VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
The entire prologue is about how men are the root of all 'badness' across the multiverse and every other race agreed so much so that they made all of the cross dimension schools female only. Then you dumped the mc into Prison School. You can't get much more manhating than that start without adding in a thirst for baby blood.

I'll give it a bit more, I guess. But your prologue makes it sound like one of those games where guys get their penis chopped off by women for fun.
If that's the impression you're getting, then perhaps I went too heavy in the prologue. What I meant to get across is that The Few ruined it for The Many. I wanted to set up really heavy problems so that overcoming them felt that much better. The world starting off in such a state paves the way for the four story arcs I have planned:

Janitor Arc
The beginning arc where Aurum (MC) begins to change opinions on a small scale, going from a cynical mindset to one that actually cares about what he's doing. He starts out fairly miserable, just wanting to save up money and get the hell out of there. But then he starts making friends, getting attached to the girls (both human and nonhuman), and starts to see struggles that he has the power to help in. And a side effect of all of this is the girls starting to realize that he's really a sweet guy, and that men as a whole aren't just things to be avoided and afraid of.

Security Arc
The second arc in which Aurum is trusted to assist the security team with safety decisions about WJC, and actively protecting the students and fellow faculty members.

Counselor Arc
Aurum is allowed into WCA on recommendation because of his accomplishments and the impact he's had on several students at WJC and becomes a student counselor, helping students with their personal and cross-species related problems.

Ambassador Arc
Aurum earns the position of Ambassador in the Nexus Academy of WCA, and is allowed to travel to brand new worlds in an attempt to forge relationships with the species there and open new Academy branches.

If you got such a sour idea of the game from the prologue, I wonder how many others were turned off by it and ended up missing out on the game. I appreciate your feedback.

Last edited:

ssj782

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019
If you got such a sour idea of the game from the prologue, I wonder how many others were turned off by it and ended up missing out on the game. I appreciate your feedback.
Not a problem. As I said, I'll give it another shot. Though not until I wake up.
But the prologue really does feel too heavy. And you may be right that it turned others away if they saw it the same way I did.

On the other hand, I'm glad you're one of the devs that can take feedback well. I've seen some that outright cuss out entire forums on the site because they had the gall to disagree with the perfect masterpiece of the dev :p

Reactions: BanditoMarito
Nov 26, 2021
Can someone who's played this give me the backstory of Cecilia/harpy, exactly what happens, I can see it's been talked about a bit but can't figure out why people don't like her and if it's something fetish wise I don't like I'd like to avoid it

Leave it in a spoiler if possible please

Scotsman1989

Nov 10, 2018
Can someone who's played this give me the backstory of Cecilia/harpy, exactly what happens, I can see it's been talked about a bit but can't figure out why people don't like her and if it's something fetish wise I don't like I'd like to avoid it

Cecilia is the MC's yandere stalker, she is obsessed with the MC, and murderous towards any lass who gets close to him. VictorSeven plans to make a full choice for when she gets caught, have her locked up and forgotten, or redeem her into the future harem the MC will one day build.

The Harpy is, well a Harpy girl, a repatively low intelligence bird babe who grabs him and sucks the MC dick till he falls unconcious. VictorSeven plans to put in a choice that can make her avoidable to players who are not interested in her.

Nov 26, 2021
Cecilia is the MC's yandere stalker, she is obsessed with the MC, and murderous towards any lass who gets close to him. VictorSeven plans to make a full choice for when she gets caught, have her locked up and forgotten, or redeem her into the future harem the MC will one day build.

