VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Let's Call It Build 2.5: Progress Report

I have been writing like a madman.

I have been up and down the feedback form.

I have been scribbling notes from everyone's comments, from here, F95Zone, and Patreon.

It's been insane, planning these next two builds. As discussed before, Build 2.5 will finish out Sunday and include Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of the following week. Build 3 will have Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Unfortunately, there are still some things happening IRL, but they are not impacting World's Crossing as severely as the major events that happened in this past half year. So we're still on track for a May Patreon release of 2.5 so far. It MIGHT get pushed to June. But if it does, that's only so I can make the twist scenes PERFECT because they're gonna require a LOT of extra work. There are some huge questions being answered in 2.5, and introduction of more questions for you to ponder on.

But what do you, the fans want? Based on the consensus:

1652428984668.png

You wanted more of little Wither. You're getting more Wither. A little taste in 2.5, and a nice, full scene in 3.0.

1652429005278.png

You wanted Galka. You're getting Galka. You're getting more Galka than I anticipated because she ended up being a WONDERFUL character to write and I had a blast with her scenes.

1652429047769.png

You wanted Druthari. You're getting a LOT of Druthari. I swear, these characters evolve on their own.

1652429063671.png

You wanted River. You're gaining a new way to interact with River in 2.5. Much more of this story in 3.0.

1652429087361.png

You wanted more Saarya. You're getting more of her and the mysterious Dryad language. Patrons will be getting the Dryad dictionary soon, so they'll be able to translate the conversations.

1652429106134.png

And, as revealed in the last post, you're getting a texting system. A basic texting system, but it allows for so much more interaction with the girls because I can write interactions that don't require shooting scenes. Starting in 2.5 and playing a major part in 3.0, you'll get an opportunity to check your texts every evening and have some one-on-one time with your favorite girls. You might even find some of them are braver over text than they'd ever be in person.

As for the PROGRESS. I am nearly done scripting Tuesday. Once I finish that, I'll just have to shoot and score Tuesday. Then it's script, shoot, and score Wednesday. I'll create another feedback form, attach it like I usually do, and turn it loose once it's all put together.

Thank you all so much for your passion, ideas, patience, and support! Without all of you, I would NOT have had the heart to continue this story. It's because of YOU that we're still going in this world with these lovable characters, and I have a SUPER special surprise for Patrons on its way. You wanted to know what's going on with Nook, right? Patrons will receive something special regarding Nook within the next couple of weeks. So don't miss your chance. Hop on the WCA support train here:

Much love to all of you!

-Vic

Mograx

Oct 16, 2019
"You wanted Galka. You're getting Galka. You're getting more Galka than I anticipated because she ended up being a WONDERFUL character to write and I had a blast with her scenes."

This right here is my feedback, for whatever it's worth, in perpetuity. No matter what is asked in this regard, my answer will be that I want content you vibe with the most and enjoy implementing.

Now I'm not just saying that because I care about you, because I don't (no offense, you're all just words and pictures on a forum to me) but because this method, without question, unfailingly produces the best, most authentic, and ultimately, most successful content a creator can produce.

I (and I can't imagine I'm alone here) wanna see YOU'RE favorite stuff, the storylines and characters you're most passionate about. Because at the end of the day, this is your story, and that passion and love always shines through when the player boots up the game. We can sense it. Feel it. It's that hidden, essentially unquantifiable "oomph" factor that separates good games from the great ones.

Just something to keep in mind maybe, if down the road you're not sure what to implement, or if you're thinking you might be getting too focused on what the players want.

Last edited:

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Let's Call It Build 2.5: Progress Report

I have been writing like a madman.

I have been up and down the feedback form.

I have been scribbling notes from everyone's comments, from here, F95Zone, and Patreon.

It's been insane, planning these next two builds. As discussed before, Build 2.5 will finish out Sunday and include Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of the following week. Build 3 will have Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Unfortunately, there are still some things happening IRL, but they are not impacting World's Crossing as severely as the major events that happened in this past half year. So we're still on track for a May Patreon release of 2.5 so far. It MIGHT get pushed to June. But if it does, that's only so I can make the twist scenes PERFECT because they're gonna require a LOT of extra work. There are some huge questions being answered in 2.5, and introduction of more questions for you to ponder on.

But what do you, the fans want? Based on the consensus:

View attachment 1808378

You wanted more of little Wither. You're getting more Wither. A little taste in 2.5, and a nice, full scene in 3.0.

