VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
i've never seen SFW MODE in any visual novel before what's it for
SFW Mode would skip all the H-scenes and censor the nudity so people could play it on YouTube and Twitch for the story, without the danger of getting banned. This would help the game get a lot more exposure, as whoever was watching those videos/streams might then want to download it and play it themselves to see the naughty bits that got skipped.

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
I just started the game up and will be playing it tonight. I've decided to start the game from the beginning to refresh myself on all the characters and events. So, everything said after this should still be taken with that in mind, I haven't played the latest batch of content.

Don't be sorry for any of this. This is fantastic perspective, and I enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing. The D&D analogy is interesting, and I think that's perhaps where my experience differs. I've been a professional DM at a social lounge, and the two large campaigns that I've run (the first of which lasting 3 years and the second of which lasting 10 months), I have both seen through from start to finish. The one campaign I've played in, which lasted a few months, was seen through from start to finish. And I'll be starting yet another campaign on Monday on my Twitch channel. So I have been extremely fortunate when it comes to tabletop roleplaying and thus I suppose I've settled into the complacent habit of saving my moments for the right time.
When I first started being a DM back in the late nineties it was like that. I had solid groups that would finish out campaigns regularly. For about the past fifteen years of so I've run the TTRPG club on the campuses I work at and I'm lucky if a group stays together for more than three months. A group will form of college students, they'll be good for a couple months then finals will come, summer or winter break, they'll get new jobs, excreta, and then the group will splinter. A month or two later a new group will form and go through the cycle too. I've gotten really good at having ever couple of sessions have a punchy event that could serve as at least a satisfying, if not full, campaign ender if needed because I never know if it might be the last one for that group of players. It's a lesson I'm carrying over into the AVN scripts I've been working on while I'm trying to find/learn a good tool for making the visuals.

You're right when you say that the player doesn't know the version of Chiara that I know. They don't know the scenes I have in my head, the story developments, the push and pull I have set up. But you make a great point about Aoibheann already doing what Chiara is doing, only better and fulfilling two functions.
Just as an aside, Aoibheann is probably my favorite character. :sneaky:

Also, I hope you know I don't hate Chiara or anything. I think she is a good character for what she is. I just think she is an odd type of character to have in the AVN format of storytelling, and some of the events around her could be tweaked is all.

Also one of the huge design flaws I made in the game was not making all of the girls' stories Optional Sidequests. I should have had Aurum meet them and become friends with them in the main story, and had the main story feature 0 sexual content. I should have built a quest file for each girl and allowed the player to choose with whom they would spend their time each evening, and I think that would have been a far, FAR smoother game experience for a lot of people. Hooking Eshtel up with Chiara or choosing to go after her would have been a choice rather than a written-in-stone event. Being much more experienced with coding in Ren'py now that I am, even though I'm still woefully amateur compared to most, I now know how I would organize and code the optional sidequests and time spent with each girl.

As it is, I could rework the game to work in that fashion without disrupting TOO much of the story. But again, that takes time and would require yet another restart. It's something I am very heavily considering. It would make for a much better "game" experience while still allowing me to tell my main story. Would love some thoughts on this. Perhaps after I finish the Janitor Arc, hm?
Some people get upset when developers do reworks, but I'm not one of them. I've been a writer for almost 30 years, a large chuck of it I was actually teaching it. Until it's done (and sometimes even after) reworking is part of the process of any story. The issue is people (sometime even developers) on this site and elsewhere thinking of this as a completed work being released in parts as opposed to a demo or first draft that could be reworked if needed. It always bugs me more when a developer notices a problem and then doesn't fix it. As long as the developer is upfront about what they are doing I think anything is okay. Most fans will stick around and wait a little longer for a better game and story and then that better game and story will bring in more fans later because it is, well, better. :LOL:

I think that you have a leg up on a lot of other developers on the site in that, while you are an amateur game developer, you are not an amateur storyteller. You know the value of feedback, even if it is harsh, and even if it is unreasonable in fact. You're able to take a step back and sort out the good criticism from the bad, find the pearls in the pile so to speak. Some developers take any criticism personally thinking, "This person didn't like this character I made, or plot point in my story? How dare they!" As if it is an attack on them and their value as a person. A good storyteller can step back and look at it more objectively and say, "Could I have done that better? Why didn't they like this?" And that helps them improve the whole of their craft.

