VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Hello gorgeous! Yes, you. I'm talking to you. You're awesome. Why? 'cause you've been following this project for as long as you have, and despite speed bump after speed bump, here you are! So here are some previews of the next build!

As far as the actual progress, I originally had 8 scenes to do. I had new ideas, and that jumped up to 10. I currently have 5 left. 3 are written and I just need to shoot and score them, and the other two need to be written, shot, and scored. I finally figured out Serafina's role in the game, and I'm VERY happy with the decision. She was a very low-interest character, and I'm excited to see if that changes in this build.

Anyways, here are a ton of previews!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hope you enjoyed that. Obviously, I can't give away EVERYthing... What are you most excited about seeing in the upcoming build?

-Vic

Scotsman1989

Nov 10, 2018
Hello gorgeous! Yes, you. I'm talking to you. You're awesome. Why? 'cause you've been following this project for as long as you have, and despite speed bump after speed bump, here you are! So here are some previews of the next build!

As far as the actual progress, I originally had 8 scenes to do. I had new ideas, and that jumped up to 10. I currently have 5 left. 3 are written and I just need to shoot and score them, and the other two need to be written, shot, and scored. I finally figured out Serafina's role in the game, and I'm VERY happy with the decision. She was a very low-interest character, and I'm excited to see if that changes in this build.

Hope you enjoyed that. Obviously, I can't give away EVERYthing... What are you most excited about seeing in the upcoming build?

-Vic
Is it me, or is the Death Omen girl blushing at the MC through the mirror?

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020

-Vic
I'm passing the time until the update reading your books. Just started the second one. MAJOR criticism - no illustrations and no sex. C'mon! I'm reading a book by a guy who makes sexy games about cute monster-girls and cute monster girls show up in the book with no illustrations? No booty-call? Daaaaaaaamn, so disappointed. :cool:

lmao-gif-13.gif

She's embarrassed because she saw the boner in his pants when he walked past ;)

Kuranai

The Fool
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2020

-Vic
images (39).jpeg
The patrician choice, scenes with giant lady, of course.

Bob Jared

Sep 22, 2017
I finally figured out Serafina's role in the game, and I'm VERY happy with the decision. She was a very low-interest character, and I'm excited to see if that changes in this build.
Which one is that again? I remember the events but not so much the names.

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
I created her after the Porcelain Doll design, so she has a natural blush applied to her cheeks :)

I'm passing the time until the update reading your books. Just started the second one. MAJOR criticism - no illustrations and no sex. C'mon! I'm reading a book by a guy who makes sexy games about cute monster-girls and cute monster girls show up in the book with no illustrations? No booty-call? Daaaaaaaamn, so disappointed. :cool:
Haha thank you for getting into the series! I hope you're enjoying it. My book coach and I are planning out the rewrite of the third book and I hope to have it out by December.

I know it's a playful criticism, but I actually have a serious answer for ya. There ARE illustrations of most of these characters, made by the amazing Ashtox, the same artist who did my cover art. If you like, I can message you with all the characters I've commissioned so far. Eri is by far the fan favorite. Or I can post here with a big art dump so everyone can see.

And it's funny you should mention no adult content. I started this series in 2010 or 2011, so I've been working on it for a very long time. And it was actually my first choice for making a VN, using Koikatsu Party. I ultimately decided I didn't want to disrespect my characters that way, and I knew there would be more than a couple that I would never allow in an adult situation if I could help it. Here's how many of the characters turned out in KKP.

Koikatsu-2019-08-17-15-16-20.png
Left to right, Kiriya, Wither (yes, she was in this before WCA, and she's a Book 7 character), Taiali, Eriani, Reilu, Yulinn, Raiah, Telle, Tryn (Book 5 character)

Maika was never created in KKP, but makes her cameos in WCA as the hostess of Popularity Weekly. Saarya is another character who made her way from the books into WCA. And I would entertain the idea of more of the girls making it in if you have suggestions. Just know that there will be a couple I will say No to.