View attachment 1808379

You wanted Galka. You're getting Galka. You're getting more Galka than I anticipated because she ended up being a WONDERFUL character to write and I had a blast with her scenes.

View attachment 1808380

You wanted Druthari. You're getting a LOT of Druthari. I swear, these characters evolve on their own.

View attachment 1808381

You wanted River. You're gaining a new way to interact with River in 2.5. Much more of this story in 3.0.

View attachment 1808382

You wanted more Saarya. You're getting more of her and the mysterious Dryad language. Patrons will be getting the Dryad dictionary soon, so they'll be able to translate the conversations.

View attachment 1808383

And, as revealed in the last post, you're getting a texting system. A basic texting system, but it allows for so much more interaction with the girls because I can write interactions that don't require shooting scenes. Starting in 2.5 and playing a major part in 3.0, you'll get an opportunity to check your texts every evening and have some one-on-one time with your favorite girls. You might even find some of them are braver over text than they'd ever be in person.

As for the PROGRESS. I am nearly done scripting Tuesday. Once I finish that, I'll just have to shoot and score Tuesday. Then it's script, shoot, and score Wednesday. I'll create another feedback form, attach it like I usually do, and turn it loose once it's all put together.

Thank you all so much for your passion, ideas, patience, and support! Without all of you, I would NOT have had the heart to continue this story. It's because of YOU that we're still going in this world with these lovable characters, and I have a SUPER special surprise for Patrons on its way. You wanted to know what's going on with Nook, right? Patrons will receive something special regarding Nook within the next couple of weeks. So don't miss your chance. Hop on the WCA support train here:

Much love to all of you!

-Vic
Wanted Wither - yes please!
Wanted Galka - Nope. Not one thing about her appeals to me. I wouldn't notice if she disappeared from the story.
Wanted Druthari - Hmmm, :unsure: yep she's growing on me.
Wanted River - Yep!
Wanted Saarya - Yep!
Wanted Aoibheann - Oh hell yeah!.

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Almost Done Writing! 0.1.5.5 Progress Report

1652934843146.png

Here it is. Here they are. The last 4 scenes, and the last 5 text conversations I have to write. After that, it's all shooting and scoring. And then we're ready for release! AAAAAH!

Finally. This poor game. You poor fans. Y'all haven't had an update since November, and I know you're starved for content. I'm so sorry it's taken so long and I'm SUPER thankful for your patience. I love y'all, seriously.

I'm excited to see what you all think about the new flow, number of scenes and interactions in each day increasing, and the all-new texting system. More interactions with the girls without the hardest part of making the game: shooting scenes. It's the most tedious, yet most important part of making the game and story. We're visual creatures, I get it. But I'm really hoping the text conversations add a lot of good interactions with the girls you like, and add enough playtime and story to make y'all feel satisfied with what is essentially half an update.

Hang in there. We're almost there.

1652934861424.png

1652934874329.png

1652934890199.png

1652934903810.png

Hang in there! We're almost there!

-Vic

Moonis

Mar 18, 2019
Great news. But I gotta say that first image got me scared. At first glance it looked like they are at the men's toilet together and I imagined Galka whipping out enormous penis and that got me thinking... No, NO, I better not go there... Too scary.. I'd better save my sanity.

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Great news. But I gotta say that first image got me scared. At first glance it looked like they are at the men's toilet together and I imagined Galka whipping out enormous penis and that got me thinking... No, NO, I better not go there... Too scary.. I'd better save my sanity.
I'm not usually one for spoilers but no, that is DEFINITELY not the case lol. I think you'll like the ACTUAL scene far more once you have the context lol

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Wanted Galka - Nope. Not one thing about her appeals to me. I wouldn't notice if she disappeared from the story.
I'm also not overly attracted to LIs that have several times the size of the MC. But we'll see, if there isn't femdom or anything similar, it's possible that I don't dislike her.

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
Interesting that everyone is so hyper-focused on Galka...
She is unique so it makes sense. I don't know if I have seen a character like her in many other games before that wasn't focused on large women and femdom. She stands out.

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
She is unique so it makes sense. I don't know if I have seen a character like her in many other games before that wasn't focused on large women and femdom. She stands out.
What's interesting is that she seems to be almost as polarizing as Cecilia, our yandere stalker, is. People either absolutely love or vehemently hate Cecilia. I don't quite get that level of extremes with Galka, but there also seems to be no middle ground with her. People either love her or are completely disinterested in her. I like to play things against-type. Most people look at her and immediately assume futa or femdom, or both. But I want to play her from a different angle, something not so easily predicted, if that makes sense. I'm a fan of curveballs and unique traits. Things that make you think, that surprise you. If every character in my games was just a cloned archetype, y'all would be bored by now.