I'll never forget one of my books while it was being worked on, my editor came to me and asked when I would finally kill off one of the characters. I was shocked when he asked because that character was one of my favorites, I had a whole redemption arc plotted out on my notes board. I took the time and re-read the earlier chapters and realized that I had made him too unlikeable. Noone would give him a chance at redemption because I had made him too unlikable before he had his turn. I had to rework all the earlier stuff because I still wanted the redemption arc because the story resolved around the push and pull or revenge vs. redemption and this anti-hero secondary character was a key part of the main hero realizing that some people can change and be saved, some can't, and wisdom was in noticing the difference. Noticing people's nature and actually intent is a lesson I had to learn myself the hard way as my former publisher has been sitting on my book for over a decade, hence why now I'll only self-publish.

Bit of a rant there, I swear I don't do it on purpose. :ROFLMAO:

Either that or I will keep this in mind when the full version of Summer Sacrifice (Summer Heat/Summer In Heat) comes out and the BetterRepack adds a Studio program, because I am ABSOLUTELY making a VN with that game as a base if it's possible.
I don't think I'm familiar with that program. I'll look into it; I've been struggling to find a good visual to use for my AVN ideas.

I'll let you know that I'm ok with giving up on Eshtel, it didn't even occur to me that someone can be jealous of a girl in a game where almost every female is your bitch or is on a way to became one. Especially since it is heavily hinted that both Eshtel and Chiara are willing to share. But then again she didn't interest me that much from the get go, being elf, one of the most boring archetypes imo. May be if i'd really like that from the start i'd be bitter about this development, who knows.
This reminds me of a Stan Lee quote, I think from all the way back in the 80's. Basically it says, "Hawkeye is someone favorite character." It was kind of a mantra he had for whenever someone would ask questions like, "Who wins between X and Y hero," or when they had two hero characters square off against each other for an arch in a comic. Every hero is someone's favorite and it was, in Stan Lee's mind, wrong to lift up one hero at the expense of another, to disrespect one hero just so another can shine, to denigrate those fan's favorite just because they were a smaller group. That's what villains are for, to challenge and eventually lose to the heroes, heroes shouldn't lose to each other. Everyone knows that Thor would crush Hawkeye or BlackWidow in a fight, so if they had to fight, he had a rule that they had to get interrupted and work together before a winner was decided. The first Avengers movie handled these types of moments perfectly. It's a lesson a lot of the people making the new stuff should take to heart.

That's one of the reasons I brought up Nook in my example. She's one of the biggest fan favorites around, so it would be silly to even think about unilaterally pairing her off with someone else besides the MC. Some people may say, "Well, I don't care because Eshtel is kind of meh, and look at all the other girls you have access too," but the problem there is that you (hypothetical *you* not you specifically) see her as meh, but someone else she's her as the best girl and all the others as meh meaning now they have no one they are interested in perusing. So, while it may only be a few people, or a lot of people, she is someone's favorite. This is why a developer needs to remember that every girl you introduce could become someone's favorite, the only girl they are interested in, and so if she isn't a possible love interest then why create her so fully at all? A faceless shadow girl (like the red or blue background figures some games use), a girl who exists only in text form as someone talked about, or a girl designed from the ground up to look unappealing (Grandma's House and Eternum do this, though this can be subjective so it might still end up as an issue) could serve such a role better.

I mostly agree, altho i have to say Eshtel grew on me pretty early on, being really helpful, hardworking and decisive, starting with her saving Gillie.
The relationship between her and Chiara i can see fitting into this game, mostly due to MC with his incredibly understanding and tolerant attitude.
Altho i am still unsure if there isn't another development for their relationship coming somewhere along the way. Will we see them being both okay with occasional sharing? threesomes? Might their relationship even have a troublesome period, where we will have to influence them one way or another?
I actually didn't get the sense, in the story as it was at the time, that Chiara had much interest in the MC herself or sharing her girlfriend if she got one. Knowing the common trope in AVNs of course it stands to reason that if you hook them up there might eventually be a chance to get some play time with them, but that never appeals to me. I'm not a fan of the "every girl is secretly bisexual" trope, but I can deal with it as long as both bisexual girls actually care about and love the MC equally to each other. Even less so am I a fan of the MC being a third wheel in other people's committed lesbian relationships. Being a dildo with a pulse to a pair of lesbians doesn't appeal to me when I can have a real relationship and interaction with another girl, pair of girls, or more who actually care about and are committed to me.