Which one is that again? I remember the events but not so much the names.
Serafina, the Security Supervisor
b3serawalk (44).png

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Tragedy Strikes Again

It seems the rain isn't over.

My cousin Phil has been a huge part of my life since I was a kid. An Elite Trainer by trade, this man was able to cosplay Kratos from God of War perfectly. He made a career in personal training, and was the entire reason I moved to Washington state. And I've spent a significant portion of this year with him, helping him out after a really nasty failed relationship in which he lost everything. Everything was going great. He'd just secured a position with my company as a site lead, and spent the first day there getting nothing but glowing praise from the nurses and patients there. This was it. This was what all the suffering had been for. This was where his life was gonna turn back around. He'd made it.

Phil took his own life this morning.

This one hits hard. He was only in his 40s. He was there for me when my dad and grandma passed on the same day last year. We were supporting each other when our uncle passed away from cancer this January. I thought I was keeping him stable, motivated. Making sure to check in with him the way he checked in with me. Making sure he could vent and get the shit he was feeling out. A lot of the money from this game actually went to him to help out when he wasn't in a good position financially. Y'all helped me keep his head above water. But apparently the barrel of a shotgun looked better than the future ahead of him.

What does this mean for World's Crossing Academy?

The biggest things missing from the next build is the H-scenes. Almost everything else is ready to go. I can't bring myself to work on H-scenes right now for obvious reasons. So I'm going to put placeholder images in place of those scenes, and release this next build with no H-scenes with the intent to fill in the sexual content with the next build. I'll be spending the next couple of days polishing up what's there and get the release out to Patrons ASAP. I'll post a release schedule and the build will be available to the public in about a month.

And then I am going to take a little while away.

It won't be nearly as long as last time. You won't be waiting 8 months for the rest of this in-game week. But I need to actually process all the shit that's happened, because putting it on the back burner is causing it to bubble up and is affecting my ability to create. And the game is suffering for it with long times between updates.

So I'm hoping to have all the polishing done by this week or next week. I will be publishing an Android build as well, which has been highly requested.

Thank you for your patience. I'm trying. I just keep getting hit, hard. And it's getting harder to get back up each time.

I love everyone in this community. Thank you for your understanding.

-Vic

Kionashi

Jul 11, 2021
damn....I can't even imagine how you must feel right now... holy crap...take the time you need dude, we can wait...may I suggest seeking professional help? dealing with such a terrible streak of bad news must be taxing for your mental health and maybe a professional could help you manage all your feelings and help you recover.

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Progress Report: The Home Stretch

By now, you may have noticed I'm not like other devs. I don't post weekly progress updates. Weekly devlogs. Or really anything on any kind of schedule. I post when I have something to say.

I do what I want. lol

1655515699401.png

That being said, I only have 2 scenes to shoot and score (meaning I have to do the renders and the music) and then it's on to bugtesting. Once that's done, our Tier 5 Patrons get first crack at it. And on down the line every week until it's free to everyone.

1655515714437.png

I confess, I'm a little worried. This build is going to seem... light in comparison to other updates. There is a lot of setup, and introduction of new systems, but I'm worried that people will feel there isn't enough content, enough story, enough reveals. A lot of the major twists and stuff were scheduled to happen on the next 4 days, which will be Build 3, or Version 0.1.6, the full Chapter 6 release. This is only the first half of Chapter 6, and I'm fairly certain people will find it wanting. Be that as it may, I gotta get SOMETHING out to y'all. You've been waiting so patiently for so long, and I appreciate you.

1655515730371.png

That being said, I DO feel there is some cool stuff and some cool setup in this build. Finally, a choice that really MATTERS. A few dialogue choices that will actually net you extra dialogue down the line depending on what you chose. My coding skill is expanding, ever so slightly. The game still feels much like a kinetic novel, but slowly, I'm adding stuff that makes it feel more robust. The texting system is the big one. It allows for more conversations with the girls without me having to shoot the scenes with them. I can just WRITE and have something for you to read and interact with, and learn more about the girls in your evening free time.