The Harpy is, well a Harpy girl, a repatively low intelligence bird babe who grabs him and sucks the MC dick till he falls unconcious. VictorSeven plans to put in a choice that can make her avoidable to players who are not interested in her.
Ok that's not to bad, thanks for the reply

Reactions: Scotsman1989

Wafflewaffuru

Feb 10, 2021
If that's the impression you're getting, then perhaps I went too heavy in the prologue. What I meant to get across is that The Few ruined it for The Many. I wanted to set up really heavy problems so that overcoming them felt that much better. The world starting off in such a state paves the way for the four story arcs I have planned:

Janitor Arc
The beginning arc where Aurum (MC) begins to change opinions on a small scale, going from a cynical mindset to one that actually cares about what he's doing. He starts out fairly miserable, just wanting to save up money and get the hell out of there. But then he starts making friends, getting attached to the girls (both human and nonhuman), and starts to see struggles that he has the power to help in. And a side effect of all of this is the girls starting to realize that he's really a sweet guy, and that men as a whole aren't just things to be avoided and afraid of.

Security Arc
The second arc in which Aurum is trusted to assist the security team with safety decisions about WJC, and actively protecting the students and fellow faculty members.

Counselor Arc
Aurum is allowed into WCA on recommendation because of his accomplishments and the impact he's had on several students at WJC and becomes a student counselor, helping students with their personal and cross-species related problems.

Ambassador Arc
Aurum earns the position of Ambassador in the Nexus Academy of WCA, and is allowed to travel to brand new worlds in an attempt to forge relationships with the species there and open new Academy branches.

Damn, I did not know you'd thought that far ahead but that's actually cool to see.

Reactions: VictorSeven

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019

Hey there! If you load up the newest version of the game, there are actually warnings in the beginning about Cecilia and right before the Harpy so you can choose to avoid seeing some scenes if you wish. There is an option to read spoilers about Cecilia and why she's important to the story, and there's a warning before the Harpy scene that allows you to avoid it if you need to. Both of these options give you the choice to read up on what you're about to get into before making the decision to view or skip the scene. In Cecilia's case, you get to read about parts of her backstory that are revealed later, and you get to see why she is the way she is rather than just having her forced on you and having a bad taste in your mouth.

1657799369580.png
1657799388845.png
1657799534864.png
And the harpy choice:
1657799723202.png

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Not a problem. As I said, I'll give it another shot. Though not until I wake up.
But the prologue really does feel too heavy. And you may be right that it turned others away if they saw it the same way I did.

On the other hand, I'm glad you're one of the devs that can take feedback well. I've seen some that outright cuss out entire forums on the site because they had the gall to disagree with the perfect masterpiece of the dev :p
I appreciate it! This is a very community-driven game, so feedback is super important to me. The community at large has shaped more of this project than you might imagine.

As far as taking feedback, it depends lol. If someone is shitting on my hard work just for the fun of shitting on someone, I'll absolutely swing back. But if you come at me with stuff that can actually HELP the game, well that's valuable to me. Nothing is perfect. Art is imperfection. And it will be a work in progress for a very, very long time. As such, ANYTHING that can help this game reach more people who might enjoy it is welcome. The goal is to improve the game and make it more enjoyable, not to stubbornly cling to some fantasy I have in mind. I'm making this game for YOU, not me. YOUR enjoyment is my priority. So if you think up something that would help you enjoy the game more, tell me! But if someone just wants to be a bully and shit on stuff I worked hard on for nothing more than the laugh? They can fuck right off. I don't have time for that.

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
The entire prologue is about how men are the root of all 'badness' across the multiverse and every other race agreed so much so that they made all of the cross dimension schools female only. Then you dumped the mc into Prison School. You can't get much more manhating than that start without adding in a thirst for baby blood.

I'll give it a bit more, I guess. But your prologue makes it sound like one of those games where guys get their penis chopped off by women for fun.
Obviously Vic knows the future plans, and what is intended, better than I do but I wanted to add a player/reader perspective.

I'm not really into the femdom/hater thing myself, just isn't my personal thing, but this does smooth out relatively early.
You may end up feeling differently, but my personal take is that it is well worth pushing through the rough patch and enjoying one hell of a story.

