cavebear

Mar 5, 2019
I'm really glad you decided to weather the prologue storm and venture beyond the rocky start. You have the EXACT same kinks I do and believe me, we are gonna explore them forthwith. There are a LOT of Patreon-created characters on their way into their own side stories. Lemme post a few here:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I have the same gripes about sex scenes as you do. Either they're 2-3 images, or 1 position, 3 speeds, and release, or 20-second blowjobs that don't give you time to savor ANYTHING. I just completed the first H-scene for Chapter 6 so I can fill in the placeholder, and it has 31 video loops. 31. In a game that goes so long between H-scenes, I believe that real effort and care needs to go into them, and there needs to be a LOT of content in them. Some people play these games one-handed, if you know what I mean. And I don't aim to disappoint.

As far as your story spoiler there... that's a good catch, and I'll likely go back and edit the wording on that. Good eye, and thank you for your attention and willingness to speak up.
so after i save nook, i will adventually get a foursome with my nookie, nookie, the queen and then little green hottie. NOICE

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Once I reached the end I kinda wanted to smack you. I love the gallery except for one thing... I saw all those empty spots and was so ticked when I saw that we only get 9 of them unlocked. Two have placeholders, and both goblins have the same first scene.
I was so sad :(
My Brother in Christ, rest assured I have done NO work on the Gallery myself lol. We will have LOTS more scenes once I hook up with the guy who made the Gallery and have him teach me how to use it and fill it out :p
Katawa shojo had one as well
The SFW Mode doesn't quite work yet as the variables and conditionals haven't been set up yet lol. But eventually! It's just not my highest priority. I have 1/3 of the missing H scenes done.

iamthejuggler

Jul 28, 2019
Loving this so far! Btw I noticed some of the weird shoulder popping in some of the animations (e.g. when nook is masturbating watching you and the princess). Not sure which engine you're using exactly, but in HS2 you can fix that by selecting that char, going to anim > joint adjustment and turning off the forearm ones. Same goes if you ever get weird spinning ankles. Not sure what those joint adjustments actually do but I spent ages trying to fix it myself so hope that helps!

Looking forward to more updates!

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Loving this so far! Btw I noticed some of the weird shoulder popping in some of the animations (e.g. when nook is masturbating watching you and the princess). Not sure which engine you're using exactly, but in HS2 you can fix that by selecting that char, going to anim > joint adjustment and turning off the forearm ones. Same goes if you ever get weird spinning ankles. Not sure what those joint adjustments actually do but I spent ages trying to fix it myself so hope that helps!

Looking forward to more updates!
AAAAAAAH I'VE BEEN WONDERING ABOUT THAT! I'm using Ai Shoujo, but the two programs are interchangeable. I shall try that. I've had BOTH of those issues. Thank you!

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Just played the game for the first time. In the beginning i wasnt sure if i would keep playing because it started off pretty boring from picking up trash to training, but after the bus arrived the game got me slightly addicted and i never considered to stop it again ^^
But it has 2,5 flaws...
1. the phone thing...its not about the textspeed, i adjusted it to my reading level, its about the total lack of control there. You cant scroll back if you missed something, you cant hit enter to show the next line if you are done reading, you cant save midway because if you load it you end up at the beginning and choices dont seem to matter as the response is always the same.
2. Renders and animations look good if you focus on the people or closeup in sex scenes, but if you look the whole picture/animation you see some annoying things, like jumping clothes, growing shoulders or poorly made backgrounds (for example, go with your goblin to the beach and look next the red lifeguard station...there is a floating square with palms and stuff on it...that 2d square even has a shadow on the ground.
.5 River...i cant shake the feeling its a trap...and i would be seriously pissed then, i really like a flat board, but i dont like the chalk and so far there was no way to prevent flirting...not really a surprise i want to run into...

iamthejuggler

Jul 28, 2019
AAAAAAAH I'VE BEEN WONDERING ABOUT THAT! I'm using Ai Shoujo, but the two programs are interchangeable. I shall try that. I've had BOTH of those issues. Thank you!
Haha, no worries. Hope it works in AI as well. To be clear the foot spinning is fixed by turning off the ankle joint customisation ... I think, it's been a while!