1655515746079.png

That's all for now. Thank you all so much for your patience in these trying times. It feels like everything in the world is trying to keep me from releasing more updates on this game, and I am stubbornly busting my way through all opposition because I've fallen in love with this community and I want to keep making something cool for y'all to enjoy.

-Vic

Trynn

Jul 10, 2018
Ah, shit. I'm really sorry to hear about your friend. I can't really offer much condolence as I'm obviously not a part of the situation and I fear any attempt would be trite, but don't get caught feeling you need to burn yourself for others when you just don't feel like you can do it. Take what time you need, when you need. Balance pushing yourself and letting yourself rest.

That said, I was originally going to post a very effusive praise of those new characters you showed off, but I'll be a little more muted now. Even so, they all look great (Beast girl? Beast girl!) I eagerly await them appearing.

Best wishes.

Reactions: VictorSeven

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
[RELEASE + Android] First Half of Chapter 6 + Schedule

Hello, all you crazy, amazing people!

1655905602706.png

It's been a crazy ride. Y'all have been crazy patient and understanding. And for that, I thank you... with a new content update! Per your requests, I'm packing each chapter full with more content. For comparison... here was the scene list from Build 2, which was Chapter 5.

1655905614972.png

And seeing as how "vidfinish" was just screens that go at the ends of the H-scenes, that's 21 scenes in Chapter 5. Seven days. Average of about 3 unique scenes per day.

Compare that to the current build, 2.5, which is only HALF of Chapter 6. It's the last part of Sunday, and the full Monday through Wednesday of the third week in the game:

1655905630060.png

That's 16 scenes, and that's not counting the H-scenes I owe you. There were going to be 3 new H-scenes in this build, but I lost another very close family member, and couldn't bring myself to do horny work. I WILL fill those in, I promise. But we still have Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday to go, and I anticipate we may reach a total of 35 or even 40 unique scenes, nearly DOUBLE what Chapter 5 had. I'm listening.

Also by popular request, I have made some changes to the earlier story, which include new variables. You will want to replay the whole game in order to set these variables. I'll detail those changes in the changelog:

1655905646069.png

CHANGELOG:
  • ~3250 Lines of Code (Story)​
  • Brand New Texting System with 8 New Conversations​
  • ~700 New Images​
  • Harpy Scene/Meeting is now Optional and Avoidable​
  • Disclaimer/Warning in the Beginning about Cecilia​
  • First ever official Android version, downloadable directly from Itch!​
The game is now available for Patrons of Tier 5 and higher! Over the next few weeks, it will become available to more Tiers, until it is eventually free to the public! The prices of the files here on Itch will slowly decrease until they hit zero in about a month.

SCHEDULE:
  • 6/22/22 (Today) - T5 Patrons / $75​
  • 6/29/22 - T4 Patrons / $25​
  • 7/6/22 - T3 Patrons / $10​
  • 7/10/22 - T2 Patrons/ $5​
  • 7/13/22 - PUBLIC RELEASE / FREE​
1655905665346.png

Thank you all so much for your patience and support. I'll be taking a couple of weeks off of work to go visit family and be with friends, and after that, I'll be hard at work on Build 3, which will be the rest of Chapter 6. If you'd like to support this project, please head to the Patreon:

Enjoy!

-Vic​

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
The Rhythm is Returning

It's interesting, how a change of scenery can reset the mind.

1656358837434.png

See, I said I was gonna take some time off and visit family and friends. And yet, I've felt the creative spark returning. Over the past three days, I've written five of Thursday's seven scenes. Friday has four scenes, Saturday has two regular and four optional scenes, and Sunday has four scenes as well. Total of 21 scenes, so I'm already... a quarter of the way done with the writing? But I'm thinking about adding more scenes to the last three days. Lot of major stuff is happening, lot of questions being answered, and the end of this week will spell the end of the Janitor Arc. But there's so much more I can do. Especially since I'm seeing who the most popular character is. I HAVE to give her a couple of scenes.