I had to really think on her. How do I make a large girl interesting? Well, we already have Rukah, the orc chick who, against all assumption, is completely passive and a bit on the shy side. And, while there's still a lot to be learned about Rukah aside from those traits, I wanted Galka to have something unique to her, too. The Gentle Giant angle is a nice one, I think, but there's something more about Galka that Rukah doesn't have. Galka has presence. And I really want to focus on her presence becoming a huge factor in her character quirks, if that makes sense. She looks kinda butch, kinda manly, and I'm showing her that way on purpose. Because the twist you'll see with her if you decide to go visit her in the cathedral on Saturday will turn all of that on its head.

But yeah. Really interesting that people are so hyper-focused on Galka, for better or for worse. It seems that her, Wither, Nook, and River have caught a LOT of eyes, and this is why it's so beneficial for someone like me who makes games to see where the community is drawn, and to whom. I love learning about what you all are interested in, what you think might happen, what you want to see happen or what you wish you could see, etc. It's fuel that makes me want to work faster and more often.

So thanks for that lol

Trynn

Jul 10, 2018
I dislike prejudging characters before getting to know them, so I don't automatically assume Galka should be a dom, though I do agree it's the common trope. If it turns out to not be the case I'll also be pleasantly surprised, though the deviants who like femdom should get representation. I suppose. I guess...

I do find it difficult to see how Cecilia could be redeemed. Attempted murder, on multiple counts, is tricky to just handwave away, so whilst nothing is impossible I'd be very leery of trying that approach for those who like her.

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
Most people look at her and immediately assume futa or femdom, or both

I can't really speak for anyone else, but I think it is because in virtually every VN/game on the site (that I have come across anyway) that is what she would be. Big/muscular females = Dom &/or Futa, so there is an automatic dismissal by people not into that type.

Wither, Nook, and River have caught a LOT of eyes
My eyes, and quickly on the way to capturing my virtual heart :love:

People either absolutely love or vehemently hate Cecilia
Yeeaahhhh......I am usually all about the redemption arc's, but this one....? We'll see :unsure:

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
What's interesting is that she seems to be almost as polarizing as Cecilia, our yandere stalker, is. People either absolutely love or vehemently hate Cecilia. I don't quite get that level of extremes with Galka, but there also seems to be no middle ground with her. People either love her or are completely disinterested in her. I like to play things against-type. Most people look at her and immediately assume futa or femdom, or both. But I want to play her from a different angle, something not so easily predicted, if that makes sense. I'm a fan of curveballs and unique traits. Things that make you think, that surprise you. If every character in my games was just a cloned archetype, y'all would be bored by now.

I had to really think on her. How do I make a large girl interesting? Well, we already have Rukah, the orc chick who, against all assumption, is completely passive and a bit on the shy side. And, while there's still a lot to be learned about Rukah aside from those traits, I wanted Galka to have something unique to her, too. The Gentle Giant angle is a nice one, I think, but there's something more about Galka that Rukah doesn't have. Galka has presence. And I really want to focus on her presence becoming a huge factor in her character quirks, if that makes sense. She looks kinda butch, kinda manly, and I'm showing her that way on purpose. Because the twist you'll see with her if you decide to go visit her in the cathedral on Saturday will turn all of that on its head.

But yeah. Really interesting that people are so hyper-focused on Galka, for better or for worse. It seems that her, Wither, Nook, and River have caught a LOT of eyes, and this is why it's so beneficial for someone like me who makes games to see where the community is drawn, and to whom. I love learning about what you all are interested in, what you think might happen, what you want to see happen or what you wish you could see, etc. It's fuel that makes me want to work faster and more often.

So thanks for that lol
Well actually I mentioned femdom because of the harpy's precedent, not specifically because I think she's more likely to have it than others. I'm not really interested in any LI that has femdom, regardless of her size.

In any case, being true that her size makes her less attractive in my point of view, but that is a matter of personal taste, as long as she doesn't have a fetish that I dislike (or has a horrible personality), I probably don't mind the MC being in a relationship with her.

Regarding Cecilia... Possibly I'm among those who vehemently hate her.

4.50 star(s) 32 Votes