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Just played the game for the first time. In the beginning i wasnt sure if i would keep playing because it started off pretty boring from picking up trash to training, but after the bus arrived the game got me slightly addicted and i never considered to stop it again ^^
But it has 2,5 flaws...
1. the phone thing...its not about the textspeed, i adjusted it to my reading level, its about the total lack of control there. You cant scroll back if you missed something, you cant hit enter to show the next line if you are done reading, you cant save midway because if you load it you end up at the beginning and choices dont seem to matter as the response is always the same.
2. Renders and animations look good if you focus on the people or closeup in sex scenes, but if you look the whole picture/animation you see some annoying things, like jumping clothes, growing shoulders or poorly made backgrounds (for example, go with your goblin to the beach and look next the red lifeguard station...there is a floating square with palms and stuff on it...that 2d square even has a shadow on the ground.
.5 River...i cant shake the feeling its a trap...and i would be seriously pissed then, i really like a flat board, but i dont like the chalk and so far there was no way to prevent flirting...not really a surprise i want to run into...
To wit:
1. There have been extensive posts about the phone. The system has already been scrapped and replaced and will be available in 0.1.5.6, which I'm dropping directly to the public as soon as I finish up the last 2 H-scenes to fill in the placeholders.
2. This is my first AVN, so a lot of this has been a learning experience for me. That floating square is part of the map and I don't know how to get rid of it.
.5 There are a lot of polarizing characters in the series, and when it comes to critical junctions, players will be given game-changing choices to pursue or avoid characters they are or are not interested in. It's primarily a Kinetic Novel in which my aim is to tell a story, but I'm also trying my best to let each player customize their experience and take out content they're not interested in.

Thanks for giving it a try, and I hope to improve the experience for you in the future!

JoePlant

May 2, 2017
But also remember she has a very large interest in a perticular form of magic which makes me suspect that if so, real may happen. I suspect, givin the nature of these games, we'll be given an choice to make.

edit: To which it looks like the developer has the same idea. Just the forums didn't show me. How nice of it.

JoePlant

May 2, 2017
To wit:
1. There have been extensive posts about the phone. The system has already been scrapped and replaced and will be available in 0.1.5.6, which I'm dropping directly to the public as soon as I finish up the last 2 H-scenes to fill in the placeholders.
Ok, good. The utter lack of control as stated, when such a large number of games exist can be deal breaking/game dropping.

Do you think you'll have the gallery functional enough to have the placeholders ready then so we don't have to go back in time?

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
But also remember she has a very large interest in a perticular form of magic which makes me suspect that if so, real may happen. I suspect, givin the nature of these games, we'll be given an choice to make.

edit: To which it looks like the developer has the same idea. Just the forums didn't show me. How nice of it.
Thats not really a hint...she could be just flat and wish for some growing magic. There are also some diseases that keep a body from developing/entering puberty which could possible cured by elven high class healing magic (the one with the lasting effect, not the one eshtel uses). But the context on the phone is more trap like and even if he plans to change gender by magic, it would still while longer than the game (need to be accepted in the wca, then need approval to visit the elven world, find a high magic user, get them to do it and come back) so it wouldnt work out and river is either gone for good or you accept it as it is...both inacceptable, thats why i hope its not some trap stuff. It can be anything late bloomer to a curse, just not a dick.

JoePlant

May 2, 2017
Thats not really a hint...she could be just flat and wish for some growing magic. There are also some diseases that keep a body from developing/entering puberty which could possible cured by elven high class healing magic (the one with the lasting effect, not the one eshtel uses). But the context on the phone is more trap like and even if he plans to change gender by magic, it would still while longer than the game (need to be accepted in the wca, then need approval to visit the elven world, find a high magic user, get them to do it and come back) so it wouldnt work out and river is either gone for good or you accept it as it is...both inacceptable, thats why i hope its not some trap stuff. It can be anything late bloomer to a curse, just not a dick.
Given how recent the release was I'll err on the side of caution with this.