I did suggest one way it could play out as well; that Chiara and Eshtel learns that outside of Chiara's physical attraction to her they don't have much in common and probably wouldn't work out. It could be used as the first chance for Chiara to show herself as a friend wingman for the MC. Her thoughts could go like this, "It won't work out between me and her, but I know that Aurum and Eshtel were into each other. I probably shouldn't have made him help me try and hook up with her, that was kind of a jerk thing to do to a guy who hadn't been anything but nice to me... maybe I can make it up to him by helping them find each other?" That could be the start of their buddy-cop comedy duo. Later on, maybe she comes to him for advice about some faceless girl that she's talking to, and he could still help her get a relationship with someone else that we never see. Or she develops a budding bisexuality and hooks up with the MC and then her and one of the other girls in the harem can have a good time together from time to time with the MC's approval and interaction.

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
I just started the game up and will be playing it tonight. I've decided to start the game from the beginning to refresh myself on all the characters and events. So, everything said after this should still be taken with that in mind, I haven't played the latest batch of content.

When I first started being a DM back in the late nineties it was like that. I had solid groups that would finish out campaigns regularly. For about the past fifteen years of so I've run the TTRPG club on the campuses I work at and I'm lucky if a group stays together for more than three months. A group will form of college students, they'll be good for a couple months then finals will come, summer or winter break, they'll get new jobs, excreta, and then the group will splinter. A month or two later a new group will form and go through the cycle too. I've gotten really good at having ever couple of sessions have a punchy event that could serve as at least a satisfying, if not full, campaign ender if needed because I never know if it might be the last one for that group of players. It's a lesson I'm carrying over into the AVN scripts I've been working on while I'm trying to find/learn a good tool for making the visuals.

Just as an aside, Aoibheann is probably my favorite character. :sneaky:

Also, I hope you know I don't hate Chiara or anything. I think she is a good character for what she is. I just think she is an odd type of character to have in the AVN format of storytelling, and some of the events around her could be tweaked is all.

Some people get upset when developers do reworks, but I'm not one of them. I've been a writer for almost 30 years, a large chuck of it I was actually teaching it. Until it's done (and sometimes even after) reworking is part of the process of any story. The issue is people (sometime even developers) on this site and elsewhere thinking of this as a completed work being released in parts as opposed to a demo or first draft that could be reworked if needed. It always bugs me more when a developer notices a problem and then doesn't fix it. As long as the developer is upfront about what they are doing I think anything is okay. Most fans will stick around and wait a little longer for a better game and story and then that better game and story will bring in more fans later because it is, well, better. :LOL:

I think that you have a leg up on a lot of other developers on the site in that, while you are an amateur game developer, you are not an amateur storyteller. You know the value of feedback, even if it is harsh, and even if it is unreasonable in fact. You're able to take a step back and sort out the good criticism from the bad, find the pearls in the pile so to speak. Some developers take any criticism personally thinking, "This person didn't like this character I made, or plot point in my story? How dare they!" As if it is an attack on them and their value as a person. A good storyteller can step back and look at it more objectively and say, "Could I have done that better? Why didn't they like this?" And that helps them improve the whole of their craft.

I'll never forget one of my books while it was being worked on, my editor came to me and asked when I would finally kill off one of the characters. I was shocked when he asked because that character was one of my favorites, I had a whole redemption arc plotted out on my notes board. I took the time and re-read the earlier chapters and realized that I had made him too unlikeable. Noone would give him a chance at redemption because I had made him too unlikable before he had his turn. I had to rework all the earlier stuff because I still wanted the redemption arc because the story resolved around the push and pull or revenge vs. redemption and this anti-hero secondary character was a key part of the main hero realizing that some people can change and be saved, some can't, and wisdom was in noticing the difference. Noticing people's nature and actually intent is a lesson I had to learn myself the hard way as my former publisher has been sitting on my book for over a decade, hence why now I'll only self-publish.

