 11, 2021

For that last part, I started a Quest file for one of the characters using the code I learned from my feature coder, who is doing a revamped gallery and another really cool feature that I won't reveal yet.

Will this code do what I need it to do? Essentially, I'll have a menu that will call the top label and have the variable control which scene gets shown. If this is viable, I'm going to make a quest file like this for every optional girl (which will be almost all of them). Also, speaking of that gallery...

looking good....wait a second...is... that the lesbian girl? the one with the green top?... ohh that's cool, even if she is not into guys I wouldn't mind seeing her have fun with other girls :sneaky:

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Writing and Planning Started for Week 3

Hey all! With only a couple days from releasing to the $5 patrons, and lowering the price of the Chapter 5 update to $5, I figured now would be a great time to start writing for Week 3, which will be Chapter 6.

1637489413052.png

As you all know, this is a very community-driven game. There's a feedback form at the end of every completed build that lets everyone who plays it chime in on where they think the game should go, and what girls should get the spotlight in the next build. I've also introduced a special perk for our T5 Creator patrons: They each get to pick 1 girl every build for whom I will focus on story development. So next build, while it will come a little bit slower, should have more content.

1637489456554.png

There's a lot to do in the next build. The new gallery is finished, and I'm quite happy with it, but players will need to start their games over to unlock the girls, as I had to add new persistent variables that will trigger at certain points. There's also one other major feature being introduced to the game, and it will happen when the game transitions into the Security Arc of the story.

1637489514839.png
Now, I already know what I want to do for the main story, but so far, by far the most requested thing for this next build is Character/Side Story Progression. I'm working on a quest system and an optional menu at certain points in the day where you'll be able to break off from the main story and go spend time with the girl of your choice. I plan to make a lot of the girls optional this way so that you can pick and choose who you wanna spend time with most, but be aware, some girls will require other girls' quests to be at a certain point!

Also, the Patreon Pinup Pack 2 is almost done!

1637489550206.png

In a couple days, all the $5 patrons get access to the build, and a few days after that, it goes free to the world! I will be paying attention to the feedback forms when planning the content for the next build, and I hope to see you all there!

And big thanks for everyone supporting the !

-Vic

Also:
WTFISGOINGON.mp3
1637489611379.png

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Price Reduced to $5! Public Release 11/26!

Man, I must be feeling generous with this build. Another day-early release, this time for our Tier 2 Patreon supporters!

Price has been reduced to $5 for those who can't use Patreon. Will be free to everyone in 4 days!

Enjoy, and don't forget the survey at the end, because it's how you get to choose which girls get focused on in the next update!

1637590309926.png

Kionashi

Jul 11, 2021

Also:
WTFISGOINGON.mp3
View attachment 1511438
Always happy to see numbers go up...but what does that means? people are entering and downloading more from here? or patreon?

anyways, Im pretty excited to jump again into this game...when it goes public I will start from the beginning to refresh myself with the story and characters, also I can't never get enough of that goblin cuteness...

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Always happy to see numbers go up...but what does that means? people are entering and downloading more from here? or patreon?

anyways, Im pretty excited to jump again into this game...when it goes public I will start from the beginning to refresh myself with the story and characters, also I can't never get enough of that goblin cuteness...
1637693041867.png
These are stats from itch.io showing that the game is getting a TON more attention than it ever has before, save for perhaps its launch. For nearly 5 days straight, the stats have been fantastic. For the past three days, we've neared or broken 1000 views per day, and neared or broken 200 downloads per day. That means the game is getting out there, and because of that, my Patreon has been blowing up. And THAT means I'll be able to spend less time working and more time on the game, since the Patreon funds are covering more and more of my bills.

And don't you worry. There is PLENTY of Goblin content in this build. Just a few more days!

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
I Did It! (Github)

So I told y'all I was gonna take some time away from the game while the Patrons were having fun with it to learn Git and Github. Lo and behold, apparently I didn't need to, 'cause Github Desktop exists. I have now created and uploaded repositories for both my Renpy content and my Ai Shoujo content.

1637775044639.png

SO! I HAVE DONE IT! I HAVE (hopefully) ELIMITATED DATA-LOSS BASED SETBACKS!

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

... ehem ... See you again in a couple of days!

1637775079454.png

4.50 star(s) 32 Votes