VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
I love the game, but I feel like the chapters were very short, especially the first 3.

Will this be more of an open world/exploration game later on, once all or most characters are introduced?
No, it will not be a sandbox game. However, starting with Chapter 5, each chapter should be a week long or more, and I'm slowly introducing more choices into the game as I learn how to code them. I am an author first and a coder second lol. I'm still very new to the latter so bear with me while I learn how to make choices work.

To everyone else, thank you so much for the feedback. Indeed, it was only one or two pieces of feedback that negatively reacted to Aoibheann's dialogue, and they were anonymous so I just assumed they were Irish. But I want everyone to know that I am listening, that I read every piece of feedback that is written. I may just find someone from Ireland to consult about her dialogue to see if we can't adjust it a little bit to make it smoother. That seems to be the common suggestion, and, as the majority seem to adore Aoibheann in her current state, I may elect to do that.

Thank you all for your feedback and opinions!

Soulpuppet

Sep 10, 2020
For the love of god don't change her because of a couple whiney people. I love the way she speaks and is written. People complain about anything these days. Don't stop what you're doing or have 2nd thoughts because of few people.

Also, I'm glad you're feeling better and back in the swing of things keep up the great work.

Harkonnan

Give me chiisana oppai!
Game Developer
Oct 24, 2020
I figure it this way. Since this is YOUR VERSION of earth her Irish doesn't have to conform to OUR VERSION of Irish. I like her character just the way it is. She's funny and is actually my favorite after the goblins. I would say keep her the same.

Separately I would like to see more story on Wither. I find her character interesting.

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Projected Goal for Build 3
1647505028636.png

I've been busying myself these past couple weeks by going over the feedback form's results at the end of Build 2. There are a few particular characters that are getting a LOT of love and requests for more screentime, so it's been pretty easy to plan out this next build. There are still a few planned scenes where I haven't a clue as to what will happen, but I know who will be involved, so that's a start, at least.

The cool thing is, this build starts off with finishing up Sunday evening. So rather than the typical Next Build = 7 days, you get like 7.5 instead. I have some story points that we set up in the first build that I really want to explore in the third build. I'm having a hard time choosing which things are going to be displayed in the main story, and which are going to be optionals. 'cause that's a new feature. Optionals. Personally, I kinda hate the concept of optionals because it means I did all that work on those scenes just to have someone skip them. But hey, that's probably how AAA devs feel about things like Dragon Age and Mass Effect with their multiple paths. Just takes longer to make a build this way.

Speaking of which, I know I went ham on the first Popularity Weekly thingy we did, but I'm going to be toning that down more towards how we did it in Build 2 because it took far less time to shoot and script. Adding development time for extras like that is not something I wanna do right now, but I do want to keep the same amount of focus and polish for the actual content of the game.

And now, the info you've been waiting for. This game launched in June of last year, and I can think of no better goal than to launch the third build for World's Crossing Academy's 1 year anniversary. June is about three months away, which should hopefully give me enough time to complete this build.

1647505068894.png

There is a lot of stuff I want to put into this build. Optional quests for optional characters such as the Harpy Girl (whose name I haven't told you yet) and a texting system. The phone system is actually already done. I just have to figure out how to use it lol.

So here's hoping for June. Thank you for all your support.

-Vic

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
The cool thing is, this build starts off with finishing up Sunday evening. So rather than the typical Next Build = 7 days, you get like 7.5 instead. I have some story points that we set up in the first build that I really want to explore in the third build. I'm having a hard time choosing which things are going to be displayed in the main story, and which are going to be optionals. 'cause that's a new feature. Optionals. Personally, I kinda hate the concept of optionals because it means I did all that work on those scenes just to have someone skip them. But hey, that's probably how AAA devs feel about things like Dragon Age and Mass Effect with their multiple paths. Just takes longer to make a build this way.

There is a lot of stuff I want to put into this build. Optional quests for optional characters such as the Harpy Girl (whose name I haven't told you yet) and a texting system. The phone system is actually already done. I just have to figure out how to use it lol.

Well, it's more work, but I think it's always better to make certain fetishes or characters optional and thus open up to more players/customers than to make everything mandatory and reduce their number.

In my case, for example, if the harpy were a mandatory character (LI), it would surely reduce my interest in the game considerably. In fact, after the first scene with her, I left the game for several days before picking it up again.

In any case, the game is very interesting and I like the story and most of the LIs (if we remove the harpy and the yandere stalker I think I like all the rest)

Reactions: VictorSeven

KnuckleDragger79

Sep 4, 2020
Back in the Saddle

View attachment 1696738

I have to say, I can't believe how patient this community is. Every day, I look at my Patreon page for this game that hasn't been updated since November, expecting to see the support dwindle in to nothing. And sure, I do lose Patrons, on about a weekly basis. But new people sign up in their stead, and where I expected support for this game to disappear, it's still going strong. I was certain this setback of mine was going to kill the game. But you all seem to have faith. Maybe it's time I started having faith, too. Thank you.

I'm not here to make any grand promises. But now I really understand how dedicated this community is to this game. There's a story to be told here with these characters that you've all fallen in love with, and I'm the only one who can tell it for you. It's what I signed up for when I created this project. I was blown away by the amount of love this world and these characters have received, and I get messages almost daily asking when there will be an update. I realize I've been selling myself short. I've been out of it for a long time, and I haven't been confident about jumping back in. Writer's Block, mental blocks, heck even near-death experiences, not to mention pouring out everything I have supporting friends who are going through their own crises... to say I've been a bit shaken and drained is an understatement.