Bit of a rant there, I swear I don't do it on purpose. :ROFLMAO:

I don't think I'm familiar with that program. I'll look into it; I've been struggling to find a good visual to use for my AVN ideas.

This reminds me of a Stan Lee quote, I think from all the way back in the 80's. Basically it says, "Hawkeye is someone favorite character." It was kind of a mantra he had for whenever someone would ask questions like, "Who wins between X and Y hero," or when they had two hero characters square off against each other for an arch in a comic. Every hero is someone's favorite and it was, in Stan Lee's mind, wrong to lift up one hero at the expense of another, to disrespect one hero just so another can shine, to denigrate those fan's favorite just because they were a smaller group. That's what villains are for, to challenge and eventually lose to the heroes, heroes shouldn't lose to each other. Everyone knows that Thor would crush Hawkeye or BlackWidow in a fight, so if they had to fight, he had a rule that they had to get interrupted and work together before a winner was decided. The first Avengers movie handled these types of moments perfectly. It's a lesson a lot of the people making the new stuff should take to heart.

That's one of the reasons I brought up Nook in my example. She's one of the biggest fan favorites around, so it would be silly to even think about unilaterally pairing her off with someone else besides the MC. Some people may say, "Well, I don't care because Eshtel is kind of meh, and look at all the other girls you have access too," but the problem there is that you (hypothetical *you* not you specifically) see her as meh, but someone else she's her as the best girl and all the others as meh meaning now they have no one they are interested in perusing. So, while it may only be a few people, or a lot of people, she is someone's favorite. This is why a developer needs to remember that every girl you introduce could become someone's favorite, the only girl they are interested in, and so if she isn't a possible love interest then why create her so fully at all? A faceless shadow girl (like the red or blue background figures some games use), a girl who exists only in text form as someone talked about, or a girl designed from the ground up to look unappealing (Grandma's House and Eternum do this, though this can be subjective so it might still end up as an issue) could serve such a role better.

I actually didn't get the sense, in the story as it was at the time, that Chiara had much interest in the MC herself or sharing her girlfriend if she got one. Knowing the common trope in AVNs of course it stands to reason that if you hook them up there might eventually be a chance to get some play time with them, but that never appeals to me. I'm not a fan of the "every girl is secretly bisexual" trope, but I can deal with it as long as both bisexual girls actually care about and love the MC equally to each other. Even less so am I a fan of the MC being a third wheel in other people's committed lesbian relationships. Being a dildo with a pulse to a pair of lesbians doesn't appeal to me when I can have a real relationship and interaction with another girl, pair of girls, or more who actually care about and are committed to me.

I did suggest one way it could play out as well; that Chiara and Eshtel learns that outside of Chiara's physical attraction to her they don't have much in common and probably wouldn't work out. It could be used as the first chance for Chiara to show herself as a friend wingman for the MC. Her thoughts could go like this, "It won't work out between me and her, but I know that Aurum and Eshtel were into each other. I probably shouldn't have made him help me try and hook up with her, that was kind of a jerk thing to do to a guy who hadn't been anything but nice to me... maybe I can make it up to him by helping them find each other?" That could be the start of their buddy-cop comedy duo. Later on, maybe she comes to him for advice about some faceless girl that she's talking to, and he could still help her get a relationship with someone else that we never see. Or she develops a budding bisexuality and hooks up with the MC and then her and one of the other girls in the harem can have a good time together from time to time with the MC's approval and interaction.
Good shit, good shit. I appreciate all the time you've taken to outline your thoughts here.