Nov 26, 2021
Hey there! If you load up the newest version of the game, there are actually warnings in the beginning about Cecilia and right before the Harpy so you can choose to avoid seeing some scenes if you wish. There is an option to read spoilers about Cecilia and why she's important to the story, and there's a warning before the Harpy scene that allows you to avoid it if you need to. Both of these options give you the choice to read up on what you're about to get into before making the decision to view or skip the scene. In Cecilia's case, you get to read about parts of her backstory that are revealed later, and you get to see why she is the way she is rather than just having her forced on you and having a bad taste in your mouth.

View attachment 1925004
View attachment 1925005
View attachment 1925007
And the harpy choice:
View attachment 1925011
Thanks for the response, I asked originally because I thought it might be something like a voyer scene of the Li's with other guys in sex scenes or something the way I was reading the comments and needing a warning but looks like that's not the case seems to be femdom oriented, I'll have a look tomorrow night

Thanks again for the response, and good luck with the VN

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Thanks for the response, I asked originally because I thought it might be something like a voyer scene of the Li's with other guys in sex scenes or something the way I was reading the comments and needing a warning but looks like that's not the case seems to be femdom oriented, I'll have a look tomorrow night

Thanks again for the response, and good luck with the VN
Oh, no my friend. NEVER NTR. Never. I don't want to doom my game lol

sergesan

Aug 3, 2018
why update without the h-scenes??? i dont get it...do you think the people will wait till you bring the scenes and replay again...i´m disapointed and out...the story before was cool but without any h-scenes is like a hot-dog without meat in it...you dont buy 1half and get there 3 months later and buy the rest....lets wait another year

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
why update without the h-scenes??? i dont get it...do you think the people will wait till you bring the scenes and replay again...i´m disapointed and out...the story before was cool but without any h-scenes is like a hot-dog without meat in it...you dont buy 1half and get there 3 months later and buy the rest....lets wait another year
To answer the question: Scroll back a few pages and you will find the full post.
The short version is that it is due to a major real-life issues the update wasn't fully ready, and Vic decided to release with placeholders rather than delaying. Those of us that are more interested in the story than the h-scenes appreciated that decision.

As for the rest: if you paid attention to the thread, or at least the dev posts, you would have known this was happening and wouldn't have been disappointed.
You didn't buy a hotdog without meat in it, you were given some free food & are complaining that you didn't get the five-course steak dinner.
Why do so many people feel the need to announce their departure? You do realize that unless you happen to be the dev, no one cares you're 'out'....right?

sk1122

Aug 13, 2020
Let me first state that I do enjoy this game a lot, the girls are cute and I look forward to more updates very much.
Better to say that first, before nitpicking and complains.

Yeah, the "all males are dirt" atmosphere did feel a bit too heavy-handed at the beginning.
Add Ms. Clements general attitude and the description of MC as a stalked (and ridiculed for it) cleaning peon to that and it gave a bit of a "WTF sort of MC am I reading/playing here?" impression at first, but IMO that got better quickly.

Vertigo, the dev from Crimson High, shared his texting system with me
Pretty awesome QOL news! The CH one works very smooth as I recall.
The texting now is not only slow, but it also reacted badly to trying any rollback and re-read the whole thing once the messaging is finally done.
It felt like any future interactions with River were in for an uphill struggle.
Besides, now we'll need a button to "review" pics.
And likely get pestered about sharing by a certain librarian too. Thx Jade!
Sidenote about another QOL thing: I love the cutely mysterious "communication attempts" by the mirrorgirl. As it is, it fits her atmosphere very well. But if she does stay stuck with talking that way for a while, maybe it would be possible to give her warnings a slight difference font or background-color from system messages or find a way to add her to chat history?

One matter I dislike a bit is that the story feels pretty kinetic so far.
Which was btw another thing that made phonetexting feel so bad for me. You had to click on an answer for the next slow-ass text blocks to creep up, and to add insult: Which one you gave there really did not matter at all.
The few "choices" we had seem mostly:
-meta to avoid kinks, sensitive stuff or certain girls (Harpy/Rukah)
-switch first two days of your schedule around
-get yandered or not
Not sure if outside of the counselor/admin/sec path choice there can be a lot of major change in that soon, since the Dev mentioned having a lot of the next story-arcs mentally laid out. And in the end, where to take the story is always the writers decision.
But even having our made flavor choices (Serafina's size and stack question comes to mind) matter later, and for more than only the next two textblocks would IMO go a long way in feeling some "agency".