1656358861610.png

I have an idea of how I'm going to organize these story arcs. Each arc will be a separate project on Itch.io, sort of like a pseudo-sequel. Once the Janitor Arc is finished, I'll consider that a "complete game" even though the next arc continues exactly where the Janitor Arc left off and will require the save file from the Janitor Arc. It'll be a direct continuation, but it will allow me to archive a lot of the images used, so that way the full experience doesn't become a bloated monster.

1656359047295.png

I figure this is a better way of doing it than some of the games that inspired me, like Ecchi Sensei. I'll clearly label the arcs Book 1, Book 2, and so forth so as to avoid confusion, and things will be much better organized in the second project/story arc. I'm still undecided, but this is the direction I'm currently leaning.

1656359065628.png

What do you think? Would you rather I keep updating one singular project? Or would you like to see the story arcs split into separate projects that use the same save file?

Kionashi

Jul 11, 2021
The Rhythm is Returning

It's interesting, how a change of scenery can reset the mind.

View attachment 1893863

See, I said I was gonna take some time off and visit family and friends. And yet, I've felt the creative spark returning. Over the past three days, I've written five of Thursday's seven scenes. Friday has four scenes, Saturday has two regular and four optional scenes, and Sunday has four scenes as well. Total of 21 scenes, so I'm already... a quarter of the way done with the writing? But I'm thinking about adding more scenes to the last three days. Lot of major stuff is happening, lot of questions being answered, and the end of this week will spell the end of the Janitor Arc. But there's so much more I can do. Especially since I'm seeing who the most popular character is. I HAVE to give her a couple of scenes.

View attachment 1893864

I have an idea of how I'm going to organize these story arcs. Each arc will be a separate project on Itch.io, sort of like a pseudo-sequel. Once the Janitor Arc is finished, I'll consider that a "complete game" even though the next arc continues exactly where the Janitor Arc left off and will require the save file from the Janitor Arc. It'll be a direct continuation, but it will allow me to archive a lot of the images used, so that way the full experience doesn't become a bloated monster.

View attachment 1893871

I figure this is a better way of doing it than some of the games that inspired me, like Ecchi Sensei. I'll clearly label the arcs Book 1, Book 2, and so forth so as to avoid confusion, and things will be much better organized in the second project/story arc. I'm still undecided, but this is the direction I'm currently leaning.

View attachment 1893872

What do you think? Would you rather I keep updating one singular project? Or would you like to see the story arcs split into separate projects that use the same save file?
daaaaamn, I know there are words and stuff over there...but kinda....got distracted...with Galka's amazing back side...

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
My personal taste is for a singular project but only by a thin margin, and because I rarely run into download/size issues.
Going with the separate projects might be better for those who are a bit more limited.

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Tier 4/ Price drop to $25!

Ahoy! As a reminder, here's the release schedule! I'm opening up access to Tier 4 patrons and dropping the Itch price to $25 a day early because I'm going to be on a plane tomorrow and won't have time to update the game. Rather than make you folks wait, I'd rather open it up a day early.​

SCHEDULE:

• 6/22/22 - T5 Patrons / $75
  • 6/29/22 - T4 Patrons / $25
  • 7/6/22 - T3 Patrons / $10
  • 7/10/22 - T2 Patrons/ $5
  • 7/13/22 - PUBLIC RELEASE / FREE
See you in a week for another price drop and Tier 3 Patron access!​

1656407625249.png

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
1000 Followers! Free Pinup Pack (Swimsuit Edition)

Holy hell. We just hit 1000 Followers. After barely a year on Itch, what a landmark! And it's thanks to all of you.

1656680892488.png

So I spent all night putting together a super sexy Swimsuit Edition Pinup Pack featuring the 5 most popular girls, a couple of the least popular, and a couple of my own personal favorite girls for a total of 10 girls and 20 High Resolution shots.