I will say that I have gotten a LOT of positive feedback on Chiara herself, and a lot of requests not to do the typical "try to convert her" schtick that most games with lesbian characters try to do. What I've done with basically earning her friendship and respecting her tastes (as far as not doggedly pursuing her like, say, Jack would) is apparently a rare occurrence? And a lot of people don't want to ruin that. I'm inclined to agree. The Hawkeye example really rings true here for Eshtel, and in the end, this is a visual novel, a very kinetic novel, not a dating sim or a sandbox game, and I think I may have to just accept that I made a mistake and take the lesson my next game. I've been stewing on it, and though a redesign could be cool, it would kind of deny where the game came from and I think that would do my journey as a game dev an injustice. The other solution is what you proposed, which I did already land on as the best way to handle things. I worry that it would feel cheap to take Eshtel off the menu and then put her back on it, but as you say, her excitement and the way she looks at Aurum are undeniable. Chiara isn't stupid. Nor is she spiteful once those walls are down. I have one more event coming up in probably the next content update where Aurum is going to have to do her a gargantuan favor. No one else is going to be able to support her in the way she needs, and it will be the opportunity to lock in their friendship. It'll open the door to some pretty friendly and bordering intimate moments, but there's a line that won't be crossed and a mutual respect will be maintained. THAT should pave the way for the solution you and I have in mind, and perhaps even motivate Chiara to want to attend WCA herself in search of another world to live on.

This is dangerously bordering on spoilers and I have to get ready for work, but I want you to know I appreciate all of the time and effort you're putting into helping coach one indie dev on some game site unknown to the majority of the world lol.

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
Good shit, good shit. I appreciate all the time you've taken to outline your thoughts here.

I will say that I have gotten a LOT of positive feedback on Chiara herself, and a lot of requests not to do the typical "try to convert her" schtick that most games with lesbian characters try to do. What I've done with basically earning her friendship and respecting her tastes (as far as not doggedly pursuing her like, say, Jack would) is apparently a rare occurrence? And a lot of people don't want to ruin that. I'm inclined to agree. The Hawkeye example really rings true here for Eshtel, and in the end, this is a visual novel, a very kinetic novel, not a dating sim or a sandbox game, and I think I may have to just accept that I made a mistake and take the lesson my next game. I've been stewing on it, and though a redesign could be cool, it would kind of deny where the game came from and I think that would do my journey as a game dev an injustice. The other solution is what you proposed, which I did already land on as the best way to handle things. I worry that it would feel cheap to take Eshtel off the menu and then put her back on it, but as you say, her excitement and the way she looks at Aurum are undeniable. Chiara isn't stupid. Nor is she spiteful once those walls are down. I have one more event coming up in probably the next content update where Aurum is going to have to do her a gargantuan favor. No one else is going to be able to support her in the way she needs, and it will be the opportunity to lock in their friendship. It'll open the door to some pretty friendly and bordering intimate moments, but there's a line that won't be crossed and a mutual respect will be maintained. THAT should pave the way for the solution you and I have in mind, and perhaps even motivate Chiara to want to attend WCA herself in search of another world to live on.

This is dangerously bordering on spoilers and I have to get ready for work, but I want you to know I appreciate all of the time and effort you're putting into helping coach one indie dev on some game site unknown to the majority of the world lol.
I've never minded spoilers so, please, spoil away, :sneaky: Just kidding of course, I know most people hate them, :ROFLMAO:

I don't think it'll feel cheap. Obviously, I can only speak for myself, but I would see it more as evidence of his willingness to put others first as you said. After all there is no guaranty that he and Eshtel would have got on either, so he was willing to step aside for a friend. Very mature of him, but then he gets his chance with her anyway. In a way it almost rewards him for not doing what most AVNs reward. His restraint gets the girl, where being pushy may have made him lose out, after all if he had gone after her before to win her himself, he might have bungled the whole thing. Now, he gets a friend and a girl because he didn't go after her immediately but was willing to put aside his own wants for others. It still has the same payoff as many other AVNs, he gets the pretty girl, but he gets there in a different way. I don't think that's cheap at all. It's a lot about perspective.

Let me stop myself this time before I write a whole other essay for no reason, :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Simulacrum29

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
In the beta version of this game, Eshtel was VERY unpopular. Which surprised me. It surprised me a lot. So I was like, "okay, screw it, no one wants her? Side story."