So while you have some good points, there are just simply things we don't know. Just how far reaching are their various influences, let alone if makes such strides, just perhapes the MC would be given a reward for his effort. We know he's selfless enough to think of the others first by now.

Through out all of this, right now this is the only fact. We can only ponder, but the developer is the only one in control, and we are along for the ride. So really it is whatever the developer puts forth for us, like it or not. Currently I've been enjoying it, and I hope, VictorSeven will be able to contine given their recent loss. I was wondering what was going to happen with the game given I haven't seen anything. While I am glad to see the game continue, I hope that the game may also give you a chance. (new character maybe? who knows.) If it can't... then take the time for yourself.

Jan 7, 2021
My Brother in Christ, rest assured I have done NO work on the Gallery myself lol. We will have LOTS more scenes once I hook up with the guy who made the Gallery and have him teach me how to use it and fill it out :p
Looks like gallery.rpy uses so just find the girl's gallery screen and replace
Python:
        add "gui/lock.png"
with
Python:
        imagebutton:
            action Replay ("[scene_label]", scope={'playername':persistent.playername or "Aurum"})
            idle "[gallery_scene_idle]"
            hover "[gallery_scene_hover]"
            insensitive "gui/lock.png"
Replacing the scene_label with the actual label. Make sure " " is at the end of the scene.
Add images for when the scene is in idle or hover. The insensitive one doesn't need changed.

Not sure why you compare against None at the beginning of the code as just setting things to default would do the same with less clutter.

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Not sure why you compare against None at the beginning of the code as just setting things to default would do the same with less clutter.
I think for the playername, it was because there's an option to leave the text box blank for the default name instead of having to type something, which speeds up my testing process. But for everyone else, you're absolutely right. Also I didn't realize I had Lirum in there twice lol

Thank you as always for your help. Wish I could just hire you to manage the gallery and clean up the project lol

Reactions: cuckoo4cocoapuffs

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Progress Report: It's Done! Just Gallery Tweaks Now

Hello, all!

The upgrade patch for the reworked Chapter 6 is done! Now all I have to do is some gallery tweaks to make the damn images show up properly, and it'll be ready to push to the public. The new version features:​

• Completely replaced text system
  • 2 new H-scenes
  • Rewritten text in Ch. 6 and Ch. 4 that makes things like the Marbog and the Harpy make more sense
  • And a handful of other quality of life fixes.
I had to take one of the H-scenes out because I realized it came RIGHT AFTER a HUGE H-scene had just finished. Doesn't make sense to have them back-to-back, especially considering how "draining" the last one was. The H-scenes might be fewer, but rest assured, they are LONGER. The first one has 41 video loops and the second one has close to 60. I went ham. The last H-scene fits better on Thursday anyways.

I should be able to release this within the next few days. I'll probably put a Skip to Chapter 6 button in as well so you don't have to replay the whole game. Stay tuned!

- Vic

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Hmm...so you dropped the dream or the flashback and the harpy crash landing scene if i see this right. Not saying i need more sexscenes, i just remember 3 placeholders, if you filled 2 of them one may still be open, or have you filled it with no sexual content?

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
Hmm...so you dropped the dream or the flashback and the harpy crash landing scene if i see this right. Not saying i need more sexscenes, i just remember 3 placeholders, if you filled 2 of them one may still be open, or have you filled it with no sexual content?
The third one is "Jade's Stress Relief", which comes right before the Harpy crash landing scene, so I assume from context that it's the harpy scene that got cut.

Reactions: KeepOnLiving

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
What I'm saying is I moved the ENTIRE Harpy crash landing scene to Thursday. So you get the Monday Dream H-scene and the Wednesday with Jade H-scene in this update. The Monday one is 41 video loops long and the Jade one is over 60 video loops plus stills. So I went HAM on these H-scenes. I hope they're satisfactory lol.

4.50 star(s) 32 Votes