1656680907287.png

And, of course, there is a Patreon version. The Patreon version includes 9 bonus Topless shots. And I mean full topless. Never before have I done something like this, as I prefer for the players to experience this in-game before getting pinups of the girls. I don't usually show things that haven't been seen in-game before. So Patrons, get your version of the Pinup Pack with the bonus Topless shots here:

1656680922463.png

The rest of you, pick up your Pinup Pack attached to the original Itch post below and thank you so much for being part of this community!

- Vic

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Tier 3 Access/Drop to $10

Hello you gorgeous people, you.

Once again, a new Patreon tier has gained access to the game, which means this update's price has dropped to $10 USD! This is the point where things become much more accessible for everyone. And over time, the price will continue to drop until it is free to everyone! Here's the schedule:
  • Tier 2 Patrons/$5 on Itch: 7/10/22​
  • Free to all: 7/13/22​
1657164960027.png

For our Patrons, I've been toying with some things in StudioNEO, and I've discovered I can record full video clips of some of the dance animations that have been modded in. So I'm thinking of doing a couple of Video Pinup Packs (I dunno what else to call it lol) just for you!

1657164973358.png

These will, of course, feature my favorite Goblin girl, Saffryn. Because LOOK AT HER. JESUS.

Ehem. Anyways.

Enjoy the new content, and don't forget to get your free 1000 Followers Pinup Pack, attached to the Itch post!

-Vic

GraveXMachina

Jun 9, 2020
[RELEASE + Android] First Half of Chapter 6 + Schedule

Hello, all you crazy, amazing people!

View attachment 1884702

It's been a crazy ride. Y'all have been crazy patient and understanding. And for that, I thank you... with a new content update! Per your requests, I'm packing each chapter full with more content. For comparison... here was the scene list from Build 2, which was Chapter 5.

View attachment 1884703

And seeing as how "vidfinish" was just screens that go at the ends of the H-scenes, that's 21 scenes in Chapter 5. Seven days. Average of about 3 unique scenes per day.

Compare that to the current build, 2.5, which is only HALF of Chapter 6. It's the last part of Sunday, and the full Monday through Wednesday of the third week in the game:

View attachment 1884704

That's 16 scenes, and that's not counting the H-scenes I owe you. There were going to be 3 new H-scenes in this build, but I lost another very close family member, and couldn't bring myself to do horny work. I WILL fill those in, I promise. But we still have Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday to go, and I anticipate we may reach a total of 35 or even 40 unique scenes, nearly DOUBLE what Chapter 5 had. I'm listening.

Also by popular request, I have made some changes to the earlier story, which include new variables. You will want to replay the whole game in order to set these variables. I'll detail those changes in the changelog:

View attachment 1884706

CHANGELOG:
  • ~3250 Lines of Code (Story)​
  • Brand New Texting System with 8 New Conversations​
  • ~700 New Images​
  • Harpy Scene/Meeting is now Optional and Avoidable​
  • Disclaimer/Warning in the Beginning about Cecilia​
  • First ever official Android version, downloadable directly from Itch!​
The game is now available for Patrons of Tier 5 and higher! Over the next few weeks, it will become available to more Tiers, until it is eventually free to the public! The prices of the files here on Itch will slowly decrease until they hit zero in about a month.

SCHEDULE:
  • 6/22/22 (Today) - T5 Patrons / $75​
  • 6/29/22 - T4 Patrons / $25​
  • 7/6/22 - T3 Patrons / $10​
  • 7/10/22 - T2 Patrons/ $5​
  • 7/13/22 - PUBLIC RELEASE / FREE​
View attachment 1884708

Thank you all so much for your patience and support. I'll be taking a couple of weeks off of work to go visit family and be with friends, and after that, I'll be hard at work on Build 3, which will be the rest of Chapter 6. If you'd like to support this project, please head to the Patreon:

Enjoy!

-Vic​
Sorry...I couldn't resist.
Picsart_22-07-09_01-52-30-683.png

Also, the new green girl is an absolute snack.

4.50 star(s) 32 Votes