I'm beginning to see, about a year and a half later, that this may have been a mistake lol. The complaints about this only started surfacing recently as her popularity began eclipsing other unpopular characters, such as Ms. Clements and Kanako. I've kind of put Eshtel back onto my brainstorm board, and I've thought up a couple of things that would give the MC access to her again.

Now, fair warning, there is another character coming up that the MC will not have access to in a side story that was started by one of our T5 Patrons. But she has a sister. lol. In regards to not caring about anyone else's love life... well, this is a different kind of game. I know most MCs are total dicks who want to bang everyone and hoard all the attention to themselves, but I find that doesn't make for a good story, especially with how I've written Aurum. He's gonna have friends, and he's gonna make decisions for their benefit, sometimes at the cost of his own opportunities. A lot of people adore Chiara x Eshtel and Aurum helping that become a thing. The positive feedback far outweighs the negative. But I realize what I did was take the only Wind Elf in the game and gate her off, which... wasn't smart, I'll admit. I hear it enough to warrant considering potential solutions.

As for why you'd help someone who's been nothing but a rude ass to you? Well, in this game, you're playing a MC who is smart enough to know there's something behind that mask. And having a lesbian friend as a wingman has huge benefits. Women tend to trust women, especially women who aren't into men, so if you have someone like THAT vouching for you, it's almost guaranteed you're gonna get a chance to interact with whomever they're talking you up to. Not everyone understands the MC's brand of emotional intelligence, but he can tell that Chiara's attitude is more of a shield wall she puts up because she's anticipating everyone treating her like Jack would treat her. Once you start doing nice things for her and breaking down that shield wall, the real Chiara comes out, and she ends up actually being kind of cool. Plus she knows a lot of shit about a lot of the girls that they'd never tell you. Especially Gillie, who she's spent a lot of time with.

Chiara's role for those near the library is similar to Aoibheann's role for the those in the dormitory: information and access. Befriending them has more benefits than just getting your dick wet which, while it's part of this game and a part I take very seriously, is not ALL the game is about.

But anyways, I've heard your feedback and I thank you for giving it. I'm gonna muse on what I might do with Eshtel.
It doesn't bother me that Chiara and Eshtel start a relationship as long as I can prevent the MC from starting a romantic or sexual relationship with them. For me, it's enough if we can avoid it, and therefore all scenes that include some lesbian sex.

Reactions: battali0n

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Unskippable SSLLLLLLOOOOOOOWWWW text messages are perfect for torturing people in the lowest pits of hell.
1658067829003.png
1658067980737.png

Helps to pay attention on the Downloads screen, bud.

Also, I've fully implemented a replacement text system courtesy of Vertigo, the dev of Crimson High. All I have left to do is translate all the text conversations over to the new system format and polish the presentation up a little bit. And you impatient little fuckers will be able to clickclickclick past the texts to your hearts' content lol

Seriously, though, all the feedback has been super helpful. This next update, 0.1.5.6, will include the NEW AND IMPROVED text system with all of the features that you've requested (rollback, click-through, conversation history, etc) PLUS the three H-scenes that I have placeholders for currently.

There will ALSO be rewritten and additional dialogue in Chapter 4 and Chapter 6 regarding both the Harpy and the Marbog situation to better explain things/make them feel like they're not being swept under the rug. The H-scenes are what will take the longest. But I'm hoping to have it all done ASAP.

Thanks for your patience, and your dedication to improving the game.

GraveXMachina

Jun 9, 2020
[PUBLIC RELEASE] 0.1.5.5 adds 1st Half of Chapter 6 and OFFICIAL ANDROID VERSION!

Here it is. The day we all have been waiting for. A public release!