But all things must end. I've been working hard to pull myself out of this funk I've been in, and I honestly miss working on this game the way I used to. I was so excited and full of energy every time I sat down, and I'm trying to find a way to recapture that. That being said, Chapter 6 has begun, and after the scene I'm working on, I'm going back to my old method of Shoot First, Dialogue Later. It helps so much to have the scene shots to look at while I'm writing, and depriving myself of that was a mistake. I was trying out another dev's process, someone who gets MASSIVE amounts of work done in a day. I wanted to be able to do that.

But World's Crossing is unique. The way I make it is unique. Most games have a TON of repeated shots during dialogue scenes. Even some of my favorites like My New Family absolutely abuse repeated shots during dialogue. World's Crossing doesn't do that. I might repeat a shot here and there, but for the most part, but my dialogue scenes are almost like watching a movie, where the shot changes every three to four lines and replaces with fresh shots. Same with the intimate scenes. They're not predictable, 1 position, 3-speed-then-climax rinse-and-repeats. Each new shot is a carefully planned angle that's meant to deliver more to the experience and attempts to keep things fresh and real.

This obsession with player experience, immersion, and quality is what I believe sets World's Crossing Academy apart from your typical H-game, up to and including even some of the most beloved titles out there. I will never be the best H-game dev out there. But I WILL give my all and do everything I can to improve my skills and deliver you an experience that grabs at your heart, whether you want it to or not.

I'm back in the saddle.

Chapter 6 continues.

Let's make this a story worth talking about for years.

-Vic
There is no way we can go on without more adorable gobbos! MUST HAVE MOAR!!!!!!!!!!!! Lol Nah, we will always be here, just be open and honest with us.

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
more adorable gobbos!
Have I introduced you to Saffryn?
Saffryn.png
we will always be here, just be open and honest with us.
I really appreciate that. I'm going to put out a bit of a mini-update with Monday and Tuesday of the coming week when those days are completed so I can let the community know that this game has not been abandoned. I'll hopefully get the other five days done by mid to late June, which is the anniversary month of the game. Fingers crossed.

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Losing Support, But It's Understandable

1649069641676.png

Hello again, all!

I wanted to wait until April Fools had passed before making a post so you know that I'm not pulling your leg. First, the bad news. Because of the LENGTHY chain of unfortunate events, I've lost about half of the support I had on Patreon. This means I need to work 4 days a week instead of 3, which ultimately means less time can be spent on the game. It's a vicious cycle. However, I'm back in the groove, and I'm working back up to my previous speed.

To staunch the bleeding, I'm going to release a mini-update that contains Monday and Tuesday of the next week to show that there IS progress being made on the game, and that the project has not been abandoned. I can spout words on here all day long, but until you folks see a content update, it's all just words. The plan is to have Weds through Sun of the next build done by June, in time for the game's anniversary. HOPEFULLY I can live up to my own expectation.

1649069659065.png

I just want to say that this community, for the most part, has been wonderfully patient with me and my string of bad luck, and I wholeheartedly appreciate it. World's Crossing is a labor of love that sits among a staggering number of projects that I am currently working on. But it's the people the game draws, its YOU that make me want to prioritize this and focus on this. Thank you for your passion, your suggestions, and your love. The ladies of WCA appreciate you too, and can't wait to see more of you!

-Vic​

Moonis

Mar 18, 2019
I just wanted to say that I supported you. Not by Patreon or any other donation site, but as hoarding book-collector (4250+ books in my shelves), I bought your books. Not once, perhaps nor twice, but three times :oops:. Is your bad luck infectious btw?

I bought first pair last December. I waited and waited. Finally I tracked my books through Amazon, and it was marked as delivered, just not to me. I thought that courier didn't carry it to my front door due covid restrictions and were delivered to someone else by error. Okay. No problem. I could as well support you more by ordering another pair, which I did last month.

This time I tracked packets more carefully, checking when they'd crossed the pond. I noticed they arrived to my city. I can't use phone confirmation for login to Amazon, so I thought they might not have my number and I waited for email or envelope to arrive that confirms from where to get book packets (I bought two books about Göbekli Tepe also, total of 104 euros packages). I didn't get any mail about arrival and I checked tracking again. Books were marked as delivered. And I didn't get them this time either...

I checked my Amazon info thoroughly and noticed they had my phone number, not once, but twice. Number in my account was correct, but number attached to my address was my old phone number that was in use late 90's, and now someone else uses that number. I found out that late part of delivery system they used, didn't use my email or address, just my phone number, the wrong one. So, apparently someone got notice of packages waiting, fetched them from automated lockers (no need to proof of identity) and ran with them.

I called the wrong number, woman answered and I asked whether she got my packages by mistake. She said "nooooo", with a voice like a child who got caught, and hang up on me. So, I texted her and suggested that she'll return them to post office for delivery to correct address and mentioned there's chance for me contacting police if I don't get the books I've paid for.

I contacted post office, asking for confirmation of the package's exact route and let's see how things will go. I don't know if this is big enough crime for police to do anything, if that even fits into any category of a crime. Should be easy enough to solve though. And if she won't return them, I'll have to buy them third time.

btw. It would be nice to get your books on sale in Book Depository. That's much better than Amazon, as it delivers without postage or having to handle customs (bit extra cost, but it's like tenth of Amazon's postage) and I'll always get those books delivered straight into my mailbox.

EDIT: And happy end to the Lost Books Saga. I got call that they found my books and I'm now happy owner of The Riftkey Chronicles 1 and 2. I'll try to read them as soon as possible. You're in tough company though. I also have books like Brandon Sanderson's Stormlight Archive 3 and 4, two trilogies from Joe Abercombie, whole Culture series by Iain M. Banks, James S. A. Corey's Expanse series 7 and 8, Barbara Hambly's Dragonsbane series, everything from Andrzej Sapkowski and last book of Benedict Jacka's Alex Verus series to be read. :geek:

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 32 Votes