Also, this might sound odd since other people complained about compression & file sizes before: When I replayed from the start yesterday, I felt like I sort of missed some of the older popularity contest scenes, even if those were not exactly "weekly"
Could we perhaps get those back, maybe as an optional download at some point?

snapturtle34

Jun 24, 2017

Janitor Arc

Security Arc

Counselor Arc

Ambassador Arc

Played it yesterday, And overall i really like it. Maybe i should give it another playyhrough to actually find something to criticise. But for now i think its good.

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Well, because these poor folks have been waiting since November for a content update, and during that time my grandmother who raised me, my father, my uncle, and my cousin all died, and the last one was a suicide on June 12th. So yeah, I wasn't in the mood to make H-scenes, but the community deserved an update. And yes, the rest of my community is very human about it and told me explicitly that they'd love to play the update even if there were no H-scenes. So yes, I DO think that, because that's what the majority of the community told me. If H-scenes are all you care about, this game isn't for you. The suicide is barely a month old and you wanna come at me crazy for not giving you FREE fap material, and I don't see your name anywhere on my Patreon? Fuck off. I don't need you. Find another community.

Ehem.

Let me first state that I do enjoy this game a lot, the girls are cute and I look forward to more updates very much.
Better to say that first, before nitpicking and complains.

Yeah, the "all males are dirt" atmosphere did feel a bit too heavy-handed at the beginning.
Add Ms. Clements general attitude and the description of MC as a stalked (and ridiculed for it) cleaning peon to that and it gave a bit of a "WTF sort of MC am I reading/playing here?" impression at first, but IMO that got better quickly.

Pretty awesome QOL news! The CH one works very smooth as I recall.
The texting now is not only slow, but it also reacted badly to trying any rollback and re-read the whole thing once the messaging is finally done.
It felt like any future interactions with River were in for an uphill struggle.
Besides, now we'll need a button to "review" pics.
And likely get pestered about sharing by a certain librarian too. Thx Jade!
Sidenote about another QOL thing: I love the cutely mysterious "communication attempts" by the mirrorgirl. As it is, it fits her atmosphere very well. But if she does stay stuck with talking that way for a while, maybe it would be possible to give her warnings a slight difference font or background-color from system messages or find a way to add her to chat history?

One matter I dislike a bit is that the story feels pretty kinetic so far.
Which was btw another thing that made phonetexting feel so bad for me. You had to click on an answer for the next slow-ass text blocks to creep up, and to add insult: Which one you gave there really did not matter at all.
The few "choices" we had seem mostly:
-meta to avoid kinks, sensitive stuff or certain girls (Harpy/Rukah)
-switch first two days of your schedule around
-get yandered or not
Not sure if outside of the counselor/admin/sec path choice there can be a lot of major change in that soon, since the Dev mentioned having a lot of the next story-arcs mentally laid out. And in the end, where to take the story is always the writers decision.
But even having our made flavor choices (Serafina's size and stack question comes to mind) matter later, and for more than only the next two textblocks would IMO go a long way in feeling some "agency".

Also, this might sound odd since other people complained about compression & file sizes before: When I replayed from the start yesterday, I felt like I sort of missed some of the older popularity contest scenes, even if those were not exactly "weekly"
Could we perhaps get those back, maybe as an optional download at some point?
This is a FANTASTIC block of feedback! Allow me to respond point by point.