View attachment 1923087

It's been a long time coming, and I've gotten some VERY positive feedback from our supporters on Patreon regarding this update. It IS rather short, and there are no new H-scenes yet, but I will be filling them in at a later date. There's a lot to unpack here, so let's get started.​

View attachment 1923091

IN THIS BUILD:

• Finish up Sunday (following Cliffhanger) + 3 in-game days of content
  • ~3250 Lines of Code (Story)
  • Brand New Texting System with 8 New Conversations
  • ~700 New Images
  • Harpy Scene/Meeting is now Optional and Avoidable
  • Disclaimer/Warning in the Beginning about Cecilia
  • First ever official Android version, downloadable directly from Itch!
As I said in a previous post, I've been listening to your feedback, and I've been packing the days with more and more content. For context, the most recent public build had a total of 21 scenes over 7 days for an average of 3 unique scenes per day. This new build has 16 scenes over 3 days, and that's not even counting the 3 H-scenes I owe you in this build. That brings the total count of planned scenes to 19, and we still have 4 days left to plan and write. The amount of unique content is being doubled, so I hope there's enough in this update to keep you going :)

View attachment 1923093

The last build will finish up our first story arc, the Janitor Arc. I've been working fervently on that even while Patrons were playing this build. The story importance is ramping up, and there are a lot of characters you're gonna find out more and more about. At the same time, this new build creates a lot of questions, but don't worry, I have answers ready in the coming days.​

View attachment 1923094

But all in all, I just want to say... thank you for your support and passion. The next update will be along a bit quicker. I'll post progress reports as I complete tasks for each coming day. I hope you enjoy the content, and don't forget to visit the Patreon and Discord! I'm looking forward to your feedback!

-Vic​
I see someone in that first pic apparently not wearing a bra....nice.

And I for one accept being dominated by harpy girl.
Hell, more ladies can dominate me.

Also...hope for some feet stuff.

Ryuji

Jul 18, 2017
I loved the game but, do you have any means to make the cellphone messages go faster because it's really annoying having to wait for them. I always got really annoyed when I cannot control how fast I can read.

Alex5280

Sep 3, 2020
I loved the game but, do you have any means to make the cellphone messages go faster because it's really annoying having to wait for them. I always got really annoyed when I cannot control how fast I can read.
There's a link in the OP called Texting Speed Fix. Haven't tried it yet, but should fix the problem.

Really enjoying the story so far.

Ryuji

Jul 18, 2017
There's a link in the OP called Texting Speed Fix. Haven't tried it yet, but should fix the problem.

Really enjoying the story so far.
I am really liking the story too, and I saw it as "Text speed Fix" (did not pay attention), I just trough it was something about the game text, thanks.

Reactions: Alex5280

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
Updated Android port. Nothing too fancy but let me know if you have any issues.

Version: 0.1.5.5
Size 525 MB

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

(if it gives you a .zip, just rename it as .apk)

Appreciate my porting? Leave a Tip! You're supporting my efforts, paying for storage, and encouraging more ports!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Updated my Android port.

Ren65

Jun 25, 2019
I went through this story for the first time today and really love it! I enjoyed the progression of the MC's character development. About the only thing that I didn't like was to be kept hanging on what happened to
. But that is a minor thing in reality. I am really looking forward to the next release!

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Ch. 6 Rework Progress Report

Hey there!

Been about half a week since the public got ahold of 0.1.5.5 and man, y'all HATE that texting system. So I replaced it. With the help of Vertigo from Crimson High (check out his game here: ), the new text system looks, feels, and sounds(yes, sounds) much better! It has click-through, rollback, mid-save capability, and best of all, I can still have the girls send you nudes.

1658158036199.png

I've taken a few days to completely revamp the text system and translate all text conversations over to this new NVL based system. There ARE some slight graphical glitches when you put the phone away, but they're minimal and shouldn't present too much of a problem.

In other news, the three missing H-scenes are underway.

1658158052712.png

H-scenes are perhaps the longest and most tedious things to do in an AVN, especially with all the care and detail I put into mine. No 1-position, 3-speeds and then release scenes in WCA, no sir. I give you time to savor them. And the scenes in this build... I aim for them to set a new standard.

The newest build will also feature some rewritten and conditional dialogue in Chapter 4 and Chapter 6, some depending on whether or not you've met the Harpy Girl, and some that better explains how odd the Marbog are behaving and why there is NOT an Extinction Event level threat happening right now.

Lastly, I'm several scenes deep into the writing of the next content update, the next half of Chapter 6. Planning is already complete, but I find I've been adding things here and there. The more ideas I get, the more content you get, and the best part is, you won't have to wait nearly as long as you did for the last content update.

1658158075575.png

Thanks for your patience! This next patch should HOPEFULLY be out before my birthday, July 30th!

- Vic

ssj782

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019
VictorSeven
Sorry it took so long. But I had to leave home for the whole weekend for work and just got back.

Anyways. I gave the story a bit more time to get going and I see what you mean about it lightening up.

Edit. Not going to lie, though. I'm loving your sex scenes. So many games have one or two images (or short loops) with just a few lines of text and that's it. They seem to think that the images make the scene, when it's a combo of both image and text in a VN. I quite enjoy the 'full scene', on top of the easy access gallery. Though I've noticed that the second goblin princess gallery image seems to be missing. Not sure about any others, because I'm reading/playing the game in between other things today, so I'm currently going through the game quite slowly.
I'm enjoying the plethora of species and body types, as well. I'm a sucker for shortstacks like the goblins, Jade, and even the dryads (loli and shortstack). But they're so rarely done that I'm looking forward to seeing even more.

Last edited:

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
VictorSeven
Sorry it took so long. But I had to leave home for the whole weekend for work and just got back.

Anyways. I gave the story a bit more time to get going and I see what you mean about it lightening up.

Edit. Not going to lie, though. I'm loving your sex scenes. So many games have one or two images (or short loops) with just a few lines of text and that's it. They seem to think that the images make the scene, when it's a combo of both image and text in a VN. I quite enjoy the 'full scene', on top of the easy access gallery. Though I've noticed that the second goblin princess gallery image seems to be missing. Not sure about any others, because I'm reading/playing the game in between other things today, so I'm currently going through the game quite slowly.
I'm enjoying the plethora of species and body types, as well. I'm a sucker for shortstacks like the goblins, Jade, and even the dryads (loli and shortstack). But they're so rarely done that I'm looking forward to seeing even more.
I'm really glad you decided to weather the prologue storm and venture beyond the rocky start. You have the EXACT same kinks I do and believe me, we are gonna explore them forthwith. There are a LOT of Patreon-created characters on their way into their own side stories. Lemme post a few here:

I have the same gripes about sex scenes as you do. Either they're 2-3 images, or 1 position, 3 speeds, and release, or 20-second blowjobs that don't give you time to savor ANYTHING. I just completed the first H-scene for Chapter 6 so I can fill in the placeholder, and it has 31 video loops. 31. In a game that goes so long between H-scenes, I believe that real effort and care needs to go into them, and there needs to be a LOT of content in them. Some people play these games one-handed, if you know what I mean. And I don't aim to disappoint.

As far as your story spoiler there... that's a good catch, and I'll likely go back and edit the wording on that. Good eye, and thank you for your attention and willingness to speak up.

ssj782

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019
I'm really glad you decided to weather the prologue storm and venture beyond the rocky start. You have the EXACT same kinks I do and believe me, we are gonna explore them forthwith. There are a LOT of Patreon-created characters on their way into their own side stories. Lemme post a few here:

I have the same gripes about sex scenes as you do. Either they're 2-3 images, or 1 position, 3 speeds, and release, or 20-second blowjobs that don't give you time to savor ANYTHING. I just completed the first H-scene for Chapter 6 so I can fill in the placeholder, and it has 31 video loops. 31. In a game that goes so long between H-scenes, I believe that real effort and care needs to go into them, and there needs to be a LOT of content in them. Some people play these games one-handed, if you know what I mean. And I don't aim to disappoint.

As far as your story spoiler there... that's a good catch, and I'll likely go back and edit the wording on that. Good eye, and thank you for your attention and willingness to speak up.
Once I reached the end I kinda wanted to smack you. I love the gallery except for one thing... I saw all those empty spots and was so ticked when I saw that we only get 9 of them unlocked. Two have placeholders, and both goblins have the same first scene.
I was so sad :(

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020

WOULD YOU QUIT ADDING CUTE GIRLS TO THE GAME! It's getting hard enough to pick as it is! :love::ROFLMAO::love::ROFLMAO:

4.50 star(s) 32 Votes