• Regarding how the game starts, I'm getting this feedback more and more. I might have to revisit the intro chapters and smooth it out a bit.
  • As far as River goes, I wonder why you felt the interactions were in for an uphill struggle. It got much easier after she got your number and started texting you. I like giving the girls a varying degree of difficulty when it comes to earning their trust, and River is one of the more standoffish ones.
  • I'll have to talk to someone about storing the pics the player is sent in an album on a phone system or something. Perhaps Vertigo's system has that functionality.
  • As far as the texting system... yes, it's been lamented by nearly every person, and I have provided a patch that speeds the texting up. I am not a coder lol I had someone else build that for me. My aim was to provide a way for the player to get more interaction with the girls without me having to shoot whole ass scenes to do it, so the game would FEEL like there's more content.
  • The story IS very kinetic, as I'm an author and that's how I'm used to writing. I don't have a lot of experience with choices and branching paths, and I get a little overwhelmed trying to organize a lot of possibilities and having to write for each of them. Plus, I designed the game so that players wouldn't be missing any content they didn't want to miss, so that way they didn't have to replay the game over and over just to see all the girls. Most of the community is more concerned about missing content on their playthroughs than the apparent lack of meaningful choices so far. As I said, I'm an author, not a coder. I had to teach myself Ren'py from scratch when my coder and my PR guy both jumped ship near the beginning of the project. That being said there will be some CRITICAL choices to make that absolutely HAVE to have branching paths, and one of them will be coming up soon. This will be good practice for me, as I'll have to figure out how to organize each path and remember to call the variables and write for each outcome in all future updates. Once I learn how to do it, and do it well, there will be more of it.
  • As for the Popularity Weekly, those should be happening every Sunday. There have only been two of them so far, at the end of each week. If they're not playing for you, then I need to take a look at the code and see why not. But I thought I remembered them playing just fine for me. I'm not sure why you'd want an optional download when it's already in the game, unless for some reason those scenes aren't playing for you? I'm confused. I think I'm misinterpreting something, so feel free to straighten me out.
Thank you again for all of the feedback. People like you really help shape this game into something better.

I am Gone

Jun 10, 2020
Well, because these poor folks have been waiting since November for a content update, and during that time my grandmother who raised me, my father, my uncle, and my cousin all died, and the last one was a suicide on June 12th. So yeah, I wasn't in the mood to make H-scenes, but the community deserved an update. And yes, the rest of my community is very human about it and told me explicitly that they'd love to play the update even if there were no H-scenes. So yes, I DO think that, because that's what the majority of the community told me. If H-scenes are all you care about, this game isn't for you. The suicide is barely a month old and you wanna come at me crazy for not giving you FREE fap material, and I don't see your name anywhere on my Patreon? Fuck off. I don't need you. Find another community.

Ehem.
Best to tune them out. Like you said your fans were alright with it (including me) You're going through some heavy shit right now forget about the negative nancies. Take some time for yourself bro.

nzn

Aug 9, 2019
be advised this post is not eggshell walking.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

on unrelated note: my condolences for your loss (i know how hard it can be) and glad you seem beter

sk1122

Aug 13, 2020
As far as River goes, I wonder why you felt the interactions were in for an uphill struggle
Depending on how long River is going to prefer phonetexts to normal talking, the old texts system would have really been poison for the interaction. I expect no troubles with that when the texting system is improved.
There have only been two of them so far, at the end of each week
Welp, I may simply be getting on in age and misremember which game/green short-stack qt had what scenes then.
I was so damn sure that I remember some guntoting wildwest-dressed goblin dance animation, and that one at least didn't play. Sorry in case that is just my mental mix-up, I blame too much VN consumption.

I don't have a lot of experience with choices and branching paths, and I get a little overwhelmed trying to organize a lot of possibilities and having to write for each of them.
Guess the only "solutions" to not getting overwhelmed with that are keeping a spreadsheet with prior decisions, use of emergency fallbacks and developing good variable-naming habits.

Besides, keeping it kinetic does not have to be anything bad.
IMO just work as you feel comfortable, but also do not worry too much about simply giving smaller branching a bit of a shot.

4.50 star(s) 32 Votes